Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36036 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by highness25(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
EmagNig:
Senegalese-American Entertainer, Akon has shared an interesting perspective on why Africa is better than America.
According to the music mogul, it is the media that is portraying Africa in the negative light:

‘the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

He further stated in the video that Africans need to start telling their positive stories to their children and stop the spread of negative news about the continent, as the media are always quick to pick this up and spread further to the rest of the civilized world.

See Video Here:

https://lailasnews.com/africa-is-better-than-america-akon/

But Oga Akon, you achievements comes from America.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Thonee(m): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Bro Akon u might be right but my Benin ppl will never agree with you. Generally Africa is suffering from lack of love amongst themselves. We have far more good history to tell the world.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Icon79(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
KPOM!

O pari

sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Henon: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oga na lieeeeeee!!!!!!!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by pimper24: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
EmagNig:
Senegalese-American Entertainer, Akon has shared an interesting perspective on why Africa is better than America.
According to the music mogul, it is the media that is portraying Africa in the negative light:

‘the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

He further stated in the video that Africans need to start telling their positive stories to their children and stop the spread of negative news about the continent, as the media are always quick to pick this up and spread further to the rest of the civilized world.

See Video Here:

that's true na. But he should have added 'in some ways'. Anyway what's he doing in America?
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
jom28gy:
is due to mismanaged of African governments,otherwise,africa states are richer than them all
Tell that to the birds. Who is the government? Tye gobernment officials are they not products of the society? A society that teaches you tjay hard work is suffering. U a never see anything. I think you should leave the Americans and focus on your wahala
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
tax money wey d officials and dhier oga at d top dey flex.if u really want to live comfortable in nigeria just buy the things u need to live with by urself cos infrastructure in nigeria is non existent.even wen it comes to health in nigeria its still zero cos our health system is comatose. the average lifespan of a nigerian male right now is 47 yrs and some ppl here dey argue here dat we living a better quality of life.
You dey mind them? They are attuned to suffering. Ask them which sector works the will start deflecting.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by MartinsD12(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
EmagNig:

See Video Here:

Some how I agree with akon on this, but africa is backward and corrupt unlike other civilized continent

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Shinjitsu: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
And you live in America..Come back and live if Africa is better

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hades2016:
lol he can’t try it na... Na mouth Africa take better pass America grin
Loz can you believed the nonsense? African is better than America. grin grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by okayman4real(m): 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
see this akon, u never spend a month in Africa.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by okayman4real(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
grin
Flashh:
But you left Africa, for America to blow.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by King44(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
those people saying nice things about Africa will still come here and gather to curse Africa when ever a bad news pops up bunch if hypocrites
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Austineva(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Original one for that matter wink
I know. Longest time
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by haryomikun(m): 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
pickatyou:
In corruption and under development, yes.

If to say u no been dey Gods own country you for just be one motor park tout.

And if you say the media is portraying bad image, what of we that live in it. If given an opportunity I will portray Africa using Nigeria (the capital shithole of Africa ) as a case study in bad light , cos I have seen the bad, bad and the ugly in this god forsaken land of ours.
I swear bro. Na wetin dey my mind.

These mumus wey just dey shout nonsense say na media dey portray yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by olaitonto(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sure.. because u are African
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Serveyouright(m): 11:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
megareal:

Demarketing on social media by ranting may not create the change we need. What stops us from going to the seat of power to protest? What stops us invading our representative 's houses and demanding accountability? What stops us blocking the road to any Government house and waiting for our Governor to speak to us and institute people friendly programs and policies? What stops us going to our state houses of assembly to demand for better representations, laws etc? Reason is that we subconsciously believe that others will fight for us while we wail. Foreign powers can't do anything for us if we can't do it for ourselves. Its not a factional thing, it should be collective. If the youths don't wake up and physically demand better leadership and accountability, the leaders won't ever take us serious. It should be a mass movement that is contagious.

If we also do not become the change we want by living right, we will continue to de marketing ourselves to our detriment as we have already learnt.

My brother if demarketing this fake and conscripted entity call Nigeria will make those smell and old wicked leaders seat up so be it. My brother poverty has finished us. I was in village today I couldn't believe what I saw. Malnutrition, hopelessness, wretched life. I saw human being created by God tears roll down my face and I asked myself who did we offend in this nation. Are we at war?. How can we fight them with police, Army, civil defend all armed to protect them. Sars is killing Nigerian for no reason. Fight them at your own risk.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is blessed
Africa is everything you need ranging from nature,peace of mind and discipline
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by selemo: 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
You are the biggest black monkey I have ever seen!. I was born in Africa and I lived here for over 30 years. There are 1000 ways to die in America compared to 1million ways to die in Africa. People die in America for a reason but people kill in Africa for no reason. Keep deceiving your people. BLACK FOOL! grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by selemo: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
highness25:
But Oga Akon, you achievements comes from America.
Abi oo! ask the fool..
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by selemo: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2019
milehigh06:
How d f do you compare a continent to a country
Abi oo, ask the illiterate.. grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by selemo: 12:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Wisdomval67:

I hate when people try to deceive other people.
grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Austineva:
I know. Longest time
no see cheesy
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by OyinO: 3:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Greatness. Pan Africanism
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Hades2016(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2019
JjBankys:
Loz can you believed the nonsense? African is better than America. grin grin
if dem born am well make him move to Africa with all his family grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Solidvid(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Ahmed0336:
no matter how hard you explain many youths will never see it from that perspective.

it's all good!!
swear say u no wish to travel put of this continent on permanent basis
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Mbitiouz69: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
U re absolutely correct bro

I know a couple of guys who were doing relatively fine in Nigeria. The left in search of greener pasture

Almost all of them are regretting it.

One of them warned me not to contemplate leaving Nigeria
Dude relocated to Canada with his family
A guy sharing flat with them started fuuucking his wife.

Dude can't dare do much about it
He is stuck
If he files for divorce he loses everything
and the guy fuuuuucking his wife will no longer be hiding to do it
that is literally irritating , I pray Africans learn to appreciate themselves and what they have
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Mbitiouz69: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Africa is better yet Buhari go to UK for treatment...for Ghanaian president died in the US...many of our professional athletes who live big are those playing abroad...Akon should tell that de are potential for Africa to be great if the right templates are set but this one I completely disagree...ask ur self the amount of money pple abroad send back to Nigerians here u ll understand...fidel Castro was treated and died in Cuba...so what are we saying
our health facilities are beneath ,it is clear and we all know that but do you know if we have good leaders that are not greedy, we in Africa would move further and security, health and others will be great and world class in Africa, they are a lot of things I'll love to have spoke about but it would be really long, one thing is DAT many African , don't bliv good can come out from Africa, they put themselves beneath, its not always the government, the people are a part of the government too, the people's mentality is not favouring other citizens that are positive, our athletes do big abroad cause they have great talents that are appreciated more over there .
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
Mbitiouz69:
our health facilities are beneath ,it is clear and we all know that but do you know if we have good leaders that are not greedy, we in Africa would move further and security, health and others will be great and world class in Africa, they are a lot of things I'll love to have spoke about but it would be really long, one thing is DAT many African , don't bliv good can come out from Africa, they put themselves beneath, its not always the government, the people are a part of the government too, the people's mentality is not favouring other citizens that are positive, our athletes do big abroad cause they have great talents that are appreciated more over there .
like u said Africa has potential if the right templates of leadership,sensible and responsible followership and functional structure is set in motion...moreover I wonder how Akon will compare a whole continent with a country...is Africa a country...lets compare country to country so that the conversation will make sense...its not all gloomy I agree but the situation can improve...
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nostradamus: 11:29am On May 08, 2019
Haaaaa!!!!!! Boda akon,e tun ti sare mun igbo laaro kutukutu yi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kupe Boys Rock Matching Outfits, Share Adorable Photo / Picture Of Dress Linda Ikeji Bought For N1m, You Like? / TY Bello Celebrates 40th Birthday With Bedroom Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.