Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women (2559 Views)

9 Surprising Benefits Of Being Single That No One Has Told You Before / Guys, What Female Body Type Do You Find Unattractive? / Things Guys Say When They Want To Get Down With A Babe: See Hilarious Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by 24hoursreporter: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Guys can be a little bit funny with their desires. And if you want to attract the right man, you should be able to know how men think.

It is in the nature of ladies to get men attention. But sometimes they may be doing this wrong, and indirectly chasing the right guys away.

Do you know the funny thing about this? Girls may not even know that guys find some of the things they do unattractive.

So, every lady should take note of the following things guys find unattractive in ladies

9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women

01. Excessive Makeup

Wearing makeup is cool, but when it becomes too much it irritates a guy.

You may think applying foundations; lips gloss, eye shadow, mascara, contour, eyeliners, mary kay, etc may make you look good. But when it is too much, it will make you look unappealing.

Be moderate in your makeup. Minimal makeup brings out beauty, but when it is excessive, it makes you look like a “nightwalker” (Ghost).

02. Being Around Your Guy Always

This may sound funny, but it is the truth. Guys don’t like ladies that don’t give them breathing space. No matter how close and happy you are with your man, sometimes give them little time to be alone.

Don’t make it looks like you don’t have a life outside the relationship. Giving your man space from time to time doesn’t affect how he feels about you. In fact, it makes him value you more.

Demanding for your partner’s attention all the time can be irritating, and guys find it unattractive.

03. Overconfidence

We all know that guys love ladies who are confident and have high self-esteem. In fact, seven out of every ten guys out there want to marry a lady with high self-esteem.

But there is a big difference between being confident and being conceited. Guys abhor the latter. And it is one of the things guys find unattractive in women.

It is actually cool to believe in yourself, be proud of your accomplishment, and be glad of what you have to offer. But never show off. This will turn off any serious man from your life.

Trust me, no man wants to be with a woman who has a huge ego and acts like a narcissist.

However, when you are humble and have no trait of arrogance, you will naturally attract the right men.

04. Speaking ill Of Your Ex

Ladies are fond of speaking ill of their ex when they are around their new guy. While you may think this is a good idea, it is actually a negative behavior.

And if you have the habit of always bad mouthing your ex, your new guy may see you as a bad person instead. I know ladies do this to show a guy that they are completely over with their Ex.

But when criticizing your ex is becoming a recurring decimal in most of your conversations, guys find this very unattractive.

From a guy’s point of view, when you constantly criticize your Ex, it only means one thing – you still have feelings for him.

So, if you really want to attract Mr. Right, you must turn your back on your past, and move on.

05. When You Are Pessimistic In Every Situation

We are in the 21st century and being beautiful is not enough to attract the right man. You need to have a positive mindset when reacting to situations. Don’t be a negative Nelly…

When you are a pessimist, it affects your relationship negatively. Men find women with negative mindsets or personalities completely unattractive.

At a point in a man’s life, he needs a woman who will motivate and inspire him to weather the storm of Vicissitude that he may face in life. But a pessimistic lady may make things worst.

So, instead of worrying about designers clothes, overly styled hair, or long nails, strive towards being optimistic and develop a positive mindset. This will make you more attractive than the most expensive dress.

06. Being Mean To Other Girls

As a lady, it is important to always stand up for yourself, especially if you feel marginalized. But don’t develop the habit of being mean to other ladies. This is a trait that will make you unattractive to your man.

Being catty and mean to other girls only makes you look petty and immature. It doesn’t make you seem emotionally mature at all. And it irritates any guy when his lady is being mean to her fellow woman.

If you want to impress your man, stop behaving like a juvenile girl. Rather strive to be the best version of yourself. This will definitely make you more attractive to your man.

07. When You Take Too Much Risk (Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women)

It is true that guys like ladies that are adventurous and spontaneous. But there should be a limit to this, otherwise, you will become completely unattractive.

Engaging in risky habits like smoking, binge drinking, mountain climbing, driving without a seatbelt isn’t what a lady should do. In fact, it is one of the things that guys find unattractive in women.

08. Playing Hard To Get

Playing hard to get is one of the things guys find unattractive in a woman. While most men love women that are assertive and outgoing, don’t play too hard to get. This may make you lost a good man.

Whenever you are always playing hard to get, and disengaging from your man, you are making the mistake of not creating time for him.

To some guys, when you play hard to get it is an act of immaturity. And it indicates that you are unwilling to take the relationship seriously and this is one of the surprising things guys find unattractive in women.

09. When You Attend Too Many Parties
It is good to be social and hang out with friends once in a while. But when it becomes too much, it may come back to bite you.

Every man needs a lady who is reliable, rational, and not some out of control party animals who are reckless, and put themselves and others in a harmful situation.

You see, if you want to attract the right man, you must understand how men think. For instance, men love ladies who are confident, outgoing, fun to be with.

But when you are the type who throw caution to the wind and take party very serious, guys will find you unattractive.

Even if you must attend parties, do that responsibly. Because every man wants to settle down with a responsible lady.

If you really want to attract the right man in your life, practice what you learn in this article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFifJV2d0eQ

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/04/18/things-guys-find-unattractive/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
dominique
Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by 24hoursreporter: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2019
To Attract the right man, you must learn how men think
Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by greatbrian(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2019
1. I call it gum-body..... I detest it with passion
Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by MJBOLT: 9:10am On Apr 19, 2019
that number 1 is extremely disgusting especially that eye lash rubbish
i respect girls who go natural(no make up) or apply little make up.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2019
op will they hear! they won't
#wetin concern me sef

Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2019
1. Excessive makeup.

Yet same guys date the large percentage of girls with same makeup. Same guys follow these girls on IG. Same guys grow, make money and become big gods of these girls.

2. Being Around Your Guy Always.

Be around him, wahala.
Give him space, more wahala.

He will run to NL, "my girlfriend calls me just once a day. She can go 1week without visiting. What do I do?

1st commenter (m): Dude, that girl no love you. When women love you, them no go gree you rest. Dump her and get a girl that will be all over you.

2nd commenter (m): Useless Nigerian girlfriend, I bet there is another guy she gives all her time to.

3rd commenter (f): I think she is just giving you your space. She has a life of her own you know?

4th commenter (m): *quotes 3rd commenter*
Feminist!!! Supporting your fellow olosho! Continue, very soon menopause will jam you there! See you in Shiloh 2019.

3. Overconfidence .

This one na normal thing. Be confident, don't be too confident. Have your own money, just not too much of it. In a nutshell, never have anything more than the man, it is a turn off.

4. Speaking ill Of Your Ex.

No problem, we will stop. Better still, we would only speak good of him. I hate this too though.

8. Playing Hard To Get.

---Girl sees guy, likes guy, follows him to his house, they have sex. Next day on NL...

"Nigerian girls are cheap. Small thing, ordinary indomie...them done hand leg for burglary proof make I administer preek"

---Nigerian girl plays hard to get, next day on NL.

"Nigerian girls with their useless mentality. When I was chatting with one white girl, she was just flowing. They don't take sex as anything. Very mature. #TeamForeignGirls

Abeg, different folks for different folks. Man matter done dey confuse person sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by schoolboymatt(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2019
why is play hard to get on this list??
I love it when they play hard to get.
Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by united442(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
MJBOLT:
that number 1 is extremely disgusting especially that eye lash rubbish
i respect girls who go natural(no make up) or apply little make up.

my ex said she wants to come back,i gave her 5 rules, number 3 rule was more no eye slash againgrin..

i hate that crap..
Re: 9 Surprising Things Guys Find Unattractive In Women by sweetrace(f): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Total nonsense!!! Another post telling women to be less than who they are so they can attract a man. Forgetting that most men don’t know what they want in a woman. A guy can say he likes chubby ladies, but he gets married to a skinny one. Or a guy who claims he is attracted to go getters marrying a shy and timid lady. We all know how Toke bleached to be her husbands specs.... Anyways, I think people should just strive to be the best versions of themselves instead of trying to be another’s ideal.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Hot Babes Assets / If She Does These To You, What Could It Mean? / You all need to see this (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.