Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? (126928 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Free To Air Channels On Hitv / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
Hello all, After storming the market with its highly innovative and popular new bouquet of Dstv Compact plus which combines a rich blend of family entertainment and premiership football. And now after listening to cries from numerous customers to provide them FREE CHANNELS, Dstv recently introduced the DsTVFreeView for all its customers. This simply means upon the expiration of your subscription, you can still view local channels, some news stations and religious channels.

Here is an excerpt from their customer care rep on facebook.

"As part of our commitment to constantly improve the DStv subscriber television viewing experience and options, we recently launched 'DStv FreeView'. DStv FreeView is a bouquet that remains active, when your paid bouquet account expires. When you are disconnected, you will still be able to view the local Free to Air channels like Silverbird TV, NTA, Channels etc, as well as a selection of other religious and educational and news channels such as Mindset Learn, Inspiration TV, Islam, NHK, CCTV etc. In total you can still view over 15 TV channels, and listen to 30 radio channels absolutely free, even after your subscription has expired."

it continues,
" DStv FreeView is totally free, and
you don't even need to request for it!
It is activated on your DStv account during
any period when your paid subscription (on
DStv Access, Family, Compact, Compact Plus
or Premium) expires and you have not yet
renewed subscription."

Here is a complete list of all the channels you get on DstvFreeView

- LTV
- NTA
- Silverbird TV
- AIT
- Channels
- MiTV
- Mindset Learn
- TBN
- Rhema
- Day Star
- IQRAA
- Islam
- Inspiration TV
- TV Mundial
- Kingdom TV
- CCTV News
- NHK
- CCTV 4
plus 32 radio channels.

Looking at the above, can anyone tell me why I should pay N3,500 a month for HITV or N2500 for MYTV when I can pay the same N2500/month for DSTV family and get a whole lot better channels and view these stations free when my subscription expires?

HITV,MYTV and others had better go back to the drawing board as DStv is going for the KILL.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2010
friend ,all those channels are free .we play with it day by day.if you can afford 1.8m dish motorise you get much more stations for free including sports channel.habi any free sport on their free to view.?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2010
so if u wan pay dstv go ahead if na mytv or hitv go ahead nothing do you.all na for the sake of free to view
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by IRAPADA(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2010
Ve they started it

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
obnelly:

friend ,all those channels are free .we play with it day by day.if you can afford 1.8m dish motorise you get much more stations for free including sports channel.habi any free sport on their free to view.?

Hi, this is a comparism between paytv operators in nigeria and who gives better value for money. Not many people have the time or space to erect and be turning numerous big dishes like a military command  center.

I too would like to enjoy  FTA like you but i dont just have the time or strength. Thank you.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by captainus: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2010
@ obnelly
obnelly:

well said.they cant fool us. fta 4 life
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by labiyemmy(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2010
So these stations are what you want to watch from a cable satellite TV?

- LTV
- NTA
- Silverbird TV
- AIT
- Channels
- MiTV
- Mindset Learn
- TBN
- Rhema
- Day Star
- IQRAA
- Islam
- Inspiration TV
- TV Mundial
- Kingdom TV
- CCTV News
- NHK
- CCTV 4
plus 32 radio channels.

Why not then just stay hooked to your normal TV instead of bothering to connect to DSTV?

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2010
@labiyemmy:

So these stations are what you want to watch from a cable satellite TV?

- LTV
- NTA
- Silverbird TV
- AIT
- Channels
- MiTV
- Mindset Learn
- TBN
- Rhema
- Day Star
- IQRAA
- Islam
- Inspiration TV
- TV Mundial
- Kingdom TV
- CCTV News
- NHK
- CCTV 4
plus 32 radio channels.

Why not then just stay hooked to your normal TV instead of bothering to connect to DSTV?
Hello, it seems you do not understand.
The above channels are the basic channels you get to watch free when your paid subscription has expired. For a full list of the premium  channels on Dstv, you can check out the link below

www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_products?bId=1
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by IRAPADA(m): 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
Where is d source of news
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by labiyemmy(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2010
TCD:

Hello, it seems you do not understand.
The above channels are the basic channels you get to watch free when your paid subscription has expired. For a full list of the premium  channels on Dstv, you can check out the link below

www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_products?bId=1

I understand you perfectly - You are comparing watching these channels to watching full paid for channels on HITV/MYTV etc.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by aieromon(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
TCD:

- LTV
- NTA
- Silverbird TV
- AIT
- Channels
- MiTV
- Mindset Learn
- TBN
- Rhema
- Day Star
- IQRAA
- Islam
- Inspiration TV
- TV Mundial
- Kingdom TV
- CCTV News
- NHK
- CCTV 4

This package is crap - My UHF outdoor antenna does much better for free,thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2010
no wahala,if u dont av time create time and space so that u to can enjoy yourself.this forum is alive because somebody created d time and space, respect to the all active members both in d backyard and front door.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 1:20am On Sep 20, 2010
@labiyemmy:

I understand you perfectly - You are comparing watching these channels to watching full paid for channels on HITV/MYTV etc.
No sir, you got me wrong, you do not understand me at all. please read my post again.

here is what i said "
Looking at the above, can anyone tell me why I should pay N3,500 a month for HITV or N2500 for MYTV when I can pay the same N2500/month for DSTV family and get a whole lot better channels and view these stations free when my subscription expires?"
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 1:49am On Sep 20, 2010
aieromon:

This package is crap - My UHF outdoor antenna does much better for free,thank you.
Aieromon, these might not trip you much if you stay in lagos but those of us outside lagos or people who live in lag but travel/move elsewhere in the country can now enjoy some of these best local stations in the country. Believe me I felt the absence of good local TV when I moved to calabar where we have like 3 stations all state goverment owned and the other from equitorial guinea. Most states in naija have terrible and few TV stations this to me is a welcome relief.

Also, dont you think its better to have access to at least these few good stations when your subscription expires instead of the old regime of having total blank screens? i've had a situation when my subscription expired on a 4 day public holiday, boy I was desperate for any channel to watch.lol HiTv doesnt give free channels, in fact they dont even have these terrestrial tv channels on their bouquet, MYTV has only AIT and silverbird and you only get it when you pay 2500 but now with Dstv, not only do you get these channels in addition to other quality stations, you get them for free.

Hope you get my drift bro?
btw, how u dey, its been a long tyme bro!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 1:51am On Sep 20, 2010
obnelly:

no wahala,if u dont av time create time and space so that u to can enjoy yourself.this forum is alive because somebody created d time and space, respect to the all active members both in d backyard and front door.
ok sir, I would try and get on the FTA bandwagon soon grin grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2010
@ all

lets at least commend them, to me this is still better than mytv and hitv,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Kx: 10:20am On Sep 20, 2010
This dstv guys just jknow how to increase customer base.
Imagine the thousands that will get hooked on dstv with this addtional frrebies.

In case u dont know, d 32 DMX radio stations alone is worth doing dstv over and above
hitv, mytv,etc. Come to think of it, did hitv ever over anyfree station at the expiration of monthly subsc?

Welcome DSTV.
Keep using ur head to bring products dat will satisfy ur teeming cxtmers.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by zenus(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2010
Nice
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 10:32am On Sep 20, 2010
tcd since those stations will be free to view,do you know you can have it all on hitv too?remember they are on the same sat.if you track dstv u get hitv when you blink scan so its vice a vise.if u dont have subscriptions for hitv you stil enjoy those stations.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2010
to me i think mytv will suffer the consequence not hitv.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by microgint: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2010
obnelly:

tcd since those stations will be free to view,do you know you can have it all on hitv too?remember they are on the same sat.if you track dstv u get hitv when you blink scan so its vice a vise.if u dont have subscriptions for hitv you stil enjoy those stations.

Probably not possible, they may go they way of sky freeview which requires a sky subscription or sky freeview card to watch those channels.

With the sky system when your subscription expires you are left with the freeview channels, alternatively you can purchase a one-off sky decoder and freeview card to watch the channels for life.

without the card you can't see the freeview channels, I suspect it's the same system DSTV wants to apply. Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Ameboperoo(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2010
I thought as much. They may make the channels viewable only with their smartcard.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by obnelly: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2010
microgiant,i thought as much.To them good for them,to us free to air forever.i rest my case.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2010
obnelly:

Hi, I dont think its possible bro. These channels are still encrypted by DSTV and u still need their Decoder and smartcard to  access them. Its just that all Dstv smartcards will be able to decode them without any payment.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Olumogun: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2010
TCD:

No sir, you got me wrong, you do not understand me at all. please read my post again.

here is what i said "
Looking at the above, can anyone tell me why I should pay N3,500 a month for HITV or N2500 for MYTV when I can pay the same N2500/month for DSTV family and get a whole lot better channels and view these stations free when my subscription expires?"

Look Mr DSTv marketer, I just got a dish-less cable Tv decoder (STARTIME) for just N1000/month to give me about 40 channels.
So what on earth has DSTv offered now that is too much?

All these people - Cable Tvs and Telephone -companies - are just milking fat Income from average Nigerians.
Our leaders too are playing ignorant because most of them do not pay for these services.
Any way, thanks to DSTv for relaxing their tight hold on the masses.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
Olumogun:

Look Mr DSTv marketer, I just got a dish-less cable Tv decoder (STARTIME) for just N1000/month to give me about 40 channels.
So what on earth has DSTv offered now that is too much?

All these people - Cable Tvs and Telephone -companies - are just milking fat Income from average Nigerians.
Our leaders too are playing ignorant because most of them do not pay for these services.
Any way, thanks to DSTv for relaxing their tight hold on the masses.
Pls dont insult me by calling me a marketer. I am just a consumer like you. Thank you. Those on NL who know me offline know i have nothing to do with Dstv

Now for your startimes, last time i looked around startimes does not exist outside lagos and good for you you were able to get a good deal on startimes, lucky you but less than 2% of nigerains live in lagos.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Ibaku(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
@all, see why somethings should be coded on nairaland ? U never know who is on !! See how someone is solidly behind a paytv company on a fta forum !!!!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ibaku:

@all, see why somethings should be coded on nairaland ? U never know who is on !! See how someone is solidly behind a paytv company on a fta forum !!!!
hello, please shine your eyes and see that this board is not exclusively an fta forum, it reads "SATELLITE TV TECHNOlOGY". Look well.

And i repeat for your benefit, i'm not associated in any way to Dstv, I only posted information on a new package from them I myself being a consumer. If you want to make me into an enemy then that is your business.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Guyman02: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2010
TCD:

Hi, I dont think its possible bro. These channels are still encrypted by DSTV and u still need their Decoder and smartcard to access them. Its just that all Dstv smartcards will be able to decode them without any payment.
AIT, SILVERBIRD, LTV, MITV, CHANNELS encrypted by DSTV? Na dia papa get am? you must be half-retarded Mr DSTV marketer
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Ayowumie(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
STARTIME offers more than this and it cost just N1,000 grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by abhosts(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
This is a very strategic move that deserves commendation.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by luvhenry(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
how come my radio stations are not working with the 2,500 package?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now / Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.