Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? (700 Views)

14 Erroneous Beliefs About Love / Is This True About Male And Female (in Regards To Sex) / Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 05, 2019
Why do nigerian parents have this ludicrous beliefs about the male child? Why do they think that just because you're a man, you're supposed to be born with a talent for fixing and repairing any spoilt thing at home? In my house, once the fan or socket has any fault am expected to just know how to fix it. Asif I was born with a talent for fixing things. They will say "you're not a man", I mean if all the men in the world are supposed to be a natural born technician, then I guess nobody would be taking their faulty appliances to the electrician for fixing nah. So tell me why?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by tee59(f): 1:49pm On May 05, 2019
Are you sure they have money for repair?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:06pm On May 05, 2019
It is actually a manly thing to do, shows you can be in charge of your home.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Deepfeel(m): 2:07pm On May 05, 2019
Haba guy don't tell me, you wait for your parents to call in an electricain to come change a simple lightbulb , the thing is men are naturally self dependent , so its normal for a man to know this stuff
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by iammo(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2019
grin

Normal level, including generator management,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Tallesty1(m): 2:14pm On May 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:
It is actually a manly thing to do, shows you can be in charge of your home.
I hope you will say the same thing when a woman complains about doing dishes and cooking just because you're a girl.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:16pm On May 05, 2019
Tallesty1:
I hope you will say the same thing when a woman complains about doing dishes and cooking just because you're a girl.

Do you guys repair things in the house everyday compared to doing dishes and cooking

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by iRepNaija1: 2:35pm On May 05, 2019
futurist369:
Why do nigerian parents have this ludicrous beliefs about the male child? Why do they think that just because you're a man, you're supposed to be born with a talent for fixing and repairing any spoilt thing at home? In my house, once the fan or socket has any fault am expected to just know how to fix it. Asif I was born with a talent for fixing things. They will say "you're not a man", I mean if all the men in the world are supposed to be a natural born technician, then I guess nobody would be taking their faulty appliances to the electrician for fixing nah. So tell me why?

When a child is born, the only thing that child instinctively knows is crying, feeding, and going to the bathroom. What you're describing is a gender role, cultural/societal expectations we put on children the moment we find out their gender. So because you are a man, people expect you to do and know certain things and act in a certain way. But you don't have to know and do those things. The only person you need to please is yourself.

Now, tell me something: why did you post this in the romance section?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 05, 2019
iRepNaija1:

When a child is born, the only thing that child instinctively knows is crying, feeding, and going to the bathroom. What you're describing is a gender role, cultural/societal expectations we put on children the moment we find out their gender. So because you are a man, people expect you to do and know certain things and act in a certain way. But you don't have to know and do those things. The only person you need to please is yourself.

Now, tell me something: why did you post this in the romance section?
which section should I have posted it?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by iRepNaija1: 3:33pm On May 05, 2019
futurist369:
which section should I have posted it?

Not in the romance section obviously. Your question has nothing to do with romance and you know it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by Prognose: 3:36pm On May 05, 2019
futurist369:

You're not a man.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Parents Have This Ludicrous And Erroneous Beliefs About Male? by moorevic(m): 5:32pm On May 07, 2019
Are you sure you are a man yet

futurist369:

(1) (Reply)

Confession: Read My Story Before You Marry Mr. Wrong! / My Life:how Do I Get Rich Now? / Bbnaija 2019: New Housemate Nelson Caught Masturbating (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.