Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison (36658 Views)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Man Reverses His Car From V.I. To Ikoyi In Lagos, See Reactions (Pics/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by demmyzenny(m): 7:36am On May 06, 2019
come to brekete family radio program here in Abuja host by Ahmed isa ....he will help u out

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by fkj950ax(m): 7:41am On May 06, 2019
Soul47:

Thanks for your response.

How will I do that Sir?

Is it via email or am to go to a place?

Am in Nigeria.

I am in Nigeria. Not Am in Nigeria.

I'd advise you contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or try and engage Abike Dabiri on Twitter or Instagram.

If your brother committed a crime, he will be tried and convicted. The best you can get him is a good legal representative from the person and ministry mentioned. The Chinese embassy here won't help you much.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by mikkyjay(m): 7:41am On May 06, 2019
technuel:
My brother first of all I want to console you on your odeal
It hurts because I know my junior brother faced the same fate like two years ago but not in China

All you need to do now is to reach out to Nigerian Embassy in China put a call to them or email them. If you have anyone in the ministry of foreign affairs he or she can help you out too.

Secondary Prayer: Prayer works, when my brother was incarcerated he was charged to court and their offence was 10 years imprisonment but my mother have to embark on a one week long fasting and prayer and on the day she ended that fasting my brother called that he has been released. Just like that, he said on the day of their final judgement the judge that was handling cased looked at then for a while and ordered for their release. So you can see prayer is the key to any problem.

Don't worry Your brother will come out and meet all of you his loved ones.

What if he actually committed the financial fraud?
God will just do magic and he will come out just like that?
Nigerians sef!!

8 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by uuzba(m): 7:43am On May 06, 2019
GazzuzzAutos:

You can/should do nothing but wait. Anything..... , they even execute their ministers if caught on corruption charges so you can imagine what. They will do to a Foreigner?

And the foreigner come and be Black!
From a country that is well known for Kwaruption!

5 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 7:50am On May 06, 2019
your brother is Fraudster in china, and to top it up he is illegal, china is worst for human rights. especially when a nigerian is involved.

Guy, just forget about your brother, they probarbly have executed him Already.. Or put him in one of their notorious jails were he will work for 22 hours making made in china products. trust me i know.

Who da hell goes to china? to do what? if not to purchase their cheaply made hand bags or shoes. He.waa definitely Arrested in chocolate city. that's were all the Nigerians (especially IGBOs) resides. Jobless and Hustling as they call it.

There are hundreds of Nigerians in various Chinese prisons languishing, Some have died and since buried as a result of the poor condition of chinese prisons and beating by the prison officers.

Nigerians/Africans should stay away from China, unless they are going there as tourists or to purchase goods..

For those suggesting he should pray, praying would be a total waste of time and energy. he will be doing a long jail term 15 to 20 years, that's if he is still alive. The other nigerians there will not and can't do anything for him as they are Afraid of getting Arrested too for living illegaly in china. China is worst for human rights, they jail, execute their own people. let alone a Nigerian fraudster.

6 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by uuzba(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:
If he had no papers and was committing financial crimes, then he probably deserves the trouble he's in. If he was arrested by mistake, that is another case.
This is our Nigerian problem. A person will go overseas for criminal activities. The family will all be in full knowledge. They won't condemn him, they won't talk. You won't see any story on social media.

A. If the person returns unharmed and gives them some cash $ ¥ € £, they will dance to church, praise him for doing "Well".

B. If the person is caught by the foreign police and sent to jail, you will see the family here, pretending like they never knew the member was into criminal activities.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by mikkyjay(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2019
In fact at this point I now believe nigeria is finally messed up.
Can you imagine people using God's name to support evil?
What is wrong with Nigerians? How can we continue to support crimes and even to the extent of using God's name to pray for it?
Ewwooo! Chai
This country is finished, one was even giving testimonies of how God supposedly helped her husband get smaller sentence for a whole drug offence to South Africa. Chai!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 7:58am On May 06, 2019
GazzuzzAutos:

You can/should do nothing but wait. Anything else is an action in futility.

no papers, he will be deported after serving his time.

If a crime was committed, he will serve his time.

He will/might only be given a phone to call you if his case goes from bad-worse, the call will be a good bye call.

Asia is not Europe or America, they frown seriously at any type of crime, they even execute their ministers if caught on corruption charges so you can imagine what. They will do to a Foreigner?

Absolutely correct. who da hell goes to china? if not to purchase their cheaply made products or for tourism. china is worst for human rights.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by janejive(f): 8:01am On May 06, 2019
May God see you and your family through all these.

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 8:01am On May 06, 2019
uuzba:

This is our Nigerian problem. A person will go overseas for criminal activities. The family will all be in full knowledge. They won't condemn him, they won't talk. You won't see any story of social media.

A. If the person returns unharmed and gives them some cash $ ¥ € £, they will dance to church, praise him for doing "Well".

B. If the person is caught by the foreign police and sent to jail, you will see the family here, pretending like they never knew the member was into criminal activities.
You can't blame their families, i think most times their families don't know what their sons or daughters do in foreign countries. because they are told different by their criminal sons or daughters.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Nobody: 8:04am On May 06, 2019
demmyzenny:
come to brekete family radio program here in Abuja host by Ahmed isa ....he will help u out
How? he will change the chinese justice system? and order the chinese to release a criminal? and all the other hundreds of Nigerians in various chinese prisons?

2 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2019
ropodinho3633:
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for the response.

So we should expect his call soon.

Thanks.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2019
ruggedtimi:
He was arrested obviously for doing picking Job. I hope he comes out soon.

I hope so too.

Thanks for the response.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:07am On May 06, 2019
oshobugie22:
Sighs may God Almighty be with your bro, going to an international prison is one of the worse things that can happen to a man especially if it’s Asia.

China itself is a very big country so I doubt if you can know the exact prison he was taken to so I’ll urge you to pray for him that’s all and don’t make the same mistake he made by going to China without solid plans.

Thanks a lot for this response.

Am grateful.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2019
chukxie:
Sorry for the predicament your family is in because of your brother. If your brother was picked up by the police in Guangzhou say for a crime committed in Guangzhou, chances are your brother is being held up in a jailhouse in Guangzhou. But if he was picked up in Guangzhou for a crime committed say in Chengdu, chances are your brother is being held in a jailhouse in Chengdu ( the jurisdiction where the crime was committed). To find out what happened to your brother you should ask his friends ( I'm assuming he has some) in Guangzhou if they have any information with regards to where your brother's being incarcerated. If you're lucky to glean any information from them, then you should contact the Nigerian consulate in Guangzhou for further help.
One more thing: Is your brother the guy who was picked up in his apartment alongside a Filipino girl in Guangzhou about two months ago?

Yes. He is the one. His friends said he is in Guangzhou.

How did you know about the case?

I will appreciate a response from you.

2 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2019
Chimezirim121:

Search for their contact online.

I have done that and sent a mail.

Thanks for referring me to her.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2019
ednut1:
I wonder why people still risk illegal immigrattion in these days con do fraud join. Omo ur bro is done for

Not encouraging but thanks.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2019
[quote author=Chimezirim121 post=78140799][/quote]

Thanks for sharing the number. Will call them ASAP
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2019
crackhouse:
It's well.

Amen.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2019
birdie:
It's well bro, while acting on the advice you've received so far, look after yourself. Worries are needless and always pray.

Godspeed!

Thanks for the response.

Will do that.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:16am On May 06, 2019
tolugar:

Op,
Follow up on this lead.

I have done that... Hoping he responds
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by kenzosky: 8:17am On May 06, 2019
Ujuvals1:
@Soul47
My dear i am sorry for what you and your family are passing through but trust me it will be alright even though it may take a long while.

My family encountered similar issue even worse, we are two in our family just myself and kid brother.

He travelled out six years ago to Brazil while i got married three years ago.I have long lost my mum so it was just me and my dad.

My husband did my bride price and i got pregnant he said he wanted to travel out and will be back soon.

My dear i was two months pregnant living with my father when i was told my husband had been arrsted for drug offence i didnt hear from him again.

I went into depression, pregnancy, cashlessness and a father to take care of, i called my brother and cried my heart out he was pushed to redeem the family out pf poverty and frustration.

My dear that is how he carried drugs from brazil swallowed it and almost died and headed to South Africa enroute to Nigeria.

Himself and four of his friends left for that journey, i never knew he entered drugs just to raise money and help us as i was already nine months, frustrated with a father to feed.

My dear this is true life story, immediately he moved he called me his coming to Nigeria i was happy praying never knowing what laid ahead.

Two days later he called that himself and his four friends have been arrested in South Africa with drugs,Jesus i ran madddddd......i entered labour self immediately from the tears and frustration.

Thats how i birthed with tears and it was God all through, i told my dad about what happened and the man almost died.Few weeks later he called saying he needed 500,000 for lawyer else he stands a risk of being imprisoned for fifteen years chai.

Me wey never see 1000, well i cried and taught i would die, i cried ooo, my heart broke, i birthed a boy but sadness all over.My baby father made no contact for three years my dear.

I eventually got up, prayed and asked God to save me.I had stitches after child birth and was told to stay on bed rest for a while but i couldnt with all my problem.

Immediately i got home i dropped the baby with a neighbor and hit the street going to every of my uncle asking for help to raise lawyer money for my brother, my dear they all failed.They even mocked us that he shpuld test prison and see is not easy who told him to carry drugs.

My father was there asking me daily to talk to his son or he would die, chai.

I later had to give myself brain and spoke to my brother, he sounded strong initially telling me to be strong for him to take care of the family, that his friends have been sentenced to ten years and his thế last awaiting judgement i should just believe is ten or twelve yeats i should hold on throughout and kiss my baby for him.

I swear as am typing am even crying but am trying to tell u a real story to encourage you.I went to hustle by calling all my contacts that am into books selling, luckily for me, a lecturer friend gave me contract to stock school libray, i did that with the pain and stitches in my body after childbirth but i was determined to raise that lawyer money.

I did that and after that i made 150,000 from it.i quickly sent it to him asking him to deposit for lawyer, next i started going to island to look for things to resell, infact God was with me, within two months i raised another 70,000 and forwarded to him.Mind you all the people he knew failed him no support at all.

After i had sent the 220k in total, the lawyer came in and fought for him, told the court he had a job in Brazil which is true although the pay was small but he was pushed after his sister went into labour and the pressure from home was much etc, also his a firat time offender and his enroute Nigeria and not SA, sth like that sha. i was told to produce a lot of document thats how i kept running up and down like a mad woman, i slimed down to brown stick, people who came to greét me for the birth of my baby kept asking are you ok,chai i suffered.

I didnt even have time for myself or the baby, i kept sending him money to buy a phone there so we could communicate with him, if he buys this week nextweek they will seize it, upper week i send and they seize he buy again they seize infact it was a life time challenge i cannot forget.

After five months of awaiting trial he was sentenced to four years, to serve two years and two is suspended, chai i did it, all alone.Jehova be praised.I encouraged my dad all though telling him to be strong but in my room i cried.My father lived through it cos i stood like a lion and never gave up.

To the glory of God he started his sentence after he had wasted six months awaitig trial which was cancelled as it wasnt counted.He started serving and i kept praying, at some point we couldnt communicate but i had hope is not over he is alive he will be back someday.

To the glorify of God, he came back this year february 2019, instead of being deported to make matters worse for us here in naija,a Sputh African woman helped him to cross over and he was allowed to enter Nigeria after he had finished serving.

He came back looking so good against my initial thought of him looking sick and out.i cried and was mad with excitemnet.My father laid down on the sand and rolled to God thanking him, only son chai.we suffered, but is over.

Guess what three years down,my husband suddenly appeared released after been incommunicado for three years his son is a fine healthy boy of three years, finally is over.

Why did i write u long epistle is to tell you that people have seen it, have hope and faith for God is alive.

He isnt dead,chinese prisons dont give easy access to cellphone to call but know that one day he will call.

Be strong for your parents, dont be weak, encourage them, tell them is ok, that his fine. Tel tham that his friend said his ok, because sad news can kill them due to old age.Just tell them his ok but cant communicate.

Nobody can go there to see him, security is tight, my brother case nobody could,hmmmmm na drug oooo who go go?

Be prayerful, go to God and tell him to help ur family, do you know how i raised all that money i dont know, i havent even touched such fund in my life but when challenge came my determination pushed me to save my brother.He was the only one in his clique that got the easiest sentebce in a good cell.

So dont loose hope, his not dead, yes you hear stories that jail is tough thats true but it wont kill him it will only make him tougher thats the truth so dont worry he will be back one day,it may take long but he will.Stay strong, dont give up.

If you want to start contacting embassy, honestly naija is sth else the process will drain you emotionally, financially and yet you may not achieve any tangible result because he didnt go on student visa.

DONT GIVE UP, STAY STRONG, HE WILL COMMUNICATE SOON.BE STRONG FOR YOUR PARENTS ok.May God make it easy for you in jeaus name.Amen.
You are indeed a very nice person, the universe will never forget you for your good deeds. Mark my words. Love and joy is your portion. Amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:17am On May 06, 2019
blackpanda:
When he finally comes out pls tell him to return home. Nigerians shld stop going to these wicked countries, most especially without papers. If u must immigrate, go to Canada or Europe where there is human rights biko. In China u can die at anytime. Your brother might even be innocent. But I believe he will soon be released.

Cheers. It is well

Thanks for the comment.

Am encouraged.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:18am On May 06, 2019
Oshin56:
The only thing you can do for him if you have faith in God pray fervently for him but if your faith is not up to mustard seed I will advice you to go by the way of traditional because asia prison is not a prison to serve especially chinese prison before you know they will be planning to harvest his kidney which I pray that will not happen

Thanks for the response.

God won't let such.

I keep praying as you have adviced.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by tiwiex(m): 8:18am On May 06, 2019
Abortedfetus:
Guy,I know you care about your brother.but don't go and add salt to an already open wound.
since he was caught on financial issues which can be for any reason from being indebted to not doing a job paid for by a customer.
give him a little more time cos he might be on top of d issue.
no go cast his parole.

He is in prison already for an alleged crime. What else could go wrong?

1 Like

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2019
[quote author=sisisioge post=78140930]Chai! Read this and some comments with my heart slamming! He must be going nuts right now being in an unknown prison with those unethical lot! Whew! It is well. May goodness be with him...I hope all others in the same vice are learning from this. It is well.[/quote[b][/b]]

Thanks for the response.

It's well.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:20am On May 06, 2019
mmadu5:
wow chinese prison and your complaining what would you now do if it was ikoyi prison or Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison

There's no certainty as to where he is and how long he will be staying there, that's why we are worried over here.

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:20am On May 06, 2019
Erastuslove:
Since you said he is ur ONLY brother.... I throw mercy on his path now and let him be shown MERCY AND RELEASED IN JESUS NAME...AMEN

Amen.

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by denitro(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2019
Hire a chinese lawyer to locate the whereabout of your brother. It's easy. search for law firms in china online.
Within weeks, they will update you on your brother's issue.
Just be ready to spend some $$$

3 Likes

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2019
zeromeridian:
What's his name? Let's start from there

Am scared putting it up here. But I can send it to you privately.

How will I do that?

Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:22am On May 06, 2019
lefulefu:
at least thank god it was fraud he did and not drugs cos dat one na instant execution tinns.hmm op i dont know wat to tell u cos if i advise u cos if i suggest i go complain to our embassy dat wil be a complete waste of time cos our embassies are lifeless.anyway just pray and hope 4 d best.

Thanks for the response.

Will act accordingly.
Re: What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison by Soul47(m): 8:24am On May 06, 2019
GazzuzzAutos:

You can/should do nothing but wait. Anything else is an action in futility.

no papers, he will be deported after serving his time.

If a crime was committed, he will serve his time.

He will/might only be given a phone to call you if his case goes from bad-worse, the call will be a good bye call.

Asia is not Europe or America, they frown seriously at any type of crime, they even execute their ministers if caught on corruption charges so you can imagine what. They will do to a Foreigner?

Hmmmm...

I wonder where that leaves my brother.

I just hope he calls soon.

Thanks for the respons.

Is there no way for me to know if he will be serving the crime and how long?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover / Nigeria Railway Takes Delivery Of Five 68-Seater Coaches: Pic / Canada Immigration Express Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.