Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81558 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
Pictures of our completely cast parapet fascia on the BQ.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2019
More roofing pictures from this our project, from the main building. ...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:14am On Sep 10, 2019
More......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2019
Forming the skeleton. ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2019
From the front. .......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2019
Work is moving on as we aim to roof this house soon.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Can I get a rain stopper to hold this rain for me? grin we have been idle since morning.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Unbiased1: 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
Pls I want to know how much ( estimate ) it may cost to build a 12 - 15 storey building ( only public residential apartments ) in or close to Onitsha.
Do you also know if there is any law preventing the construction of buildings of such height in Anambra? Spyder880

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2019
Unbiased1:
Pls I want to know how much ( estimate ) it may cost to build a 12 - 15 storey building ( only public residential apartments ) in or close to Onitsha.
Do you also know if there is any law preventing the construction of buildings of such height in Anambra? Spyder880

There is no known law preventing the construction of high rise buildings in Onitsha or Anambra state. If there is a good plan to build one, I am sure the authorities in the state will approve of the building height. The criteria for approval includes;

Is the land firm enough to support such building height?
Is there enough living space for the would be occupants of the building? Ditto parking space.
Is the building plan safe enough?
Fire safety plans and escape futures
Etc.

The cost of construction will depend a lot on the building method planned. The use of an elevator will be planned for the building. If you want a building plan, we can go and inspect the land, then start the preparation of the building plans.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Unbiased1: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2019
spyder880:

There is no known law preventing the construction of high rise buildings in Onitsha or Anambra state. If there is a good plan to build one, I am sure the authorities in the state will approve of the building height. The criteria for approval includes;

Is the land firm enough to support such building height?
Is there enough living space for the would be occupants of the building? Ditto parking space.
Is the building plan safe enough?
Fire safety plans and escape futures
Etc.

The cost of construction will depend a lot on the building method planned. The use of an elevator will be planned for the building. If you want a building plan, we can go and inspect the land, then start the preparation of the building plans.

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2019
We are about to do the front porch now.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Wood to be taken up now.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
Work ongoing..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2019
The whole of the BQ, we will start the roofing by Monday. ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2019
Roofing carpentry works ongoing. We plan to commence the plastering stages as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Is it not too early to talk about plastering when you have not done the roofing yet? Just asking.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
nunnu:

Is it not too early to talk about plastering when you have not done the roofing yet? Just asking.

It's not too early, since the roof is ongoing, we should start making arrangements for materials for the plastering now. Sometimes, the preparation you make determines the level of success for every stage. Items like trips of sand could get scarce if more rains fall and trucks cannot enter the waterways to fetch them, then we will have to buy them much more expensive. This can throw a budget into disarray.

Early preparation is usually the best approach.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2019
Buying and loading more roofing wood to be used in this house. .........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Some picture updates from this out ongoing project.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
More work as we continue with the roofing carpentry. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2019
We've started roofing carpentry for the BQ. ..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:35am On Sep 18, 2019
We're speeding up the main building, target is to complete all carpentry works by Monday next week........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
More work going on here..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by frakdon(m): 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2019
nice one oga'm, well done.

congratulations.
oga'm i dey onitsha now, anything for me?
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by frakdon(m): 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
abi, make i call you tomorrow?
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 5:07am On Sep 19, 2019
frakdon:
abi, make i call you tomorrow?

You can call me anytime my brother.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by GreenArrow1(m): 6:43am On Sep 19, 2019
Good job bro. Builder here. Following your threads keenly.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by joycluv: 7:09am On Sep 19, 2019
Oga Spyder plz what is the standard thickness of a decking slab of a duplex? And also the standard size of rod to use? Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
GreenArrow1:
Good job bro. Builder here. Following your threads keenly.

Welcome Bro.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2019
joycluv:
Oga Spyder plz what is the standard thickness of a decking slab of a duplex? And also the standard size of rod to use? Thanks

All the information you are seeking are already contained in the building plan of the house. Most times, the specification on one building is not sane as another building.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2019
Some suggested looks for this house.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
Work is still ongoing on this roofing work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building / My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.