Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,227 members, 7,839,203 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person (6275 Views)

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by crackhaus: 4:35am On Apr 27, 2019
merahki:
A number of times
This has definitely become a habit, a bad one no less. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:
Yes. And she's one of the most beautiful, intelligent and benevolent (at least towards me) women in the world - she was submissive with a genuine intention to make it work out between us. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fall in love with her - even though I love her - despite trying my utmost. She wasn't perfect, just as no human being is, and her personal imperfection wasn't the main reason I was unable to fall in love with her.

Walking out of her life, despite all her pleas and considering the fact that we didn't quarrel even for a day, was one of the hardest decisions I've ever taken in life, but I couldn't afford wasting her time and continually raising her hope that I may succeed in falling in love with her.

Love is a mystery.

Maybe you are just an evil being, why propose when there is no love. Do you know the embarrassment you caused her in the midst of her friends or how many suitors you chased away from her life, she could have missed the opportunity of getting close to someone that adores her just because of your useless proposal. It's just about you, isn't it?

8 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2019
sad cry sad cry

Touching Stories cry cry

LordKO's is scary though, angry .Why are guys that way? Read a story here some days ago related to this. Why be with someone you aren't emotionally connected to for so long? I don't get it. How do guys do it?
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by LordKO(m): 8:22am On Apr 27, 2019
candlewax:

Maybe you are just an evil being, why propose when there is no love. Do you know the embarrassment you caused her in the midst of her friends or how many suitors you chased away from her life, she could have missed the opportunity of getting close to someone that adores her just because of your useless proposal. It's just about you, isn't it?

Bumpkin. I don't need your validation to substantiate my actions and inactions, not when the woman involved in the relationship understands better. We've remained in each others good book. A sane woman like her will always choose an unassuming me than a pretentious you any day and anywhere, that's the difference. Loving someone is different from falling in love with the same person, so also staying in love forever is different from the aforementioned.

Vamoose now and look for your small-minded ilk elsewhere or better still direct your further mentions to your lunatic parents.

14 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:

Bumpkin. I don't need your validation to substantiate my actions and inactions, not when the woman involved understands better. We've remained in each others good book. A sane woman like her will always choose an unassuming me than a pretentious you any day and anywhere, that's the difference. Loving someone is different from falling in love with the same person, so also staying in love forever is different from the aforementioned.

Vamoose now and look for your small-minded ilk elsewhere or better still direct your further mentions to your lunatic parents.
Jeezzzzzz

Someone woke on the wrong side of the bed.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by srclark: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2019
leonard002:
Good decision bro. If you're a hospital staff like me and you see what these SS kids go through, you'll swear for their parents
not enough reason ,why is it that we humans always form we know too much .We have other medical conditions that are much more serious than this ss thingy better wake up
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:

Bumpkin. I don't need your validation to substantiate my actions and inactions, not when the woman involved understands better. We've remained in each others good book. A sane woman like her will always choose an unassuming me than a pretentious you any day and anywhere, that's the difference. Loving someone is different from falling in love with the same person, so also staying in love forever is different from the aforementioned.

If you meet a deranged person, he or she is usually the first to call you mad. Why? The fella has been deranged for a long time that madness becomes a language.

I understand you plight better now. I understand why you have to dump someone after proposing, you are not just evil, you come from a family with history of Mad Men, from your forebears down to your miserable father, let me point out that you embrassing the girl isn't ordinary, what befell your ancestors has finally caught up with you.

You'd call off everything in your life and think you have a noble reason till you find yourself walking aimlessly in the markets as your ancestors and father did. I could have helped but it's in the gene.. angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by MisterMan123456: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Travelled down meet my ex's parents during a Christmas break, spent 3 days in their home, told em I wanted to marry their daughter, they were happy and accepted me, she took me round her uncles and aunts to get me introduced as her fiance, didn't give her a ring though. But in January I realized she wasn't the one for me. She wasn't ambitious, she had no plan set out for herself for the future, nothing!
She wasn't just a wife material, but good girlfriend material, the sex was da bomb!
she never complained about my excesses, I was free to live a reckless life and she never complained.
At that point I realized we will just end up in a wrecked marriage. So I ran........ I just tuned out, told her though, but she couldn't understand me, she felt I was happy living my life always high, late nights, clubbing, drugging etc.
Been married for over a decade, sadly she isnt. My wife controls my excesses 100%. I'm a more focused human being now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by LordKO(m): 9:12am On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
sad cry sad cry

Touching Stories cry cry

LordKO's is scary though, angry .Why are guys that way? Read a story here some days ago related to this. Why be with someone you aren't emotionally connected to for so long? I don't get it. How do guys do it?

Elegant lady. She understands me better. Both of us thought that I'd develop emotional connection with her after taking it to the next level, but I tried it without success. And till eternity is too long, especially when you won't like to wittingly be a source of agony to such a beautiful soul. So, it's better to be late than to be late. Unconditionality of love doesn't invalidate conditionality of falling in love and staying in love. . . One can only be assumed evil/opportunistic if the conditionalities are material based.

Emotional connection is very important, unfortunately, personally it's not something I can wittingly develop for everyone. It must be present before I say I do, because only it can make me to leave wherever I'm to come home at any point in time.

By the way, I didn't state duration of the courtship, so it could have been a short or long one - dating period doesn't count in a scenario like this.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:

Elegant lady. She understands me better. Both of us thought that I'd develop emotional connection with her after taking it to the next level, but I tried it without success. And till eternity is too long, especially when you won't like to wittingly be a source of agony to such a beautiful soul. So, it's better to be late than to be late. Unconditionality of love doesn't invalidate conditionality of falling in love and staying in love. . . One can only be assumed evil/opportunistic if the conditionalities are material based.

Emotional connection is very important, unfortunately, personally it's not something I can wittingly develop for everyone. It must be present before I say I do, because only it can make me to leave wherever I'm to come home at any point in time.

By the way, I didn't state duration of the courtship, so it could have been a short or long one - dating period doesn't count in a scenario like this.

I'm not trying to play the judge just want to understand things better. I get there may be some misunderstanding here due to the fact that we are of opposite gender discussing a sensitive topic but I will try to my best.

Now heres the deal : Do guys ask ladies out base on attraction or true feelings? When do guys get connected with their partners in a relationship, is it before the relationship kicks off, or after it does?
I really want to know because with what I read , hear and see these days. I'm beginning to contemplate a ' Don't give it your all' movement angry . Yes, like 'Hey ladies, hold back,
pause that lovey-dovey thing till you are certain he is EMOTIONALLY CONNECTED. grin

The emboldened, that's not completely true, people start relationships (the girl-boy thing) for different reasons.Some do that for material things, some for sexual intimacy, some as a source of vengeance, some for fame, some for recognition, some for games and yes for love. Maybe yours wasn't any of the stated but like I typed earlier, I'm not here to play the jury. But if you look closely you will see that all reasons are evil/opportunistic except the one based on genuine feelings.

Alright, I get that. lipsrsealed
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by LordKO(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
I'm not trying to play the judge just want to understand things better. I get there may be some misunderstanding here due to the fact that we are of opposite gender discussing a sensitive topic but I will try to my best.

Now heres the deal : Do guys ask ladies out base on attraction or true feelings? When do guys get connected with their partners in a relationship, is it before the relationship kicks off, or after it does?
I really want to know because with what I read , hear and see these days. I'm beginning to contemplate a ' Don't give it your all' movement angry . Yes, like 'Hey ladies, hold back,
pause that lovey-dovey thing till you are certain he is EMOTIONALLY CONNECTED. grin

The emboldened, that's not completely true, people start relationships (the girl-boy thing) for different reasons.Some do that for material things, some for sexual intimacy, some as a source of vengeance, some for fame, some for recognition, some for games and yes for love. Maybe yours wasn't any of the stated but like I typed earlier, I'm not here to play the jury. But if you look closely you will see that all reasons are evil/opportunistic except the one based on genuine feelings.

Alright, I get that. lipsrsealed

Personally, attraction (fancy/lust/the small love) - quite different from the main true feeling/emotional connection - is just less than 20 percent of the compound quotient that can make me say I do forever. It alone can't sustain a healthy union forever for me.

True feeling/emotional connection is something one develops in the cause of the relationship, irrelevant of the duration. Some selected good attributes plus fancy plus maybe one external factor are the main sources of emotional connection for me - a singular bad attribute, whenever it manifests, can equally squash the built-up emotional connection. So, the earlier one shows her true color the better.

Meanwhile, the idea of "don't give it your all" is rather a bad one. One should always give his/her all to any cause he believes in - the most important thing is to make sure you do so altruistically and conscientiously.

The intention of asking a lady out will always depend on one's level in life at a particular time. Like in this scenario in my OP, it's for convenience - yes, it's mutually so at the inception - and it's spontaneous.

Once more, unconditionality of love doesn't invalidate conditionality of falling in love and staying in love - once the conditions are immaterial/attribute base then it's genuine love.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
sad cry sad cry

Touching Stories cry cry

i can relate to lordko position some men have personality that can make a woman additive to them .when they come into your life you as a woman will do every thing to make them to remain in your life. even ordinary word from them will make you additive. i was thinking before that you are his woman?
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=pandv post=77911122][/quote]I get that, even though these men don't really feel the way the women feel.

LordK.O's woman? Now that's new. Why would you have such thought? cheesy grin
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
I get that, even though these men don't really feel the way the women feel.

LordK.O's woman? Now that's new. Why would you have such thought? cheesy grin

no vex for me a beg but two of you get some chemistry together
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yes I have. Should b like 7 years ago. Well village people talk Say we dey related o as the relation never pass fourth abi na sixth generation. Naso I Waka leave everything, kukuma throway d ring inside bush.

Second one, well he wanted to take the fast route but sincerely I didn't see that future with him but the D wasn't what I wanna eat for the rest of my life unfortunately. Had to escape.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
pandv:

no vex for me a beg but two of you get some chemistry together
Ahhhhhhh... And how long have you been watching us to come to this conclusion? cheesy

BTW I'm not his woman.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
MisterMan123456:
Travelled down meet my ex's parents during a Christmas break, spent 3 days in their home, told em I wanted to marry their daughter, they were happy and accepted me, she took me round her uncles and aunts to get me introduced as her fiance, didn't give her a ring though. But in January I realized she wasn't the one for me. She wasn't ambitious, she had no plan set out for herself for the future, nothing!
She wasn't just a wife material, but good girlfriend material, the sex was da bomb!
she never complained about my excesses, I was free to live a reckless life and she never complained.
At that point I realized we will just end up in a wrecked marriage. So I ran........ I just tuned out, told her though, but she couldn't understand me, she felt I was happy living my life always high, late nights, clubbing, drugging etc.
Been married for over a decade, sadly she isnt. My wife controls my excesses 100%. I'm a more focused human being now.
So u needed someone to control you? OK I've picked something from this ur comment

5 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
Ahhhhhhh... And how long have you been watching us to come to this conclusion? cheesy

BTW I'm not his woman.

no vex for me observation no be cuss but the chemistry is there
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:

BTW I'm not his woman.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
pandv:

I'm not vexed

Alright thanks for the observation, we will work on it. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Poanan: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:
Yes. And she's one of the most beautiful, intelligent and benevolent (at least towards me) women in the world - she was submissive with a genuine intention to make it work out between us. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fall in love with her - even though I love her - despite trying my utmost. She wasn't perfect, just as no human being is, and her personal imperfection wasn't the main reason I was unable to fall in love with her.

Walking out of her life, despite all her pleas and considering the fact that we didn't quarrel even for a day, was one of the hardest decisions I've ever taken in life, but I couldn't afford wasting her time and continually raising her hope that I may succeed in falling in love with her.

Love is a mystery.

You are just a devil incarnate. You had known this before proposing. What I do i know maybe u broke someone's heart and she swore that u will not get married until you go on your knees to beg her. I hope you are married now.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:

I'm shocked at the double standards shocked. I 'waisted' a guy's time for nearly a decade, and you get called evil but I'm not because he is a man and he has a decade to 'waist' grin

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
LordKO:

Love is a mystery.

Now tell me, why couldn't you just love her?

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Guest007:
My first 'love'

It was a weird relationship because it wasn't an intimate relationship (1st Base tings, and nothing else) But it was the real deal for me. We planned everything down to the detail, we spent 24hrs marathon talking session embarassed

This went on from age 14/15 until I was 21...

when I was 19, we tried to go all the way, and when he reached my girls, with kisses, I nearly threw up in my mouth... It was shocking for me, and I didn't have the mouth to tell him the truth. cry

Few weeks later... He took me to a local funfair, and he spoilt me rotten, everything I wanted and somethings were a surprise. We stayed out until 4am... (I remember him in a short sleeve top, while I wore his oversized jacket) His blood was hot though grin
We spent the rest of the night on the Broadway, and when everything closed we went back to the funfair (Park) we had a picnic under the stars (drinks, snacks, and his cigarettes, and we cuddle and right there as I lay on his chest, listening to his heart beat, (I'd taken my headscarf off, and shawl, and used it as cove) He popped the question, and I accepted. Then I ghost him for 3/4 years. Oh, and I lost the ring, and I joined bad gang grin

Doesn't sound like fun.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2019
Jeez... Sugar Rush grin grin

Damn! I just made a man ADDICTIVE! grin

Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Doesn't sound like fun.

Go buy more letters... nonsense 1liner tongue
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by CosmicJames(m): 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So u needed someone to control you? OK I've picked something from this ur comment
Exactly.
What women generally looks for.
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
Jeez... Sugar Rush grin grin

Damn! I just made a man ADDICTIVE! grin

no i said him has addictive personality so him make you additive to him
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
pandv:

no i said him has addictive personality so him make you additive to him
You don't get it do you? grin grin

Read the thread slowly, focus more on the invisible words. grin
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
MariaLavina:
You don't get it do you? grin grin

Read the thread slowly, focus more on the invisible words. grin

no vex but me i am good in matchmaking
Re: Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
pandv:

no vex but me i am good in matchmaking
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Why Nigerian Police Is Now Arresting People (pics) / Campus Prostitution Not So Bad(reasons) / The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.