Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,727 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36039 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by kay29000(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
poweredcom:
Akon that statement is ridiculous

Africa can never be greater than America hahahaha it can't happen

Maybe not in our lifetime, but it can happen. We have everything to be great but low self esteem, religion, and tribe is holding us back.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by KingWarri: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
blindjustice13:
Why do they keep saying Africa instead of the various countries In Africa? Imagine comparing A continent and a Country and you wonder why most Americans and Europeans are ignorant to the fact that Africa is a continent and not a country or a small village.
I pray they are ignorant of it..... how come they can still tell you where an African criminal in their country is from??
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Sanchez01: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media
And you wantu run o angry
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by henrixx(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Come and live in Africa na. Make body tell you
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Rollitout: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa can be good but Nigeria and Nigerians is silly bad
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Brightest04(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
A true African in the right direction of mind.Foreign media murder African image with the aid of foolish Africa media who sees nothing good about their continent but the bad part of it.
They print and tell it as if America has no an iota of problem but a Paradise full of saints.
And this evil perspective is what ruining Nigeria today.And the early we start seeing our country from a better perspective the better respect we receive from these foreign media and people out of the shore of our land.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Austineva(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
tohyorsih2:
I concur.
African woman sighted
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
jom28gy:
you're right, Africa is 100%,better than Anerica,Africa is natural land,while America,is a destroyed land and unnatural
With their destroyed land they still manage to produce more than enough food. So much that they throw much of what tjey produce. You with yoyr fertile blessed land you dont have enoigh to eat and still import their own produce. SMH
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by fatiuabdul: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Does Akon live in Africa to be in position of comparing Africa with America!
Let him move down here especially in the northern part of Nigeria and then judge!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Brightest04:
A true African in the right direction of mind.Foreign media murder African image with the aid of foolish Africa media who sees nothing good about their continent but the bad part of it.
They print and tell it as if America has no an iota of problem but a Paradise full of saints.
And this evil perspective is what ruining Nigeria today.And the early we start seeing our country from a better perspective the better respect we receive from these foreign media and people out of the shore of our land.
If there is somethi g good lets say it nah. Stop abusing people for telling the truth. Instead accept wjere you are wrong and use it as fuel to make your country better. If the doctor says you are sick it doesnt mean he hates you it jist means there is something that needs attention
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
fatiuabdul:
Does Akon live in Africa to be in position of comparing Africa with America!
Let him move down here especially in the northern part of Nigeria and then judge!
God bless you. He is worth millions and is telling them to stay. They too are fillowing him. grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Jidibia:

U dey mind am. Why him run. Had it been na Africa him be ex convict, who for know am. Shebi prison warder for don kill am for prison since. Nonsense talk. When the negative sides of Africa pass the positive sides what do you expect?
grin grin who no like better thing
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
Saintp:

All you niggas care about in this life is just ya own pockets, money,money and money. Do you guys ever care about your environment? Do you niggas ever care about your infrastructure? Do you guys ever care about the disable, the poor etc? Do you guys ever care about your institutions?No wonder politicians will not do anything while in office but will bring out billions to share during elections because they know that is where the interest of the people is.

For Africa to move forward, we must first understand that the strength and attractiveness of a country lies on it general wealth (environment, institutions, infrastructures etc) and not on individual wealth of people earning 500k a month.

If assassins invade ya house and you have 5 mins to get help and survive, a poor man in America will simply dial 911 and get the police to rescue him while a rich man in Nigeria will die with his 500k salary.
If you have the money to access world class hospitals in time of emergency, it will take 6 hours to get to a hospital in Europe while it will take 10 mins for a poor man in Europe to access the same hospital the rich Nigerian man is running to for the same issue.

What I am saying is that money is not the all and all, a lot of things are higher up in the ladder for some people than just money in the bank which could be useless in a shithole.
They dont see the big picture. They only live for the moment. Thats why a man will buy a bently and be driving it on a pothole ridden road and feel he is enjoying

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by SaintM90(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
AKonis so right but please come back to Senegal and stay for just one month and I promise you.... Your life will never remain the same

See akon Lemme advice you, don't let ur village people bring u back ooo shocked cool tongue
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
for u to be comfortable in nigeria u have to have ur own water supply,ur own security,ur own light. for u to install ur own water pump in ur compound will cost money and for yu to purchase a very good generator like a lister generator will also cost money and for u to have ur own security u will also pay money for vigilante since nigerian police force is non existent .in nigeria ppl are dying of common headache and typoid.so for u to live a good quality of life in nigeria like even an ordinary gas attendant in USA u will have to have money like otedola for u to to live dat life.imagine a waiter in a cafe in america drives a camry and its viewed as normal but when a bank manager in nigeria manages to buy a 1992 model camry he wont let us hear word again.abeg in america their quality of life is far above our own.
All this and he will still be paying tax to a non existent government
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by qtx(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thales01:
I dissent from his erroneous statement.
If Africa were to be better than America,Africans wouldn't be emigrating from their respective countries in droves in search of green pastures abroad.
But Africa possesses tremendous potentials to outpace America in terms of development and advancement evident in the fact that Africa is the home to limitless human and natural resources.Unfortunately,dearth of percipient leadership is impeding our progress as a continent.Power-hungry african leaders have the flawed mentality about power as an avenue for self aggrandizement instead of actualization of the common good of the people.That is why most African countries are mired in pervasive corruption.That is why Africa still remain backward in spite of its endless potentialities.
you spoke my mind
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Richiecrown: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
I totally disagree on Akon on this matter o. It takes you to live in Africa, case study of Nigeria and America in order for him to conclude that Africa better than America.
Let him come to Nigeria and experience days of darkness, SARS brutality, bad road and road network, open robbery and kidnapping, lawless environs etc
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
if Akon ran his whole career in Africa

hmmm

maybe he would be playing for drunkards undecided undecided
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by sinaj(f): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sanchez01:

And you wantu run o angry
I love my country o! But still need a back up incase the inevitable happens
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by megareal: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Serveyouright:
[color=#990000][/color

I like your comment but the part you advise the youth to take this entity corrupted by our selfish leader serious is a Capital No for me. If I may ask, what is the cap btw the rich and poor. As human we have 3 fundamental needs, food, cloth and shelter, naturally life has been given to us freely by God. In Nigeria, government has not live up to expectations. Everyone occuping seat of power in Nigeria are there to rape the nation to death.. We generate our light, generate water, build house we live in, pay for security, sometimes we contribute money to construct road we walk on. What is the responsibility of government to her citizen? If life were something to purchase with cash we wouldn't have been alive today. Nigeria government is wicked, and we will continue to demarket this fake product until the producer do something about it.
Demarketing on social media by ranting may not create the change we need. What stops us from going to the seat of power to protest? What stops us invading our representative 's houses and demanding accountability? What stops us blocking the road to any Government house and waiting for our Governor to speak to us and institute people friendly programs and policies? What stops us going to our state houses of assembly to demand for better representations, laws etc? Reason is that we subconsciously believe that others will fight for us while we wail. Foreign powers can't do anything for us if we can't do it for ourselves. Its not a factional thing, it should be collective. If the youths don't wake up and physically demand better leadership and accountability, the leaders won't ever take us serious. It should be a mass movement that is contagious.

If we also do not become the change we want by living right, we will continue to de marketing ourselves to our detriment as we have already learnt.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by echodrum(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media
which channel are you watching ma'am?
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Elliot2(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
My 500k,with the potential to increase this, is preferable to that $3k which comes after slaving my ass on multiple jobs a day in the USA, paying numerous unexplained taxes and stands the risk of being treated as a 3rd class citizen with no right.

Not bragging bro, in Nigeria I live happily like a king
and end up using your #500k to buy imported goods to live a comfortable life. Ari ifamba eh!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Sanchez01: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
I love my country o! But still need a back up incase the inevitable happens
Choi! See ya life! Na better back up! grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by echodrum(m): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
It is rediculous how some people can fall for cheat argument.
If Akon is teaching me about music industries I would listen to him. But for Akon to pick a topic that is bigger than him is very laughable. There is no way you can compare death to sleep.
The kind of lawlessness in Africa is nothing to compare with America. Akon stop deceiving our people. People like you should mobilize against our wicked leaders instead of trying to paint them white when it is obvious they are black.
I am not sure the kind of news paper and TV channels Akon has been reading and watching. Google is right there if you are blind. Just Google the kind of crime you want to study about in any state or city of your choice, you will get all the information you want. Where in Africa do you hear about background check? Huu Akon??

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by luluman: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ahmed0336:
no matter how hard you explain many youths will never see it from that perspective.

it's all good!!
Especially yeebos
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mbitiouz69:
God bless you big time for this, people in Nigeria tend to spoil their image , Africa is the best place in the planet,the most fertile land,west Africa are the kings of gold on the planet and if not for bad leaders Nigeria was the second in oil in the world, most people out there know the truth tho, but their hunger won't let dem think, we just need leaders that are not greedy, so we can move forward
Africa is better yet Buhari go to UK for treatment...for Ghanaian president died in the US...many of our professional athletes who live big are those playing abroad...Akon should tell that de are potential for Africa to be great if the right templates are set but this one I completely disagree...ask ur self the amount of money pple abroad send back to Nigerians here u ll understand...fidel Castro was treated and died in Cuba...so what are we saying

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
Austineva:
African woman sighted

Original one for that matter wink
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
moonbender:

Kindly grant me a chat with you.

No problem. You can send a PM wink
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thales01:
I dissent from his erroneous statement.
If Africa were to be better than America,Africans wouldn't be emigrating from their respective countries in droves in search of green pastures abroad.
But Africa possesses tremendous potentials to outpace America in terms of development and advancement evident in the fact that Africa is the home to limitless human and natural resources.Unfortunately,dearth of percipient leadership is impeding our progress as a continent.Power-hungry african leaders have the flawed mentality about power as an avenue for self aggrandizement instead of actualization of the common good of the people.That is why most African countries are mired in pervasive corruption.That is why Africa still remain backward in spite of its endless potentialities.

Thank you for speaking sense. potential and reality are two different things. Economic development across infrastructure, human capital and the stability of institutions on the continent is .... zero. now the problem with ppl like akon is that they spend more than half the year in ATL and LA, in the so called violent and deceitful America. Where do their dearest fam members live ?

We need more self critique, less self deceit.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by tosinosam(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
lepasharon:
The media portraying Africa in a bad light? I bet he has never lived in Africa.
You just gave out the fat truth
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Saintp:

All you niggas care about in this life is just ya own pockets, money,money and money. Do you guys ever care about your environment? Do you niggas ever care about your infrastructure? Do you guys ever care about the disable, the poor etc? Do you guys ever care about your institutions?No wonder politicians will not do anything while in office but will bring out billions to share during elections because they know that is where the interest of the people is.

For Africa to move forward, we must first understand that the strength and attractiveness of a country lies on it general wealth (environment, institutions, infrastructures etc) and not on individual wealth of people earning 500k a month.

If assassins invade ya house and you have 5 mins to get help and survive, a poor man in America will simply dial 911 and get the police to rescue him while a rich man in Nigeria will die with his 500k salary.
If you have the money to access world class hospitals in time of emergency, it will take 6 hours to get to a hospital in Europe while it will take 10 mins for a poor man in Europe to access the same hospital the rich Nigerian man is running to for the same issue.

What I am saying is that money is not the all and all, a lot of things are higher up in the ladder for some people than just money in the bank which could be useless in a shithole.
u de mind African man...of what relevance is one super rich in d midst of 1000...we are talking about decent living for over a large number of people... in Africa which is lacking...A president of d most populous country Buhari is always running abroad for treatment and de are talking shit
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by tosinosam(m): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dasuks:

Thank you for speaking sense. potential and reality are two different things. Economic development across infrastructure, human capital and the stability of institutions on the continent is .... zero. now the problem with ppl like akon is that they spend more than half the year in ATL and LA, in the so called violent and deceitful America. Where do their dearest fam members live ?

We need more self critique, less self deceit.
Think I will need to take English class on this forum through you. Your English grammar is wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid's Beach Party In Ghana: Phyno, Wande Coal, Others Attend (Video) / "I Prefer Money To Good Sex" – Amanda Ebeye / Justin Idibia Graduates From 5th Grade, Moving To Middle School (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.