Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (47319 Views)

Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Micology19(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Mrkumareze:
Leave them alone oh. First son and mothers seems to have spiritual oath .. there's nothing you can do to separate the two... ask others if you doubt the inseparable relationship existing btw mom n their 1st son

True talk..I can testify that..the bond between them is like buhari and corruption grin

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by RexTramadol1: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Each person wit him own

You com dey cast ur brother

You no dey read bro code?
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Family ish should stay on a low low.
Now he has nada doing, and you want your momma to stay watching his son gradually die outta depression? Nothin' beats momma's love for her kids, just don't interfere until your brother gets on his feet.
A mother's wealth is for her kids and her happiness is to make sure all her children stands.
Your momma is ready to lay down her life for your brother. Do you know that feeling that she's gonna be a grandma soon?
Stay clear and hustle for your life, so you don't see yourself wallowing in such pitiable condition.

2 Likes

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by cindybaby22(f): 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Rexology:
Schools should start teaching students how to use 'social' media. Your family and relationship should never be a social media content. Especially your FAMILY.
True
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by psalmylee(m): 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
chiommy123:
That's the attitude of only sons. Your mum eyes go soon clear when she looks back and can't see anything she has done for herself and her other children. Her friends maybe the ones encouraging her to do that. Funny enough this type don't even care when their parents are in need even if its not financial very selfish human beings
you have spoken well broad..its happening in my family ryt now
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by patrickgeddes: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
If you people disown him..his brain will return to factory settings.
Brainless brother.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
Op this kind of case is simple, some people actually needs someone to tell them the truth. But mind you the only way of saying such truth is by Manning up to him.. After all the garagara, he will sit and reason the hard truth u told him in the process, mind you mum and others might be angry with u. But with time everybody go the alright.

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by BillgatesMaigad(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
This kind of mum is worth dying for

But this your brother sef dey fuc.k up o!

Make him let the old woman enjoy her salary nah. Na waoh
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Mindlesskid: 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Op is indirectly begging for money help. Nairalanders let's contribute and help a frustrated soul

Must you spit rubbish from your soak away, if you don't have any meaningful advice to give just keep quiet. Mtcheeew...

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by psalmylee(m): 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
are u from the south east or south guy?? cos only those region values the first son more than their other children.. I am a victim of this also.

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by StarUp: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beface:
Wetin be the hard truth for this one way you just talk now. Mama way they help pikin dey under spell,hmmm!!!!! The guy need prayer,yes I agreed but abeg leave mummy out of this.

What do you know... A parent can be under a spell to use the child to drain him/her of hard earned money at old age...
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by starbn(m): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
let's talk on whatsap.you need some mentorship and guide up.okkk. but be very careful how you make your family matter a social midea discussion.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Investmentfreak: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
Tell your mum to become jobless and start begging him for money

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by starbn(m): 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
let's talk on whatsap.you need some mentorship and guide up.okkk. but be very careful how you make your family matter a social midea discussion.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Cheredeux(m): 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
My married jobless, or my jobless married elder brother. I think the later should go.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by lonelydora: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
Aplaudez:

Mum doesn't want to hear anything!
she kept saying she cannot abandon him being the first born!

Then leave her to continue spoon-feeding her grown up son
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by iTearHerToto: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
lilianofentse:
always saying stupid things.
See my baby.. Where have you been?? It's been yearsangry
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by MissRaine69(f): 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
Aplaudez:
I'll be as brief as possible, please pardon my errors!

It happened that my brother get married after impregnating this girl, and six months after the wedding the two parent of the girl died, so it's been my mum taking care of everything and we're fatherless too, the wife is a teacher in secondary school, but my bro Is managing In one hotel.

Each time he get paid he'll always lie to mum that they've not pay them, he always appear pitiful, always telling you about the weakness of his family, I'm just in my mid twenties with my National diploma awaiting to further my education by June, it's affecting the house, mum don't have time for we other siblings again, any money gotten is given to my brother and his wife, yet he'll come back and appear pitiful again!

Dear friends, please what can I do, it's affecting my mum, she doesn't ware better cloth yet she's a federal worker!

please help a friend!
You mother knows your brother is lying he knows what to say and when to say it.
He guilt trips your mother because he is manipulative. Your mother is trying to keep two families together. Your family and your brother’s family because she knows the type of man he is.
Have a family meeting so that there is no “ he said, she said” sort of scenario. You all need to explain to her that this is the thing that tears families apart. Children grow into adults who do not talk to each other. Cracks have started to appear and each day they grow wider.

You care for your family this is why it bothers you. Mediation is not a quintessential African family trait but is there an aunt/uncle who is respected by your brother and mother? You will need a “referee” at this meeting as there will be a lot of emotion and where there is emotions a lot of things will be said. Some of the things will be hurtful and some will feel attacked and therefore will be defensive.

If this is a challenge to you, just as you have written here write to your mother and say how worried you are about her. You love your mum and she is being taken advantage off. Tell her
Regret is a horrible thing to live with. You have only one mother.

5 Likes

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Guyman02: 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
Aplaudez:

It's a natural thing, she can't abandon him being her first son there is a serious bond, I am a first son and I know our position in mamas heart, ask your brother what he intends doing, if he can start a trade and how he can raise the funds, don't interfere in their matter too much or you will become the problem child.

Since the wife is a teacher encourage her to assist her husband financially

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Eze2000(m): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
HajimeSaito:
Do you have any family elders or do you know any responsible Pastor? It sounds as if the opinion of a neutral and unbiased outsider is what you need.

OP I have gone through this trend and seen all the answers to you. I'm a frist son too, though i lost my parents too early in life i have other relatives and trust me, the position of a first son carries weight you cannot begin to understand.l

Don't confront your elder brother, as some tell you as that could lead to big trouble if he sees it as disrespect (I don't tolerate that shit and I have 4 fully grown brothers one of whom is a top official in a big organization in Lagos and another is finishing his Ph.D. in London). Take this adive I have quoted above.

Cutting off your bother is not an opinion though. No mother will sit back and watch her first son suffer. Among many things, traditonally, he is her protector in her husband's home not the other sons. He should find a job and be a man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by san316(m): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
I think op is insensitive. Your elder bro cannot be deliberately sucking ur mom dry without any reason. His complaint might b genuine. Hotels don't pay on time and it's really difficult raising a family especially when there is a baby.

My advice: pray for ur bro. Discuss with him and see how he can find a solution to his unemployment. If he refuses to get a job after seeing one, then u can conclude.

Second advice: go and hustle, stop monitoring how ur mom is spending her money.

5 Likes

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Vested(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

My exact thoughts, na small pikin dey worry op. cry

Serious one.
I just Taya...
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by HardEvidence: 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
Assuming your brother was residing in a top-tier country (US, UK, Canada or Australia), the thread below that teaches how to earn legit money online would have been very helpful for him. People living outside the top-tier countries mentioned in that thread may be able to still earn some money online, but the opportunities would be far less. This is why I always recommend this as a very good side hustle for those currently residing in the U.S., UK, Canada or Australia, or that will be travelling to any one of these countries very soon for the sake of furthering their studies.

Simply visit the thread below, watch the instructional video, download the free eBook and start earning money online today.

Here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5129433/how-earn-money-online-passively

P.S: The free eBook offer is for a limited-time period only, so hurry and download a copy while it is still free.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Benekruku(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
Use him for money rituals
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Gabson001(m): 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
How this one take bizness us nw?
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Kirinwa: 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2019
KingSatan:
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

FUNNY CAPTION!

SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY CAME IN HERE THINKING ITS A CASE OF INCEST. LIKE HIS ELDER BROTHER IS HAVING SEX WITH THEIR MUM.

DON'T LIE.

You seem to becoming senseless by the day.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by edebemba(m): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
MiaB:
By the way your headline states he's jobless but your post states otherwise
OP is not being truthful. At first he tagged his brother " jobless" and latter claimed that he is " managing a job in a hotel". What a contradictory statement!
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by SexynSerious(f): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
just check out his moniker. by their monikers you shall know them.

anyway, that's by the way. so beautiful thing, how are you doing yourself?

IdreamOfUnicorn:
you're the only pervert that thought that
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by yesloaded: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Naanlong01:
Its time for you to look for means of making ''your own money'', mid twenties? If possible pend your furtherance to higher institution to achieve this especially if your mum is your only hope of sponsorship 100% . What ever happened to independency, or were you not brought up to learn to survive on your own as a man?
It will do him go if he could make use of this advice.

I learnt how to generate income for myself when I were just 16yrs, dad & mum very alive then taking good care of all my financial needs but I choose to be useful to myself.

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by LyfeJennings(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Aplaudez:

!!!!!
ku Oro omo.
Guy, no vex
Your mum is a Superwoman. May she never rfind a reason to cry.
God go lift your pocket self and that of your family members
U can't blame your mum neither can U blame ur brother. It's no one's wish to beg, U know. It takes a lot of courage for a man, a married one at that to beg from his immediate family. Try and sit your brother down. Discuss where and how U can help him if U can. I know U irritated but joooor, ma binu. Na beg I beg U. May U never be in such terrible situation. Aye le o. Life is fuvvvvcking hard. May God be with U

5 Likes

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Avedonn: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Mrkumareze:
Leave them alone oh. First son and mothers seems to have spiritual oath .. there's nothing you can do to separate the two... ask others if you doubt the inseparable relationship existing btw mom n their 1st son

So true..
I can relate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? / Baby Grabs Doctor's Finger From Womb!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.