Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? (28323 Views)

Enugu Greenery: The Most Serene City In Nigeria / Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / Lagos: Africa's Largest City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Tapout(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kylekent59:
Since you said for vacation and fun, going by what you said ,Lagos is the best.

True lagos is cool, but it's too expensive to be the best...the very first time I went to oniru beach with my pals , after paying gate fee of 1k each (we were 4 in number), we still had to pay 5k for table and chairs. balling never start, we done already blow 9k. sad I go use that money ball for places like Enugu and still get a decent hotel.

3 Likes

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by madjune(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
My village in December.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Chukazu: 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Anyone looking where to visit and relax with loads of fun should simply visit your ancestral village.

There is no better place than one's village except you are one of those who claim Lagos and have never been to their village

Just seeing your love ones in the village, the peace , serenity and pure Love can cure you of any "City madness" .

Only in the village you see someone you don't know from Adam greet you with so much reverence...in place like Lagos if a stranger greets you on the Road you would turn back to check if he's a mad man before you answer... because nobody send you, you can live in typical Compound for years and your next door neighbor doesn't even know your name...Strangers!

1 Like

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by luluman: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
mokaflex:
ChiboK
Kai.

2 Likes

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Omotayoodubote(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sambisa city
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Subray(f): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bonny Island (Rivers State)
Obudu (Cross River)
Enugu state
Abuja
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by madridsta007(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
MajorJeffery:
If someone wants to visit Nigeria on a vacation and to have fun for a few weeks, what city will be the most suitable for that?

Nairalanders, your recommendations and contributions will be greatly appreciated and please state your reasons to help interested parties in their considerations. Thank you.

Sambisa Games Reserve

2 Likes

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Austineva(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
TimipreSylva19:

I'm thinking of relocating there, I need guidance please.
very pretty cool city to be in

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by kleverley(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
donigspain:
Calabar obudu
guy seems ur from obudu
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by kleverley(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
the Canaan city of CALABAR I'm proudly cross riverian
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
sexybaby22:
Lagos most definitely. Low kidnapping rate compared to the south south, loads of fun places to visit, beach, bars, clubs. Also, loads of events happening, drama, comedy. Its the fun capital of Nigeria.

Next is Abuja, though not as bubbly as Lagos but for people with very high taste. Lots of open air gardens to eat barbeque fish & chips and music at night.
The bolded is exactly what I call fun. Thanks for your recommendation.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
nursemyke:
Bauchi - Yankari game reserve. Time of the season where you get to meet with the wild animals in their natural form, the kind of weather at present again is condusive for outdoor camping.

Taraba - Gashaka Gumpti National park, for its serene and natural life. Cost of feeding is very economical and security wise its safe

Cross Rivers - Obudu cattle ranch or this other national park. But cost of living is high economically

Lagos - Wispering palm resort Badagry. Very calm, serene, cost of living and going round Badagry is affordable. One stone can be used to kill many birds - many places to visit in Badagry ( Abbas Seriki slave Barraccoon, Mobee Slave relics museum, National museum, first storey building in Nigeria, first translated Yoruba bible, point of No Return, well of Attenuation, Vlakette slave market, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, French Language Village, Suntan Beach, many private resort, Michael Jackson Amphitheatre, White man grave yard, place of first Christmas celebration in Nigeria, and so many other side attractions)

The bolded noted. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
poksmahn:
Maiduguri! You can view the ruins of the old Kanem Bornu empire. If you're feeling adventurous, you could take a breathtaking safari across the Sambissa Game Reserve! The place is littered with exotic animals, dead bodies and hidden mines. A good tour guide would charge you less than $100 for the thrill.

You can visit Biu plateau. I hear it was an active volcano about a thousand years ago. You can make your way to the top and have a picnic there while watching soldiers battle the terrorists. There's a way the bullets and RPGs paint the orange sky at dusk that words can't explain.

Don't forget to visit the Shehu of Borno's palace and go fishing in Lake Tilla.. Watch out for the crocodiles there

Thank you my brother for this information. I was in Calabar during Donald Duke era. The Ranch is another world of its own. It is about 7 hrs journey. In the North, there are so many things that makes vacation very exciting. Most of these wonders of nature are not known to people.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
MajorJeffery:
The bolded is exactly what I call fun. Thanks for your recommendation.

You are welcome.

Guess its Abuja then right?
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
sexybaby22:

You are welcome.

Guess its Abuja then right?
For a few of the time, most likely.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Ishilove: 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Tapout:

True lagos is cool, but it's too expensive to be the best...the very first time I went to oniru beach with my pals , after paying gate fee of 1k each (we were 4 in number), we still had to pay 5k for table and chairs. balling never start, we done already blow 9k. sad I go use that money ball for places like Enugu and still get a decent hotel.
If Oniru is expensive, then you haven't tried Inagbe resorts. Owned by the Ooni of Ife. Very beautiful and serene environment
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
MajorJeffery:
For a few of the time, most likely.
You can also visit Kajuru Castle in Kaduna. It's a stone throw from Abuja

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Ikpongiton: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
sambisa forest is the place
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by LegalOpinion: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Timothy92:
Kogi state

They are not asking for kidnappers headquarters

1 Like

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Quality20:
sokoto and okene in kwara state
Okene in Kwara State? You are loving in 1990 sir
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Estellie: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
*clears throat*...

Everybody mentioning Calabar like WTF undecided.. What is in calabar??.. Op, don't even think of going there, its not safe..Too many fights and cult troubles...

If you want some peace and quiet, tight security, nice people, delicious delicacies, nature views, good roads, clean environment, beautiful chicks. winkgrin Then welcome to the beautiful city of Uyo.. You can lodge at the LA meridian hotel and golf resort...

DON'T GO TO CALABAR....

1 Like

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
nursemyke:
Bauchi - Yankari game reserve. Time of the season where you get to meet with the wild animals in their natural form, the kind of weather at present again is condusive for outdoor camping.

Taraba - Gashaka Gumpti National park, for its serene and natural life. Cost of feeding is very economical and security wise its safe

Cross Rivers - Obudu cattle ranch or this other national park. But cost of living is high economically

Lagos - Wispering palm resort Badagry. Very calm, serene, cost of living and going round Badagry is affordable. One stone can be used to kill many birds - many places to visit in Badagry ( Abbas Seriki slave Barraccoon, Mobee Slave relics museum, National museum, first storey building in Nigeria, first translated Yoruba bible, point of No Return, well of Attenuation, Vlakette slave market, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, French Language Village, Suntan Beach, many private resort, Michael Jackson Amphitheatre, White man grave yard, place of first Christmas celebration in Nigeria, and so many other side attractions)

Wow, maybe i will consider spending this yr annual leave in Badagry. Will i get a nice and comfortable hotels for 5k in badagry? And, how do i get to Badagry from Yaba?
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
poksmahn:
Maiduguri! You can view the ruins of the old Kanem Bornu empire. If you're feeling adventurous, you could take a breathtaking safari across the Sambissa Game Reserve! The place is littered with exotic animals, dead bodies and hidden mines. A good tour guide would charge you less than $100 for the thrill.

You can visit Biu plateau. I hear it was an active volcano about a thousand years ago. You can make your way to the top and have a picnic there while watching soldiers battle the terrorists. There's a way the bullets and RPGs paint the orange sky at dusk that words can't explain.

Don't forget to visit the Shehu of Borno's palace and go fishing in Lake Tilla.. Watch out for the crocodiles there

You have a dangerous sense if humor...dark humor

1 Like

Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by nicepoker101(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
Veetee:
For me its calabar. i need to visit that city
except during carnival. Aside that may be na their girls go carry you go there. grin
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Reference(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Forget it abeg. There is no where suitable. Nigeria is not a tourist destination. We donot know how to live right.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Tapout(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ishilove:

If Oniru is expensive, then you haven't tried Inagbe resorts. Owned by the Ooni of Ife. Very beautiful and serene environment

never been there, I've heard about it tho. what's my budget gonna be like if i decide to pay a visit ??
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Kasali226(m): 1:17am On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=inoki247 post=77843812]Try Police Station u will enjoy ur stay dere[/quo
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by Kasali226(m): 1:18am On Apr 26, 2019
Kasali226:

Man yyy grin grin grin
So which police station
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by poseidon12: 2:12am On Apr 26, 2019
I would not consider any city in Nigeria as a vacation destination.
Re: What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? by travelwaka: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2019
MajorJeffery:
If someone wants to visit Nigeria on a vacation and to have fun for a few weeks, what city will be the most suitable for that?

Nairalanders, your recommendations and contributions will be greatly appreciated and please state your reasons to help interested parties in their considerations. Thank you.

It depends on the kind of things your may be interested in. The kind of activities you love etc . If you are a lover of beaches, Lagos will serve you well, there are over 25 beaches in Lagos. Lagos also have some historical places like the first storey building, first school etc. There are probably couple of places to visit in Lagos.
If you want soccer seeing and adventure then do obudu mountain resort. If you live hiking and adventure visit jos , Oyo , idanre hills etc. I could help with a list which will be based on your interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Nigerian Girl Amina Lawal Missing In Toronto (photo) / BBNaija: Khloe "I Like Miracle, Teddy A Not My Type"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.