Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! (7807 Views)

My Pain, Distress And Agony As A Single Mother. / Love And Infatuation? / Help! I’ve Been Married For Three Years And I’m Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
I met a young man over 2 years ago while I was still at university. I was always hesitated about  him because he seemed up to no good like a womanizer, and we never have any relationship. However, I tried as hard as I could to avoid him even though we live in different states, and he didn't show that he really cared about me, but I would always feel the need to talk to him just to make sure that he's OK. I have been advised more than once to quit contacting him. Finally, I found the strength to do so 3 months ago, but it was hell; I ended up depressed to the extent that I could not concentrate on my own life, and did not even have the motivation to start looking for a job as I recently graduated. Then, few days ago, while I was sleeping my sub-conscience dictated me to contact him which I did. Our conversation was to me what oxygen is to my body.

I'm a very beautiful woman and amongst others, there's a successful good man who is dying to marry me, but I just can't get him out of my mind and I would not like to hurt a good person. Tears have become my refuge. Without hearing from him, it's like I'm lost,  I don't know what to do anymore   sad. I don't know why this is happening to me  cry.

Please people, I will appreciate your comments!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by MOBO444(f): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^What you need is a lecture from black brother then you will wise up for good.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

^^^What you need is a lecture from black brother then you will wise up for good.

What did you mean by that?
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by MOBO444(f): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2010
3 question for you, post your picture, have you finish rocking town and how old are you.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by sohiemi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2010
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2010
s.ohiemi:

Please don't mind him,he's a retard u see.@post,u didn't really xplain your relationship wiv d guy.pls be clearer

According to me, we are platonic friends, but he will always insinuate that there's more to it. As an example, the last time I talked to him, he insisted for coming to see me. When I asked why, he just told me:"You know what it is, "

Please, find more details here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364728.0.html
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

3 question for you, post your picture, have you finish rocking town and how old are you.

I can't post my picture for privacy matter. I'm 26 and I don't understand what you meant by rocking town.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by jaybee3(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
I can help you forget him grin grin grin. Contact ma PA mobo44 for details grin grin grin
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
jay bee:

I can help you forget him grin grin grin. Contact ma PA mobo44 for details grin grin grin

My brother, it's not funny at all.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Moyola(f): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2010
. . .dont understand yur plight! undecided
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by jaybee3(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
Is he single?
Has he changed?
Do you see future with him?
No one can help with your current situation but you. It's either you are ready to move on but continue being miserable cos of someone that doesn't even think twice about you.
Go out on dates and love somebody else. with time he will fade away.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
jay bee:

Is he single?
Has he changed?
Do you see future with him?
No one can help with your current situation but you. It's either you are ready to move on but continue being miserable cos of someone that doesn't even think twice about you.
Go out on dates and love somebody else. with time he will fade away.

he told me he is single, but he's not engaged or married for sure. I talked to him once in 3 months so I'm not able to tell you if he has changed. Yes, I see future with him. You  are probably right on moving on, but what it is that anytime I tried I hurt myself more, and I'm not interested in other men. I'll try harder than. Thanks for your comment!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by jaybee3(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2010
Yeah u def have to try harder.
Obsession is a very dangerous road for someone like yourself that still has your whole life ahead of u.
It won't be easy but gotta be done hun.
Time does heal heartbreak. You can do it
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by missagbaa(f): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2010
babe,u should try the moving,u are the only person that can help urself ok.its a decision u hav to make 4 urself,
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by slex(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
jay bee:

Yeah u def have to try harder.
Obsession is a very dangerous road for someone like yourself that still has your whole life ahead of u.
It won't be easy but gotta be done hun.
Time does heal heartbreak. You can do it

Thanks again! I don't think it's proper to call it an heartbreak since we haven't date or be in intimacy. This whole thing is so strange. He once told me that no matter how hard I try, I can't put him out of my heart just like that. I'll try harder and wiser for sure.

Moyola:

. . .dont understand yur plight! undecided

I'll admit that even to me all this doesn't sound coherent or reasonable.

missagbaa:

babe,u should try the moving,u are the only person that can help urself ok.its a decision u hav to make 4 urself,

It's not that I didn't try at all, but I should try harder.Thanks!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by queeneve: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
SMH AND SIGHS@MOBO
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by oyinda3(f): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2010
i don't think there is anything we can do to help besides telling you to move on which you have already heard many times over. sorry.
i don't want to be personal but are your parents together? what is your father like? what are your brothers like? people tend to be attracted to men that are like their fathers. that's why i ask.
it baffles me when women are attracted to men who they know are up to no good. seems like they love being treated like poo.
even criminals serving time in jail have lots of women admiring them and writing love letters to them in prison.
I think you should go and fix ur own personal problem first. go and learn to be comfortable with being loved. otherwise, you will always be depressed all ur life.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
oyinda.:

i don't think there is anything we can do to help besides telling you to move on which you have already heard many times over. sorry.
i don't want to be personal but are your parents together? what is your father like? what are your brothers like? people tend to be attracted to men that are like their fathers. that's why i ask.
it baffles me when women are attracted to men who they know are up to no good. seems like they love being treated like poo.
even criminals serving time in jail have lots of women admiring them and writing love letters to them in prison.
I think you should go and fix your own personal problem first. go and learn to be comfortable with being loved. otherwise, you will always be depressed all your life.

I  don't have brothers, and my parents are happily married. My father is a wonderful man. I have not been not abused by any man.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by oyinda3(f): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2010
then i beg you not to start such a cycle. what ever u decide to make of your life now will affect your children in d future.
obviously this guy is not meant for you. if you can't move on then learn to deal with your depression. nairaland won't help you. we're not miracle workers.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
oyinda.:

then i beg you not to start such a cycle. what ever u decide to make of your life now will affect your children in d future.
obviously this guy is not meant for you. if you can't move on then learn to deal with your depression. nairaland won't help you. we're not miracle workers.

Without knowing it, you opened my eyes to a new reality. Thank you for your honest comments! I never look at it from this angle.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by femmy2010(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2010
Time wud correct it all.you are the miracle worker in the scenario.
You know d problem,sis solve it and am sure God wud give u the strenght.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by amefi(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2010
fiswu:

Without knowing it, you opened my eyes to a new reality. Thank you for your honest comments! I never look at it from this angle.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2010
amefi:

Hope to really talk to u as a frnd if u wud allow me to in private. contact me here ameduf@hotmail.co.uk n lets get smfins sorted out.

Thanks but I'm not that vulnerable. I have to face this by myself.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by amefi(m): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2010
fiswu:

Thanks but I'm not vulnerable. I have to face this by myself.

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by icon2: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
fiswu:

I met a young man over 2 years ago while I was still at university. I was always hesitated about  him because he seemed up to no good like a womanizer, and we never have any relationship. However, I tried as hard as I could to avoid him even though we live in different states, and he didn't show that he really cared about me, but I would always feel the need to talk to him just to make sure that he's OK. I have been advised more than once to quit contacting him. Finally, I found the strength to do so 3 months ago, but it was hell; I ended up depressed to the extend that I could not concentrate on my own life, and did not even have the motivation to start looking for a job as I recently graduated. Then, few days ago, while I was sleeping my sub-conscience dictated me to contact him which I did. Our conversation was to me what oxygen is to my body.

I'm a very beautiful woman and amongst others, there's a successful good man who is dying to marry me, but I just can't get him out of my mind and I would not like to hurt a good person. Tears have become my refuge. Without hearing from him, it's like I'm lost,  I don't know what to do anymore   sad. I don't know why this is happening to me  cry.

Please people, I will appreciate your comments!

I don't know what to say. But I've you tried to tell him how you feel about him. You guys should not base your relationship on assumption. You should open up. Xpress yourself. Good luck
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by toaspromo(m): 4:56am On Sep 16, 2010
it will be good if only he return your love as you so desired or else what you are just experiencing is infactuation
you had better wake up and get serious about your life some one out there is always interested in you who can do better
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by karjard(m): 10:01am On Sep 16, 2010
fiswu i think you need to let your heart speak for you and not your head. from all you have said the guy is not your type then why not call it quit with him or you end up regreting it.am not trying to choose for you cos its your life, but why making a choice make a wise one.cheers
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2010
@ Poster

I once felt the way you feel about someone (maybe I still do). I know it's hard for you to believe that you can never be with him because probably, you are used to getting the men you want, but the truth is that, he's just not for you. If he were, he'll be the one calling you and not the other way round.

You are 26, you can't afford anymore 'childhood fantasies' at your age. Forgetting him might be difficult, maybe even impossible, but you really do not have any other choice. If there were a little chance that it could work, then maybe you should try it, if for not for anything, to get him out of your system.

But if you ask me, I'd say dont bother. You win some, and lose some . . . . you need to let him go now, so you waste more time on him. Keep the channels of communication open, call him if you feel like, cos if you don't, it'll just feel like there's an empty space in your heart that only him can fill. Fill the void by hearing his voice and the while, try and build your life with someone else. With time, he'll fade into your past and be nothing more than a very good memory!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by fiswu: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Poster

I once felt the way you feel about someone (maybe I still do).  I know it's hard for you to believe that you can never be with him because probably, you are used to getting the men you want, but the truth is that, he's just not for you. If he were, he'll be the one calling you and not the other way round.

You are 26, you can't afford anymore 'childhood fantasies' at your age. Forgetting him might be difficult, maybe even impossible, but you really do not have any other choice. If there were a little chance that it could work, then maybe you should try it, if for not for anything, to get him out of your system.

But if you ask me, I'd say dont bother. You win some, and lose some . . . .  you need to let him go now, so you waste more time on him. Keep the channels of communication open, call him if you feel like, cos if you don't, it'll just feel like there's an empty space in your heart that only him can fill. Fill the void by hearing his voice and the while, try and build your life with someone else. With time, he'll fade into your past and be nothing more than a very good memory!

Ujujoan and Oyinda, you have helped me with your comments. Thanks a lot!!!  I admit that as a child I was spoiled.  I used to have what I wanted the minute I wanted it without thinking too much.  While growing up, my beauty and intelligence have brought so much attention to me, and as a young woman, men from all backgrounds are always around waiting for an occasion to please me.  Then, because I always take them for granted, most of the time without having a relationship with them, I brake their hearts.  However, don't get me wrong, I'm a classy lady and I have high standards.  Some of them even introduce me to their mothers (against my will), but I was too selfish to understand that I might hurt them somehow.  I lose interest in them quickly. Then, I met this guy, I think that he was clever enough to read my game.  By the way, I don't like to be chased aggressively and I hate losing at anything. He is cute, but that's nothing I haven't seen before.  He keep my interest in him on the rise by not being available, and by not following my instructions. He is the only one who ever resist me. I think that I get caught in my own trap.
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2010
^^^ I undertand you perfectly becos honey, I've been there! Call it Karma, call it a penance but dont keep hurting yourself over him. You've done everything you can and the best you can do is to leave the rest to fate. What will be will be and what won't be won't be!

In my own case, I assumed that that was God's expensive way of teaching me that I can't have it all . . . . And I resigned myself to it.

Besides, what's to say that wat you feel for him won't fade once the novelty of having him wears off The truth is that you hardly know this guy. You are attracted to your perception of him which might not even be real. What happens if you get close to him and have your fantasy of him being the 'perfect man' crushed ruthlessly? You go from infatuation to resentment in the time it takes to complete a heartbeat. What happens to your life then?

It's much easier to forget him, move on with you life. Marry the man that loves you and build a future on what is real. I'm sorry to have to break this to you sweetheart, but the days of your 'childhood pranks' are over!
Re: Infatuation, Lies, Distress And The Truth: My Story For 2 years and a half! by tshepiso(f): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2010
hello!well first of all how sure are you that this guy even thinks about you or let alone has feelings for you!you keep contacting him but you don`t say if he contacts you!my sister let him be move on with your life you deserve better!i am aouth african woman and here in south africa they call it stalking!leave him HE IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attraction? / Hmmm... I Know I'll Soon Be Killed But Sadly I Can't Prevent It / Rubey Is Officially The Sexiest Girl On Nairaland(prove me wrong)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.