Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36034 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Cityfirstborn(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
we like deceiving ourselves, the American media are not even bringing our bad to the world. imagine if they start reporting the hundreds of people been killed every day by bandits and boko haram

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by magicminister: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:
How d f do you compare a continent to a country

America is a continent, USA is a country

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
Flashh:
But you left Africa, for America to blow.
No mind the mumu,how many foreign artist come to africa to perform concert if not via invitation
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by BeiFangLaye(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:
Did Akon not become well known and rich by his exploits in America?
Would he have become that big if he was in Senegal..he would have released his songs in french and no way would he have gotten the kind of artists to feature on his songs like he was able to

Akon..just stop it
He's seen and now he's giving us feedback, the key info is where he said we have to be promoting positives about Africa. and yes more people die in America but you'll hardly hear or read about it
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Some petty Nigerians will absorb this nonetitical statement of his with the usual shameful lines like "an average american isnt better off than an average african" grin

Lies kill Akon there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by ihimiray(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ode be deceiving us... Why not pack ur load and come down to africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by babzo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Yet, he's iiving in America and ALL his children live in America.
Akon my guy...leave story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
Experience is the best teacher. Let me live in the US for ten years first, then I'llbe able to compare. Just like you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by moonbender(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
tohyorsih2:
I concur.
Kindly grant me a chat with you.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
He's talking as a business man
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
magicminister:

America is a continent, USA is a country
The Americas arevthe continents
South America and North America

When you generally speak of America you relate to USA
And lets go further..if he is speaking of The Americas..north and south..you need to get out of your African enclave and see how well developed the world is
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by RealityShot: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Been telling Nigerians that America isn't that paradise we ignorantly think it is.
America has higher crime rate than Nigeria

America has 1000s unresolved murder cases

I prefer a Nigeria where I earn 500k monthly to an America where I may earn 3 to 4k monthly pay.
where do you see N500k jobs in Nigeria?
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

Which nigerian job pays you 500k monthly...nigeria has no credible source of the number of people who die monthly so there is no basis for comparism...3k dollars is about 900k before taxes a month..you dont have light,your leaders rob tou blind,no good roads,tribalism but yet you prefer that
My 500k,with the potential to increase this, is preferable to that $3k which comes after slaving my ass on multiple jobs a day in the USA, paying numerous unexplained taxes and stands the risk of being treated as a 3rd class citizen with no right.

Not bragging bro, in Nigeria I live happily like a king

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Mbitiouz69: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
He is a black American, buh he decided to come back to his roots , in Senegal, he currently lives in Senegal

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by eliwa47(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
Truth is bitter, Africa good die!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
It is simple. Come back to Africa grin
Don’t mind the MAN
he should start by going back home
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Eaglenimi: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
That is turu
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by paddyofboss(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
JjBankys:
Simple Come back to African. Nonsense undecided
With this type of grammar I doubt he will
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
BeiFangLaye:

He's seen and now he's giving us feedback, the key info is where he said we have to be promoting positives about Africa. and yes more people die in America but you'll hardly hear or read about it

You dont see it cos you dont do your research...cant stand people with such dumb comments..
I have seen a lot of positive stories on Africa and also a lot of negatives and i can tell you that i have seen much more negative stories on American living that i will ever see on African living..just watch shows like vice,live cops,skidcrow stories and see a part of America that your african media probably will never show you and thats on y'all
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
RealityShot:
where do you see N500k jobs in Nigeria?
Bros, lots of people I know make alot more than 500k monthly. 500k monthly is considered peanut among people I know.

500k monthly is no big deal bro

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
undiluted rubbishness!... the shithole is cursed with irresponsible, SELF-SERVING, redundant, bloodthirsty RULERS! #FACT!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akon i miss some of your music sha..But ,if you believe Africa is better,just come back to Africa..

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Ahmed0336(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U did not understand Akon
i quite did
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by BeiFangLaye(m): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

You dont see it cos you dont do your research...cant stand people with such dumb comments..
I have seen a lot of positive stories on Africa and also a lot of negatives and i can tell you that i have seen much more negative stories on American living that i will ever see on African living..just watch shows like vice,live cops,skidcrow stories and see a part of America that your african media probably will never show you and thats on y'all
thanks for the enlightenment but next time please don't call me dumb
thank you
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Mbitiouz69: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
My 500k,with the potential to increase this, is preferable to that $3k which comes after slaving my ass on multiple jobs a day in the USA, paying numerous unexplained taxes and stands the risk of being treated as a 3rd class citizen with no right.

Not bragging bro, in Nigeria I live happily like a king
God bless you big time for this, people in Nigeria tend to spoil their image , Africa is the best place in the planet,the most fertile land,west Africa are the kings of gold on the planet and if not for bad leaders Nigeria was the second in oil in the world, most people out there know the truth tho, but their hunger won't let dem think, we just need leaders that are not greedy, so we can move forward

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by rockh2065: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
GOSPEL TRUTH
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Bobbyigwe(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
God bless you Akon for saying the truth
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Princedapace(m): 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media

Yes, every country has negative stories.. But that doesn't mean Africans shouldn't have built hospitals to treat their own people..

Whites didn't tell African leaders to be looting like the sudanese ex president..

Whites didn't tell Africans not to produce anything, but buy luxury items from whites. No, we decided not to produce the TV we watch, we decided not to produce the phones we use, we decided to be importing fuel even when we have oil every where..

Whites didn't tell us not to fix our electricity. We chose to be stupid enough not to fix that.

Whites didn't tell us not to invest in education. No, they didn't. We decided to loot the money for education.

Whites didn't tell us to be paying our leaders, senators, massively while the civil servants suffer and earn poorly.

Whites didn't tell us to have the mind of looting and looting and looting something we can't finish in 100 years as individuals..

Whites didn't tell us to lie about how much it cost to start and complete government funded projects..

Whites didn't tell us to use poor materials to complete government projects..

Whites didn't tell our leaders to be sending their kids abroad for education while they abandon the education we have here to suffer..

Whites didn't tell us to be sending our president to UK for treatment..

Abeg, make una leave whites alone. Africa would sell on her own when we do the right things.. Asia sold on her own becus the leaders and the people did the right thing

Look at United Arab Emirate. It sold becus the leaders are visionary..

3 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by oluaye247: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Great talk from a great African legend.
He is always in support of his continent not only his country (Senegal).

And...

I always see Akon as an example to all Africans .
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Westsida: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

I salute Akon for this boldness. They’ve killed lots of people in the past. People that really wanna changed the world to be a better place. I just hope somedays the blacks would get to know see the truth. The al time wealthiest man in the history was from Africa. His Riches were beyond all the existing money figures!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Kenturkey048(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:
How d f do you compare a continent to a country
AMERICA IS A CONTINENT ...UNITED STATE IS A COUNTRY.....UNITED STATE OF THE CONTINENT CALLED AMERICA....SO HE IS COMPARING AFRICA AS A CONTINENT TO AMERICA AS A CONTINENT TOO..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nosa Rex And His Friends In Car Accident / Styl-Plus Signs A Deal With Eskimo Records / Kupe Boys Rock Matching Outfits, Share Adorable Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.