Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,105 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos (19001 Views)

David Hundeyin Accuses Tinubu Of Submitting Fake Certificate To INEC (Photos) / Copy And Paste’ — Dele Momodu Accuses Tinubu Of Repackaging Abiola’s Manifesto / Allen Onyema: MASSOB Accuses Buhari Led-Government Of Persecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 9:55pm On May 10, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Lagos is definitely someone's land but whose land in particular is what I still don't understand, certain people claim it's a Benin land others say it belongs to the aworis while others maintain it's a Yoruba land.

An average layman like myself would be confused in this quagmire of claims, until the history and ownership of Lagos is fully and indisputably clarified it is safe to say it's a no man's land.
Please
Google to find Erelu Kuti and you wil see boldly written Yoruba Royal it is our land.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2019
leokid866:

Please use Google to find Erelu Kuti and you wil see boldly written Yoruba Royal it is our land.
Really? Do you have a portion of land in Lagos for sale, I want to buy.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 9:58pm On May 10, 2019
SachaBastien:

Please exhibit daftness. The same way Nigeria used pounds before Naira was invented.

Please take it off. Each time you display it our stocks get short. Please declare your own currency so that you can be truly independent.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 10:08pm On May 10, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Really? Do you have a portion of land in Lagos for sale, I want to buy.

We have plenty to sell as long as you keep the noise down.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2019
leokid866:

We have plenty to sell as long as you keep the noise down.
Not we I mean you and do I sound noisy?
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 10:14pm On May 10, 2019
Nathdoug201:
sharap
He only has Lagos in line
Lagos is his footstool

Maybe, maybe not, what I know is we provide half the IGR so we must be doing something right.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by teddyalba(m): 5:12am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
Don't Yoruba have properties in London? Does it mean that they are British, use your sense s.

Of course they do. And some of them are British while some are not. But both the Yorubas and the Ibos living and owning properties in those climes had peace cos they learnt to assimilate and respect the norms and values of their various host soceities.

You cant be antagonistic and keep making derogatory comments in public against them like the Ibos do in Yorubaland and still expect the same friendliness. We humans are emotional beings.

Picture the scenario the Ibos would face in South Africa with a similar attitude. Telling them zulus south Africa is a no man's land. I wont want to imagine it.

We must learn to live in peace. And at the same time be a good member of the communities we find ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by olas24u(f): 5:27am On May 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Lagos is definitely someone's land but whose land in particular is what I still don't understand, certain people claim it's a Benin land others say it belongs to the aworis while others maintain it's a Yoruba land.

An average layman like myself would be confused in this quagmire of claims, until the history and ownership of Lagos is fully and indisputably clarified it is safe to say it's a no man's land.
The word no mansland originated from an igbo man called Jaja wanchukwu.lagos belongs to aworis,Benin captured a section of eko in histroy.lagos is big .

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by teddyalba(m): 5:36am On May 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:

My friend it shouldn't be the headache of the ibos. Lagos was never a bini land. When you say Awori, the word is just a reference to a dialect of yoruba just like ijebu, ijesha, ikale, ilaje, igbomina etc

To clear ignorance the bini suzerainty only occured on the place called lagos island not the entire Lagos. Lagos Island is just one of the many communities that make up Lagos State.

And the bini dynasty ended with Oba Akinsemoyin or Eletu Kekere. The other kings were direct descendants from Ologun-kutere of Ajanaku who married the sister of Oba Akinsemoyin.

The English once came under German and French suzerains who left significant influences but England never ceaze to be English. And besides the bini royalty you are making reference to too has a blood link to the yoruba royalties. Some kingdoms in yorubaland like owo, ikale, ilaje, ugbo were offshoot of bini kingdom. You cant separate the yorubas and the binis cultural affinities.

Lagos or Lagos Island is a yorubaland and that is why all the names of our landmarks such as enu owa, oju olobun, erelu, are in yoruba and yoruba is the language of our people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by teddyalba(m): 5:36am On May 11, 2019
martowskin1:
SE are the most useless zone in this country.... they keep travelling and developing other peoples home forgetting their own, the kind of property and business igbo men have in lagos, you will never see a yoruba or hausa man have it in anambra

2ndly their leaders are so so so stupid, what is their usefulness to their people.... nothing, the SE have no reason of not having atleast a port to serve all the business in the east which we know they are the best importers in this nation

during PDP rule, what did their useless leaders do, nothing....

in 4yrs buhari built a dry port in kaduna, yes thats a man who have plan to help his people and develop his own

ndigbo bu ewu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:01am On May 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
I still maintain my stand, the holy bible says "why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

If you study yourself closely and intuitively you'll get to realize to your utmost surprise that the faults which disturb you mostly in others are very strongly marked in you and a cause of annoyance to your neighbors.

Examine yourself cos change begins with you.

What we are arguing is the penchant for Ibo leaders to stir the peace of Ibos living in Lagos state .

Trust me when I say that hatred you claim I may have I don't .

My mum schooled in Enugu and speaks fluent Ibo.

My dad was in the military and we went around Nigeria while growing up and it made me a detribalised Nigerian .

I almost had an Ibo woman as my step mum until Jesus arrested her.���
Growing up I had all tribes as friends . No distinguishing between tribes . I am very tribe blind if there is anything like that .

I hope you are seeing reason with what I wrote because your last response is mellow and not as defensive as your first response .

Have a good weekend!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 6:26am On May 11, 2019
teddyalba:

Of course they do. And some of them are British while some are not. But both the Yorubas and the Ibos living and owning properties in those climes had peace cos they learnt to assimilate and respect the norms and values of their various host soceities.

You cant be antagonistic and keep making derogatory comments in public against them like the Ibos do in Yorubaland and still expect the same friendliness. We humans are emotional beings.

Picture the scenario the Ibos would face in South Africa with a similar attitude. Telling them zulus south Africa is a no man's land. I wont want to imagine it.

We must learn to live in peace. And at the same time be a good member of the communities we find ourselves.
when you guys make comments like this I laugh so hard.when or where els have you seen an Igbo man making derogatory comments against yoruba except on nairaland where both tribes have turned against themselves. I haven't hard or read about both tribes battling themselves,infact igbos have endured and shown restraints many times against Yoruba onslaught such as the destruction and looting of igbo shops and businesses in the middle of the night in oshodi when they were away during Christmas celebrations,this act was supported by the state government. 2.locking up of trade fare without due process.3 Harassment of igbos during and after the last elections, some were beaten while others had their businesses destroyed by rampaging Yoruba youths.4.Deportation of igbos unlawful by the former governor,in the face of these illegal activities igbos have shown restraints. Remember that Lagos state is not a country but a state among the 36 states of the federal republic where all Nigerians have equal rights regardless of tribe, religion or political affiliation. The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria guarantees equal human rights for all Nigerians.If you people want to yorubanize Lagos and ban others from accessing it then you guys should head to the national assembly to do that but perpetrating wickedness against other tribes while yours are working in the oil companies located elsewhere, most of the staff of Lagos based companies working in other states are Yoruba no one treats you people harshly but you have started something that is likely to cause trouble in Nigeria and when the flames begin you wil blame others and take cover under the agbada of the north.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 7:11am On May 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Not we I mean you and do I sound noisy?
I have but they all in rent, i have quiet enough in the pocket to want to sell.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 7:25am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
when you guys make comments like this I laugh so hard.when or where els have you seen an Igbo man making derogatory comments against yoruba except on nairaland where both tribes have turned against themselves. I haven't hard or read about both tribes battling themselves,infact igbos have endured and shown restraints many times against Yoruba onslaught such as the destruction and looting of igbo shops and businesses in the middle of the night in oshodi when they were away during Christmas celebrations,this act was supported by the state government. 2.locking up of trade fare without due process.3 Harassment of igbos during and after the last elections, some were beaten while others had their businesses destroyed by rampaging Yoruba youths.4.Deportation of igbos unlawful by the former governor,in the face of these illegal activities igbos have shown restraints. Remember that Lagos state is not a country but a state among the 36 states of the federal republic where all Nigerians have equal rights regardless of tribe, religion or political affiliation. The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria guarantees equal human rights for all Nigerians.If you people want to yorubanize Lagos and ban others from accessing it then you guys should head to the national assembly to do that but perpetrating wickedness against other tribes while yours are working in the oil companies located elsewhere, most of the staff of Lagos based companies working in other states are Yoruba no one treats you people harshly but you have started something that is likely to cause trouble in Nigeria and when the flames begin you wil blame others and take cover under the agbada of the north.

Yoruba onslaught, I laugh at you. Stop showing restraint and come get your pound of flesh. Talking as if Yorubas don't face any challenges in lagos. And we are a state not a country so who is deporting you? You came here to make money refused to respect the land and owners and start complaining about unfair treatment. You were given a choice stay and respect the land or leave, is that one deportation? Also at least we have a blanket to fall back to, if you learnt to make friends maybe you would have one too. And what do you mean harassment of igbos during the last elections like it was only igbos that were hurt during all the nonsense of the last elections.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 7:29am On May 11, 2019
leokid866:

Yoruba onslaught, I laugh at you. Stop showing restraint and come get your pound of flesh. Talking as if Yorubas don't face any challenges in lagos. And we are a state not a country so who is deporting you? You came here to make money refused to respect the land and owners and start complaining about unfair treatment. You were given a choice stay and respect the land or leave, is that one deportation? Also at least we have a blanket to fall back to, if you learnt to make friends maybe you would have one too. And what do you mean harassment of igbos during the last elections like it was only igbos that were hurt during all the nonsense of the last elections.
what do you mean by respect you Instead of you to say respect the constitution. Pls you guys should stop making problems from where there is none.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Strikethem: 7:33am On May 11, 2019
[s]
Bridget95:
[/s]What you put down here have proved that you don't have iota of sense. Can you provide proof that the igbo shops were looted and provide evidence it is supported by the govt. If not for your stupidity in thinking before posting, you would have provided proof and stop disgracing your family here on nairaland with your talking without thinking. If govt support, do you think you wouldn't have gone back to your village. How can they Yorubanize already Yoruba land.

I have always advice you to always try to think before posting to avoid disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Strikethem: 7:34am On May 11, 2019
leokid866:

Don't mind the fool. Is it Yoruba that is looting shop in onitsha and aba.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Strikethem: 7:36am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
what do you mean by respect you Instead of you to say respect the constitution. Pls you guys should stop making problems from where there is none.
If they born your people, let them try such nonsense in the north or south Africa.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 7:40am On May 11, 2019
Strikethem:
[s][/s]What you put down here have proved that you don't have iota of sense. Can you provide proof that the igbo shops were looted and provide evidence it is supported by the govt. If not for your stupidity in thinking before posting, you would have provided proof and stop disgracing your family here on nairaland with your talking without thinking. If govt support, do you think you wouldn't have gone back to your village. How can they Yorubanize already Yoruba land.

I have always advice you to always try to think before posting to avoid disgrace.
when you guys are faced with truth you resort to insults later you guys will accuse others of disrespecting you and painting yourselves as the most mannered when in reality you guys are filled with pretence.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 7:43am On May 11, 2019
Strikethem:
If they born your people, let them try such nonsense in the north or south Africa.
Go back to school my friend and stop being a social media nuisance.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Strikethem: 7:51am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
when you guys are faced with truth you resort to insults later you guys will accuse others of disrespecting you and painting yourselves as the most mannered when in reality you guys are filled with pretence.
Lol, truth, who is saying it. Where is the evidence of your so called truth. Does lazy thinker like you know what truth is?

What is truth without proof.

Why not show the evidence.

Why not tell us the truth about the igbos looting shops in onitsha and aba and provide evidence it is supported by anambra and abia govts.

Some of you will just put your thinking faculty in one side and talk trash. See who is saying the truth.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 7:57am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:

You should respect the constitution as Nigerian and the Yorubas as the owners of the land, you wouldn't go to any other multi ethnic country and say you want to be respecting the constitution and shit on your primary host. If it's sure for you try it in China.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Strikethem: 7:57am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
Go back to school my friend and stop being a social media nuisance.
See zombie, when did lazy thinking idiot start having opinion. What do you know about school.

You sure you go school but find it hard to think before talking.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by leokid866: 7:58am On May 11, 2019
Strikethem:
Lol, truth, who is saying it. Where is the evidence of your so called truth. Does lazy thinker like you know what truth is?

What is truth without proof.

Why not show the evidence.

Why not tell us the truth about the igbos looting shops in onitsha and aba and provide evidence it is supported by anambra and abia govts.

Some of you will just put your thinking faculty in one side and talk trash. See who is saying the truth.

Anambra and Abia are they not your people or you would denie them too?
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by tobiasbeecher: 8:16am On May 11, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

Many of us don't harbour the kind of hatred Ibos harbour for others.

Maybe you didn't understand my written English well, so let me break it down for you .

MASSOB are being provocative pitting Ibos and Yorubas against each other with the message posted .
Matured minds will ask them where they got their facts from before believing it or acting on it.

Why are they doing this

Is it the right thing to do?

It's high time you ask yourself what legaacy Ibo leaders are leaving for their youths apart from being hated by all.

You cant always be on edge with your hosts ke?

I have many Ibo friends that we don't relate with this ethnic bias I see on Nairaland . That's how we should relate .

You can teach your elders that we can exist in peace are harmony .It's not that difficult .

When MASSOB and IPOB rear their divisiveness, ask them politely why they don't want to leave a better world for their younger ones.
Shut up, you are worse than the people you are accusing you bitter ethnic bigot!
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by QuotaSystem: 8:25am On May 11, 2019
Bridget95:
Don't Yoruba have properties in London? Does it mean that they are British, use your sense s.

The difference is that they don't insult the Queen or Londoners like Igbos do to the Oba/Lagosians and other Nigerians they live among. They don't call London no man's land or call Britain a zoo either.

Big difference.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 8:37am On May 11, 2019
Strikethem:
See zombie, when did lazy thinking idiot start having opinion. What do you know about school.

You sure you go school but find it hard to think before talking.
talking shii is your line of reasoning
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 8:40am On May 11, 2019
leokid866:

You should respect the constitution as Nigerian and the Yorubas as the owners of the land, you wouldn't go to any other multi ethnic country and say you want to be respecting the constitution and shit on your primary host. If it's sure for you try it in China.
where is your sense? China is a country, Lagos is a state. you all Nigerians have equal rights there. So Nigerias should prostrate every morning to you before you will be satisfied baa? Go and drink brukutu.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by tobiasbeecher: 8:40am On May 11, 2019
QuotaSystem:

The difference is that they don't insult the Queen or Londoners like Igbos do to the Oba/Lagosians and other Nigerians they live among. They don't call London no man's land or call Britain a zoo either.

Big difference.
Can you show me a proof where Igbos as ethnic group came together to insult and forment trouble in any part of Lagos? If you can't show me this, please shut up once and for all and let us have peace.
Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by QuotaSystem: 9:00am On May 11, 2019
tobiasbeecher:

Can you show me a proof where Igbos as ethnic group came together to insult and forment trouble in any part of Lagos? If you can't show me this, please shut up once and for all and let us have peace.

IPOB is an Igbo group and they consistently insult Yorubas and other Nigerians despite living amongst them including the Oba of Lagos. Nigerians living in other countries do not do that either individually or as a group so your argument is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos by Stingman: 9:09am On May 11, 2019
QuotaSystem:

IPOB is an Igbo group and they consistently insult Yorubas and other Nigerians despite living amongst them including the Oba of Lagos. Nigerians living in other countries do not do that either individually or as a group so your argument is irrelevant.

What of Miyetti Allah, an Hausa/Fulani group that have gone more than insulting all Nigerians, by killing them in thousands and destroying their communities. Could you imagine what you would have done or say if Miyetti Allah was IPOB? Nigeria has massive problem because different people with distinct cultural values and aspirations are lumped together by force...Lugard didn't consult the people before the different groups were merged together in 1914.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: INEC Expresses Fear Over IPOB Week-Long Sit-At-Home Order / President Buhari Commissions State And Federal Projects In Maiduguri (Photos) / Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.