Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again (14850 Views)

Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. / Lack Of Textbooks Causes Mass Failure In Neco Exams -ubeb Official / Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by ada24: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Gaadamit!

One of the things that gets my decrepit blood boiling on NL when I see people like Ranosky doing it.

It is okay to use txtEng (that is how the perpetrators themselves will write it lol) for 1 or max 2 sentences.

But when you are writing 3 paragraphs full of textEnglish, it just shows poor education and/or immense mental laziness. angry

LOL - sorry i mean laughing out loud. grin

bidemi12:

and in another topic some fools are trying to tell me that a lot of good things are happening in Nigeria. good things my foot.

thank God somebody has finally said it.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2010
Odunnu:

These series of failures make my hair stand each time I thnk of the fate of my unborn children.
Who will be the teachers in my children's school days? these failures?God help me!

Sweetie, calm down.

I will work hard so we can send them to boarding school in Switzerland.

Our babies will never fail. grin
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by chika98: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2010
How many Nigerian schooled men/women can speak and write well?
Even the ones in the West! How many can speak without murdering English?
We see 98% of them on this website. Always fighting with English Language. It is no surprise
Some of my uncles in Nigeria who claim to be graduates can't even write comprehensible enough
to meet the standards of an 8th grader here. I can't shout! grin
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Judging by what others have said, the kids are not the only one to blame.

Are the parents actually helping them? I'm not talking about only motivational [abuses].
Do the teachers know what they're teaching and are they trying their hardest to reach out to the students? I.E Can awon omo ile iwe understand what they're learning? If they dont, do they have anyone to go to for more help?

Since you are from Ekiti, at least we now know how you passed your exams.  tongue

That will never happen in Ogun State.  grin cool

I blame the:

Government: For utter failure of the educational system in Nigeria.

Parents: For not mentoring/guiding/forcing/flogging their wards to achieve.

Students: For being pre-occupied with junk, not being serious and lacking foresight.

Creative/Artistic business people: For providing utter junk like Koko Mansion etc that these kids consume. Most creative/artistic people (Lady Gaga, Beyonce etc) have historically rarely been good at encompassing social responsibilities in their work. They are too immensed in shock entertainment and "expressing themselves" than analysing the tertiary impact of their actions. Their type normally dominate broadcast media and need to be regulated somehow by logical thinkers.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by mastercard: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2010
is the problem with neco or student?
but if the problem is from the student let neco also consider the student, after spending six years, at the end is failure, what is the problem, hah sad
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by lwise(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2010
Why then no go fail!

All they know about is boyfriend girlfriend affairs,watching home videos,project fame,premier league,DSTV.I think part of the blame goes to the parent,why should I as a parent pay extra to help my child pass WAEC/NECO or UTME.Doing things like this will never give such child the opportunity to really tap his hidden potentials.If we ar not careful this will have an adverse effect on our future.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Amarui(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2010
Uhmm i laf u ppl ar rare lik d elderz of dis country u se nigeria as a country lose future.witout future anybody or nation is useless dat why nigeria is useles if d elders build d future wel no matter wat .d younth must copy 4ro it so nigeria leaders as made dis country rubish wat do u espect. gudtins is inpossible.if ps2.dstv.internet n more can make country go bad then country lik d usa .sfrican. n d rest country 4 dn useles lik nigeria .so let speak d true nigeria lose future.go to each state u wil se children,s of 5yrs takin care of themself .wat wil ned is gud government altin 9ja recognize d younth then b4 9ja go gud gbam
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by ada24: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
Amarui:

Uhmm i laf u ppl ar rare lik d elderz of dis country u se nigeria as a country lose future.witout future anybody or nation is useless dat why nigeria is useles if d elders build d future wel no matter wat .d younth must copy 4ro it so nigeria leaders as made dis country rubish wat do u espect. gudtins is inpossible.if ps2.dstv.internet n more can make country go bad then country lik d usa .sfrican. n d rest country 4 dn useles lik nigeria .so let speak d true nigeria lose future.go to each state u wil se children,s of 5yrs takin care of themself .wat wil ned is gud government altin 9ja recognize d younth then b4 9ja go gud gbam

no offense but i can't understand what u are saying
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
Amarui:

Txt speak, eh? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
Amarui:

This is the result of our failed education system.

Youths that cannot write good, legible, structured English or even in English. Rubbish textEnglish.

Junk in, Junk out!

If I was your father, I would flog baba nla shege out of you!

26 years old? And you will wonder why you are unemployable. undecided
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by texazzpete(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2010
xterra2:

^^^ Let me continue and ohh there is no gbagaun in the part of my post which you bolded please go and sleep it seems you need it not looking for trouble here
Google "white noises" download and play the sounds it would make you sleep

If you can't see the 'gbagaun' in 'I knew i would passed WAEC', then i'm afraid we can't help you.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
texazzpete:

If you can't see the 'gbagaun' in 'I knew i would passed WAEC', then i'm afraid we can't help you.

Don't forget the part he wrote: "I wrote and passed WAEC"!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by sunnyprof: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2010
The problem is not just Education. what is our value system?

In Nigeria, we have not been taught or we simply don't teach it again to "value our efforts"
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by sunnyprof: 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2010
We simply do not have "Value for quality"

We always think "the end justifies the means" whereas 'How you got something should first be justifiable!!

In Labour and industry matters today, where is "Dignity of Labour" today. We don't believe in the fruit of labour anymore, we simply want to make it 'rich' by saying not "how far but how well". Our culture currently supports this mentality as "the child that brings money home is the one the mother would praise"
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
sunnyprof:

The problem is not just Education. what is our value system?

In Nigeria, we have not been taught or we simply don't teach it again to "value our efforts"

sunnyprof:

We simply do not have "Value for quality"

We always think "the end justifies the means" whereas 'How you got something should first be justifiable!!

In Labour and industry matters today, where is "Dignity of Labour" today. We don't believe in the fruit of labour anymore, we simply want to make it 'rich' by saying not "how far but how well". Our culture currently supports this mentality as "the child that brings money home is the one the mother would praise"

These are examples of how guttered our value systems have degenerated to:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511986.64.html#msg6751836

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511986.64.html#msg6753831

Low morals, low principles.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by sunnyprof: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
We need to let the teeming youth today know that well being is not all about 'riches', wealth goes beyond that.

I believe if you work well, live well and be at peace, you will be confortable no matter what happens in the economy.

There are people who are not millionaires but they are not poor. Most millionares wish they could trade  their wealth for some respites in life. grin

Most of the so called 'Show bizz' which dominates the media is simply mere show off. Investigate many of them when they are not on stage or on media, you will just ask yourself what all the noise were meant for.

I believe in the 'grwoing minds'. They can easily adapt to these if we lead them that way. cheesy

Many regards to all of you on NAIRALAND, you have been great at voicing out what should be and blast what should not. KUDOS TO YOU ALL!!! kiss
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by xterra2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
[size=20pt]NECO Should be cancelled [/size]

The best thing Government should do is cancel NECO
Lets Have WAEC Only if not we keep seeing this failures

Like i said,i wrote WAEC and i was optimistic that i was going to pass so i didnt bother to read for NECO i always went to the Exam Hall Late because of my sleep in the morning
And like i knew,i passed WAEC well,so what is the use of NECO to me?
I wrote SAT back in January,i passed,i wrote JAMB (UTME) i passed and i had amissions in Nigerian university and in Turkish Universities Got the Turkish university admission before i even wrote NECO and got the Nigerian university admission using WAEC and my UTME, so why would i need NECO? Even if i failed WAEC universities in Turkey Awaits my Arrival so it is VERY USELESS to me ,

In my school,there are children like me infact nobody was serious with NECO except only 20 out of 96 that wrote the NECO we didnt want to write but our parents wouldnt agree so we had to succumb,

Some people registered but didnt write why? they have admissions in US,Turkey,and so on, or the other people confident of passing WAEC, i didnt even open my Book for once

If NECO is cancelled,people would take WAEC as Life or Death and do everything to make sure they pass so the failure rate in WAEC would Drop and save people like me from NECO when i dont clearly need it just wasting my time,

You may disagree,but as a student who wrote NECO,JAMB,SAT and got admissions before NECO why the Hell should i be serious with it ?? one girl who is in george washinghton uni got admission before we started WAEC but she wrote just for writing sake.

The best Analysis is from a student
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Since you are from Ekiti, at least we now know how you passed your exams.  tongue

That will never happen in Ogun State.  grin cool

I blame the:

Government: For utter failure of the educational system in Nigeria.

Parents: For not mentoring/guiding/forcing/flogging their wards to achieve.

Students: For being pre-occupied with junk, not being serious and lacking foresight.

Creative/Artistic business people: For providing utter junk like Koko Mansion etc that these kids consume. Most creative/artistic people (Lady Gaga, Beyonce etc) have historically rarely been good at encompassing social responsibilities in their work. They are too immensed in shock entertainment and "expressing themselves" than analysing the tertiary impact of their actions. Their type normally dominate broadcast media and need to be regulated somehow by logical thinkers.
Yes oh, I paased tongue cheesy

@ your analysis, well broken that. Pure and simple!!!!
But why exactly are we shifting the blame on foreign artists? They SHOULD NOT care about Nigeria's education system, they're there to provide internationally entertainment. The blame is on OUR OWN "super stars", it's their home, their ppl, their responsibility to encourage our children that "Knowledge is Power".
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Gamine(f): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
I don't understand why people are screaming about English and Grammar.
What does that mean? How does that contribute to anything? undecided
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yes oh, I paased tongue cheesy

@ your analysis, well broken that. Pure and simple!!!!
But why exactly are we shifting the blame on foreign artists? They SHOULD NOT care about Nigeria's education system, they're there to provide internationally entertainment. The blame is on OUR OWN "super stars", it's their home, their ppl, their responsibility to encourage our children that "Knowledge is Power".

I am not putting blame on foreign artists, I am just using them as example as (1) they are well and easily known to majority (2) I could not think of any local ones, as you might have noted, all that crap is not of interest to me, hence you will hardly find me in the Celebrity section of NL except if I am desperate to lose weight (ala vomiting, as that is what I feel like doing when browsing it).

I blame the local ones that bring them Koko Mansion, BB Africa, Project Fame etc. I appreciate a few of such programmes are light entertainment but when networks binge on such 24/7 at the detriment of programmes that can develop pubescent and teenage kids, it is a huge problem.

We need strong and robust regulation that enforces balance of junk with educative and insightful programmes. To hell with the so-called "liberals", "free-spirits" and "open-minded icons" that want uncontrolled societal institutions.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2010
Gamine:

I don't understand why people are screaming about English and Grammar.
What does that mean? How does that contribute to anything? undecided

English and grammar are an indication of educational depth and quality.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2010
xterra2:

[size=20pt]NECO S[/b]hould be cancelled [/size]

The best thing Government should do is cancel NECO
Lets [b]H[/b]ave WAEC [b]O[/b]nly if not we keep seeing this failures

Like [b]i
sai[b]d,i[/b] wrote WAEC and i was optimistic that i was going to pass so i did[b]nt[/b] bother to read for NECO i always went to the Exam Hall L[/b]ate because of my [b]sleep in the morning
And like i knew,i passed WAEC well,so what is the use of NECO to me?
I wrote SAT back in Januar[b]y,i passed,i [/b]wrote JAMB (UTME) i passed and i had amissions in Nigerian university and in Turkish Universities Got the Turkish university admission before i even wrote NECO and got the Nigerian university admission using WAEC and my UTME, so why would i need NECO? Even if i failed WAEC universities in Turkey A[/b]waits my Arrival so it is VERY USELESS to me , (I am already tired of reading, but I am sure you get the gist)

In my school,there are children like me infact nobody was serious with NECO except only 20 out of 96 that wrote the NECO we didnt want to write but our parents wouldnt agree so we had to succumb,

Some people registered but didnt write why? they have admissions in US,Turkey,and so on,  or the other people confident of passing WAEC, i didnt even open my Book for once

If NECO is cancelled,people would take WAEC as Life or Death and do everything to make sure they pass so the failure rate in WAEC would Drop and save people like me from NECO when i dont clearly need it just wasting my time,

You may disagree,but as a student who wrote NECO,JAMB,SAT and got admissions before NECO [b]why the Hell should i be serious with it ??
one girl who is in george washinghton uni got admission before we started WAEC but she wrote just for writing sake.

The best Analysis is from a student

Honestly, it would have not been a waste of your time to, at least, take only the NECO English exams to practice the use of your punctuations, sentence spacing  and use of capitals.

Thank God it is Turkey you are going for uni. Maybe such would not be noticeable as I wonder how you will use such in unis in an English speaking, developed country.

Furthermore, you did NOT write WAEC, you sat for WAEC exams or you can also say you undertook WAEC exams. [I really can't stop shaking my head]

People, please vote for me as President of Nigeria, the country needs aggressive help.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Not really. Some people are not good in English, but better in another subject.
I.E me. English was not my first language. So when I speak it sometimes, I try to use some Yoruba words in my sentence. E mi o expertise [abi expetisses ni, help me out here cheesy] ninu Englishi.

Sagamite:

I am not putting blame on foreign artists, I am just using them as example as (1) they are well and easily known to majority (2) I could not think of any local ones, as you might have noted, all that crap is not of interest to me, h[b]ence you will hardly find me in the Celebrity section of NL except when I want to lose weight (ala vomiting). [/b]

I blame the local ones that bring them Koko Mansion, BB Africa, Project Fame etc. I appreciate a few of such programmes are light entertainment but when networks binge on such 24/7 at the detriment of programmes that can develop pubescent and teenage kids, it is a huge problem.

We need strong and robust regulation that enforces balance. To hell with the so-called "liberals", "free-spirits" and "open-minded icons" that want uncontrolled societal institutions.

Ok, now I get what you're saying.
ROTFLMAO  @ the bolded
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Gamine(f): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

You don't say!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not really. Some people are not good in English, but better in another subject.
I.E me. English was not my first language. So when I speak it sometimes, I try to use some Yoruba words in my sentence. E mi o expertise [abi expetisses ni, help me out here cheesy] ninu Englishi.

There is a threshold.

I am not say you has to be English Professor to shown your educations is of adequate depth and qlity. Wat I am says is dat it is highly unliklies u wil mit dat threshold if u type in Eng lk I am typg now.

For you to be adequately good at other subjects, you will reach a minimum threshold in your language of learning.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

There is a threshold.

I am not say you has to be English Professor to shown your educations is of adequate depth and qlity. Wat I am says is dat it is highly unliklies u wil mit dat threshold if u type in Eng lk I am typg now.

For you to be adequately good at other subjects, you will reach a minimum threshold in your language of learning.
OMG, at first, I thought you were serious @ the bolded part. Oju mi poyi die.

Yea, but there is no "set" threshold, it differs with each individuality. What you  perceive as "Lack of", might be others' maximum threshold. But I get what you're saying tho.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

I disagree with you on this.you don't measure academic performance solely on ability to speak or write English.What will you say about countries that don't speak English at all,don't they have intelligent people ?
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I disagree with you on this.you don't measure academic performance solely on ability to speak or write English.What will you say about countries that don't speak English at all,don't they have intelligent people ?

That is in reference to Nigeria, otherwise:

Sagamite:

There is a threshold.

Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Odunnu: 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Sweetie, calm down.

I will work hard so we can send them to boarding school in Switzerland.

Our babies will never fail. grin
Are you also my husband?What number are you?
My memory fails me these days and I forget a lot of things.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by semid4lyfe(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ Sagamite
Are you always this angry?

Coolu temper o!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Sagamite(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
Odunnu:

Are you also my husband?What number are you?
My memory fails me these days and I forget a lot of things.

[Looks at her like "Whadda . . . ."]

[size=14pt]NO 1[/size], shawtie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari To Speak At Chatam House On Thursday - Premium Times / Wike Sacks Kelvin Wachuku As Commissioner 6 Months After Appointment / Daura People Pray For Buhari's Recovery & Good Health(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.