Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (9882 Views)

Checkout One Of The Nursing Schools Peter Obi Built In Onitsha(photos) / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Warship: 9:59pm On May 09, 2019
Donmedra:
you are very sick, very sick

Pls explain
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 09, 2019
To those idiots that don't know anything about ika people. Let me tell you this.

Sure there are some similarities between ika and Igbo, let it be known they aren't Igbo,they have those similarities because ika is a mix ethnicities. But are more edoid.

Bring one ika person that claim Igbo, I'll bring 100 for sure that can vow they are Edo

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by AstralBody: 10:01pm On May 09, 2019
buharitill2023:
from agbon to ika to igbanke, they're more like binis but their appearance and language are igbos.
so don't twist the narrative, we are all omo bendel,
Omo Bendel kill u dere!

10 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 09, 2019
How can people convince thousands of people they aren't in a particular ethnic group? That's just stupid.

I bet the idiot that brought this topic up didn't know ika and Edo share almost all the same surname, god's, king's and have their own origin.

Because a particular tribe share similarities with you doesn't make them igbo

4 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 09, 2019
Most idiots don't know most iyase(second position in Benin kingdom) were from ika.

Obaseki is from ika, ogbemudia from ika too.

So igbos come and claim them now.

They would soon start claiming urhobo, Esan as Igbo

5 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dat9jaguy(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2019
AstralBody:
U don't know what u are saying. Am from Ika South n we don't have any language resemblance with the binis. We speak Ika, which has similarities with d Igbo language.

If you truly are Ika then you will know what I'm talking about.
Last last it's a free world,believe whatever makes you sleep better.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by gidgiddy: 10:46pm On May 09, 2019
Donmedra:
To those idiots that don't know anything about ika people. Let me tell you this.

Sure there are some similarities between ika and Igbo, let it be known they aren't Igbo,they have those similarities because ika is a mix ethnicities. But are more edoid.

Bring one ika person that claim Igbo, I'll bring 100 for sure that can vow they are Edo

Can you explain how it is that the king of the Ika people, "Ikechukwu Keagborekuzi", has an Igbo name? This is a man who inherited his throne handed down to him by his forefathers.

Why is his name Igbo and not Edo?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Westbestside: 11:30pm On May 09, 2019
Donmedra:
how can you force or even convince someone to deny their ethnicity? You people are just dumb low self esteem idiots
Very dumb my brother. So the dummy girl is saying Yorubas control their destiny. Very daft girl.

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 09, 2019
Donmedra:
All these landlock land grabbers have started claiming part of Edo as one of their nonsense low self esteem region.

Let it be known that Igboland starts and ends in south East, if they were really igbos they wouldn't have option for Edo.

Useless people

Do you know I used to think you are sensible.

Quite unfortunate.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 2:32am On May 10, 2019
buharitill2023:
from agbon to ika to igbanke, they're more like binis but their appearance and language are igbos.
so don't twist the narrative, we are all omo bendel,
Bendel is a community. Ika is Igbo, and Igbo is Ika. Kpom kwem (QED)!

16 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by frugal(m): 6:15am On May 10, 2019
Bella55555:
have you met me
Where in ika are you from?
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by AstralBody: 6:16am On May 10, 2019
dat9jaguy:

If you truly are Ika then you will know what I'm talking about.
Last last it's a free world,believe whatever makes you sleep better.
Am from Ika South in Agbor-Obi, specifically from Obomuden. Don't tell me that Ika south language is similar to that of the binis,is absolutely bollocks!

9 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dat9jaguy(m): 6:25am On May 10, 2019
AstralBody:
Am from Ika South in Agbor-Obi, specifically from Obomuden. Don't tell me that Ika south language is similar to that of the binis,is absolutely bollocks!

You say you are from Agbor obi what is God called; Osenobuhen.
The Dein and his chiefs traditional attires are heavily influenced by the binis.
Like I said believe anything that will make u sleep better in the night.

PS:Where the hell is 'obomuden'.Nothing like that in Ika land.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by ebukamen(m): 6:56am On May 10, 2019
goodnessme1:
I have an Ika friend,she never denial being Igbo,

i always imagine what would have happen if igbo state like Ebonyi state is in south south,by now they will be Ebonyi tribe not igbo.
if you are igbo but not from Ebonyi,you will find it hard to understand their dialect but you will understand Ika dialect.

south south igbos dialect are close to central Igbo,yet yorubas and hausafulanis has force some of them to believe that they are not igbo.
But as Ada Asaba am proud to be an Igbo lady.

Don't ever in your life talk about Ebonyi like this again.
We are claiming igbo because we are sure we are but the rest of Igbo especially Anambra claim we are not pure Igbo.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by goodnessme1(f): 7:08am On May 10, 2019
ebukamen:

Don't ever in your life talk about Ebonyi like this again.
We are claiming igbo because we are sure we are but the rest of Igbo especially Anambra claim we are not pure Igbo.
you got me wrong.

Pls read my post again.

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by omicron(m): 7:15am On May 10, 2019
Ika South is 'Bini' while Ika North is 'Igbo'

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by agadez007(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2019
I don't know why the O.p juxtaposed ika with the so called Igbo language(as if we all in The south east speak one dialect),that's why many of them start start comparing their dialect with central Igbo thinking we all speak the same In Igboland,one day i heard an Ikwere saying that igbos call house ulo while they call it oro,little did he know that many igbo dialect don't call house ulo too
in my own dialect one to ten would be
1-ofu
2-ibuo
3-ito
4-ino
5-ise
6-isii
7-isaa
8-isato
9-iteghete/itenani
10-ili

4 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 7:40am On May 10, 2019
gidgiddy:
In the video below, the young girl counts from one to ten in Ika, let's compare that to central Igbo

One:
Ika- Ofu
Igbo- Ofu

Two:
Ika- Ebuo
Igbo- Abuo

Three:
Ika-Eto
Igbo-Ato

Four
Ika- Eno
Igbo- Ano

Five:
Ika- Ise
Igbo- Ise

Six:
Ika- Isii
Igbo- Isii

Seven:
Ika- Esaa
Igbo- Asaa

Eight:
Ika- Esato
Igbo- Asato

Nine:
Ika- Itenani
Igbo- Itenani

Ten:
Ika- Iri
Igbo- Iri

Its obvious that Ika language is a dialect of Igbo and has nothing to do with Bini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6q1YMCmBI

They are benins and not igbo.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 7:47am On May 10, 2019
They are edos and not igbos
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by AstralBody: 8:13am On May 10, 2019
dat9jaguy:

You say you are from Agbor obi what is God called; Osenobuhen.
The Dein and his chiefs traditional attires are heavily influenced by the binis.
Like I said believe anything that will make u sleep better in the night.

PS:Where the hell is 'obomuden'.Nothing like that in Ika land.
U won't know were that is because u are not from Ika,so shut ur mouth n stop saying rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 8:14am On May 10, 2019
IGBOS don suffer

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by buharitill2023: 8:25am On May 10, 2019
igbodefender:
Bendel is a community. Ika is Igbo, and Igbo is Ika. Kpom kwem (QED)!
that is how you fail,
bendel State comprises Edo State and Delta State.
bendel State were carve out from mid-West,
that means Delta and edo were also part of mid-Western,
onitsha was part of benin kingdom, which means onitsha will also be carve out from biafra.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by buharitill2023: 8:35am On May 10, 2019
Awol1:

Do you know I used to think you are sensible.

Quite unfortunate.
you think he has sense when he joined you to be insulting buhari and Yoruba's,
but today he don't have sense because he speak for his tribe and against your tribe.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 8:40am On May 10, 2019
Donmedra:
Most idiots don't know most iyase(second position in Benin kingdom) were from ika.

Obaseki is from ika, ogbemudia from ika too.

So igbos come and claim them now.

They would soon start claiming urhobo, Esan as Igbo
copy and paste

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by MyGeneration(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2019
Who gives a fvck
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Turantula(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2019
mrvitalis:
I hear this better than nsukka
If you understand Nsukka, then Ika is toast. They are very similar.
First time i was in Nefikedi i thought they were speaking Nsukka
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by pluto123: 9:15am On May 10, 2019
anybody can join any tribe of his\her choice,of what important will all these south south igbo stuff be to the south eastern igbos? we should stop all this rubbish! those guys can choose to join the fulanis if they like,we the igbos in south east don't give a Bleep,our main focus should be how to make our region the best among others, rather than wasting our time educating and trying to pasuading people that have denied us on several occations,,,my igbo brothers we are unique the way we are no matter how small we are interms of numbers or landmass,,we can still be the strongest,we single handedly fought the civil war alone for three years,what make u think we cant survive without the said igbos from the other side??lets keep our struggle tight thats what matters..

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Turantula(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2019
Donmedra:

Ika(s) are Benin by word of mouth, but Igbo by origin

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2019
pluto123:
anybody can join any tribe of his\her choice,of what important will all these south south igbo stuff be to the south eastern igbos? we should stop all this rubbish! those guys can choose to join the fulanis if they like,we the igbos in south east don't give a Bleep,our main focus should be how to make our region the best among others, rather than wasting our time educating and trying to pasuading people that have denied us on several occations,,,my igbo brothers we are unique the way we are no matter how small we are interms of numbers or landmass,,we can still be the strongest,we single handedly fought the civil war alone for three years,what make u think we cant survive without the said igbos from the other side??lets keep our struggle tight thats what matters..
No I quite disagree with you, Igbos are Igbos everywhere and we don't need no useless artificial boundaries created by the insipid Nigerian system to willfully divide us(yes it worked considerably, but that's only affected a negligible few demography of people who stupidly played into the identify crisis complex), notably the Ikwerre and some Ika people. We SHOULD NEVER CEDE an inch of Igbo speaking territory to these bastards, the Ika people who claim their genealogy to Benin or some nonsense like that are free to go, nobody wants or will force them into the Igbo nation. Same for the Ikwerre people, but every other one of them (Ika,Ikwerre,Etche, Ekpeye) etc and other Igbo subgroups whom in their vast majority world wide proudly identify with their undeniable Igboness, they will be NEVER be left out to the devices of those bastards that are out to destroy the Igbo nationhood. Thank God these identity crisis rubbish only affects few Igbo speaking areas among Ika and Ikwerre...Anioma as a whole have always profoundly identified with their Igboness( dem.no born the agents of division to rear their ugly heads among my beautiful Anioma people, of which I'm a proud son of the soil). The Anioma, Etche, Obigbo, Ekpeye, Ogba etc bleed Igbo through and through. The rest can in all honesty fucck off.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Nobody: 9:50am On May 10, 2019
buharitill2023:
that is how you fail,
bendel State comprises Edo State and Delta State.
bendel State were carve out from mid-West,
that means Delta and edo were also part of mid-Western,
onitsha was part of benin kingdom, which means onitsha will also be carve out from biafra.

Onitsha is Igbo. Anioma is Igbo. Igbo part of Bendel is Igbo. Kpom kwem.

9 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Numberz(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2019
Jman06:
Ika is pure Igbo! Even up to igbanke in Edo state!

Those guys are all Igbo both in physical appearance, language and culture.

Most of the ika people I've met don't deny being igbo...

History my brother... history!

Try and trace the name AGBOR (colonial master's tongue: no meaning in the geographical location in question))...was formerly AGBON (rightful name with meaning)

Also check the EARLIER titles for their PRIESTS, way of worship, regalia and gods names.

Enough to give you a lead.

If you care to dig deeper, visit the palace of EFIEOZOMOR at OWA-OYIBU in Ika North East to access historical records.

Thank you!
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by ogorwyne(f): 10:58am On May 10, 2019
[quote author=BeautifulMind2 post=78253960][/quote]
Hello, smiley
Please can I get a complete copy of this paper on the ukwuani's?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Suspends Nationwide Strike / Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha / Edo: PDP Ward Executives Unite To Endorse Asue Ighodalo's Candidacy In Uromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.