Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison (36559 Views)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Man Reverses His Car From V.I. To Ikoyi In Lagos, See Reactions (Pics/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 12:13am On May 06, 2019
Goodday everyone.

Please I have a serious challenge and don't know how to go about it, so I decided to put it up in this forum hoping for advice from fellow NairaLanders.

2 years ago my elder brother (who is actually the only brother I have) went to China in search of greener pastures. I was about rounding up my first degree so we hardly communicate then.
When I finished late last year, we had lots of time to gist via WhatsApp voice and video call option, and less often the chat.

Last 2 months being March, Specifically on 23rd I chatted him up telling him that I was with my girlfriend and wanted him to say HI to her being her birthday. He said he was already asleep but will speak with her the next day.

The next day being Sunday 24th March he didn't come online and that have been the case till now.
I was less bothered, thinking he wanted to stay off social media for a while. Weeks passed by still no way to reach him. His number either doesn't connect or am automatically transfered to voicemail.
My Sister then decided to chat up one of his friend he usually tag on FaceBook who is in China to ask about his whereabout, and his friend told her that on that Sunday morning the Chinese Police raided his apartment and arrested him for financial fraud.

My NYSC orientation camp was a less pleasant experience because it was there that I got the news. My parents were informed but could do nothing about it since they don't have any contact in China.

I asked my brother's Chinese friend if he knows the prison my brother was put in, he replied no, and due to his incomplete papers he wouldn't be able to move around and make inquiry's.
He constantly assured me and my family that my brother will be released, its just a matter of time.

Am just scared of the fact that I haven't even spoken with my brother for so long and considering the bad press about Chinese prison what his fate will be.

Please can anyone best advice me on how to reach my brother to know what is going on... Maybe how to contact the the Chinese Police or just anything positive on the issue.

Cause I don't even know if he is alive.
I dont know the prison he is in and how long he will be staying there.
I don't even know how to console my parents anytime they ask me about him.
Am just blank, and it hurts.

I wonder if these tears will ever leave my eyes.

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

I call on the Moderators of this great forum to please push this post to FrontPage so as to reach wider audience.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by s3nn2x(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2019
Contact the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing or the consulate in Shanghai

158 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 12:16am On May 06, 2019
s3nn2x:
Contact the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing or the consulate in Shanghai

Thanks for your response.

How will I do that Sir.

Is it via email or am to go to a place?

Am in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by danielck22(m): 12:19am On May 06, 2019
This is really heartbreaking,
Please always put him in prayers, God will surely vindicate him.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 12:21am On May 06, 2019
danielck22:

Amen.

Thanks for the encouragement.

9 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by ropodinho3633(m): 1:24am On May 06, 2019
Your brother stay in Guangdong, that's Guangzhou to be precise, to tell you the bitter truth nobody can go and check your brother in the prison cos 80% of Nigerians in Guangzhou don't have paper. If your brother has paper ( student permit) the police will notify the school and the school will tell his friend to contact his family in Nigeria. But if your brother don't have paper that's another wahala and they will now check is urine maybe he smoke weed another wahala again if he smoke.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by TANID(m): 1:26am On May 06, 2019
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 1:27am On May 06, 2019
ropodinho3633:
Your brother stay in Guangdong, that's Guangzhou to be precise, to tell you the bitter truth nobody can go and check your brother in the prison cos 80% of Nigerians in Guangzhou don't have paper. If your brother has paper ( student permit) the police will notify the school and the school will tell his friend to contact his family in Nigeria. But if your brother don't have paper that's another wahala and they will now check is urine maybe he smoke weed another wahala again if he smoke.

His papers are not complete and he didn't go with student Visa, I think he went with Visitors Visa.

I doubt he smokes weed.

Please how do you suggest I reach him?

4 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 2:03am On May 06, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I understand ur pain sir,just be prayerful, there's nothing God cannot do.

Thanks for the response.

Am grateful for the encouragement.

4 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Lexusgs430: 2:23am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Thanks for the response.

Am grateful for the encouragement.

Two names..........

Abike Dabiri............

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 2:48am On May 06, 2019
meobizy:
How Nigerians always manage to jump into trouble overseas always surprises me.
If I start arranging his transgressions I fit chop ban for being inconsiderate.

OP, don’t answer this troll.
He wants to know your specific ethnic group so he can paint them all as criminals.
When this thread hits front page his fellow trolls will troop out of the wood works, asking the same stupid questions.
Don’t entertain them.

Thanks for the response.

Didn't notice that earlier, will act accordingly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 2:49am On May 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Two names..........

Abike Dabiri............

Just read about her, any idea how I can reach out to her or someone else who might be of help...

Sadly am desperate, can't even sleep at night.

2 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Yameater(m): 3:18am On May 06, 2019
It shall be well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 3:27am On May 06, 2019
Yameater:
It shall be well

Thanks for the response.

Amen.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Abortedfetus(m): 3:40am On May 06, 2019
Guy,I know you care about your brother.but don't go and add salt to an already open wound.
since he was caught on financial issues which can be for any reason from being indebted to not doing a job paid for by a customer.
give him a little more time cos he might be on top of d issue.
no go cast his parole.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by ropodinho3633(m): 3:42am On May 06, 2019
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color][quote author=Soul47 post=78139056]

His papers are not complete and he didn't go with student Visa, I think he went with Visitors Visa.

I doubt he smokes weed.

Please how do you suggest I reach him?

Firstly.... He don't have paper
Secondly..... You said you doubt if he smokes weed
Lastly.... To the real crime u said fraud, fraud is a great offense in China after drug. China government don't have mercy at all, nothing like human right here. Your brother has been taken to the city where the woman he fraud lived.( What i mean is that as your brother based in Guangzhou and fraud someone in chengdu police will come from chengdu and arrest him then put him in chengdu prison). Don't waste your time writing Nigeria embassy they can't do anything they are crap.
None of his friends can no where dey take him to cos is even a plane they will to carry him to that province unless is not far. even them self right now will be running up and down for their dear life cos your brother can mention their names. Again if any of his friends call you and request for money and that dey want to get lawyer for him is A COMPLE LIE O.
Nigeria people believe in prayers than doing the right thing so pray very hard, he will be fine there in prison also a time is coming police will give him phone to call his family.... He will definitely call tell mama and Papa to calm down and pray for him

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 3:51am On May 06, 2019
Abortedfetus:
Guy,I know you care about your brother.but don't go and add salt to an already open wound.
since he was caught on financial issues which can be for any reason from being indebted to not doing a job paid for by a customer.
give him a little more time cos he might be on top of d issue.
no go cast his parole.

Thanks for the response.

What you said is right...

I wonder if I can actually not do anything and still hope things will get better...

I don't think I can sit around that. And so far I have not said and will not say anything that will indict him.

All am asking for is a means to reach him or one who can help me with the case.

Once again, thanks for your response.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by ruggedtimi(m): 4:29am On May 06, 2019
He was arrested obviously for doing picking Job. I hope he comes out soon.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by oshobugie22: 4:36am On May 06, 2019
Sighs may God Almighty be with your bro, going to an international prison is one of the worse things that can happen to a man especially if it’s Asia.

China itself is a very big country so I doubt if you can know the exact prison he was taken to so I’ll urge you to pray for him that’s all and don’t make the same mistake he made by going to China without solid plans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by chukxie(m): 5:13am On May 06, 2019
Sorry for the predicament your family is in because of your brother. If your brother was picked up by the police in Guangzhou say for a crime committed in Guangzhou, chances are your brother is being held up in a jailhouse in Guangzhou. But if he was picked up in Guangzhou for a crime committed say in Chengdu, chances are your brother is being held in a jailhouse in Chengdu ( the jurisdiction where the crime was committed). To find out what happened to your brother you should ask his friends ( I'm assuming he has some) in Guangzhou if they have any information with regards to where your brother's being incarcerated. If you're lucky to glean any information from them, then you should contact the Nigerian consulate in Guangzhou for further help.
One more thing: Is your brother the guy who was picked up in his apartment alongside a Filipino girl in Guangzhou about two months ago?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by dingbang(m): 5:51am On May 06, 2019
Stay back in Nigeria and manage with us, problem!

9 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Olatunji1929: 6:03am On May 06, 2019
danielck22:
God will do wetin

37 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Chimezirim121: 6:05am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

How will I do that Sir.

Is it via email or am to go to a place?

Am in Nigeria.
Search for their contact online.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by ednut1(m): 6:06am On May 06, 2019
I wonder why people still risk illegal immigrattion in these days con do fraud join. Omo ur bro is done for

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by ednut1(m): 6:07am On May 06, 2019
danielck22:
god told him to over stay his visa or do fraud Before pple do crime think of ur fam biko

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Poses At The Scene Of Accident In Ghana (Photos) / Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes / Tanker Explodes In Omurelu, Rivers State. Many Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.