Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,507 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (9943 Views)

Checkout One Of The Nursing Schools Peter Obi Built In Onitsha(photos) / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by mrvitalis(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2019
Ugwuoke347:

It is obvious you harbour some painful prejudice against Nsukka!
What is the connection between this thread and Nsukka, you bigoted warped-minded idiot?
Stick to the topic and quit declaring yourself a dunderpate.

Fool!
You don't "hear" language, you understand it.

What i meant was if nsukka are igbos then certainly this people are igbos too

Have a nice life

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dat9jaguy(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2019
Numberz:

There's actually something like that; name wise.

If you're going from town or Owa Eke junction to Ika grammar school there used to be a mixed secondary school by your left before you get to Ika grammar school... what's the name?

Ogbemudien sec.school.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dat9jaguy(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2019
Numberz:

Allow him.

My friend from Bayelsa State bears "Township" as surname... does that make him a white man, a foreigner or less Izon?

Cultural influence...in simple English!

That AstralBody guy na wannabe troll,but he is still a learner.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 11:11am On May 11, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
Who cares about meeting you
bad belle
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 11:11am On May 11, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
Who cares about meeting you
bad belle
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 11:12am On May 11, 2019
frugal:

Where in ika are you from?
I'm from ottah
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 11:13am On May 11, 2019
rummmy:
yes,you are a star grin grin grin
thanks that's sweet of you
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Malawian(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2019
Bella55555:
I'm from ottah
Ottah is the name of the "Eldest" village in my town in Anambra state, i hazard a guess your "Ottah" has to do with "seniority" as well
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Ugwuoke347(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

What i meant was if nsukka are igbos then certainly this people are igbos too

Have a nice life

Now you don't give me that hard-done-by trash.

What do you mean by "if" ?
That is, "if Nsukka are Igbos....." ?
Was Nsukka people's Igboness ever in doubt?
Stop defending your illogicality by adding some more goof to your first gaffe!

If you do not know what to say , just keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by mrvitalis(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2019
Ugwuoke347:

Now you don't give me that hard-done-by trash.

What do you mean by "if" ?
That is, "if Nsukka are Igbos....." ?
Was Nsukka people's Igboness ever in doubt?
Stop defending your illogicality by adding some more goof to your first gaffe!

If you do not know what to say , just keep quiet.

Don't have time for low life's like u

No stop mentioning me
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by AstralBody: 12:43pm On May 11, 2019
dat9jaguy:

That AstralBody guy na wannabe troll,but he is still a learner.
grin grin Mr professional troll! U were d one trolling me because of my town name. I gat no beef with u,just having fun...one luv!
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by frankyychiji(f): 1:12pm On May 11, 2019
Donmedra:
How can people convince thousands of people they aren't in a particular ethnic group? That's just stupid.

I bet the idiot that brought this topic up didn't know ika and Edo share almost all the same surname, god's, king's and have their own origin.

Because a particular tribe share similarities with you doesn't make them igbo
At the speed you are going, this madness could lead you to early grave. Slow down pls.

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dat9jaguy(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2019
AstralBody:
grin grin Mr professional troll! U were d one trolling me because of my town name. I gat no beef with u,just having fun...one luv!

Cheers my guy.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Ugwuoke347(m): 5:32pm On May 11, 2019
[quote author=mrvitalis post=78297970]

Don't have time for low life's like u

No stop mentioning me [/quote

I have told you to keep quiet,
if you have nothing reasonable to say.
That is the honourable thing to do.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by cjrane: 6:52pm On May 11, 2019
gidgiddy:
In the video below, the young girl counts from one to ten in Ika, let's compare that to central Igbo

One:
Ika- Ofu
Igbo- Ofu

Two:
Ika- Ebuo
Igbo- Abuo

Three:
Ika-Eto
Igbo-Ato

Four
Ika- Eno
Igbo- Ano

Five:
Ika- Ise
Igbo- Ise

Six:
Ika- Isii
Igbo- Isii

Seven:
Ika- Esaa
Igbo- Asaa

Eight:
Ika- Esato
Igbo- Asato

Nine:
Ika- Itenani
Igbo- Itenani

Ten:
Ika- Iri
Igbo- Iri

Its obvious that Ika language is a dialect of Igbo and has nothing to do with Bini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6q1YMCmBI

No Igbo person will say they did not understand what the lady was saying and encouraging parents to teach their language to their children. In the same way no Igbo person can say they couldn't understand an Ngwa accent or Ezzamgbo accent. They are different accents of the same language.

Alternatively, No Bini man can say they understood the lady in their language.

Please end this sort of silly threads. Igbos should stop responding to the Afonjas creating these threads. Nigeria has been begging, cajoling and persecuting Igbos at all the borders of Igboland to deny their identity. Tomorrow, they will claim Nsukka isn't Igbo because they are at the border with other ethnic groups. A particular Afoja in NL claiming to be Igbo loves to dwell in such in their futile hope to balkanize Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by frugal(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2019
Bella55555:
I'm from ottah
Where's that?
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 6:12pm On May 12, 2019
frugal:

Where's that?
in Delta ika south LGA to be precised
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by dreamwords: 10:01pm On May 12, 2019
Osagyefo98:
They are edos and not igbos
Come and grab them and change their dialect to edo, afonja he goat
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Binidefender: 3:10am On May 13, 2019
Ika is more of igbo language with, but being influence by our nearby bini culture. , we bini we are conquers, ,we faught and conquered most tribes within our proximity , including Yoruba and ibo grin

Long live great bini

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Bella55555(f): 9:38am On May 14, 2019
Jman06:
You are irrelevant!!!
I didn't ask for your opinion mtcheeeeeeew
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
buharitill2023:
that is how you fail,
bendel State comprises Edo State and Delta State.
bendel State were carve out from mid-West,
that means Delta and edo were also part of mid-Western,
onitsha was part of benin kingdom, which means onitsha will also be carve out from biafra.

Comedian of the century. Basketmouth is a learner for your side
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
I'm a south eastern Igbo but that ika dialect is way easier than most of south eastern Igbo dialects, from what I saw in the video I can boldly say I understand Ika dialect perfectly cos I heard and comprehend all she said with ease.

So, it would be unreasonable to say Ika isn't igboid dialect.

As an awka man i can tell you that the dialect there seems more intelligible to me than the ebonyi dialect, I don't even know if the language ebonyi people speak can be considered as igbo.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by LLobiorah: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:

As an awka man i can tell you that the dialect there seems more intelligible to me than the ebonyi dialect, I don't even know if the language ebonyi people speak can be considered as igbo.

If is not Igbo, what's it then? Could you enlighten us/me?
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Ejanla07: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
from agbon to ika to igbanke, they're more like binis but their appearance and language are igbos.
so don't twist the narrative, we are all omo bendel,

If thr appearance and language is Igbo, tell us how they are more like binis
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Ejanla07: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2019
Most idiots don't know most iyase(second position in Benin kingdom) were from ika.

Obaseki is from ika, ogbemudia from ika too.

So igbos come and claim them now.

They would soon start claiming urhobo, Esan as Igbo

Obaseki is bini man oga,
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Ejanla07: 12:45am On Jul 18, 2019
agadez007:
I don't know why the O.p juxtaposed ika with the so called Igbo language(as if we all in The south east speak one dialect),that's why many of them start start comparing their dialect with central Igbo thinking we all speak the same In Igboland,one day i heard an Ikwere saying that igbos call house ulo while they call it oro,little did he know that many igbo dialect don't call house ulo too
in my own dialect one to ten would be
1-ofu
2-ibuo
3-ito
4-ino
5-ise
6-isii
7-isaa
8-isato
9-iteghete/itenani
10-ili
u must be from Nnewi aguata side
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Jackonory: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2021
nextdoor84:
I can't just understand how these folks would wake up and say they are different from the Igbo's on the mainland! Kai! Just imagine what Nigeria has done to the Igbo race! Proudly nwa ekpeye!!

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Jackonory: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2021
I wonder why ibo people complain that they are disliked....
When you keep spreading false propaganda and offending others you will be shunned and despised.
Why not concern yourself with your own issues and leave others alone?

Strange behaviour.

https://www.ikaweekly.com/stop-promoting-igbo-culture-says-dein-of-agbor/#
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Jackonory: 9:42am On Apr 04, 2021
Don't flatter yourself, you arent that important

cjrane:

No Igbo person will say they did not understand what the lady was saying and encouraging parents to teach their language to their children. In the same way no Igbo person can say they couldn't understand an Ngwa accent or Ezzamgbo accent. They are different accents of the same language.

Alternatively, No Bini man can say they understood the lady in their language.

Please end this sort of silly threads. Igbos should stop responding to the Afonjas creating these threads. Nigeria has been begging, cajoling and persecuting Igbos at all the borders of Igboland to deny their identity. Tomorrow, they will claim Nsukka isn't Igbo because they are at the border with other ethnic groups. A particular Afoja in NL claiming to be Igbo loves to dwell in such in their futile hope to balkanize Igboland.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by gidgiddy: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2021
Jackonory:
I wonder why ibo people complain that they are disliked....
When you keep spreading false propaganda and offending others you will be shunned and despised.
Why not concern yourself with your own issues and leave others alone?

Strange behaviour.

https://www.ikaweekly.com/stop-promoting-igbo-culture-says-dein-of-agbor/#

Bini man, try as much as you like, you will never understand the Ika language. But every Igbo man will understand it

1 Like

Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2021
The earlier Benin people realize that their kingdom is limited to 3 LGAs the better for them.
Re: So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika by Jackonory: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
gidgiddy:

Bini man, try as much as you like, you will never understand the Ika language. But every Igbo man will understand it

https://www.academia.edu/42798338/IKA_IGBO_or_EDO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation / Breaking News: Taraba State Governor Die In Plane Crash / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.