Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI (30724 Views)

Prop Firm Practice DIARY. Please Follow Me / Investment With Highest Roi In Nigeria / Low Cost Investment Great Returns, Invest In Student Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:35pm On May 29, 2019
ZOLTAN007:
Why the ceilng without plastering.
Its putting the cart before the horse
It will muddle the ceiling when you start plastering.

Share your thought as to why.
With good expertise in plastering you don't need to worry about it muddling the ceiling,it will be done perfectly because na d work when Dem dey do.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:45pm On May 29, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Good job. I noticed the white sand and I was surprised plus it's quite cost effective. Can the blocks be used for walling a compound and why use white sand?
All colors of sand here are same price,but the white sand is the best for all building works because it's neat and also absorb in to cement quickly than the rest,when mixing you can easily Identify the area with much or less cement,there are lots of good reasons.
In my area I always source for white because I have a good dealer and he sells d double tipper sand for 16k

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:47pm On May 29, 2019
Mizwisdom:

What's the cost of purchasing this ceiling board and what's the brand called?
I don't know the brand,no name on it,I bought 4bundles for 20k,5k per one.

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Mizwisdom(f): 1:49pm On May 29, 2019
Capeverde:

I don't know the brand,no name on it,I bought 4bundles for 20k,5k per one.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Mizwisdom(f): 1:50pm On May 29, 2019
Capeverde:

All colors of sand here are same price,but the white sand is the best for all building works because it's neat and also absorb in to cement quickly than the rest,when mixing you can easily Identify the area with much or less cement,there are lots of good reasons.
In my area I always source for white because I have a good dealer and it sells d double tipper sand for 16k

I'm sure you're not in Lagos
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:51pm On May 29, 2019
Roof work , ceiling work or concluded this afternoon,also the man delivered the sliding window,the glass inside my � he only fixed the frame. So after plastering he is going fixed glass
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:54pm On May 29, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I'm sure you're not in Lagos
South South,what's the cost in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 2:13pm On May 29, 2019
The aluminum for the two windows,kept inside my house till after plastering by Monday

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:02pm On May 30, 2019
Will be starting work by Saturday,the present view

2 Likes

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by JewelBukky(f): 7:38pm On May 30, 2019
@OP... Great job, Well done!

2 Likes

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by okirewaju(f): 5:42am On May 31, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good day to everyone following,we did German flooring and a bit of plastering.
As for the man asking if ceiling will get soil during plastering you can check it out for your self.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by hemanewton: 2:04am On Jun 04, 2019
Well done sir... God bless, I am following you bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 6:10am On Jun 04, 2019
Last weekend I bought few electrical pipes and wire for 5k,iron protector for the window 10k for two.i will upload pictures of the items later, good morning.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by barikay: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2019
In Rivers state before you talk of land have 1 million
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Gosj01(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Great job @op, I like how you record and account for spent expenditures.

How did you deal with Land grabbers (we call them Ọmọ onílé here) from the starting to the roofing of both houses?

You didn't mention the documents given to you at the point of payment for the land.

I guess you are your own bricklayer which makes the spending much lower but do you have any other casual people working with you and how do you pay them?

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2019
Gosj01:

How did you deal with Land grabbers (we call them Ọmọ onílé here) from the starting to the roofing of both houses?

You didn't mention the documents given to you at the point of payment for the land.

I guess you are your own bricklayer which makes the spending much lower but do you have any other casual people working with you and how do you pay them?
Actually we don't land grabber here, although I paid 10k at the initial start of the first building,that covers any building I partake in my land.
I did my own agreement documentation by a reputable lawyer and surveyor,since the seller got the land by inheritance like a share property,I make sure all the elders of the family partake in the process.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2019
Gosj01:

Actually we don't land grabber here, although I paid 10k at the initial start of the first building,that covers any building I partake in my land.
I did my own agreement documentation by a reputable lawyer and surveyor,since the seller got the land by inheritance like a share property,I make sure all the elders of the family partake in the process.
Also there is just one engineer and we did the service ourselves.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Gosj01(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2019
Capeverde:

Also there is just one engineer and we did the service ourselves.

Alright, Thanks Great work! And great environment to build

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
At this stage was surprised for some days people are already pressuring us to lease it out,a guy came today and is even willing to come later to pay for a year and six months.

6 Likes

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by luckaz(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Capeverde:
It started at around July 2017 when we were able to purchase a land for 200k,it's half plot of land 100×50 at community that is not up to 5mins away from the city center.
We were so lucky at that time because we bought the land directly from the owners not those reselling.
I have everything jotted down from day 1, am good at keeping record.

100x50 is our one plot in Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
luckaz:

100x50 is our one plot in Bayelsa
Oh really.
Don't know about that area.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Mznaett: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
Capeverde:
I started this project in my late twenties but hopefully I plan to own at least five buildings before five years time. Operator is a vision lady,with God, hard work I will get there.

So I notice that each passing day I learn more in this building field,I was opportunity to buy a land at my back for my brother,and I supervised the from the moulding of block to the the building of the house.Above is the building .

Can you show us the floor plan of your brother's building?
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
How much did you budget for everything sir?
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
DeejaywonDJ1:
How much did you budget for everything sir?
For my work 300k and with what I have spent so far it may be sufficient.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Mznaett:

Can you show us the floor plan of your brother's building?
Do you mean the size of the floors per room?
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Mznaett: 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Capeverde:

Do you mean the size of the floors per room?

Not only the room size. But also the interior walls, windows, doors, hall ways etc. From here, one would be able to specify their arrangements.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Mznaett:

Not only the room size. But also the interior walls, windows, doors, hall ways etc. From here, one would be able to specify their arrangements.
The door is a block,dpc 3 coaches, the room is 12*12 but if you around and chance, you can come and see it your self.
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Mznaett: 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Capeverde:

The door is a block,dpc 3 coaches, the room is 12*12 but if you around and chance, you can come and see it your self.

The floor plan is what I'm asking for, sir.

Abi na just like that una dey build? No drawing to scale?
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Mznaett:

The floor plan is what I'm asking for, sir.

Abi na just like that una dey build? No drawing to scale?
Am not the owner,his own has a building plan drawn by his engineer,I cant beginning to ask him for his house plan,when he a very busy loaded man,na only me broke.
With what I explain earlier you should have I dear.
As for my one room na we draw the plan with my engineer.

3 Likes

Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Emperornice: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
Capeverde:
The aluminum for the two windows,kept inside my house till after plastering by Monday

Please what's the cost of the aluminum window?
Re: Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI by Capeverde: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
Emperornice:

Please what's the cost of the aluminum window?
10500 per window, net included and the size 4ft wide and 4ft high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please If You Have Any GOOD Means Of Earning Online Please Do Share With Us / 10 Reasons Why MMM Is Dying And Will Soon Be Dead / RIVER RANCH (RIVERRANCH.APP - Is It Scam or Legit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.