Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81889 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by ak22(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
spyder880:
We might start the cast of this parapet today.

If you are permitted by rain . lol
Weldon sir

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
ak22:

If you are permitted by rain . lol
Weldon sir

How did you know, I am dripping from the heavy rain which is still falling now grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
The rains is unrelenting here........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2019
spyder880:
The rains is unrelenting here........
I can imagine the frustration

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by ak22(m): 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tomorrow is going to be a better day

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
ak22:
Tomorrow is going to be a better day

I have been monitoring the weather also, I think you're right. More work will be done tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
We stared from one end to cast. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
Getting ready for more tomorrow. .........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2019
I have two different portions of the main building where I decided to have a a decking done.........

But work continues this morning. ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by erico2k2(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2019
spyder880:
We stared from one end to cast. ........
This mix is rich, what's the ratio Boss angry
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2019
erico2k2:

This mix is rich, what's the ratio Boss angry

Welcome my man. We're using 1:3:4 for this particular mix. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2019
Parapet cast continues, dressing the flap of the parapet..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2019
Some of the decked portions of the parapet.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2019
The cast of the parapet on the main building has now been completed, we will need to source some small materials to continue on the BQ parapet.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2019
This is the current look of this house now.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by erico2k2(m): 10:04am On Sep 04, 2019
spyder880:

Welcome my man. We're using 1:3:4 for this particular mix. Thanks.
Nice one,more Oil to your joint cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2019
More pictures of the front...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
spyder880:
Some of the decked portions of the parapet.........

Oga mi. What will that partial decked area be used for?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
mufutau55:

Oga mi. What will that partial decked area be used for?

Hajji M.

Good evening Sir. Long time no talk, the decked portion was supposed to be open and maybe covered by ceiling, or POP. I looked at the gap as a security risk. People can climb the front and if they can break into the ceiling, they can climb into the roof void, and into the house. I wanted to make sure this is blocked by using a reinforced concrete slab to prevent that possibility. We can plaster, screed and paint the underneath of it and it will still look beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
Selecting roofing wood, buying roofing materials.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
spyder880:

Good evening Sir. Long time no talk, the decked portion was supposed to be open and maybe covered by ceiling, or POP. I looked at the gap as a security risk. People can climb the front and if they can break into the ceiling, they can climb into the roof void, and into the house. I wanted to make sure this is blocked by using a reinforced concrete slab to prevent that possibility. We can plaster, screed and paint the underneath of it and it will still look beautiful.

Thank you for always looking out for the ways to secure any security breach. You are always the best.
Yes Sir, long time indeed. But I am always here and following all your projects, just keeping it quiet ni o.
Thanks again for the explanations.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
mufutau55:

Thank you for always looking out for the ways to secure any security breach. You are always the best.
Yes Sir, long time indeed. But I am always here and following all your projects, just keeping it quiet ni o.
Thanks again for the explanations.

Hajji M.

God bless you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
Let's offload the first truck carrying roofing wood.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
spyder880:

Wise thought and great understanding of local knowledge regarding security requirement.I have always said it pays to build one's structure with security in mind in this our 9ja!

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
What type of wood are you using for the roofing. What kind of design did the architect have in mind when creating that security risk you fixed.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2019
nunnu:
What type of wood are you using for the roofing. What kind of design did the architect have in mind when creating that security risk you fixed.

We bought a kind of hard wood called "Danta" locally. It wasn't even supposed to be a security risk. It's like this in many buildings and people use different methods to close it up. But this is a more permanent fix.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by twinskenny(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2019
spyder880:

We bought a kind of hard wood called "Danta" locally. It wasn't even supposed to be a security risk. It's like this in many buildings and people use different methods to close it up. But this is a more permanent fix.
Good job baba. been a while

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
twinskenny:
Good job baba. been a while

My chairman, you just dey enjoy Lagos alone grin Welcome Baba.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by EngrKem: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
We have to tie the wall plates with wire linked with the roof beam, this is done to prevent the possibility of a very strong wind blowing away the roof.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
Then we had to set up the king post of the roof. .........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Rain is really intense here. Another heavy rain falling now. ......

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Gay Couple Who Couldn’t Afford House In UK Buy Entire Village In France (Photos) / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.