Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36038 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jidibia(m): 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
It is simple. Come back to Africa grin
U dey mind am. Why him run. Had it been na Africa him be ex convict, who for know am. Shebi prison warder for don kill am for prison since. Nonsense talk. When the negative sides of Africa pass the positive sides what do you expect?

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Saintp(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
U re absolutely correct bro

I know a couple of guys who were doing relatively fine in Nigeria. The left in search of greener pasture

Almost all of them are regretting it.

One of them warned me not to contemplate leaving Nigeria
Dude relocated to Canada with his family
A guy sharing flat with them started fuuucking his wife.

Dude can't dare do much about it
He is stuck
If he files for divorce he loses everything
and the guy fuuuuucking his wife will no longer be hiding to do it

All you niggas care about in this life is just ya own pockets, money,money and money. Do you guys ever care about your environment? Do you niggas ever care about your infrastructure? Do you guys ever care about the disable, the poor etc? Do you guys ever care about your institutions?No wonder politicians will not do anything while in office but will bring out billions to share during elections because they know that is where the interest of the people is.

For Africa to move forward, we must first understand that the strength and attractiveness of a country lies on it general wealth (environment, institutions, infrastructures etc) and not on individual wealth of people earning 500k a month.

If assassins invade ya house and you have 5 mins to get help and survive, a poor man in America will simply dial 911 and get the police to rescue him while a rich man in Nigeria will die with his 500k salary.
If you have the money to access world class hospitals in time of emergency, it will take 6 hours to get to a hospital in Europe while it will take 10 mins for a poor man in Europe to access the same hospital the rich Nigerian man is running to for the same issue.

What I am saying is that money is not the all and all, a lot of things are higher up in the ladder for some people than just money in the bank which could be useless in a shithole.

10 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Are you sincerely opining that unless one is a billionaire or related to one, he can't be comfortable in Nigeria?

All these ur 'no lite, no this and no that' can be fixed with very few millions.

I repeat again, I'm very comfortable in Nigeria
for u to be comfortable in nigeria u have to have ur own water supply,ur own security,ur own light. for u to install ur own water pump in ur compound will cost money and for yu to purchase a very good generator like a lister generator will also cost money and for u to have ur own security u will also pay money for vigilante since nigerian police force is non existent .in nigeria ppl are dying of common headache and typoid.so for u to live a good quality of life in nigeria like even an ordinary gas attendant in USA u will have to have money like otedola for u to to live dat life.imagine a waiter in a cafe in america drives a camry and its viewed as normal but when a bank manager in nigeria manages to buy a 1992 model camry he wont let us hear word again.abeg in america their quality of life is far above our own.

4 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

See you...you spoke about people enslaving their lives to get 3k monthly but at the same time,you want to overlook how people get 500k monthly in nigeria..you are either a gman..in oil or in govt to make such monthly or a kidnapper...if i was into any of such here,i would be speaking in millions not in thousands

You speak of quality of life,does your enviroment come into play as well for if that comes into play..how do you explain to me that constabt noise from a genrator is much more pleasing than peace and constant power supply..how do you explain to me that messed up roads that will cripple ny multi million naira car when i can drive it on roads that are better
How do you explain to me that living in fear of SARS is better than an accountable policing system
How do you explain to me the corrupt level of African leadership
My basis is on an honest income not on income fueled by criminality. But if i am wrong,prove me otherwise
Bros, I repeat for the umpteenth time, this thread isn't about job specifics

Mind you I'm not a gman
Yahoo yahoo is contrary to everything I stand for
I hate it with a passion

Bro, you ve mentioned virtually every branch of occupation, but u failed to talk about genuine biznes.
People are raking millions from biznes particularly in Lagos where am based.

I plan on quitting my job soon and entering biz full time. But I pray for Gods guidance as I consider that.

Let me give you an instance I know of

Last year, I stood as guarantor in a loan of 2million to someone who worked in a government org.
Dude went into agriculture and he made 10mill
Dude paid off his loan on a single instalment
He resigned from his job and has gone into full time agriculture
Now let's do the maths

10,000,000/12= that's over 800k monthly

And you want that guy to go to USA to start sweeping streets
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

Was in nigeria 7 yrs ago and my head still dey ring from gen noise but jokes aside
It hurts to still see Nigeria the way it is..regardless of whereever you live,you shoukd feel that way unless you dont care about the country which i deeply do but it hurts to see that we never learn
We keep recycling leaders who do nothing for us and expect things to change
grin
milehigh06:

Was in nigeria 7 yrs ago and my head still dey ring from gen noise but jokes aside
It hurts to still see Nigeria the way it is..regardless of whereever you live,you shoukd feel that way unless you dont care about the country which i deeply do but it hurts to see that we never learn
We keep recycling leaders who do nothing for us and expect things to change
and the generators are still making noises up till today.come back to naija and u go see say i better pass my neighbour generator na im full everywia.the rich class in naija are making use of the noiseless generator called lister generator.generator will forever be a parmanent feature in nigeria.noise pillution everywia plus the smelly rubbish from gutters .naija na really a sh!thole.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
for u to be comfortable in nigeria u have to have ur own water supply,ur own security,ur own light. for u to install ur own water pump in ur compound will cost money and for yu to purchase a very good generator like a lister generator will also cost money and for u to have ur own security u will also pay money for vigilante since nigerian police force is non existent .in nigeria ppl are dying of common headache and typoid.so for u to live a good quality of life in nigeria like even an ordinary gas attendant in USA u will have to have money like otedola for u to to live dat life.imagine a waiter in a cafe in america drives a camry and its viewed as normal but when a bank manager in nigeria manages to buy a 1992 model camry he wont let us hear word again.abeg in america their quality of life is far above our own.
What re you talking about

My sisters husband doesn't use NEPA light, has his own domestically installed borehole, yet he's just an ordinary millionaire who probably doesn't have more than 20 million in his account

He installed a solar power system which in total didn't cost more than 3million.
This solar system powers his air conditional and his borehole

The only he doesn't have is personal security.
I stayed with them for 4months when I moves to lag in 2017 and till date no incident or any form of attack on them
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by gazza07(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is and can never be better than america

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
Joke of the year. Minimum wage in U.S is about $8/hr, thats like N3000/hr back here in obodo naija.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Afonja007: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media
tell me any of the poorest state in america that you will use to compare with any state in nigeria,did america stop nigeria from having 24/7 eletric or did they stop nigeria from maintaining thier roads or giving it citizens water ?talking about school and gang shooting in america there is notting american goverment can do about it unless they put stop to individual owing of weapon,in nigeria my country no one is allowed to own any gun but to travel on nigerian roads today is more deadly than going through sahara dersert, from kaduna to abuja with private car is like one commiting sucide,Akon should come back and stay in nigeria
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Saintp:

All you niggas care about in this life is just ya own pockets, money,money and money. Do you guys ever care about your environment? Do you niggas ever care about your infrastructure? Do you guys ever care about the disable, the poor etc? Do you guys ever care about your institutions?No wonder politicians will not do anything while in office but will bring out billions to share during elections because they know that is where the interest of the people is.

For Africa to move forward, we must first understand that the strength and attractiveness of a country lies on it general wealth (environment, institutions, infrastructures etc) and not on individual wealth of people earning 500k a month.

If assassins invade ya house and you have 5 mins to get help and survive, a poor man in America will simply dial 911 and get the police to rescue him while a rich man in Nigeria will die with his 500k salary.
If you have the money to access world class hospitals in time of emergency, it will take 6 hours to get to a hospital in Europe while it will take 10 mins for a poor man in Europe to access the same hospital the rich Nigerian man is running to for the same issue.

What I am saying is that money is not the all and all, a lot of things are higher up in the ladder for some people than just money in the bank which could be useless in a shithole.
Bro, in Europe and USA health care isn't cheap, and if you don't have insurance you re dead.

USA still got homeless citizens too

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, I repeat for the umpteenth time, this thread isn't about job specifics

Mind you I'm not a gman
Yahoo yahoo is contrary to everything I stand for
I hate it with a passion

Bro, you ve mentioned virtually every branch of occupation, but u failed to talk about genuine biznes.
People are raking millions from biznes particularly in Lagos where am based.

I plan on quitting my job soon and entering biz full time. But I pray for Gods guidance as I consider that.

Let me give you an instance I know of

Last year, I stood as guarantor in a loan of 2million to someone who worked in a government org.
Dude went into agriculture and he made 10mill
Dude paid off his loan on a single instalment
He resigned from his job and has gone into full time agriculture
Now let's do the maths

10,000,000/12= that's over 800k monthly

And you want that guy to go to USA to start sweeping streets

Really glad you hate gmen with a passion for sane can be said here
Also..not everyone sweep streets and ps sweeping streeys wont get you jack..simple as that..i will drive a truck making about 4k monthly rather than sweep streets to make peanuts
Now you just spoke of someone going into agriculuture in nigeria..i actually have a friend who owns a farm in ogun state and doing good while my bro has a farm as well in lagos(mini farm)... And i am actually thinking of doing same but how many nigerians have that option and how many have a 2nd option to fall on...how many people have the choice of knowing someone to stand in for them..
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

My sisters husband doesn't use NEPA light, has his own domestically installed borehole, yet he's just an ordinary millionaire who probably doesn't have more than 20 million in his account

He installed a solar power system which in total didn't cost more than 3million.

I stayed with them for 4months when I moves to lag in 2017 and till date no incident or any form of attack on them
ur sister's husband can aquire all that cos he is rich but then how many ordinary nigerians can afford to aquire such.abi u no know say d ordinary clerk working in a govt establishment or the lady hustling in d market for like such a life.a common gas attendant in the US can get 24 Hrs power and good water supply plus his own ride plus good food but another gas attendant living in nigeria will be drinking red mud water from well plus he will be flying bikes and eating stale food tainted by big fat green flies from food vendors hawking from wheelbarrows.thats d quality of life for most nigerians srry to say.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

He had to go out of his way to make it happen...he is worth mere 20 mil but how many nigerians are worth a mere 2 mil

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Amanda4life: 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa where u can do a lot of things and go free. The rich become s richer . the poor poorer.
Where education is for some people , where u treat women as second class citizen.
Where u murder and there won't be trace.
Akon. Or okon u do well , but there is God

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by RealityShot: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, lots of people I know make alot more than 500k monthly. 500k monthly is considered peanut among people I know.

500k monthly is no big deal bro
tthen you know only politicians or multinational company workers.

btw, where do you see such jobs advertised to the public?

they are not a yardstick for rating or talking about Nigerian employment status. They are "1% of the 1% at the top"
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Glycosunde: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is d worst continent to live in. Akon dat is in America is talking nonsense. Can he name one thing that Africa is good at other than the negative things and here you are saying d media is portraying us in bad light. If u dont steal, nobody can portray has a criminal. In other words, we are being portrayed in bad light bcus we are bad .

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Hades2016(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
JjBankys:
Simple Come back to African. Nonsense undecided
lol he can’t try it na... Na mouth Africa take better pass America grin
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by jaxxy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akon u lie! Africa has not evolved and we are yet to understand the complex bt simple art of solving our problems the right way and becoming a Greaer people.

Africa thinks Greatness and development is dashed like an inheritance we don’t understand the value of work and best practice in everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by planetx: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mbitiouz69:
He is a black American, buh he decided to come back to his roots , in Senegal, he currently lives in Senegal
He is not a black American, I think he migrated to the US as a child from Senegal.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Saintp:

You're not unintelligent. This is apt.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

He had to go out of his way to make it happen...he is worth mere 20 mil but how many nigerians are worth a mere 2 mil
I will do more for persona comfort with less in my acct

in fact I'm seriously working on installing similar solar system although not that same capacity of 3mil

Only tin stopping me is, someone advised me not to install while in a rented apartment
But another friend of mine who has it even though he is still a tenant
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Chubhie:
Africa is the best place to be.
But not Nigeria
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
ur sister's husband can aquire all that cos he is rich but then how many ordinary nigerians can afford to aquire such.abi u no know say d ordinary clerk working in a govt establishment or the lady hustling in d market for like such a life.a common gas attendant in the US can get 24 Hrs power and good water supply plus his own ride plus good food but another gas attendant living in nigeria will be drinking red mud water from well plus he will be flying bikes and eating stale food tainted by big fat green flies from food vendors hawking from wheelbarrows.thats d quality of life for most nigerians srry to say.
The only reason I mentioned my sister's is cos u said only otedola can live comfortably, which is not true
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by koning: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Been telling Nigerians that America isn't that paradise we ignorantly think it is.
America has higher crime rate than Nigeria

America has 1000s unresolved murder cases

I prefer a Nigeria where I earn 500k monthly to an America where I may earn 3 to 4k monthly pay.

The bolded is the 'koko'. Anybody earning a comfortable income in Nigeria will be very st.oopid to swap Naija for Yankee.

Na Aguu(hunger) drive all of us go western world. I don't care if you have a tripple Phd in Nuclear physics. Nigeria and Africa is the best place to be if you are financially okay.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Sanctecosma(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
EmagNig:
Senegalese-American Entertainer, Akon has shared an interesting perspective on why Africa is better than America.
According to the music mogul, it is the media that is portraying Africa in the negative light:

‘the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

He further stated in the video that Africans need to start telling their positive stories to their children and stop the spread of negative news about the continent, as the media are always quick to pick this up and spread further to the rest of the civilized world.

See Video Here:

https://lailasnews.com/africa-is-better-than-america-akon/

That is one of the "dangers of a single story." The media has always told one story (in the negative light about Africa). And those who do not have a balanced view of both ends readily believe them.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by blindjustice13(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
Why do they keep saying Africa instead of the various countries In Africa? Imagine comparing A continent and a Country and you wonder why most Americans and Europeans are ignorant to the fact that Africa is a continent and not a country or a small village.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Cameroonglass(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
this Guy e brain d do touching
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Suigeneristemmy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is a home of good people....we are the reformed giants...the era of uncivilized acceptance from the white views have gone....it is really absolutely mind blowing seeing from the positive side of our land...whites aren't better than us...they were only oppoturned because their lands were the bedrock of men of faith...it was a blessed land right from onset...this gave them the opportunity to see light before us...but right now....the opportunity has been made available to all...that is why we go to their countries and be the leader nearly almost sectors there...is it in music...blacks are the one rising most...is it medical administration...blacks are making the most...is it in scientific discoveries ....blacks are making the best right now...we both have the same brain....it is just that we were not channel to the right path from the onset...but the reality now is that....we are moving forward too...people kept on complaining about Nigeria zig-zagness ...yeah...shortcomings are really bringing us back here...which is majorly from our leaders...changes come first from the top not the beneath....let our leaders showcase sincerity to the laws and society and let the greater exploits from the citizens show forth....when leaders are not reinforcing their followers...there is always a problem...it is only those that can see farther that can still bringforth a little change....we need a solidified change...God bless Nigeria.....
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
Bull sh1t.

Is this charcoal peadophile/polygamist not from Senegal?

Why didn't he remain there and become a local champion instead of the AKON that we know thanks to america?

Mcheew.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by KingWarri: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
pickatyou:
In corruption and under development, yes.

If to say u no been dey Gods own country you for just be one motor park tout.

And if you say the media is portraying bad image, what of we that live in it. If given an opportunity I will portray Africa using Nigeria (the capital shithole of Africa ) as a case study in bad light , cos I have seen the bad, bad and the ugly in this god forsaken land of ours.
One Mumu spotted...
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by KingWarri: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Suigeneristemmy:
Africa is a home of good people....we are the reformed giants...the era of uncivilized acceptance from the white views have gone....it is really absolutely mind blowing seeing from the positive side of our land...whites aren't better than us...they were only oppoturned because their lands were the bedrock of men of faith...it was a blessed land right from onset...this gave them the opportunity to see light before us...but right now....the opportunity has been made available to all...that is why we go to their countries and be the leader nearly almost sectors there...is it in music...blacks are the one rising most...is it medical administration...blacks are making the most...is it in scientific discoveries ....blacks are making the best right now...we both have the same brain....it is just that we were not channel to the right path from the onset...but the reality now is that....we are moving forward too...people kept on complaining about Nigeria zig-zagness ...yeah...shortcomings are really bringing us back here...which is majorly from our leaders...changes come first from the top not the beneath....let our leaders showcase sincerity to the laws and society and let the greater exploits from the citizens show forth....when leaders are not reinforcing their followers...there is always a problem...it is only those that can see farther that can still bringforth a little change....we need a solidified change...God bless Nigeria.....
dis kind people niam we need for this continent no be those blind negative minded mumu
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by 11doubledee: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmm................... Interesting
Just wondering if you'd be this good looking if had stayed back in Senegal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“I Might Hurt Some Feelings With This One!” – Wizkid Talks About His New Album / Wizkid's Beach Party In Ghana: Phyno, Wande Coal, Others Attend (Video) / "I Prefer Money To Good Sex" – Amanda Ebeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.