Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (47322 Views)

Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by cooltola(m): 5:37am On Apr 24, 2019
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by cooltola(m): 5:46am On Apr 24, 2019
Eze2000:

I make perfect sense but you just don't understand. You see, the law that splits a man's property equally among his kids is fairly new and completely alien to many indigenous tribes in Nigeria. Even till this day igbos and many southern tribes do not recognize such a law. The first son gets it all, always.

When a man dies, everything he is traditionally entitled to passes on to his first son intact. As I am now, I own a big mansion in my village, two cars incuding a 4 runner jeep and plots of land I've not even checked out yet. All inherited without challenge. My only sister, nothing! My 4 younger brother? Well, I have to share my fathers two houses here in Lagos with them, that's the law in the courts but i was wise enough to avoid troble by declaring the house a free zone for them and their families. Basically, they stay contented with a room in their father's house while i stay king of the whole thing.

In all this talk did you hear me mention my father's second wife who is still alive? Nah

In tradition, when a woman is married into a home she will forever remain a stranger in many eyes. Ask Biance Ojukwu if you don't understand. The woman will never get anything or be listened to. It is her first son that is her strength. He is her son, yet her second husband and protector. She is responsible to the people for him and will know no peace if something bad happens to him. When his father is not around, the people will listen to his voice only. This is my position now.

Get married, lady. Have kids. You will learn that the old ways are far from dead and you will learn very quickly.

Again.

please it's not all mothers/fathers that show preference, it's very wrong, stop this first son talk especially as you're elderly, your other kids will know and might likely abandon you for your first son.

You have a point here. But let me tell you some something. Most Igbo and southern families start poor. Do you know how they make it? All the money that family makes is used to train just one person.... the first son! Some end up studdying overseas and then come back to train their younger ones.

Whenever you see a well educated first son and badly educated siblings that is what happened.

Interestingly, there is always love when that first son is wise.

This is life and it is not always nice.

My bro time has changed sha. The culture is changing, what if the younger siblings are not happy with the tradition. Well like you said, life is unfair
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by 420active: 5:55am On Apr 24, 2019
cry my eldest brother also milked my mum till she died. That's plus the fact that he is abroad ooo. When the woman died he still didn't have shishi to donate for burial... E come dey write big grammar to show how much he missed the woman. God bless doc my other brother and 4 q jido u are a cunt.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by engrkaz(m): 6:47am On Apr 24, 2019
Use him for MR.... Ogu ego!!!
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2019
I wonder why someone will have the guts to get married or even impregnate a lady without a stable source of income
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Mizwisdom(f): 6:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Eze2000:

I've not even reached my 40th birthday Lol.

A lot of tribes do share the possessions of a man to all his children (I think the Hausa tribe does cos I saw it happen to a friend when I was younger) and then there the issue of a will. I'm betting one of either cases got you that inheritance from your grandparents, by passing your parents. It doesn't work that way in Igboland.

I'm single, never married, currently searching for a working-class lady like you to marry and I certainly have no plans to favor my first son over other kids 100%. I understand mordern ways a lot better than you think if not how will i be selling books on amazon as an author? Oh, by the way that is why I gave so much details about me on a public forum. Most of it is part of my Biography as an author and i know someday someone will want to find out even more.

You seem to have a cool head on your shoulders, something that's so scarce now, which why i am still single (may God help with with a wife this year... Amen). Anyway, no matter how hard you work or how much you save up. If you live a long life it will never do. You will need you kids, and you find out that you first son can be a special belessing to you. He will take care of you by instincet while your other kids will make away with all they can get from you. This is most families usually play out. The first child always takes responsibility by instinct. (this is life, there will always be exceptions to any case, mind you)

I think you just like stroking your ego, that's what this first son thing is for you, a way to validate your importance in your mind as well as others. Well, it's unfortunate that there seems to be a complex in you that requires this validation. As for first son taking care of parents automatically that's false, sometimes he can die, some times he can be irresponsible as in this case, sometimes he may be more focused on his own immediate family which is his responsibility as well, sometimes he may not be doing as well as others financially especially in homes where all are educated This is why the idea of focusing on just one child is primitive and stupid.

You don't need to assume anything because I'm not from your tribe and by God's grace I'll never be neither will my kids, good luck on your search grin

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Isoduwa(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2019
Dull boi

Why not thief he wife pants � and make money with it � anytime he come for money you Will now be the one giving him
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by boroskyuyo: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2019
Hanty, leave them alone
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Dshocker(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2019
Khemhyte:
Hmmm, is he the First born/son?

Why are you asking cross question...Didn't you read before commenting?
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Khemhyte(f): 9:23am On Apr 24, 2019
Dshocker:

Why are you asking cross question...Didn't you read before commenting?
And when did "elder brother" means "first born/son"? The question was not directed to you. Learn how to comment!
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Eze2000(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I think you just like stroking your ego, that's what this first son thing is for you, a way to validate your importance in your mind as well as others. Well, it's unfortunate that there seems to be a complex in you that requires this validation. As for first son taking care of parents automatically that's false, sometimes he can die, some times he can be irresponsible as in this case, sometimes he may be more focused on his own immediate family which is his responsibility as well, sometimes he may not be doing as well as others financially especially in homes where all are educated This is why the idea of focusing on just one child is primitive and stupid.

You don't need to assume anything because I'm not from your tribe and by God's grace I'll never be neither will my kids, good luck on your search grin

If you read very well, you'll notice that I added the following to my statement.... (this is life, there will always be exceptions to any case, mind you)... What that means was there might be exceptions to my statement, this being life which has no constant. I guees you did not see that at all.

You see, you go to concerts and parties to watch the performers, I go to watch audience! It's what i do mostly here on niairland. I study psychological make up of people just like you watch films with pleasure. Its part of what i do for a living and a hubby. If i tell you that i have not watched a full movie this year aside from WWE and Dog Dynasy you will not believe me.

Let me tell you 3 other things you will not believe.

1. 99% of the people that love you so much will most likely turn out to be your worst enemies.

2. A violent husband always shows signs of what he will be during courtship -- The man who give you an ordinary slap as a girlfriend, in 9 out of 10 cases, always upgrade with time.

3. Of all your children, the two that will most likely love you without condition is the first and the last one *(Until the day you catch them at it, you will never know they will kill for you).

4. Of all your children the two that will start taking responsibility automatically, right from childhood, is the first daughter and the first son.

This information i have given you above is the backbone on which i stand to write superb novels that appear all too real in life. I'm an author and all my books drive people nuts emotionally. Don't take my word for it. see for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2941054/ruthless-betrayals-story-love-betrayals

I've been a best seller for 5 years.

This is why the idea of focusing on just one child is primitive and stupid.

Forget my tribe. You need to tell the op this, that's his mother is doing right there and she is not alone. I advised him to call in elders to talk to her against it rather than confront his elder brother, what is your advice to me again?

The only things you got right is that I have a complex in me and the stroking my ago part cool. You just sound like my sister. But then I use such illustrations often to teach people and it always works when they can relate directly. Always it gives a good feeling and i do it again and again.

Any more complaints?

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Eze2000(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2019
cooltola:

My bro time has changed sha. The culture is changing, what if the younger siblings are not happy with the tradition. When like you said, life is unfair

Make them carry me go election tribunal ni. But you are correct, things are changing and many are surprising me. Never knew things like that OSU stigma could be worked around but it is actually happening in places today.

Not all traditions will go away though. Tradition and culture are what makes us different from the white man who is certainly not adapting our own traditions as much as we are his.

On a serious note. My siblings are not pushovers, my father trained us so. They are all leaders in their fields. If they are dissatisfied, they will make that known to me clearly in a polite but firm manner particularly my immediate younger one, a Ph.D. holder. The thing is, a real man does not boast with that which belongs to another man even if it was an inheritance, he creates his own.

I live in Lagos but not in my father's house and I allow my stepmom to collect all the rent.

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2019
Aplaudez:
I'll be as brief as possible, please pardon my errors!

It happened that my brother get married after impregnating this girl, and six months after the wedding the two parent of the girl died, so it's been my mum taking care of everything and we're fatherless too, the wife is a teacher in secondary school, but my bro Is managing In one hotel.

Each time he get paid he'll always lie to mum that they've not pay them, he always appear pitiful, always telling you about the weakness of his family, I'm just in my mid twenties with my National diploma awaiting to further my education by June, it's affecting the house, mum don't have time for we other siblings again, any money gotten is given to my brother and his wife, yet he'll come back and appear pitiful again!

Dear friends, please what can I do, it's affecting my mum, she doesn't ware better cloth yet she's a federal worker!

please help a friend!
The earlier your mum makes him to be responsible the better for her. A man that is sensible enough to impregnate a woman, should reasonable to stand as a man. Your mum is the problem here.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by MrFly(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
StarUp:
Op, you want to hear the bitter truth? It's either your mum or your elder brother or the both of them are under a heavy spell. If you are a Christian, advise them to go for deliverance in a specialized church or prayer mountain... After you finish the spiritual aspect, then advise your elder brother to go look for a better job.
specialized church or prayer mountain... Nigerians and gullibility..

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Emma1Oj(m): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
MiaB:
By the way your headline states he's jobless but your post states otherwise
well, You should know Nigerians mentality by now. If they are doing job outside their field or not earning an expected fat salary, they will term themselves jobless.
Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Mizwisdom(f): 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Eze2000:

If you read very well, you'll notice that I added the following to my statement.... (this is life, there will always be exceptions to any case, mind you)... What that means was there might be exceptions to my statement, this being life which has no constant. I guees you did not see that at all.

You see, you go to concerts and parties to watch the performers, I go to watch audience! It's what i do mostly here on niairland. I study psychological make up of people just like you watch films with pleasure. Its part of what i do for a living and a hubby. If i tell you that i have not watched a full movie this year aside from WWE and Dog Dynasy you will not believe me.

Let me tell you 3 other things you will not believe.

1. 99% of the people that love you so much will most likely turn out to be your worst enemies.

2. A violent husband always shows signs of what he will be during courtship -- The man who give you an ordinary slap as a girlfriend, in 9 out of 10 cases, always upgrade with time.

3. Of all your children, the two that will most likely love you without condition is the first and the last one *(Until the day you catch them at it, you will never know they will kill for you).

4. Of all your children the two that will start taking responsibility automatically, right from childhood, is the first daughter and the first son.

This information i have given you above is the backbone on which i stand to write superb novels that appear all too real in life. I'm an author and all my books drive people nuts emotionally. Don't take my word for it. see for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2941054/ruthless-betrayals-story-love-betrayals

I've been a best seller for 5 years.

This is why the idea of focusing on just one child is primitive and stupid.

Forget my tribe. You need to tell the op this, that's his mother is doing right there and she is not alone. I advised him to call in elders to talk to her against it rather than confront his elder brother, what is your advice to me again?

The only things you got right is that I have a complex in me and the stroking my ago part cool. You just sound like my sister. But then I use such illustrations often to teach people and it always works when they can relate directly. Always it gives a good feeling and i do it again and again.

Any more complaints?

You're turning this into another playground for your ego and I think it's wrong. Your theories about first and last loving most just makes me laugh, I don't think many mothers will fall into the numbers that will see any kid of theirs regardless of birth order suffering and will turn a blind eye or favor one above another. I don't have an example of that because my mum & grand mum will give an eye and arm to make any of their offsprings comfortable if they had to so I don't understand where you're coming from. I'm determined not to favor any of my kids above another, it's something I'll take very great care to avoid doing.

1 Like

Re: My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! by Eze2000(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're turning this into another playground for your ego and I think it's wrong. Your theories about first and last loving most just makes me laugh, I don't think many mothers will fall into the numbers that will see any kid of theirs regardless of birth order suffering and will turn a blind eye or favor one above another. I don't have an example of that because my mum & grand mum will give an eye and arm to make any of their offsprings comfortable if they had to so I don't understand where you're coming from. I'm determined not to favor any of my kids above another, it's something I'll take very great care to avoid doing.

Your theories about first and last loving most just makes me laugh
When Albert Einstein put forth the theories of Electricity many laughed just like you now. That's what people do when they don't believe or Understand some unusual facts of nature. If you think that God just gifts people children randomly without thought to time and position, think again.

You need to have a heart to heart talk with the mother of this pained gentleman, the OP, and leave me to my playground as you so cleverly put it. Don't fight me for what you women are doing all over the place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? / Baby Grabs Doctor's Finger From Womb!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.