Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. (8721 Views)

If You Know You Are Genius, Pls Come In. / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
I have never had a physical or personal encounter with the spiritual/supernatural.

I believe I lack enough information to prove that what happened was not spirirtual.
However, the day I personally encounter such "possessed" creatures, I beleive I would have a totally natural and unspiritual explanation for the incident.
Well said.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
I would like to see a Skeptic disprove the Osanyin supernatural attributions.

Osanyin is the Yoruba God of medicine. And one of it features is that it speaks audibly. However, I have personally dismantled this idol in search of that which speaks inside it. I have not make a single success till date. There are dolls that can talk, but they are equipped with a device that make them talk. The case is different from Osanyin...hence, my ground stand that there are still some unexplainable natural phenomenon which I call supernatural that exist out there.

I only need an atheist to come out. I personally will take you to Osanyin priest and will allow us to inspect it.

Also, there is this famous Babalawo in my locality. He is called Baba Eletu. He handle case of stealing. His job is to catch the culprit, and he does this by applying some gunpowder to the palm of the suspects. Bros, the suspect can not hold the powder for 10 secs after some incantation is initiated to make it work. And from my observations, those that got their hand burnt always confess they stole or know about the missing item. I mean 100%.

And you guys know what, I bought gun powder supplied by a gunsmith in my locality. And asked some of my friends to take my money behind me. Did all the formalities like the Baba and nothing worked. The Baba usually does sampling to prove efficacy of this charm by asking people to free take his phone or money behind him... And he simply applies his powder and recant some incantation. The hand that touch the phone will get burnt within seconds.

At a point, I thought the charm works with fear. A case was brought to him which I witnessed. A chief found out his smoked bush meat is missing in the farm. So he parked all the people living in the farm community to Eletu. At the first instance, no one get his/her hand burnt. The Baba enquired further since the original thief is not among the people. He asked enquired if the thief is from another community but nothing happened. He then enquired if the thief is a human or some animal...immediately, outcome shows it is animal. He further enquire if it is wild animal or dog, the charm reveal it is dog. So all dog owners were parked on a single file and Baba enquire whose dog it is that stole the meat...believe you me, it happens like a flash. Findings show that the dog who's owner hand got burnt indeed took the meat.

There is no harm in these. Firstly disprove that Osanyin talks with a audio device, and or let us test the efficacy of Baba Eletu charm.

We might talk and argue till tomorrow but won't prove anything. The real job is out there and we can walk easily to it and get results.

Why not invite them to a public forum to display their magic? I will advise you to take that baba to police intelligence departments, they will need him there for investigative purpose then we will know if his powers are actually real and not tricks.

How I wish we can organize a program in Nigeria that will challenge anyone with paranormal powers or supernatural powers in public and thorough investigations will be done.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by StrikeBack(m): 12:33am On May 09, 2019
LordReed:
Talking Osanyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPimX-ZiCY

LoL, reminds me of those children toys with a kind of whistle that sounds out when you squeeze the toy. LMFAO!
Osayin sef dey high.. Bad Badoo baddest grin
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 2:59am On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

I have found out that people without a sceptical mindset are eager to believe that is why 419 thrives. When someone comes to you with a fantastical claim, if you are ignorant or you assume the person as trustworthy then you believe them while the skeptic takes a step back and examines all the angles.

Real foolish fuckery.
Reminds me of Mavrodi's MMM. It was big business amongst believers!

2 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2019
tintingz:

Why not invite them to a public forum to display their magic? I will advise you to take that baba to police intelligence departments, they will need him there for investigative purpose then we will know if his powers are actually real and not tricks.

How I wish we can organize a program in Nigeria that will challenge anyone with paranormal powers or supernatural powers in public and thorough investigations will be done.

How you wish someone would bring charm to public forum.... Why can't YOU bring it to the public? Why are you avoiding the opportunity to bring it to public? Why should someone do the job for you, why not YOU?

It was in BBC recently that a Man can stop a rain or deflect it with leaves and herbs. If folks like you were told about it, you would only rant and wish someone else can go and confirm it. Not until recently I learnt there is a scientific ways of stopping rain. But if there hasn't been scientific explanation yet, you fools will disapprove it. Makes me wonder if what the west approve should be absolute. Why can't you just man up and come out of your fuccking hole?

In my university days, a plant science student investigated potency of local herbs. He found out in his research that the herb mixture he bought from a herb seller (probably an illiterate) can potentially treat and or cure malaria. The surprise was that herb seller cannot explain or identify the chemical contents of the herb...but she was sure it worked. It was the science guy who listed out these contents and briefed us how each chemical affects our system. If this herb was probably brought to you lazy a.ssho.les, you would have thrown it away and call it names.

For your info, the Divisional Police Headquarter always work hand to hand with Baba Eletu. Atleast, they have picked up criminals from his compound and charged to court for crime.

You see I don't have strength for long tying. The challenge is up for you or anyone to pick. Do it by YOURSELF and stop looking for someone to bring it into publicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

How you wish someone would bring charm to public forum.... Why can't YOU bring it to the public? Why are you avoiding the opportunity to bring it to public? Why should someone do the job for you, why not YOU?

It was in BBC recently that a Man can stop a rain or deflect it with leaves and herbs. If folks like you were told about it, you would only rant and wish someone else can go and confirm it. Not until recently I learnt there is a scientific ways of stopping rain. But if there hasn't been scientific explanation yet, you fools will disapprove it. Makes me wonder if what the west approve should be absolute. Why can't you just man up and come out of your fuccking hole?

In my university days, a plant science student investigated potency of local herbs. He found out in his research that the herb mixture he bought from a herb seller (probably an illiterate) can potentially treat and or cure malaria. The surprise was that herb seller cannot explain or identify the chemical contents of the herb...but she was sure it worked. It was the science guy who listed out these contents and briefed us how each chemical affects our system. If this herb was probably brought to you lazy a.ssho.les, you would have thrown it away and call it names.

For your info, the Divisional Police Headquarter always work hand to hand with Baba Eletu. Atleast, they have picked up criminals from his compound and charged to court for crime.

You see I don't have strength for long tying. The challenge is up for you or anyone to pick. Do it by YOURSELF and stop looking for someone to bring it into publicity.

The potency of herbs is way different from claiming spirits exist.

BTW give link to this BBC article where a man is said to stop rain with herbs.

3 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

- I don't have problem with use of herbs, i take herbs as well, what I'm yet to see evidence for is the claim of supernatural powers. If you have anyone tell them to come to a public forum to display their magic, not everyone has the time to go to some bush. We need a neutral ground.

- Do you have any evidence of the investigations the baba did with the police? If I have such power, I will be working with the federal or international intelligence and making my money.

- Lastly, We accept there are over trillions phenomena we haven't discover and we don't even know some causes and purpose of some phenomena, we don't have to conclude it's supernatural!

You said a man can stop rain with leaves and herbs, people like you will conclude it's supernatural, now that you said there are scientific explanation to it, is it still supernatural and mysterious?

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by NPComplete: 9:43am On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Don't mind the guy. He is being intellectually dishonest. Now he is equating botany to voodoo. Lol. The BBC stuff he is talking about is a short video made by a Nigerian interviewing a dibia in his village in the east. It is probably something from an episode of a culture segment of BBC programming.
The video didn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the man could make it rain. It wasn't even an investigative video. And nobody actually thinks the man can make it rain on BBC. These are cultural episodes that highlights beliefs in different parts of the world. It has nothing to do with proof.
Because something is shown on BBC doesn't mean it is true. It seems Folykaze doesn't understand this fundamental concept about logic and proofs.
In the end he still agrees there some sort of scientific explanation for rain-making. Everything has an explanation. Nothing physical seen is spiritual.

I will post a link to the video if I can find it. U will even scoff at the foolishness of it.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by NPComplete: 9:52am On May 09, 2019
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=674022876305353&id=285361880228

That's a link the to BBC video. The video was created by BBC Pidgin. Meaning it was created by a group of Nigerians probably desperate for content and using any ridiculous tactic to generate content and meet their monthly targets. Lol cheesy
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Word

That is the problem.

What is the difference between energy and spirit? Wordplay huh?

What if what you call energy is what a spiritist called God? Wordplay!!!

Natural elements that are been personified and been adored to God...example sea and ocean.. Yemoja and H2O. Wordplay right?

Ogun and Calcium (both metalic element). Wordplay?

Essence, cause, idea and natural elements are spirits to some people.

The problem with you guys is that you have refused to come down from your high horse. If you have, you would have seen some pertinent issue that goes beyond the useless rants you all fight over here.

First question, what is God?

Second, what form of God do you disbelief?

Third, what makes God a God?

Fourth, how do I identify God?

Many pertinent philosophical questions left behind. Fighting over existence when you can't explain in details what existence is.

As par the bbc link, google it. I don't need to do everything for you sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2019
tintingz:

- I don't have problem with use of herbs, i take herbs as well, what I'm yet to see evidence for is the claim of supernatural powers. If you have anyone tell them to come to a public forum to display their magic, not everyone has the time to go to some bush. We need a neutral ground.

1. What do you understand by the word supernatural? Define it please.

2. I am asking you to come and see the magic. It is your responsibility to accept the offer. Afterall you are member of the public.

3. Where did I say I am taking people to the bush? Is Ore a bush? You have time to rant online but have no time to validate your claims. Ogbeni swerve abeg.

tintingz:

Do you have any evidence of the investigations the baba did with the police? If I have such power, I will be working with the federal or international intelligence and making my money.

All noise with no substance. Have nothing to do with the challenge

tintingz:

Lastly, We accept there are over trillions phenomena we haven't discover and we don't even know some causes and purpose of some phenomena, we don't have to conclude it's supernatural!

Unexplainable natural phenomenon. Brief in details difference between natural and supernatural. What makes a phenomenal (super)natural?

tintingz:

You said a man can stop rain with leaves and herbs, people like you will conclude it's supernatural, now that you said there are scientific explanation to it, is it still supernatural and mysterious?

Still throwing words around with no substance. Try harder
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

1. What do you understand by the word supernatural? Define it please.

Supernatural
(of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. Source

2. I am asking you to come and see the magic. It is your responsibility to accept the offer. Afterall you are member of the public.
No no, tell them to come to a neutral ground and display their magic.

All noise with no substance. Have nothing to do with the challenge
Provide us evidence the baba worked with the police and they solved cases.

Unexplainable natural phenomenon. Brief in details difference between natural and supernatural. What makes a phenomenal (super)natural?
People attributes an events to supernatural when it is beyond laws of nature and cannot be explained scientifically, justifying their claims with "Ignorance".

There's a problem that comes with this "conclusion" of calling something supernatural out of Ignorance, what if science can now explain the phenomena, is it still supernatural? Kindly answer.

What happens to "I don't know and maybe we can know later"?

Thunder and lightning were once believed to be supernatural.

Still throwing words around with no substance. Try harder
Ok

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Word

That is the problem.

What is the difference between energy and spirit? Wordplay huh?

What if what you call energy is what a spiritist called God? Wordplay!!!

Natural elements that are been personified and been adored to God...example sea and ocean.. Yemoja and H2O. Wordplay right?

Ogun and Calcium (both metalic element). Wordplay?

Essence, cause, idea and natural elements are spirits to some people.

The problem with you guys is that you have refused to come down from your high horse. If you have, you would have seen some pertinent issue that goes beyond the useless rants you all fight over here.

First question, what is God?

Second, what form of God do you disbelief?

Third, what makes God a God?

Fourth, how do I identify God?

Many pertinent philosophical questions left behind. Fighting over existence when you can't explain in details what existence is.

As par the bbc link, google it. I don't need to do everything for you sir/ma.

I don't ask for links unless I have trouble finding it. I didn't ask you for links to the osanyin did I?

The questions you posed are the same ones we ask everytime to which no one has offered satisfactory answers.

If a thing is found in the natural world by what means do we then attribute supernatural causes to it even when it is unexplained? Sango was said to be the origin of thunder and lightning till we found there was no Sango in the skies and that thunderstorms are natural phenomena.

All these gods die when the natural phenomena behind their attributes become explained so with what confidence are we to expect that there are spirit entities anywhere?

EDIT: Is this the story you are referring to: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-45296929
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2019
NPComplete:

Don't mind the guy. He is being intellectually dishonest. Now he is equating botany to voodoo. Lol. The BBC stuff he is talking about is a short video made by a Nigerian interviewing a dibia in his village in the east. It is probably something from an episode of a culture segment of BBC programming.
The video didn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the man could make it rain. It wasn't even an investigative video. And nobody actually thinks the man can make it rain on BBC. These are cultural episodes that highlights beliefs in different parts of the world. It has nothing to do with proof.
Because something is shown on BBC doesn't mean it is true. It seems Folykaze doesn't understand this fundamental concept about logic and proofs.
In the end he still agrees there some sort of scientific explanation for rain-making. Everything has an explanation. Nothing physical seen is spiritual.

I will post a link to the video if I can find it. U will even scoff at the foolishness of it.

If that is the report he is referring to then I did not see where they concluded that herbs can stop rain. To the contrary, the reporter says weather reports had predicted rain and the dibia could not even make it rain immediately.

EDIT: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-45296929
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 11:36am On May 09, 2019
tintingz:

People attributes an events to supernatural when it is beyond laws of nature and cannot be explained scientifically, justifying their claims with "Ignorance".

As far as I know nobody has demonstrated any phenomena that is outside the laws of nature. Everything shown has always been within the physical laws as we know them. Even quantum mechanics that doesn't follow classical physics is catalogued, repeatable and observable.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

As far as I know nobody has demonstrated any phenomena that is outside the laws of nature. Everything shown has always been within the physical laws as we know them. Even quantum mechanics that doesn't follow classical physics is catalogued, repeatable and observable.
Yes, every phenomena in this universe are all natural phenomena.

The negative of this natural world(spiritual) cannot be discovered (if there's) and if it's discovered in this universe then it's part of the natural phenomena.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:57am On May 09, 2019
tintingz:

Supernatural
(of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. Source

You see how you guys fail simple questions. I asked, how do YOU understand the word supernatural. I am asking for your own view and not dictionary or encyclopedia definition.

Permit me to use your presented definition

The emboldened phrase mean the event or manifestation cannot be explained with scientific information available. Or events altered by forces that are not understood fully.

To simply put, what defines (super) natural is scientific understanding.

That is, when it is explained scientifically, it is natural. And when there is no scientific explanation, it is supernatural. One thing that cannot be disputed is event/manifestation.

The confusion you are cloaking your neck into is; you dont have problem with herb, you acknowledge the potency of this herb, and you and the herb seller do not have any ability to identify and explain how it works. In the absence of scientific explanation, what else do you want? What do you have left? And has the supernatural claims reduced the potency of the herb?

tintingz:
No no, tell them to come to a neutral ground and display their magic.

You are the one that claim it is lie... I have asked you to come and prove it is lie.

tintingz:
Provide us evidence the baba worked with the police and they solved cases.

When you arrive, you will see all that

tintingz:

There's a problem that comes with this "conclusion" of calling something supernatural out of Ignorance, what if science can now explain the phenomena, is it still supernatural? Kindly answer.

What happens to "I don't know and maybe we can know later"?

Thunder and lightning were once believed to be supernatural.

Ok

Duh!!!

Knowledge simply means Justified belief

A person that actually discovered and use herbs to cure an ailment have a detailed knowledge about the particular herb to use, methods of application and ways of preservation. And not only that, the person uses the herb over and over time and observe it works which shows that his belief is justified, hence he knows what he does. He isn't ignorant like you posit. Let me ask, what is Oxygen is Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba?

The supernatural claims are simple PERSONIFICATION of natural elements.

Take for example, every culture creation story starts with Light. The big bang theory posit there was an explosion and hot particles scattered across the empty space. Note the word/phrase 'hot particles' and light. Any correlation?

Would you reject my culture creation that explain the genesis of our universe which personify light as Obatala and accept Big bang theory when both are saying the same thing?.

In Yoruba creation story, Obatala (God of light) started creation of the physical world. Along the line, he drank heavily and went docile which makes Oduduwa took over.

In Big bang, there was a huge explosion of a singularity and spread of very high temperature elements. The elements cooled and became physical matter (dark matter).

Obatala and Oduduwa. High temperature and cool physical matter. Lol. Making sense?

Another one, Ogun in Yoruba folktale moulded skeleton. Science posit calcium is the building block of bone.

What is Ogun, Metal or Iron God
What is Calcium, chemical metallic element.

Any correlation

I can go on and on.

My point is supernatural claims are not entirely false and as well not absolute truth.

Science too have hypothesis and theories which ain't absolute truth. Infact, hypothesis changes over time.

The problem with your like is that you assume anything from the western scholars is the absolute truth. And any claims without scientific explanation are false and dismissed or rejected.

Go and read the Icy comet bombarding theory of water origin and correlate it with story of Yemoja. Almost the same.

Fact is, your chemistry is birthed by Alchemy, a spiritual and supernatural view of chemicals.

Biology, Botany, Medicine, Astrology, Architecture, and other modern science branch have it root in spirituality.

What am I dragging with you for......

With and or without supernatural claims, the event/manifestation indeed happens.. I am inviting you to come see it happening. Let us handle explanation later.

Let me add, spirituality is the profound source of science.

Eat that

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:16pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

I don't ask for links unless I have trouble finding it. I didn't ask you for links to the osanyin did I?

A simple Google would have helped instead of asking me to provide it.

LordReed:
The questions you posed are the same ones we ask everytime to which no one has offered satisfactory answers.

It is all about someone else. You don't want to be in the picture abi?

Why can't you answer them yourself?

LordReed:
If a thing is found in the natural world by what means do we then attribute supernatural causes to it even when it is unexplained?

An event or manifestation indeed occur which you can't dispute. The question of how, what and whom was behind it occurrence is what brings in supernatural or science-based theories. This simply mean (super)natural can only be defined by scientific explanations. In the absence of scientific explanation, a supernatural claims are been deployed.

Fact is, supernatural claims are not entirely true or false. It is just a method with which a person can explain his understanding.

How do you expect someone without western education to explain Chlorine or Acidity is Yoruba? Can you?

LordReed:
Sango was said to be the origin of thunder and lightning till we found there was no Sango in the skies and that thunderstorms are natural phenomena.

The problem with you is you thought Sango in that phenomenal is Human. Therefore you were looking for the wrong thing.

Sango there is energy. Copish?

I thought Mars was human. Why ain't you looking for human mars in the sky? Why do you see Mars as planet and not human? Inferiority complex? Poor reasoning?

When you can explain what God is and what make God a God, you will see the answer.

LordReed:
All these gods die when the natural phenomena behind their attributes become explained so with what confidence are we to expect that there are spirit entities anywhere?

God dies?

Has Gaia or Ra died?
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:34pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

If that is the report he is referring to then I did not see where they concluded that herbs can stop rain. To the contrary, the reporter says weather reports had predicted rain and the dibia could not even make it rain immediately.

EDIT: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-45296929

Did you read the tory?

You guys are just pathetic. Na everytime weather report dey accurate? You can believe weather report program and can't believe a dibia. Inferiority complex?

You dont have problem with weather report that fails sometimes but having problem with a dibia that accurately predict rain would beat the hell out of the interviewers and did happen.

The problem is not science. It is your complexity. You are worse than the Christians and Muslims who are slave to jewish culture. You are simply a slave to western thoughts and view.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 12:50pm On May 09, 2019
Nigeria should make history and scientific education compulsory. This stupid will soon end!

3 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

A simple Google would have helped instead of asking me to provide it.

See my edit.

It is all about someone else. You don't want to be in the picture abi?

Why can't you answer them yourself?

Answer questions about a god/gods I do not believe exist? Did you think about what you were writing?

An event or manifestation indeed occur which you can't dispute. The question of how, what and whom was behind it occurrence is what brings in supernatural or science-based theories. This simply mean (super)natural can only be defined by scientific explanations. In the absence of scientific explanation, a supernatural claims are been deployed.

Fact is, supernatural claims are not entirely true or false. It is just a method with which a person can explain his understanding.

How do you expect someone without western education to explain Chlorine or Acidity is Yoruba? Can you?

I do not expect anybody to come up with stories of spiritual entities simply because they are unable to explain a phenomenon. If you don't know why a river floods why are you telling me a spirit woman called Osun caused it?

The problem with you is you thought Sango in that phenomenal is Human. Therefore you were looking for the wrong thing.

Sango there is energy. Copish?

I thought Mars was human. Why ain't you looking for human mars in the sky? Why do you see Mars as planet and not human? Inferiority complex? Poor reasoning?

When you can explain what God is and what make God a God, you will see the answer.

We found no spirit in any of these things so what need do I have of calling it a god or spirit?

You keep asking me to explain god/gods I do not believe exist how is that sound reasoning?

God dies?

Has Gaia or Ra died?

It's a metaphoric turn of phrase because they don't exist in the first place.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Did you read the tory?

You guys are just pathetic. Na everytime weather report dey accurate? You can believe weather report program and can't believe a dibia. Inferiority complex?

You dont have problem with weather report that fails sometimes but having problem with a dibia that accurately predict rain would beat the hell out of the interviewers and did happen.

The problem is not science. It is your complexity. You are worse than the Christians and Muslims who are slave to jewish culture. You are simply a slave to western thoughts and view.

And you are even more pathetic. Employing all manner of sophistry to sidestep the issues on ground. You barely even understand the things you talk about so its not a wonder you mangle everything into a mish mash of nonsense.

If there is any slave here it is you, a slave to nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by NPComplete: 1:04pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

And you are even more pathetic. Employing all manner of sophistry to sidestep the issues on ground. You barely even understand the things you talk about so its not a wonder you mangle everything into a mish mash of nonsense.

Hahahaha. Good answer.
The guy doesn't even have a firm grasp on the things he is talking about so he is just dancing around confused. First he started with Osanyin then when we busted the foolishness he went on to rain-making. When he saw that the video evidence he gave wasn't really an evidence he started contradicting himself and saying there is a scientific explanation. Now he has moved on to Sango being energy and is now trying to appeal to our tribal nature to accept his ridiculous beliefs because they are our cultural beliefs. Lol.

What a confused mess. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2019
NPComplete:

Hahahaha. Good answer.
The guy doesn't even have a firm grasp on the things he is talking about so he is just dancing around confused. First he started with Osanyin then when we busted the foolishness he went on to rain-making. When he saw that the video evidence he gave wasn't really an evidence he started contradicting himself and saying there is a scientific explanation. Now he has moved on to Sango being energy and is now trying to appeal to our tribal nature to accept his ridiculous beliefs because they are our cultural beliefs. Lol.

What even got to me is his statement "Na everytime weather report dey accurate? You can believe weather report program and can't believe a dibia. Inferiority complex?"

It shows a complete lack of understanding of what a weather report is and the process by which such predictions are made. It's not a wonder such a person thinks herbs stops rainfall.

2 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by tintingz(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

You see how you guys fail simple questions. I asked, how do YOU understand the word supernatural. I am asking for your own view and not dictionary or encyclopedia definition.
I agree with the dictionary definition reason I presented it. undecided

Permit me to use your presented definition

The emboldened phrase mean the event or manifestation cannot be explained with scientific information available. Or events altered by forces that are not understood fully.

To simply put, what defines (super) natural is scientific understanding.

That is, when it is explained scientifically, it is natural. And when there is no scientific explanation, it is supernatural. One thing that cannot be disputed is event/manifestation.
It's the religious, spiritual people and theists that attributes un-explained phenomena to supernatural, science don't conclude any phenomena to be supernatural or spiritual, instead they say "we don't know yet, study is still ongoing".

Justifying your conclusion with Ignorance is nonsensical.

The confusion you are cloaking your neck into is; you dont have problem with herb, you acknowledge the potency of this herb, and you and the herb seller do not have any ability to identify and explain how it works. In the absence of scientific explanation, what else do you want? What do you have left? And has the supernatural claims reduced the potency of the herb?
I know herbs are form of classical medicine which evolve to modern medicine. The content of the herbs can be explained scientifically!

So what exactly is your argument here?

You are the one that claim it is lie... I have asked you to come and prove it is lie.
I never said it's a lie, don't say what I didn't say.

What I said is, invite those people with magic to a public forum to display their magic.

When you arrive, you will see all that
No, I don't want to go to any remote area where they have more advantage to do anything.

Duh!!!

Knowledge simply means Justified belief

A person that actually discovered and use herbs to cure an ailment have a detailed knowledge about the particular herb to use, methods of application and ways of preservation. And not only that, the person uses the herb over and over time and observe it works which shows that his belief is justified, hence he knows what he does. He isn't ignorant like you posit. Let me ask, what is Oxygen is Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba?
Herbs are not supernatural, they are medicine!

The supernatural claims are simple PERSONIFICATION of natural elements.

Take for example, every culture creation story starts with Light. The big bang theory posit there was an explosion and hot particles scattered across the empty space. Note the word/phrase 'hot particles' and light. Any correlation?

Would you reject my culture creation that explain the genesis of our universe which personify light as Obatala and accept Big bang theory when both are saying the same thing?.

In Yoruba creation story, Obatala (God of light) started creation of the physical world. Along the line, he drank heavily and went docile which makes Oduduwa took over.

In Big bang, there was a huge explosion of a singularity and spread of very high temperature elements. The elements cooled and became physical matter (dark matter).

Obatala and Oduduwa. High temperature and cool physical matter. Lol. Making sense?
Are you saying the creation story that heaven was close to earth and chicken, corn, sand were use to create the world is big bang?

Dude!!

And no there was no explosion in big bang just expansion.

Another one, Ogun in Yoruba folktale moulded skeleton. Science posit calcium is the building block of bone.

What is Ogun, Metal or Iron God
What is Calcium, chemical metallic element.

Any correlation

I can go on and on.
Are you taking this out of the literal meaning of Ogun?

No, the human skeleton is not metal, we're not like the X-Men wolverine.

My point is supernatural claims are not entirely false and as well not absolute truth.
Supernatural claims will be objectively true if evidences are provided.

Science too have hypothesis and theories which ain't absolute truth. Infact, hypothesis changes over time.
Yes.

Atleast the methods used to arrive at theories still make sense than your supernatural fairytales.

The problem with your like is that you assume anything from the western scholars is the absolute truth. And any claims without scientific explanation are false and dismissed or rejected.
For now the only way to explain the natural world is the scientific methods.

And NO we are more focus on scientific explanations which can be tested by anyone, we don't take everything from western scholars to be absolute truth.

Scientists debate on research.

Go and read the Icy comet bombarding theory of water origin and correlate it with story of Yemoja. Almost the same.
What about story of Poseidon?

Fact is, your chemistry is birthed by Alchemy, a spiritual and supernatural view of chemicals.

Biology, Botany, Medicine, Astrology, Architecture, and other modern science branch have it root in spirituality.
Lol.

What am I dragging with you for......

With and or without supernatural claims, the event/manifestation indeed happens.. I am inviting you to come see it happening. Let us handle explanation later.
Let them come to a neutral ground.

Let me add, spirituality is the profound source of science.

Eat that
Yes, when the early scholars started being sceptical about their spirituality.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:13pm On May 09, 2019
NPComplete:

Hahahaha. Good answer.

I can see why many would rather be atheists. No one with sense would want to associate with the sort of stupidity displayed here especially if the requirement for theism is 'believing'.

Thankfully, believing isn't a requirement at all!

4 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Answer questions about a god/gods I do not believe exist? Did you think about what you were writing?

I dont believe a pig can fly even though it could fly as depicted in arts and literatures.

My position was made on the ground that I know what a pig is.

If you don't believe a cup is on the table, you should be able to explain what you understand by cup and table.

Only a foolish person would wake up and say hjiso doesnt exist without telling us what hjiso is.

LordReed:

I do not expect anybody to come up with stories of spiritual entities simply because they are unable to explain a phenomenon. If you don't know why a river floods why are you telling me a spirit woman called Osun caused it?

Another evasive rants.

Tell us what Chlorine or Acidity is in Yoruba or Igbo. How would you want a Yoruba teacher explain Lithium in his dialect?

For umpteen time, spiritual entities are personification of natural entities,energy.

LordReed:

We found no spirit in any of these things so what need do I have of calling it a god or spirit?

The story of Mars actually posit he is a bloodied warrior. Last time I check, Mars is a reddish planet. Simple English, metaphor, personification is what you don't understand.

Only foolish person would look into the sky looking for a Man instead o f reddish planet.

LordReed:

You keep asking me to explain god/gods I do not believe exist how is that sound reasoning?

Evasive tactic. What is God? How did you conclude it doesn't exist when you are ignorant about it?

LordReed:

It's a metaphoric turn of phrase because they don't exist in the first place.

Oh you accept Gaia is metaphorical representation of earth and Ra mean Sun. Can you see how foolish you are? You knew these things but still denied them or claim they are dead. Shows how stupid you folks are.

Now, has people stopped worshipping Gaia and Ra because of science?

Note the word worship and understand the word before answering the question.

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Shut up dog.

You are here despising the dibia and worshiping weather report program which is a product of science.

However, the story put to fact that the man made rain fall at that when needed and also made it fall heavily when the interviewer left as promised. What is false in the story that you foolishly make noise about?

Ohhh you want Richard Dawkins to come and validate it for you.

Pathetic fools
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Shut up dog.

You are here despising the dibia and worshiping weather report program which is a product of science.

However, the story put to fact that the man made rain fall at that when needed and also made it fall heavily when the interviewer left as promised. What is false in the story that you foolishly make noise about?

Pathetic fools
Been (and still) observing your hyper-ventilating all over this thread for some time. Work and other stuff have restricted me from addressing your issue and your cringey arguments, but no worries. Your cup is full on this thread

Keep an eye out for this moniker. I'll be back for you...

2 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Shut up dog.

Pathetic fools

Go and take a class in understanding English you miserable goat since simple speech is beyond your Kern.

Dunce of the highest order.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:
Talking Osanyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPimX-ZiCY

LoL, reminds me of those children toys with a kind of whistle that sounds out when you squeeze the toy. LMFAO!

I feel so sad for that little kid. Look at how they are messing with his mind with pure deception. Tomorrow he will come to NL and blab how he stood face do face with god and saw him speak..

Pathetic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:24pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Go and take a class in understanding English you miserable goat since simple speech is beyond your Kern.

Dunce of the highest order.

Oga shut up. You were jumping over yourself when a dolt claimed the BBC interview with the dibia is false.

However, the story as narrated by the interviewer shows rain actually dropped (very minimal) as promised. And when they were about to leave, the dibia told them it would rain heavy and it happened. You are simply clinging on Weather Report Program and dismissing the facts that dibia could control weather with spiritual arts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone / Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.