Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo (21122 Views)

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 11:04am On Apr 25, 2019
jrusky:

I still repeat it again that you have no shame. So now Yoruba are Igbo or Igbo are Yoruba and that sound freaky funny to you

As I said yesterday when a tribe could not write or proof their origin every tribe come claiming them as theirs and I'm sure soon the Sultan of Sokoto will claim igbo belong to them or Obi of Onitsha will claimed Fulani are Igbo last born too.

I could remember when Kanu started his madness and this same Obi tried to caution him people like you came here to insult the Obi even some of you claimed Anambra are fake igbo that they are migrants from Delta and Edo and Benue so they are not real igbo but now simply because one King from SW called Ooni who is suffering from mouth leaking problem came up with nonsense history and you are jumping up and now same Anambra is igbo that gave birth to Oduduwa or whatever you called it bah?

So igbo no longer the descendant of demential son of Jacob that lost his brain and decided to walked down South East of Nigeria to settled and refused to followed his kinsmen back to isreal from Egypt bah?

You better go and sit a s s somewhere this issue of igbo origin is a matter of seriousness and not a joke because it's a shame that we can't trace our root and prove it by ourselves than to be hearinng one America man said, one bloody jew said, Ooni said, El Rufai said, Tinubu said and the rest blabla.

if i tell you i read all this your thrash just know am lying,

but from the few i read,you sound like a yoruba muslim,

very aggressive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by darealez(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
Who is the father of oduduwa,did oduduwa really fell down from sky.

Mean while it your oba that -is trying to do what yorubas a good in doing(rewriting history)just to claim Great Igbos and yoruba are related, then we will help you do that,

fact now is oduduwa which mean odudu nwa(last born) is the founder of yorubas,

oduduwa(last born) was wicked,envy and greed,he was last born but he want to take over all her father's properties, which in igbo land the first son owns the obi,while the last born owns the mother's nkpuke,but because of his greediness he want to claim everything,

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.

Lolz..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by class0247: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2019
The Oduduwa Controversy Resolved.
By Naiwu Osahon

A lot of dust was raised in the press in 2004 over the Oduduwa issue. The controversies on Oduduwa are finally put to rest in this write-up. All students of history must carefully preserve this historical record as a reference point. Oduduwa is Prince Ekaladerhan of Bini and he entered Yoruba life about 900 years ago and that is categorical and final. The Yoruba/Edo collaborative evidence follow. The first most telling revelation about Oduduwa�s ancestry is from Oduduwa himself. He, in his lifetime, reserved a special seat in his Ife palace for his ancestors. The seat remains reserved until this day for the Bini monarch only. No one else, not even the reigning Ooni, or Oronmiyan (Alaafin) in Oyo, or any of the Obalades of Yorubaland can sit on the seat. So, if Bini is not the wellspring of Ife, why is it that no member of the Alaafin, or Ife Ooni dynasties (or siblings), can use the seat?

Besides, the most sacred name for Ife is �Uhe� a (non-Yoruba), deep and strong Bini word, meaning virgin or vagina depending on how it is pronounced, and is interpreted in myth as �innocence,� �the birth canal,� or �the source of life.� Also, no major Ifa ritual or ceremony in Ife even now is considered authentic, blessed by or acceptable to the gods and ancestors, without the presence and involvement of relevant Bini traditional faith custodians. The dress culture of Ife chiefs and priests is from Bini court.

Professor Ade Ajayi�s comment that the Bini are trying to re-write history and that the motivation for this is political is ridiculous to say the least, unless professors are not supposed to have some responsibility for truth and scholarship. Ajayi�s comment influenced less-informed commentators who accused the Oba of Bini of possible political bias at the age of 80, in an interview published in The News of 28 June 2004. The age of the Bini monarch bellies the silly accusation. No Bini historian, including Omo N�oba Erediauwa has said that a rebel king migrated from Benin to father Oduduwa in Ile-Ife. The Yoruba historians peddling this falsehood should take time off to read this specially packaged report on Oduduwa because it puts the Oduduwa controversy to rest once and for all.

Perhaps the most childish comment on the Oduduwa issue so far was the one in an article published in the Sunday Sun of June 27, 2004. The writer is upset over the antics of Bini prostitutes in Italy but ignores the Yoruba credit card schemers, painting the USA and Europe red with their notoriety? He says and I quote: �The Bini position on Oduduwa is motivated by imperial politics, a dose of envy and irrepressible ego. It is part of an agenda to hijack the enviable fame of Yoruba dynasty and superimpose it on the subdued ego of the Bini people who have lost the glory of their once powerful Bini Empire to the greater might of the British colonial masters.�

I was expecting the writer to say �Yoruba masters� instead of �British masters� in his erroneous statement. As far as I know, there is no record of the Yoruba ever once conquering or colonizing even an inch of Biniland. Rather, the Bini colonized, dominated and enslaved large tracks of Yorubaland and people until British colonialism liberated the Yoruba, so who should be envying who? Besides, the Yoruba were colonized along side the Bini and we all gained our �flag� independence from the British on the same day, which was the 1st of October 1960. Black collective plight as the most wretched people in the world has not changed since �flag� independence, so what is there in the Yoruba to make the Bini or anyone jealous? The writer is proud that there are Yoruba enclaves in Brazil and so on. But they got there as slaves and they are still slaves, (second-class citizens), in the Diaspora right now. The Bini were never enslaved, (the Bini kept hordes of Yoruba and other slaves from their conquests and shielded them from the slave trade), so you would not find slave colonies of the native Bini extraction anywhere in the Diaspora. What greater honour could anyone have than that?

No Yoruba commentator or expert so far has provided concrete evidence or credible story on Oduduwa. Some that have attempted to do so, have quoted spurious speculations from racist, paternalistic and condescending British historians like Basil Davidson, because that was what they passed their exams on. Prof. Siyan Oyeweso of the LASU History Department, goes further to swear by some 1950s � 60s researchers, such as Philip Igbafe, R. E. Bradbury, Alan Ryder and G.A. Akinola, who quoted profusely from each other, and largely relied on the �white god� Davidson�s story for authenticity. What right do we have to expect these �experts� to transcend the infantile bias of their day that Oduduwa was God incarnate, who as the Yoruba progenitor, descended with a rope from the sky? Could the historians have said Oduduwa was not God at a time of Yoruba political dominance in the region? Could they have set off on a limb and expect their books to be recommended reading by the West African Examination Council (WAEC)?

The overwhelming counter argument by the Yoruba so far, weighs heavily on why the Bini have only just come out now with their Oduduwa story? It is wrong for anyone to claim that the Edo origin of Oduduwa story is a recent creation. Prof Siyan Oyeweso even tried to put a 1971 date on when Edo people invented the Oduduwa story. He provides no evidence of his assertion other than that we should take his words for it because he is a professor. And if he were allowed to get away with his blatant distortion of history, it would become the history that students pass their exams on. That is how the Davidsons and Bradburys became the authorities on African history.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by jrusky(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
for the fact you dont know that oduduwa is a last born from an igbo man shows that you dont know your history.

I still repeat it again that you have no shame. So now Yoruba are Igbo or Igbo are Yoruba and that sound freaky funny to you

As I said yesterday when a tribe could not write or proof their origin every tribe come claiming them as theirs and I'm sure soon the Sultan of Sokoto will claim igbo belong to them or Obi of Onitsha will claimed Fulani are Igbo last born too.

I could remember when Kanu started his madness and this same Obi tried to caution him people like you came here to insult the Obi even some of you claimed Anambra are fake igbo that they are migrants from Delta and Edo and Benue so they are not real igbo but now simply because one King from SW called Ooni came up with nonsense history and you are jumping up and now same Anambra is igbo that gave birth to Oduduwa or whatever you called it bah?

So igbo no longer the descendant of demential son of Jacob that lost his brain and decided to walked down South East of Nigeria to settled and refused to followed his kinsmen back to isreal from Egypt bah?

You better go and sit a s s somewhere this issue of igbo origin is a matter of seriousness and not a joke because it's a shame that we can't trace our root and prove it by ourselves than to be hearinng one America man said, one bloody jew said, Ooni said, El Rufai said, Tinubu said and the rest blabla.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2019
Double wahala for deadie body and the owner IBOs are Jews full stop
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:

Okay so your very sure of what you said? You get liver to make a case? I’m gonna arrest you for posting Misleading information and you’ll proof yourself right! I’ll pay for both sides no worry but you’ll sure be dealth with if your wrong??
hope you get a good lawyer,not like buhari and atiku lawyers.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
hope you get a good lawyer,not like buhari and atiku lawyers.

Let’s make it happen. I’m ib now, where are you?
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:

Let’s make it happen. I’m ib now, where are you?
south south
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by jrusky(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
if i tell you i read all this your thrash just know am lying,

but from the few i read,you sound like a yoruba muslim,

very aggressive.

This is not about aggression ok leave Yoruba out of this ok. I'm not comfortable with it that every tribe in Nigeria can proof their origin by themselves with facts but ours is always on the table of discussion all the time and you are taking it as a comedy. No bro ok.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
class0247:
The Oduduwa Controversy Resolved.
By Naiwu Osahon

A lot of dust was raised in the press in 2004 over the Oduduwa issue. The controversies on Oduduwa are finally put to rest in this write-up. All students of history must carefully preserve this historical record as a reference point. Oduduwa is Prince Ekaladerhan of Bini and he entered Yoruba life about 900 years ago and that is categorical and final. The Yoruba/Edo collaborative evidence follow. The first most telling revelation about Oduduwa�s ancestry is from Oduduwa himself. He, in his lifetime, reserved a special seat in his Ife palace for his ancestors. The seat remains reserved until this day for the Bini monarch only. No one else, not even the reigning Ooni, or Oronmiyan (Alaafin) in Oyo, or any of the Obalades of Yorubaland can sit on the seat. So, if Bini is not the wellspring of Ife, why is it that no member of the Alaafin, or Ife Ooni dynasties (or siblings), can use the seat?

Besides, the most sacred name for Ife is �Uhe� a (non-Yoruba), deep and strong Bini word, meaning virgin or vagina depending on how it is pronounced, and is interpreted in myth as �innocence,� �the birth canal,� or �the source of life.� Also, no major Ifa ritual or ceremony in Ife even now is considered authentic, blessed by or acceptable to the gods and ancestors, without the presence and involvement of relevant Bini traditional faith custodians. The dress culture of Ife chiefs and priests is from Bini court.

Professor Ade Ajayi�s comment that the Bini are trying to re-write history and that the motivation for this is political is ridiculous to say the least, unless professors are not supposed to have some responsibility for truth and scholarship. Ajayi�s comment influenced less-informed commentators who accused the Oba of Bini of possible political bias at the age of 80, in an interview published in The News of 28 June 2004. The age of the Bini monarch bellies the silly accusation. No Bini historian, including Omo N�oba Erediauwa has said that a rebel king migrated from Benin to father Oduduwa in Ile-Ife. The Yoruba historians peddling this falsehood should take time off to read this specially packaged report on Oduduwa because it puts the Oduduwa controversy to rest once and for all.

Perhaps the most childish comment on the Oduduwa issue so far was the one in an article published in the Sunday Sun of June 27, 2004. The writer is upset over the antics of Bini prostitutes in Italy but ignores the Yoruba credit card schemers, painting the USA and Europe red with their notoriety? He says and I quote: �The Bini position on Oduduwa is motivated by imperial politics, a dose of envy and irrepressible ego. It is part of an agenda to hijack the enviable fame of Yoruba dynasty and superimpose it on the subdued ego of the Bini people who have lost the glory of their once powerful Bini Empire to the greater might of the British colonial masters.�

I was expecting the writer to say �Yoruba masters� instead of �British masters� in his erroneous statement. As far as I know, there is no record of the Yoruba ever once conquering or colonizing even an inch of Biniland. Rather, the Bini colonized, dominated and enslaved large tracks of Yorubaland and people until British colonialism liberated the Yoruba, so who should be envying who? Besides, the Yoruba were colonized along side the Bini and we all gained our �flag� independence from the British on the same day, which was the 1st of October 1960. Black collective plight as the most wretched people in the world has not changed since �flag� independence, so what is there in the Yoruba to make the Bini or anyone jealous? The writer is proud that there are Yoruba enclaves in Brazil and so on. But they got there as slaves and they are still slaves, (second-class citizens), in the Diaspora right now. The Bini were never enslaved, (the Bini kept hordes of Yoruba and other slaves from their conquests and shielded them from the slave trade), so you would not find slave colonies of the native Bini extraction anywhere in the Diaspora. What greater honour could anyone have than that?

No Yoruba commentator or expert so far has provided concrete evidence or credible story on Oduduwa. Some that have attempted to do so, have quoted spurious speculations from racist, paternalistic and condescending British historians like Basil Davidson, because that was what they passed their exams on. Prof. Siyan Oyeweso of the LASU History Department, goes further to swear by some 1950s � 60s researchers, such as Philip Igbafe, R. E. Bradbury, Alan Ryder and G.A. Akinola, who quoted profusely from each other, and largely relied on the �white god� Davidson�s story for authenticity. What right do we have to expect these �experts� to transcend the infantile bias of their day that Oduduwa was God incarnate, who as the Yoruba progenitor, descended with a rope from the sky? Could the historians have said Oduduwa was not God at a time of Yoruba political dominance in the region? Could they have set off on a limb and expect their books to be recommended reading by the West African Examination Council (WAEC)?

The overwhelming counter argument by the Yoruba so far, weighs heavily on why the Bini have only just come out now with their Oduduwa story? It is wrong for anyone to claim that the Edo origin of Oduduwa story is a recent creation. Prof Siyan Oyeweso even tried to put a 1971 date on when Edo people invented the Oduduwa story. He provides no evidence of his assertion other than that we should take his words for it because he is a professor. And if he were allowed to get away with his blatant distortion of history, it would become the history that students pass their exams on. That is how the Davidsons and Bradburys became the authorities on African history.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
south south

Where you dey fear? I’ll pay your hotel 1 week. That’s enough to know the truth. But I repeat, you’ll be dealth with severely if you got no proof eventually?

You’ll be Ilesha Prison for about 2 months but if your right, charge me for whatever you want!

I’m not joking oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by class0247: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2019
The Bini so far trace their history to perhaps hundreds or thousands of years before 40 BCE when they where called Idu and to 40 BCE specifically, when the Ogiso dynasty began. Thirty-one Ogisos ruled Idu (called Igodomigodo), between 40 BCE and about 1200 CE. The first Ogiso (king) was called Ogiso Igodo and his capital was at Ugbekun. Ogiso Igodo�s successor, Ogiso Ere, transferred the capital from Ugbekun to Uhudumwunirin. The last of the Ogiso kings was called Owodo. He reigned in the early 11th century CE and had only one child, a son, despite having many wives. That child, Ekaladerhan, is Oduduwa. All Oduduwa�s telltale links with Edo are still there open to investigation. The non-mortal aura of Edo God-son kings since 40 BCE. The sacrosanct first son succeeding father traditional law. The, around 1200 CE, Ogiso succession problems because heir apparent, Ekhaladerha, escaped to Yorubaland. The emergence of Ogieamie chiefdom to sell Edo land at every coronation to Edo Oba elect since 1200 CE. By the above account, Bini historians are saying that Oduduwa�s reign in Ife ended around 1200 CE. Yoruba historians confirm that Oduduwa�s first child and son was Oronmiyan and that Oronmiyan was the first Alaafin of Oyo. Yoruba historians deliberately avoid discussing the date Oronmiyan ascended the Alaafin throne obviously because that would destroy their myth about when Oduduwa intervened in their lives.

The Bini say the Alaafin�s dynasty in Oyo began around 1200 CE. Oronmiyan was in Igodomigodo in 1170 CE, and it was after his sojourn in Igodomigodo that he set up his Oyo dynasty. This date is not difficult for Yoruba historians to verify and if it is true, Oduduwa was alive during his son�s sojourn in Igodomigodo and also when the Oyo dynasty came into being. Therefore, the Ife stool could not have become vacant until about 1200 CE. This is not really debatable because Yoruba historians confirm that 37 Oonis reigned in Ife before Akinmoyero in (1770-1800), and that 13 more have reigned since. This enables us to prove the 1200 CE date mathematically. If from 1800 CE to 2004 CE (i.e. a period of 204 years), produced 13 Oonis on the average, how many Oonis could have reigned from 1200 CE to 1800 CE (i.e. a period of 600 years)? The answer is 38 Oonis.
February 13 at 6:28pm � Delete Post
#
Enosakhare Idubor The Oduduwa Controversy Resolved.Part 2

The Ife history of the Ooni dynasty confirms 38 Oonis, including Akinmoyero (1770 � 1800). Here are their names in the ascending order of the period of their reign: Ogun, Osangangan, Obamakin, Ogbogbodirin, Obalufon, Oronmiyan, Ayetise, Lajamisan, Lajodogun, Lafogido, Odidimode Regbesin, Aworokolokun, Ekun, Ajimuda, Gboo-Nijio, Okinlajosin, Adegbalu, Osinkola, Ogbooru, Giesi, Luwoo (female), Lumobi, Agbedegbede, Ojee-Lokunbirin, Lagunja, Larunka, Ademilu, Omogbogbo, Ajila-Oorun, Adejinle, Olojo, Okiti, Lugbade, Aribiwoso, Osinlade, Adagba, Ojigidiri (Lumbua), Akinmoyero (1770 � 1800), Gbanlare (1800 �1823), Gbegbaaja (1823 �1835), Wunmonije (1835 �1839), Adegunle Abewelo (1839 �1849), Degbinsokun (1849 � 1878), Oranyigba (1878 � 1880), Derin Ologbenla (1880 �1894), Adelekan Olubuse I (1894 �1910), Adekola (1910), Ademiluyi Ajagun (1910 �1930), Adesoji Aderemi (1930 � 1970), and the current Ooni Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse II, whose reign dates from 1980. Obviously, Oronmiyan, the first child and son of Oduduwa, did not inherit his father�s throne, which is the genesis of the quarrel between the true Oduduwa�s heirs and the Ooni�s dynasty.

Oduduwa�s eight children (as claimed by Yoruba historians), are known as the Obalades or crowned chiefs of Yorubaland. The argument is that not all Yoruba Obas have genuine crowns; only the Obalades are the exception and consist of the Alaafin of Oyo, the Oregun of Ile Ila, the Alake of Egbaland, the Owaoboku of Ijeshaland, the Alaketu of Ketu, the Owa of Ilesa and two Obas in the Republic of Benin as follows: the Onipopo of Popo and the Onisabe of Sabe. What this means in effect is that Yoruba civilization did not start in earnest until the reign of Oduduwa and his sons. All leading Yoruba historians agree on this.

In fact, we know that it was from early twelfth century that Ife grew into a large city surrounded by walls, inhabited mostly by farmers and some skilled craftsmen who created great works of arts respected around the world today. The famous Ife bronze, terracotta works, statues in baked clay, some representing the Ooni dressed in full regalia, are among the world�s greatest works of art. Some of the terracotta were so large and complex, it is impossible to bake them today even with modern technology. All these date back to the eleventh century CE.

Because Ogun, the first Ooni after the demise of Oduduwa, was not Oduduwa�s child, he was not considered an Obalade by Yoruba tradition and elite. Ogun was a chief with spiritual responsibilities. He usurped the Ife throne because the true heirs to the throne were busy else where at the time of their father�s death. Ogun out maneuvered the children of Oduduwa over the Ife throne with his superior knowledge of the inner working of the Ooni�s palace, and his spiritual prowess as the head of the Ogun shrine. Oduduwa�s true heirs have been smarting over this ever since.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Premier of the Western Region of Nigeria in the early sixties, strengthened the hands of the Oonis, and facilitated their prominence in Yorubaland by appointing Oba Adesoji Aderemi, the Ooni of Ife at the time, as the first Governor of the now defunct Western Region of Nigeria. Oba Adesoji Aderemi�s ascendance was consolidated with his Chairmanship of the Western Region�s Council of Obas that at the time entrapped the Edo Oba. With such immense political power of his own, and the political influence and authority of Awolowo as the leader of the Yoruba, no one could raise a finger against the supposed illegitimacy of the Ooni�s dynasty in Yorubaland. The Bini, of course, were worst hit as a voiceless minority in Awolowo�s Western Region�s politics of tribal exclusion and domination.

The Oduduwa lineage tried to fight back by identifying with the NPN in opposition to the UPN. Awolowo accentuated the schism by promoting the emergence of Bode Thomas, a young and dynamic lawyer from Oyo. Bode, with Awolowo�s clout, wielded considerable political power in Oyo to the point of being rude to the Alaafin, who was alleged to have put a curse on him. Bode became mad to the chagrin of Awolowo, who promptly banished the Alaafin from his Oyo throne. Just as the Oduduwa�s legitimate heirs and the Yoruba elite generally, have always known and concealed the quarrel over the Ife throne, the Bini have always known their history and borne the pains of not being able to act on it because Chief Awolowo was unassailable and had turned the Ooni dynasty into a colossus to cow all opposition.

Another way of confirming Oduduwa�s 1200 CE demise date in Ife, is to look into the famous account of valour during Oduduwa�s reign when an external invasion by the Igbos from the East took place. The record can easily be traced and Moremi�s courage came to the fore at the time for sacrificing her life for the safety of her people. From 1200 CE to 2004 CE is only 804 years, so the Yoruba should stop deceiving themselves that Oduduwa dropped from the skies at the beginning of time or that Ife is the �source� of the universe. Ife is �Uhe,� meaning Oduduwa�s re-birth, or successful re-location from Bini land of his ancestors.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by fatiaforreal: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2019
Ignorance and arrogance are the issues here.
In reality, there are no conflicts between Yoruba claims and Obi's claims.
You fools on this thread should learn for once.
The journey of man started in southern Africa, from where we splinted and our group migrating to Congo. At some point, WE WERE ALL CONGOLESE AND ONE. THEN WE MIGRATED TO SUDAN, FROM SUDAN TO THE BANK OF THE NIGER, WHICH WAS REFERED TO BY DIFFERENT NAMES AT DIFFERENT TIMES, LIKE OLD IFE, NYUIFE, NUPE. THE GREAT EVOLUTION OF LANGUAGES AND TRIBES OF OVER 70% OF THE TRIBES IN WEST AFRICA TOOK PLACE HERE. EARLIEST BINI PEOPLE ORIGINATED FROM HERE AS SUPPORTED BY JACOB EGAREVBA WHEN HE WROTE THE EARLIEST BINI PEOPLE CAME FROM NUPE. OLD IFE WAS DESTROYED BY FLOOD OF THE NIGER AND PEOPLE MOVED DOWN SOUTH TO FORMED SUBSEQUENT ILE IFE. IGALA AND IGBO ALSO ORIGINATED FROM HERE AS EVIDENCED BY GENETICS; A UN BACKED RESEARCH, GENETIC MAPPING OF AFRICAN TRIBES SHOWS THAT YORUBAS AND IGBOS ARE 99.9% GENETICALLY IDENTICAL. FURTHERMORE, THE WORD YORUBA IS RELATIVELY RECENT, ANCIENT INHABITANTS OF ILE IFE WERE ONCE REFERRED TO AS UGBO.
So, it's not a case of progenitor of yorubas coming from Igbo, the reverse is far more plausible; but the THRUTH IS, IT WAS A MATTER OF DISPERSALS.
We must also not forget that kingdoms and kingships are very recent in human history of about 200,000 years(kingdoms and kingships are generally less than 10,000 years). What most of us here don't know is that we're all classified as yorubas by international researchers as Yoruba and Khoesan are identified as two of the earliest tribes to evolved in human history

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by goodnessme1(f): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:

Where you dey fear? I’ll pay your hotel 1 week. That’s enough to know the truth. But I repeat, you’ll be dealth with severely if you got no proof eventually?

You’ll be Ilesha Prison for about 2 months but if your right, charge me for whatever you want!

I’m not joking oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you really serious,

if you are serious i will take it up with you,but i dont do white elephant project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

We have nothing in common with Igbo, every thing you wrote is pure fallacy
Ok. Can you sincerely answer this question? Who did oduduwa meet when he got to ile ife? Because we learnt there were people living there already. This issue remains the bone of contention between us and Benin people till date. I had an A1 in yoruba language in my secondary school days, for you to know how much I love studying my language and history of my people. Even if our leaders deceived us in some areas we should use our IQ to correct them....who were the settlers oduduwa met when he came ? Abi awon ebora lo ba nigba t'o de ni?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Ubiudumo(m): 11:24am On Apr 25, 2019
Oduduwa this, Odudunwa that. E don do abeg. Make we no come add Oduduwa origin to our problems.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2019
idanre1234:
do you take your time to write all this or you copy.i don’t understand your brain ooo
Now, let me explain in a simple terms so you'd understand my brain...when you go to ilesha as a foreigner, wouldn't you meet people already living in ilesha? That's same way we learnt oduduwa met people when he got to ile ife...those people he met and conquered, what happened to them and why weren't they mentioned till today in out book of history?
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Ok. Can you sincerely answer this question? Who did oduduwa meet when he got to ile ife? Because we learnt there were people living there already. This issue remains the bone of contention between us and Benin people till date. I had an A1 in yoruba language in my secondary school days, for you to know how much I love studying my language and history of my people. Even if our leaders deceived us in some areas we should use our IQ to correct them....who were the settlers oduduwa met when he came ? Abi awon ebora lo ba nigba t'o de ni?

The settlers he met are still part of Yoruba, in case you don't know not all Yoruba sub tribes descended from Oduduwa

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by sotall(m): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:
Obi of Onitsha started all this.
Is shameful Igbo and Edos are claiming Oduduwa cheaply. Who doesn't like good thing.cheesy? When did igbo started having rulers? Nor b yesterday? Hausas too are still claiming him too.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba leader and his direct son founded OWO (Ondo-State) , Ajashe(Benin Republic) etc while his great great great grandsons Oranmiyan founded Benin (Edo State)

You see yourself.
On one end you a debunking claims made by igbos regarding Oduduwa and then spreading falsehood about yoruba language being spoken in the Oba of Benin palace.

The Oba of Benin 's official Palace language was Yoruba before it was banned in 1946. Oba and Olori are Yoruba title

I regret the outburst of d Ooni of ife.. He should not have said anything but again Obi of Onitsha started it all.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
we igbos dont share anything in common with Yorubas,
food,culture,dressing,way of thinking and so on.
That means obi of onitsha and ooni of ife were wrong and they need to learn more from you
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by sotall(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:
Obi of Onitsha started all this.
Is shameful Igbo and Edos are claiming Oduduwa cheaply. Who doesn't like good thing.cheesy? When did igbo started having rulers? Nor b yesterday? Hausas too are still claiming him too.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba leader and his direct son founded OWO (Ondo-State) , Ajashe(Benin Republic) etc while his great great great grandsons Oranmiyan founded Benin (Edo State)

The Oba of Benin 's official Palace language was Yoruba before it was banned in 1946. Oba and Olori are Yoruba title

I regret the outburst of d Ooni of ife.. He should not have said anything but again Obi of Onitsha started it all.

You see yourself.
On the one end you a debunking claims made by igbos regarding Oduduwa and then spreading falsehood about yoruba language being spoken in the Oba of Benin palace.

Land grabbers

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:31am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Now, let me explain in a simple terms so you'd understand my brain...when you go to ilesha as a foreigner, wouldn't you meet people already living in ilesha? That's same way we learnt oduduwa met people when he got to ile ife...those people he met and conquered, what happened to them and why weren't they mentioned till today in out book of history?

You are just ignorant, you still don't know your History very well not all Yoruba sub tribes descended from Oduduwa some of them are part of the first settler in Ile ife

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You are just ignorant, you still don't know your History very well not all Yoruba sub tribes descended from Oduduwa some of them are part of the first settler in Ile ife
where were the first settlers from? It was oduduwa who founded yoruba race.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by thegoodone1234(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2019
BlackfireX:
Question where did oduduwa come from?

From the east side or northern side of Nigeria...?

Answer this question and you will find the truth.
From the east and he had stop over in Edo before Ife but he met Lamorudo in ile-ife. when Gani KAYODE said Yoruba and Igbo are related it's igbo group that said no.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:
are you really serious,

if you are serious i will take it up with you,but i dont do white elephant project.

Which one do you do? Red or brown? Anyhow you want am. I sha wanna dealth with you!
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
where were the first settlers from?

I don't know about that, but we don't have anything in common with Igbo

Culture is totally different

We are clearly different

Igbo even used to killed twins long time ago while Yoruba use to keep and Worship theirs.

We have no relation with Igbo we don't even think alike

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Westsida: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
thegoodone1234:
From the east and he had stop over in Who before Ife but he met Lamorudo in ile-ife. when Gani KAYODE said Yoruba and Igbo are related it's igbo group that said no.
[/s]

Nah your papa come from the east lol

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I don't know about that, but we don't have anything in common with Igbo

Culture is totally different

We are clearly different

Igbo even used to killed twins long time ago while Yoruba use to keep and Worship theirs.

We have no relation with Igbo we don't even think alike

Please respect the Ooni of Ife.
"OONI LINKS AJE FESTIVAL TO INDUSTRIOUS IGBO PEOPLE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ8BA4l9oK0

cc lzaa adaibeku
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
where were the first settlers from? It was oduduwa who founded yoruba race.

Not all Yoruba sub tribes descended from Oduduwa some of them are the first settlers in Ile ife, You are not Yoruba so I now understand where your ignorance is coming from
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by AbaLion: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2019
The late Oba Sijuade Okunade would be turning in his grave at the level of ridicule his son is making out of the great stool of Yoruba ancestry, by extension, the larger Yoruba nation.
How can a sitting Ooni could have been bereft of basic historical knowledge, so much ridiculously so he would confuse "the people of Ugbo" with "the Igbos "..
By the degree of his careless talks, the Benin minnows and the noisy waifs and strays ibo refugees are shamefully seeking relevance off the Yoruba's well documented & incontrovertible historical accounts.
It's a pity that those whose origin are much in doubt and still very much unknown, are trying to cash in on Ooni's gullibility..

Needless to say, that the throne is way bigger and much heavier than the young crown prince. He should retrace his steps forthwith else the gods of our land revolt against him.
*spits.

-Lion

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2019
immhotep:

Please respect the Ooni of Ife.
"OONI LINKS AJE FESTIVAL TO INDUSTRIOUS IGBO PEOPLE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ8BA4l9oK0

cc lzaa adaibeku

That Ooni is just blabbing his mouth for whatever selfish agenda best known to him

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2019
AbaLion:
The late Oba Sijuade Okunade would be turning in his grave at the level of ridicule his son is making out of the great stool of Yoruba ancestry, by extension, the larger Yoruba nation.
How can a sitting Ooni could have been bereft of basic historical knowledge, so much ridiculously so he would confuse "the people of Ugbo" with "the Igbos people"..

By the degree of his careless talks, the Benin minnows and the noisy waifs and strays ibo refugees are shamefully seeking relevance off the Yoruba's well documented, incontrovertible historical accounts.

It's a pity that those whose origin are much in doubt and still very much unknown are trying to cash in on Ooni's gullibility..
Needless to say, that the throne is way bigger and much heavier than the young crown prince. He should retrace his steps else the gods of our land revolt against him.
*spits.

-Lion
Take heart.
The matter is really paining you.

cc lzaa adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Ladoja Finally Affirms Lekan Balogun As Next Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.