Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,657 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? (128177 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Free To Air Channels On Hitv / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by onyejify: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2010
TCD:

GO to the Dstv page below, Tell them your subscription just expired, drop your smartcard number and ask them to activate your FreeView channels a customer care rep will attend to it.
DSTv Nigeria OFFICIAL Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/dstvng?r8760a40e&refid=0

Tx
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2010
@TCD, if dstv has d technical know how to switch u off when your subscription expires then why do you hav 2 cal them or go to there facebook page. Look in d Uk u don't ned to cal Sky Uk b4 u watch the free chanels it is there. Dstv is takin Nigerians 4 a ride. Very soon al dis lies would blow up in there faces. I promise u!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
@TCD, do you work for dstv? Those bunch of born liers. For ur info CCTv is not part of dstv channels. Prove me wrong. Pls dont b decieved. Would tell dat wit a free to air mpeg 4 decoder u hav abt 11 good tv stations 4 free.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mr Tcd, there is no doubt that Dstv are doing nigeria no good.They are robbing nigerians. The better u realise this, the better 4 u!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mr Tcd, there is no doubt that Dstv are doing nigeria no good.They are robbing nigerians. The better u realise this, the better 4 u!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2010
olason:

@TCD, if dstv has d technical know how to switch u off when your subscription expires then why do you hav 2 cal them or go to there facebook page. Look in d Uk u don't ned to cal Sky Uk b4 u watch the free chanels it is there. Dstv is takin Nigerians 4 a ride. Very soon al dis lies would blow up in there faces. I promise u!
I dont have the answer to your question per se but the freeview has just been recently launched in Nigeria and If you know anything about computer operations you'd know stuffs like this takes time to programme into the system and implement. Its a gradual process and most people I know including me got ours activated by posting our smartcard no's on fb two weeks ago. They have promised (on fb) to programme it to automatically include all subscribers in the coming days.

In fact, I dont think there has been an official rollout or announcement of the freeview yet.

olason:

@TCD, do you work for dstv? Those bunch of born liers. For your info CCTv is not part of dstv channels. Prove me wrong. Pls dont b decieved. Would tell dat wit a free to air mpeg 4 decoder u hav abt 11 good tv stations 4 free.
No bro, I do not work for Dstv.
Even before the introduction of freeview, subscribers could still view CCTV when their payment expires, this I know for sure.

And yes I agree with you, you can view good stations with FTA.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
Tunsbobo:

lol, very funny.
I choose to see it another way. In fact, Dstv has done more for nigeria than you care to admit. Check out the investment in our local football and basketball league for starters. That is something.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by moonraker(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2010
The peeps who have the technical and business know hw, dont have the cash to promote their skills,

the peeps who have the cash, end up flopping. whether we like it or not, DSTV is the best bet for entertainment

in nigeria, HITV has nigerians in their pockets with the premier league rights, all they shd have done would be to

add more quality channels to the sector and dstv would have been swept under the carpet but nooooo, they (HITV) just

messed up big time,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by alabae: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
To me oo they just bought all their customers local antenna .cos with ur antenna u can get this local channels.but nice one any ways
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tcd, Dstv has only 70% to show premiership matches in Nigeria.BON(Broadcasting organisation of Nigeria) has 30% thats why 'startimes'(which is partly owned by Nta/Bon) show some premiership matches.Other local stations like Ait,galaxy,superscreen and Nta also show some premiership matches, thanks to bon.Therefore, Dstv does not hav total right 2 the premiership.Mind u, Hitv is fighting hard to regain its premiership rights, which was dubiously stolen by Dstv, in a matter of months Hitv would regain their rights and Dstv would be scrapped from nigeria!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tcd, Dstv has only 70% to show premiership matches in Nigeria.BON(Broadcasting organisation of Nigeria) has 30% thats why 'startimes'(which is partly owned by Nta/Bon) show some premiership matches.Other local stations like Ait,galaxy,superscreen and Nta also show some premiership matches, thanks to bon.Therefore, Dstv does not hav total right 2 the premiership.Mind u, Hitv is fighting hard to regain its premiership rights, which was dubiously stolen by Dstv, in a matter of months Hitv would regain their rights and Dstv would be scrapped from nigeria!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by flyndolphin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2010
No thanks to them. They have been making so much money from nigerians for a long time and never thought of such incentive until guys complained.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2010
TCD, People of Nigeria rise up and say no to DSTV'S PACK OF LIES. The following tv stations are not DSTV CHANNELS ON
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2010
TCD, People of Nigeria rise up and say no to DSTV'S PACK OF LIES. The following satellite tv stations are not DSTV CHANNELS ON W/7, CCTV NEWS, KTN, LCF, KBC, NTV TV, CCTV4, CCTVN, MBOA, NTV LOVEWORLDPLUS, K24, THIS STATIONS ARE FREE TO AIR SATELLITE TV CHANNELS AS LONG AS YOU ARE USING AN MPEG4 DECODER. Dstv nawa, the moment your subsciption expires your are automatically switched off immediately. they have the technology to do that but don't have the technology to switch you back on immediately you pay. last month I lost 5days out of the 1 month am suppose to get. REASON; they said they were experiencing system failure. but when is time to switch you off they have never failed to do so. what insult!. Guys more coming
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by siapaya(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2010
are somebody know if DSTV broadcasting in stereo or mono?
Because i think it's mono, my soundsystem didn't detect it as stereo,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by zenus(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2010
Those Nigerian stations are not FTA.
DSTV lie again
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Olason & Zenus

those station are fta completely and even pick them up with my 63x

@siapaya

I guess is Stereo, depend on which channels though,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by siapaya(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
twinskenny:

@Olason & Zenus

@siapaya

Thanks Twinskenny

Can you confirm if the radio is aired in Stereo?
I really need to know whether my Stereo System is broken or the DSTV really not stereo.

Thanksss
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by zenus(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2010
twinskenny:

@Olason & Zenus

@siapaya

I mean these Channels DSTV is calming u can watch them free once ur subscription expire.
LTV
- NTA
- Silverbird TV
- AIT
- Channels
- MiTV
- Mindset Learn
- TBN
- Rhema
- Day Star
- IQRAA
- Islam
- Inspiration TV
- TV Mundial
- Kingdom TV
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by microgint: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
zenus:

Those Nigerian stations are not FTA.
DSTV lie again

Zenus, they didn't claim it's FTA. Please read my post again. It will be FTA only on their decoders and cards.

microgi@nt:

Probably not possible, they may go they way of sky freeview which requires a sky subscription or sky freeview card to watch those channels. 

With the sky system when your subscription expires you are left with the freeview channels, alternatively you can purchase a one-off sky decoder and freeview card to watch the channels for life.

without the card you can't see the freeview channels, I suspect it's the same system DSTV wants to apply. Just my humble opinion.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 2legit2qt(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
@microgi@nt

true talk oga micro. As per DSTV, what they meant was that the stations will be free on their decoders even when subscription is finished.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by zenus(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2010
microgi@nt:

Zenus, they didn't claim it's FTA. Please read my post again. It will be FTA only on their decoders and cards.

you don't get me right.
To me i don't hav time for them
but
My bros 9.5k subscription just finish and those channels dstv said are free did not come up @ all.
He uses dstv decoder and card and his subscription just finish yesterday 26.
So do they select users or What?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Ibaku(m): 2:19am On Sep 28, 2010
TCD:

GO to the Dstv page below, Tell them your subscription just expired, drop your smartcard number and ask them to activate your FreeView channels a customer care rep will attend to it.
DSTv Nigeria OFFICIAL Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/dstvng?r8760a40e&refid=0
@zenus, quit nagging.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by mygee33(m): 6:36am On Sep 28, 2010
I winder what will be wrong with my DSTV. I am on the premiun banquet but most of my chanels (80%) have all gone scrambled. What could be de problem? IO just hope it wouldn't continue till weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad sad sad
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Enigma(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2010
microgi@nt:

When a provider makes channels "free" only to those who have its decoder/card it is better to call this FTV i.e. Free to View because it is not really FTA. FTA, free to air, means that a channel is available to any and all receivers.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by twinskenny(m): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2010
Enigma:

When a provider makes channels "free" only to those who have its decoder/card it is better to call this FTV i.e. Free to View because it is not really FTA. FTA, free to air, means that a channel is available to any and all receivers.

Enigma has done justice to the question, period!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olason(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2010
ENIGMA, COULDN'T AGREE LESS. BROS LONG TIME
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by olafemi(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2010
siapaya:

Thanks Twinskenny

Can you confirm if the radio is aired in Stereo?
I really need to know whether my Stereo System is broken or the DSTV really not stereo.

Thanksss
CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT U GUYZ ARE SAYING,MINE JUST XPIERED AND I CANT STILL WATCH SILVERBIRD,AIT AND CHANNELS FOR FREE OR IS THERE ANY SPECIAL THING I SHOULD DO FOR IT TO WORK?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
olafemi:

CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT U GUYZ ARE SAYING,MINE JUST XPIERED AND I CANT STILL WATCH SILVERBIRD,AIT AND CHANNELS FOR FREE OR IS THERE ANY SPECIAL THING I SHOULD DO FOR IT TO WORK?

you really think dstv will give you anything for free? think again, because left for them, they will sell you the very air you breathe in!  grin
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
YAWN!!!! what else is new? these folks probably stole ur pata nla in the past. very religious in criticising.
why u no buy transmitter and start stations dey broadcast free?

u say the very very free terrestrial stations are'nt good enuf, now the very people who brought the foriegn ones na names u dey call dem. NA BY FORCE TO WAN WATCH OTHER COUNTRIES FREE TV?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
buntu,
looks like your here again? wink
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 2legit2qt(m): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
4llerbuntu:

YAWN!!!! what else is new? these folks probably stole your pata nla in the past. very religious in criticising.
why u no buy transmitter and start stations dey broadcast free?

u say the very very free terrestrial stations are'nt good enuf, now the very people who brought the foriegn ones na names u dey call dem. NA BY FORCE TO WAN WATCH OTHER COUNTRIES FREE TV?

George_D:

buntu,
looks like your here again? wink

Una dey chase each oda everywhere 4 nairaland?
chei, na wa o. 4 dis nairaland, action no dey end. grin grin grin

So, people get ready 4 G vs 4 Part ?? cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now / Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.