Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo (21127 Views)

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by dukie25: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:
Obi of Onitsha started all this.
Is shameful Igbo and Edos are claiming Oduduwa cheaply. Who doesn't like good thing.cheesy? When did igbo started having rulers? Nor b yesterday? Hausas too are still claiming him too.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba leader and his direct son founded OWO (Ondo-State) , Ajashe(Benin Republic) etc while his great great great grandsons Oranmiyan founded Benin (Edo State)

The Oba of Benin 's official Palace language was Yoruba before it was banned in 1946. Oba and Olori are Yoruba title

I regret the outburst of d Ooni of ife.. He should not have said anything but again Obi of Onitsha started it all.
Who banned Yoruba as official language in the palace? Which Benin monarch?

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by OmoYorubaNiMio: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Great Peoples and Great Cultures have their myths about how their races started..
From the Vikings, to the Greeks, to the Egyptians and the Yorubas...
Only those without an understanding of history will scoff at mythology...
Only those without a history will scoff at those of others..
Let me remind some people, when we where conquering kingdoms and spreading across West Africa, they where still busy climbing trees...
In Yoruba language, Igi Imu jina so ri!!
Know your mates!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2019
fantasticone1:

Do you know what Odu mean in Yoruba. "Odu to bi iwa"
Yoruba language is different from Igbo.
Am telling where the word oduduwa come from,odu can mean anything in yoruba but oduduwa is drive from the word odudu nwa which means last born in igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by oforjide: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2019
Lies,oduduwa was the first son of igbo second concubine and was never a prince.google the offspring of igbo.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by jrusky(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
Who is the father of oduduwa,did oduduwa really fell down from sky.

Mean while it your oba that -is trying to do what yorubas a good in doing(rewriting history)just to claim Great Igbos and yoruba are related, then we will help you do that,

fact now is oduduwa which mean odudu nwa(last born) is the founder of yorubas,

oduduwa(last born) was wicked,envy and greed,he was last born but he want to take over all her father's properties, which in igbo land the first son owns the obi,while the last born owns the mother's nkpuke,but because of his greediness he want to claim everything,

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.

You are idiot Nnwanne so you are not longer from Uganda? Oh you are no longer Jew

You have no shame at all that only igbo tribe in nìgeria can't proof their origin and you are here typing thrash thinking its funny. You have no shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by colestephan86: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2019
ebusnwaoma:
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi who debunked claims made by Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has stated that Oduduwa who is the founding father of the Yoruba tribe was not an  Igbo  prince. Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi who told the Igbos to  research on the adventure of their own Odudunwa, described the claim as  false and misleading.

The Oluwo of Iwo who stated that Oduduwa was not an  Igbo  prince, said in a statement through his Chief Press Secretary; 

“The Yoruba nation was founded by Oduduwa. He brought the first civilisation, which is the crown. Oduduwa demontrated an unequalled leadership. He was shrewd, peculiar, unparalleled, unmatched, quintessential  and different. He  served his people and became a rallying point for his services to humanity. He gave us the best tradition, so respectful and obedient. The Yoruba culture is rich, very beautiful and unblemished. It emanated from Oduduwa. 

“History is rich, necessary and must always be objective,  because it is a foundation for the future. Worldwide, Yorubaland is the source of every natural crown. Our crowns are divinely ordained and sacred. It was brought by Oduduwa. And we owe him a duty  to defend everything about him” He further added that  the  fact that Oduduwa means last- born in the Igbo language, does not make anyone bearing a similar name  Igbo-born.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/25/oduduwa-was-not-igbo-prince-oluwo-of-iwo/

Omo yiibo and confusion. It is them that knows where every other tribe originated from but don't know where they are from.
Yiibo Emeka

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Shinjitsu: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2019
Ooni and the whole yourba nation are very mad and stupid..Let me teach them cause the are illiterate

The Nri Kingdom in the Awka area was founded in about 900 AD in North Central Igboland, and is the oldest Kingdom in Nigeria. The Nsukka-Awka-Orlu axis is said to be the oldest area of Igbo settlement and therefore, homeland of the Igbo people. It was a center of spirituality, learning, and commerce. They were agents of peace and harmony whose influence stretched beyond Igboland. The Nri people's influence in neighboring lands was especially in Southern Igalaland and Benin kingdom in the 12th to 15th centuries

Historically the Yoruba have been the dominant group on the west bank of the Niger. Of mixed origin, they were the product of periodic waves of migrants.[1] The Yoruba were organized in patrilineal groups that occupied village communities and subsisted on agriculture. From about the 8th century adjacent village compounds, called Ilé, coalesced into numerous territorial city-states in which clan loyalties became subordinate to dynastic chieftains. The earliest known of these city states formed at Ilé-Ifẹ̀ and Ijebuland. Urbanization was accompanied by high levels of artistic achievement, particularly in terracotta and ivory sculpture and in the sophisticated metal casting produced at Ilé-Ifẹ̀. The Yoruba placated a luxuriant pantheon headed by an impersonal deity, Olorun, and included lesser deities who performed various tasks. Oduduwa was regarded as the creator of the earth and the ancestor of the Yoruba kings. According to myth, Oduduwa founded Ife and dispatched his sons to establish other cities, where they reigned as priest-kings. Ile Ife was the center of as many as 400 religious cults whose traditions were manipulated to political advantage by the Ooni of Ilé-Ifẹ̀ (king).

Your stupid ooni and foolish yourba nation should go and fix himself first before talking trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin grin
With brown roofs everywhere.

At least we don't know how your Jungle look like grin
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 10:39am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Everybody should just stop being myopic on this matter please. Of obi of onitsha said the real dwellers of ile ife were the igbos, he may be right . Because when our forefather odu to da iwa got to ile ife, he didn't meet goats, rams , monkeys and/or chimpanzees. He met human beings , likewise when his son got to Benin, he met people already doing their things. In the olden days, people wielded wars and conquered territories. It's possible oduduwa considered those he met in ile ife and displaced them. This is whote possible. I've researched about the igbos and some things we have in common. The way they pronounce some things has proved it all, which we also share in common.
we igbos dont share anything in common with Yorubas,
food,culture,dressing,way of thinking and so on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Lovelyn451(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
oduduwa means odudu nwa.
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2019
jrusky:

You are idiot Nnwanne so you are not longer from Uganda? Oh you are no longer Jew

You have no shame at all that only igbo tribe in nìgeria can't proof their origin and you are here typing thrash thinking its funny. You have no shame.
for the fact you dont know that oduduwa is a last born from an igbo man shows that you dont know your history.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2019
oforjide:
Lies,oduduwa was the first son of igbo second concubine and was never a prince.google the offspring of igbo.
you are wrong,
he is never a prince but he is last born not first,

keep the fact straight.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by idanre1234: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Everybody should just stop being myopic on this matter please. Of obi of onitsha said the real dwellers of ile ife were the igbos, he may be right . Because when our forefather odu to da iwa got to ile ife, he didn't meet goats, rams , monkeys and/or chimpanzees. He met human beings , likewise when his son got to Benin, he met people already doing their things. In the olden days, people wielded wars and conquered territories. It's possible oduduwa considered those he met in ile ife and displaced them. This is whote possible. I've researched about the igbos and some things we have in common. The way they pronounce some things has proved it all, which we also share in common.
do you take your time to write all this or you copy.i don’t understand your brain ooo

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by columbus007(m): 10:48am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:
Is shameful Igbo and Edos are claiming Oduduwa cheaply. Who doesn't like good thing.cheesy? When did igbo started having rulers? Nor b yesterday? Hausas too are still claiming him too.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba leader and his direct son founded OWO (Ondo-State) , Ajashe(Benin Republic) etc while his great great great grandsons Oranmiyan founded Benin (Edo State)

The Oba of Benin 's official Palace language was Yoruba before it was banned in 1946. Oba and Olori are Yoruba title

I regret the outburst of d Ooni of ife.. He should not have said anything but again Obi of Onitsha started it all.
now will this thrash about the binis claiming your smelling oduduwa put money in my account? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Ile Ife this, Ile Ife that. What's so special about that village?

Many many things. If only you know!

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by forgiveness: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
Am telling where the word oduduwa come from,odu can mean anything in yoruba but oduduwa is drive from the word odudu nwa which means last born in igbo.

Is oduduwa and odudu nwa the same?
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by SjMbula(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2019
I am not from either tribes but..... I am interested watching how snake gives birth to something that doesnt have tail

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:

You dey mind them. Those wey sabi history sabi say nah nonsense some of this obas dey yarn.

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2019
fantasticone1:

Oduduwa is from an Arabic country not Nigeria.
so you mean Oduduwa originally was an Arab man? why are yorubas not looking Arabian?
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by AngelicBeing: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2019
Fadomero:
who oduduwa help, so sick and tired of this country with dirty story
Hahaha, I just taya for all this bulshit stories, there is hunger and starvation daily in the land and they are talking about irrelevant things grin

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
Who is the father of oduduwa,did oduduwa really fell down from sky.

Mean while it your oba that -is trying to do what yorubas a good in doing(rewriting history)just to claim Great Igbos and yoruba are related, then we will help you do that,

fact now is oduduwa which mean odudu nwa(last born) is the founder of yorubas,

oduduwa(last born) was wicked,envy and greed,he was last born but he want to take over all her father's properties, which in igbo land the first son owns the obi,while the last born owns the mother's nkpuke,but because of his greediness he want to claim everything,

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.

I wish I could get you arrested for talking nonsense I swear. But I’m not a lawyer!

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Uyi168: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:

The part u said Oba of Benin official language used to be Yoruba, any proof of this?

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:
[b][/b]

I wish I could get you arrested for taking nonsense I swear. But I’m not a lawyer!
3 gbosa!!! for you
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:
[b][/b]

I wish I could get you arrested for talking nonsense I swear. But I’m not a lawyer!
what nonsense did i talk,we are here to discuss history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by adenigga(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2019
ebusnwaoma:
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi who debunked claims made by Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has stated that Oduduwa who is the founding father of the Yoruba tribe was not an  Igbo  prince. Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi who told the Igbos to  research on the adventure of their own Odudunwa, described the claim as  false and misleading.

The Oluwo of Iwo who stated that Oduduwa was not an  Igbo  prince, said in a statement through his Chief Press Secretary; 

“The Yoruba nation was founded by Oduduwa. He brought the first civilisation, which is the crown. Oduduwa demontrated an unequalled leadership. He was shrewd, peculiar, unparalleled, unmatched, quintessential  and different. He  served his people and became a rallying point for his services to humanity. He gave us the best tradition, so respectful and obedient. The Yoruba culture is rich, very beautiful and unblemished. It emanated from Oduduwa. 

“History is rich, necessary and must always be objective,  because it is a foundation for the future. Worldwide, Yorubaland is the source of every natural crown. Our crowns are divinely ordained and sacred. It was brought by Oduduwa. And we owe him a duty  to defend everything about him” He further added that  the  fact that Oduduwa means last- born in the Igbo language, does not make anyone bearing a similar name  Igbo-born.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/25/oduduwa-was-not-igbo-prince-oluwo-of-iwo/

Abeg, Oluwo, Yoruba had been in existence before the arrival of Oduduwa. Check your history well well. So, I don't believe in Oduduwa. If not for IFA Oracle dat prophesied dat is coming, how can a stranger be the founding father, I beg dey your lane!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by NkayStory(f): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2019
These Yoruba people should let Igbos be..

Like seriously,leave us the hell alone!

Sheesh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2019
BlackfireX:
Question where did oduduwa come from?

From the east side or northern side of Nigeria...?

Answer this question and you will find the truth.

Where he first descended to is ile-ife, I think the location and the spot and mark are still there till today, I can confirm for ya if your interested! What Oluwo said is right, Oduduwa. ... His name, phonetically written by Yoruba language-speakers as Odùduwà and sometimes contracted as Ooduwa, Odudua or Oòdua, is generally ascribed to the ancestral dynasties of Yorubaland because he is held by the Yoruba to have been the ancestor of their numerous crowned kings.

Some good infos are available on google!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by jrusky(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
for the fact you dont know that oduduwa is a last born from an igbo man shows that you dont know your history.

I still repeat it again that you have no shame. So now Yoruba are Igbo or Igbo are Yoruba and that sound freaky funny to you

As I said yesterday when a tribe could not write or proof their origin every tribe come claiming them as theirs and I'm sure soon the Sultan of Sokoto will claim igbo belong to them or Obi of Onitsha will claimed Fulani are Igbo last born too.

I could remember when Kanu started his madness and this same Obi tried to caution him people like you came here to insult the Obi even some of you claimed Anambra are fake igbo that they are migrants from Delta and Edo and Benue so they are not real igbo but now simply because one King from SW called Ooni who is suffering from mouth leaking problem came up with nonsense history and you are jumping up and now same Anambra is igbo that gave birth to Oduduwa or whatever you called it bah?

So igbo no longer the descendant of demential son of Jacob that lost his brain and decided to walked down South East of Nigeria to settled and refused to followed his kinsmen back to isreal from Egypt bah?

You better go and sit a s s somewhere this issue of igbo origin is a matter of seriousness and not a joke because it's a shame that we can't trace our root and prove it by ourselves than to be hearinng one America man said, one bloody jew said, Ooni said, El Rufai said, Tinubu said and the rest blabla.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2019
adenigga:

Abeg, Oluwo, Yoruba had been in existence before the arrival of Oduduwa. Check your history well well. So, I don't believe in Oduduwa. If not for IFA Oracle dat prophesied dat is coming, how can a stranger be the founding father, I beg dey your lane!!!!

You know nothing about Oodua!
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Ikem11(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2019
This thread sweet pass lol

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:

We have nothing in common with Igbo, every thing you wrote is pure fallacy

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
what nonsense did i talk,we are here to discuss history.

Okay so your very sure of what you said? You get liver to make a case? I’m gonna arrest you for posting Misleading information and you’ll proof yourself right! I’ll pay for both sides no worry but you’ll sure be dealth with if your wrong??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Ladoja Finally Affirms Lekan Balogun As Next Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.