Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo (21121 Views)

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Seunpaul01(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Fadomero:
who oduduwa help, so sick and tired of this country with dirty story

grin grin
A hungry man is an angry man.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Everybody should just stop being myopic on this matter please. If obi of onitsha said the real dwellers of ile ife were the igbos, he may be right . Because when our forefather odu to da iwa got to ile ife, he didn't meet goats, rams , monkeys and/or chimpanzees. He met human beings , likewise when his son got to Benin, he met people already doing their things. In the olden days, powerful people staged wars and conquered territories. It's possible oduduwa conquered those he met in ile ife and displaced them. This is quite possible. I've researched about the igbos and some things we have in common. The way they pronounce some things has proved it all, which we also share in common.
what a sensible comment,
One that is very rare on nairaland
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by nwanyionitsha: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
funmijoyb:
Obi of Onitsha started all this.
Is shameful Igbo and Edos are claiming Oduduwa cheaply. Who doesn't like good thing.cheesy? When did igbo started having rulers? Nor b yesterday? Hausas too are still claiming him too.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba leader and his direct son founded OWO (Ondo-State) , Ajashe(Benin Republic) etc while his great great great grandsons Oranmiyan founded Benin (Edo State)

The Oba of Benin 's official Palace language was Yoruba before it was banned in 1946. Oba and Olori are Yoruba title

I regret the outburst of d Ooni of ife.. He should not have said anything but again Obi of Onitsha started it all.
Odudunwa our last born sent to the west. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Melonny(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Everybody should just stop being myopic on this matter please. If obi of onitsha said the real dwellers of ile ife were the igbos, he may be right . Because when our forefather odu to da iwa got to ile ife, he didn't meet goats, rams , monkeys and/or chimpanzees. He met human beings , likewise when his son got to Benin, he met people already doing their things. In the olden days, powerful people staged wars and conquered territories. It's possible oduduwa conquered those he met in ile ife and displaced them. This is quite possible. I've researched about the igbos and some things we have in common. The way they pronounce some things has proved it all, which we also share in common.
Odùduwà met someone at Ilé-Ifè. He met Lamurudu and according to stories, there was no fight at all between Odùduwà and ìfẹ́ people..
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by adetem(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Mmmmmm Jesu MI ooooooooo, Thats ur own tribe history and am not surprised igbos like claiming what does not belong to them. Do your findings very well about Yoruba, and if you get this name (yahaba) you will Know where Yoruba originated from and what form Yoruba name.
goodnessme1:
Who is the father of oduduwa,did oduduwa really fell down from sky.

Mean while it your oba that -is trying to do what yorubas a good in doing(rewriting history)just to claim Great Igbos and yoruba are related, then we will help you do that,

fact now is oduduwa which mean odudu nwa(last born) is the founder of yorubas,

oduduwa(last born) was wicked,envy and greed,he was last born but he want to take over all her father's properties, which in igbo land the first son owns the obi,while the last born owns the mother's nkpuke,but because of his greediness he want to claim everything,

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,[s]then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.[/s]
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by adetem(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
non of the above, according to history Yoruba originated from Saudi Arabia, long way jouney someone called yahaba died and when they finally land at Ile ife they remember yahaba. That's where the name yoruba form. Not full story I no get time to dey type
BlackfireX:
Question where did oduduwa come from?

From the east side or northern side of Nigeria...?

Answer this question and you will find the truth.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by adetem(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
fantasticone1:

Oduduwa is from an Arabic country not Nigeria.
tell them Oooooh, make them read their history well. E be like this igbo people sef no get history.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by adetem(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
If is like that then obi is from osun
fairfora:
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Adaibeku(f): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
immhotep:

So you are re-directing your Igbo-phobia against Orji Uzor Kalu abi ? grin grin
Calm down and respect the words of the Ooni.
You are not wiser than the king of Ife.

cc lzaa adaibeku
tell him and y all dis hate frm him ,olawalesmarter wots wrong wt u

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by falopey: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:

Mean while it your oba that -is trying to do what yorubas a good in doing(rewriting history)just to claim Great Igbos and yoruba are related, then we will help you do that,

oduduwa(last born) was wicked,envy and greed,he was last born but he want to take over all her father's properties, which in igbo land the first son owns the obi,while the last born owns the mother's nkpuke,but because of his greediness he want to claim everything,

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.

if you say oduduwa mean odudu nwa, then Igbo in Yoruba means Bush. Then by using your lie tactics, is it okay to say Yoruba people name you people Igbo (Bush) because Igbo people (Bush people) were living in the bush before they came in contact with Yoruba. So Yoruba introduced Igbo people (Bush people) to ancient civilization. How about that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by ChristianNorth: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodnessme1:

he tried to kill his brothers but his plans failed,that was why he was banished out of igbo land,then he went to west where he settled and married an ido woman,who give birth to the people called Yorubas now.
Oil dey your head
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
luluman:
Yet yeebos cannot leave us alone.
Ewedugerian spotted grin grin grin
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by SexynSerious(f): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
lol. you like? wink tongue

Amatarasha:
Only one photo on ur dp for ages

Nice story though
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by SexynSerious(f): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wow. This sounds like a real accurate historical account of the whole thing.

omo Igbo, abeg, do more research so you can reduce the whole thing in writing by writing a history book. I have not seen anyone puts it so simple and intelligently as you just did.

Impressive! cool

goodnessme1:

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Fadomero(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
itu404:

really if history is not important to you what is then? abi dis one na hunger? it is said when one feels the pangs of hunger in a serious way nothing matters than how to fill his stomach. No wonder, the biblical Esau was willing to sell his birthright. God help us grin grin.
you think say I dey dt shithole with you punk ass check my pf dummy
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Fadomero(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
Seunpaul01:

grin grin
A hungry man is an angry man.
punk ass you think say I dey dt shithole with you check my of dummy
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by melzabull(f): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
jrusky:

[s]You are idiot Nnwanne so you are not longer from Uganda? Oh you are no longer Jew

You have no shame at all that only igbo tribe in nìgeria can't proof their origin and you are here typing thrash thinking its funny. You have no shame[/s].
youre a stupid fool. Whats your stupid business with what she said? Only an idiot like you say tjis nonsense

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by melzabull(f): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
SexynSerious:
Wow. This sounds like a real accurate historical account of the whole thing.

omo Igbo, abeg, do more research so you can reduce the whole thing in writing by writing a history book. I have not seen anyone puts it so simple and intelligently as you just did.

Impressive! cool

cheesy grin
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by michelz: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
jrusky:

You are idiot Nnwanne so you are not longer from Uganda? Oh you are no longer Jew

You have no shame at all that only igbo tribe in nìgeria can't proof their origin and you are here typing thrash thinking its funny. You have no shame.
someone is here telling you possible facts and you're throwing insults everywhere.
Where did Oduduwa come from? So many Yoruba elites have alluded to connection between the Igbo's and Yoruba's and with admissible evidence.
It's not by doing gara gara,fact is fact.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by michelz: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
Westsida:

You dey mind them. Those wey sabi history sabi say nah nonsense some of this obas dey yarn.
For rulers of such esteem to say something like that,it shouldn't just be dismissed by a mere wave of hand if you have interest in learning.
There are several similarities between the two groups that can't just be wished away.
By the way,have you ever tried to research more on what these Obas said before spewing rehearsed lines?
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
Opiletool:

Oga you know nothing about yoruba history. Not all Yorubas are descendants of oduduwa. He never founded shit. As a matter of fact, his sons never did as well, they were only welcomed into some communities and made kings. Ask yourself, if they truly founded where they were crowned king, why don't we all speak the same dialect?

As for those people oduduwa conquered, go and read about the ugbo people of ilaje, the descendants of obatala, then will you be enlightened.
Hmmm. Wa gbayi. The truth is beginning to unravel. Ilajes are the descendants of ijaws and the ijaws were from rivers...
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by michelz: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You are just ignorant, you still don't know your History very well not all Yoruba sub tribes descended from Oduduwa some of them are part of the first settler in Ile ife
You're the ignorant one here.
Those other 'Yoruba sub-tribe',where did they come from? I guess you don't know.
Where did Oduduwa come from? You don't know.
How come Igbo's and Yoruba's have strong similarities? You don't know.
The only thing you know is that Oduduwa came from heaven, met unknown people and founded the Yoruba kingdom. smh.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
michelz:

Those other 'Yoruba sub-tribe',where did they come from? I guess you don't know.
The only thing you know is that Oduduwa came from heaven, met unknown people and founded the Yoruba kingdom. smh.

You don't know where Your tribe come from but you want to tell me about where I come from grin
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by michelz: 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
https://kpcpress./2015/02/08/ibeji-twin-birth-and-the-culture-of-the-yoruba/

Olawalesmarter,you need to do independent research and stop regurgitating falsehoods.
Almost every African tribe had the history of killing twins. It wasn't just peculiar with the southeastern part of Nigeria.
Just do a simple research and find out the truth.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Guestlander: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
michelz:

Olawalesmarter,you need to do independent research and stop regurgitating falsehoods.
Almost every African tribe had the history of killing twins. It wasn't just peculiar with the southeastern part of Nigeria.

There's no history of killing twins in Yorubaland. Twins were actually venerated.
Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
michelz:

Killing twins was never in Yoruba culture and we never tagged twins as evil like Igbo but some people still killed twins due to the burden and financial restraints not because they believe they were evil like Igbo while all wealthy and financially buoyant families kept theirs and anyone that believe they could take care of theirs could keep them without any uproar from the society, until Shango totally banned the killing and made it mandatory to keep them whether you are Rich or not

The case is like people doing abortion in this modern times and then someone made a law and banned abortion

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/this-nigerian-tribe-used-to-kill-twins-believed-to-be-evil-a-god-stopped-the-practice

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
michelz:

Yoruba and Igbo don't have any strong similarities if you believe they do then list out the similarities

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
Hmmm. Wa gbayi. The truth is beginning to unravel. Ilajes are the descendants of ijaws and the ijaws were from rivers...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaje

Ilaje are part of Yoruba

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaje

Ilaje are part of Yoruba
I can edit and unedit wiki. It's not a reliable source of information. I prefer historical books. I've visited ese odo ( ilaje area) before .They dont speak real yoruba. Likewise the ido-ani people. I'm not against your submission bro. All I was saying is, lamurudu oo, obatala oo, it doesn't matter. Oduduwa came to ife and met people . Lamurudu was just one person and obatala was also just one person, out of many people oduduwa met. Over the years, as people migrate from one place to another, tongues change , names change, culture get mixed up, even faces change. Some people would travel for months by trekking or horse riding in those days. Some would return while some wouldn't for the reason best known to them. They would settle and stay put wherever they like. The itsekiris for instance migrated from ile ife some migrated from ondo. Likewise the igalas. In fact, an igalaman would understand yoruba if he goes to yorubaland for the first time. They migrated from yorubaland. I dont know how far it's true. I learnt igalas migrated from oyo. Our wa jeun( come and eat) is same in igala. An igalaman had spoken to his brother in my presence in Abuja in the past and I could hear all they were saying. On the igbos. We shouldn't just waive aside what both ooni and obi were saying.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by jrusky(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
michelz:

someone is here telling you possible facts and you're throwing insults everywhere.
Where did Oduduwa come from? So many Yoruba elites have alluded to connection between the Igbo's and Yoruba's and with admissible evidence.
It's not by doing gara gara,fact is fact.
[/s]

Keep that to your picket not impress at all.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
fairfora:
I can edit and unedit wiki. It's not a reliable source of information. I prefer historical books. I've visited ese odo ( ilaje area) before .They dont speak real yoruba. Likewise the ido-ani people. I'm not against your submission bro. All I was saying is, lamurudu oo, obatala oo, it doesn't matter. Oduduwa came to ife and met people . Lamurudu was just one person and obatala was also just one person, out of many people oduduwa met. Over the years, as people migrate from one place to another, tongues change , names change, culture get mixed up, even faces change. Some people would travel for months by trekking or horse riding in those days. Some would return while some wouldn't for the reason best known to them. They would settle and stay put wherever they like. The itsekiris for instance migrated from ile ife some migrated from ondo. Likewise the igalas. In fact, an igalaman would understand yoruba if he goes to yorubaland for the first time. They migrated from yorubaland. I dont know how far it's true. I learnt igalas migrated from oyo. Our wa jeun( come and eat) is same in igala. An igalaman had spoken to his brother in my presence in Abuja in the past and I could hear all they were saying. On the igbos. We shouldn't just waive aside what both ooni and obi were saying.

Ilaje is Yoruba and I believe it was someone from Ilaje that submitted that on Wikipedia, it is impossible for someone from other tribe to do it for them, however Yoruba and Igbo are not related and it is even obvious to the dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today / Ladoja Finally Affirms Lekan Balogun As Next Olubadan / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.