Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos (53609 Views)

Humanitarian Ministry Scandals: EFCC Seizes Edu, Sadiya Umar-Farouq's Passports / Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos / EFCC Seizes Passport Of Joe Agi For Paying $30,000 Into Onnoghen's Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by FastShipping: 12:13pm On May 12, 2019
blowjohn:

Answer the guy. Ur both a part of this thread and forum

Force my mouth open. Clown.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by FastShipping: 12:16pm On May 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

Says who?
Somi1 who is still grappling with basic feeding is declaring a British trained medical doctor,former bank MD,2 term governor, 2 term senator and Senate president done.
What percentage of Nigerians get to achieve all these in their lifetimes?
Less than 0.00000000001%

Clown. I have the means to feed your lineage for 30 years. I have legitimate source of income and on the other hand Saraki the Fulani Lord and your savior never worked or earned his money legitimately except to steal from government.

Just get out clown.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Seniorcitizen(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2019
hello ,please I want to rent a good shop in Enugu town.anyone that knows any shop agent or kno any available shop should pls DM 080---6363--0667
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Gentew(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2019
Chikpat:
I have never seen a country like Nigeria and a people like some Nigerians. Politicians steal from their common wealth and steal away their prosperity. Yet, any attempt to get justice, the same people who are being robbed by managers of the system never cease to rise to defend nonsense and rant "witch hunting". Saraki was too scandalous, idiots can say he was the best senate president for understandable reasons (he worked against his former party and his country for most of the time)... However, he should have lived above suspicion so that whenever they come for him, we would know what it is...This is no witch hunting and the guy should face the music. Nigeria deserves better

Sir, tell them to follow due process and stop all these drama.... We've had enough!!! The only crime Saraki committed was to become a senate president in his country!!!
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by dokyOloye: 12:45pm On May 12, 2019
FastShipping:

Clown. I have the means to feed your lineage for 30 years. I have legitimate source of income and on the other hand Saraki the Fulani Lord and your savior never worked or earned his money legitimately except to steal from government.

Just get out clown.
Na so una de come boast online.
Your train of thought/line of reasoning is rather on the poor/'vanity upon vanity' side.
Somebody who feeds easily talk more of feeding a generation will not say a VVIP like Saraki is done.
Rich ppl NEVER ever reason like that.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by FastShipping: 1:17pm On May 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

Na so una de come boast online.
Your train of thought/line of reasoning is rather on the poor/'vanity upon vanity' side.
Somebody who feeds easily talk more of feeding a generation will not say a VVIP like Saraki is done.
Rich ppl NEVER ever reason like that.

Clown. I repeat, Saraki is done. Continue crying. . .
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2019
dachilino:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has seized Senate President Bukola Saraki's houses as they also marked others.Bukola Saraki's houses seized by the EFCC are reportedly located at 15a, 15b and 17 MacDonald Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. It was gathered that the EFCC who were unsure of the actual property that belonged to the Senate President, decided to place inscriptions and stickers on all of them.

According to insiders, 15a and 15b were declared by Saraki in his asset declaration form, it is believed that some other houses on the street were bought by the Senate President from the Presidential Implementation Committee for the Sales of Government Property through shell companies. A relative who spoke to Sunday Punch on condition of anonymity said;

“The EFCC had been making inquiries into the finances and assets of Saraki for quite some time. They came to inscribe ‘EFCC, Under Investigation’ in red on the walls and the fences. The irony is that even houses that don’t belong to Saraki were marked. From what we were told, they are keeping him under strict surveillance ahead of May 29, 2019 when they may invite him.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/12/efcc-seizes-sarakis-houses-marks-others-in-lagos/

Does it mean Saraki will run out of Nigeria after his tenure as SP?

Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by ivandragon: 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
Honor10:

yes, he is hitting PDP elites bad and so shall it continue to be, u must be really daft to think PMB will start prosecuting his allies/those people they are working together in the same government, and u must be stupid to expect PMB to start fighting everybody, even PMB won't survive it, every top politicians is corrupt or at least have a deal that should not be made open.

So u guys in ur dumbness expect PMB to start prosecuting Tinubu, Oshiomole, Amaechi etc, if he declare war on these people, u think even PMB can survive it? or u think governance is one man? even as dumb as Jonathan is, he won't do that. The fight will be one-sided for now, no one can take care of every corrupt politicians at once especially in Nigeria, the earlier u get this, the earlier u are relieve of ur pain and sorrow.

yet, in your stup!dity, you think that a skewered anti corruption fight is best for the country...

you as as morally incompetent as they come.

where is the integrity, where is the fairness?

you obviously don't even know what honour is. you are a confused kakapo.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by 4gunners(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2019
ivandragon:

yet, in your stup!dity, you think that a skewered anti corruption fight is best for the country...

I've been following your submission, it pains me that we still have people that will rant over these politicians. You're clamouring for equity and justice. Good, It's a lofty idea, and we wish our dear country gets to that point. We all know with the current crop of leaders, that cannot happen in the nearest future (the youth coming behind also leave so much to be desired). But, if the present government is prosecuting some people, there is no need to loose sleep. Lets them go and clear themselves. Why cry more than the bereaved?These are people living large on our common wealth.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Oblang(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2019
jimi4us:
why don't you shut the fckup and let Saraki and kwarans settle themselves

Yea kwarans have spoken by voting out Saraki and his minions..
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by ivandragon: 2:45pm On May 12, 2019
4gunners:

I've been following your submission, it pains me that we still have people that will rant over these politicians. You're clamouring for equity and justice. Good, It's a lofty idea, and we wish our dear country gets to that point. We all know with the current crop of leaders, that cannot happen in the nearest future (the youth coming behind also leave so much to be desired). But, if the present government is prosecuting some people, there is no need to loose sleep. Lets them go and clear themselves. Why cry more than the bereaved?These are people living large on our common wealth.

if you were following my submissions with an unbiased mind, you would understand why the twisted idea of 'catch some, let others catch others when it's their turn' can't work.

I pointed to persons like Obanikoro, Slyva & Omisore who had their seized possessions returned to them as soon as they became 'saints' with the APC.

if another party gets into power, they simply port as required & continue the looting.

while you seem to support the happy go lucky type of anti corruption fight, I prefer justice & institutionalisation of laws.

it's your choice to support double standards & uneven application of laws/regulations because you feel helpless to challenge what is wrong.

by the way, didn't the president say there would be no sacred cows?

http://aitonline.tv/post-there_are_no_sacred_cows_in_my_administration_s_anti_corruption_campaign_____buhari?fb_comment_id=1610477275720049_1611099155657861

https://m.guardian.ng/news/why-the-elite-hates-buhari/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/no-sacred-cows-in-the-application-of-rule-of-law-under-buhari-says-osinbajo.html

except you say PMB & his presidency are liars & deceivers, only then will your twisted logic be justified.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by googi: 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
Makes you wonder why people support any crook under disguise of due process while the same people lynch common hungry man stealing food.

Which country, including China, has taken all the looters at one go and dispossessed them or throw them in jail?

Anyone using that as excuse, waiting until all others like Tinubu and co. are prosecuted is an hypocritical saboteur.

Let crooks prosecute crooks anytime in or out of power. People cried against Ribadu as well.

When as it become a crime to seize properties of known crooks?

Chikpat:
I have never seen a country like Nigeria and a people like some Nigerians. Politicians steal from their common wealth and steal away their prosperity. Yet, any attempt to get justice, the same people who are being robbed by managers of the system never cease to rise to defend nonsense and rant "witch hunting". Saraki was too scandalous, idiots can say he was the best senate president for understandable reasons (he worked against his former party and his country for most of the time)... However, he should have lived above suspicion so that whenever they come for him, we would know what it is...This is no witch hunting and the guy should face the music. Nigeria deserves better

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by BabaAduras: 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
dirtycoin:
PMB is very good at crippling his political opponents and flouting court orders. These are the only areas he earns A1.

So it was PMB that listed Saraki in the "Wikileaks" listing all he stole and was hiding with Panama shell companies.

He joined his fellow looters to take over NASS to protect his loots. Now that he's lost the protection and EFCC is going after him, thoughtless people like you are shouting persecution.

If you have forgotten, he thought by sponsoring and supporting PMB, he will be protected. When he realized PMB was not going to protect him by supporting him for the Senate Presidency, he went against the party and PMB to join fellow looters to take over NASS. He has since then doing everything to damage PMB presidency.

If you like shout from here to high heavens, it will not change the fact that Saraki is a thief and you are nothing but supporters of stealing and looting.

You people of short memories. We Afonjas will tell you "iyan odun merin n gbona" - nothing is forgotten. He was using NASS as cover for four years, now the chicken has come home to roost. He will answer for his deeds.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Charly68: 3:29pm On May 12, 2019
That is the other side of Nigeria's politics ,they want to help him waste his ill gotten wealth a little thereafter they may let him be..
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:48pm On May 12, 2019
Akanoomobowale:

pls ma read and comprehend well.....what was written on the house was under investigation keep off not confiscated and it is normal practice all over the world ma......Try and watch CNN sometimes so you can understand some of D's things better pls.
When it involves searching a house, you get a warrant not sealing the person's houses!!!

What investigation are they carrying out without the court order

You can't just seal someone's house anyhow!!!

You mentioned CNN

Please don't just go there!!!
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Honor10: 4:02pm On May 12, 2019
ivandragon:

I can see that ur IQ is a single digit, yes, skewed anti corruption fight is beta than no corruption fight. Saraki will be hunted down, if it pain u, kill urself. Nonsense
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by ivandragon: 4:07pm On May 12, 2019
Honor10:

I can see that ur IQ is a single digit, yes, skewed anti corruption fight is beta than no corruption fight. Saraki will be hunted down, if it pain u, kill urself. Nonsense

clean the dribble from your lips. you continually come across as rabid mammal.

you are free to be a hypocrite & have double standards as your guiding moral principle. enjoy your two-faced motto.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by bionixs: 4:13pm On May 12, 2019
FastShipping:
Saraki is done!
like who in Nigeria. when will you start reasoning like sane human? prove for once that your school fees are not wasted funds
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by FastShipping: 4:18pm On May 12, 2019
bionixs:
like who in Nigeria. when will you start reasoning like sane human? prove for once that your school fees are not wasted funds

Get out Ipob clown. Any corrupt fools in the society you support them and whoever you hopeless clowns support always lose.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Bimpe29: 4:57pm On May 12, 2019
They should seize his international passport as well.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by plaindealer: 5:44pm On May 12, 2019
Presidential Implementation Committee for the Sales of Government Property

One of the most vicious institutionalized looting and stealing schemes in Nigeria, this is how politicians and their cronies end up with properties and why Nigeria is so far behind, broke and backward.

Our money is not the only thing they are stealing and diverting, they created their own government schemes to divert and share public properties all over the country.

Imagine, we build mansions for government officials for N100, they turn around and share them free of charge or they pay N1, then turn around and award contracts to build more mansions for the or incoming public official and repeat the whole looting and diverting process all over again. This is how people like Saraki end up with dozens of mansions all over the country.

The undeclared assets were identified as: 11 Evans Enwerem Street, Apo Legislative Quarters, Apo, Abuja; Plot 2633 Kyami, Abuja; Housing Estate; Plot 1106 CRD, Cadastral Zone 07-07, Lugbe, Abuja; Plot 2782, Asokoro Extension, Abuja; houses at Citi Park Estate, Gwagwalada, Abuja and Plot 1474, Cadastral Zone BD6, Mabushi, Abuja.

Other properties allegedly undeclared by the senator include Congress Court, Abuja; Flat 1, Block D25, Athletics Street, (24th Street), Games Village, Abuja; and Plot 66, 64 Crescent, Gwarimpa Estate, Abuja.

https://punchng.com/efcc-detains-ekweremadu-over-22-properties/

This is how people like Ekeremadu end up with dozens of mansions all over Lagos and Abuja apart from the ones in the USA, UK and Dubai.

Rampant pillaging, official fraud and waste are the reasons why there's never enough money for people-oriented infrastructures and even power supply.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by zinizta: 6:29pm On May 12, 2019
Rosebloom:
They should stop with the witch hunt already

Is Saraki your father?
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Basher8583: 7:20pm On May 12, 2019
dirtycoin:
PMB is very good at crippling his political opponents and flouting court orders. These are the only areas he earns A1.

Ehennn... Nawa oh... So a lifeless one can get A1 in crippling opponents that are full of life.

What a miracle
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Bidi123: 7:25pm On May 12, 2019
President Buhari has nothing good to offer rather than witch hunt of his opponents and disunity.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Basher8583: 7:33pm On May 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

Says who?
Somi1 who is still grappling with basic feeding is declaring a British trained medical doctor,former bank MD,2 term governor, 2 term senator and Senate president done.
What percentage of Nigerians get to achieve all these in their lifetimes?
Less than 0.00000000001%

Olodo. Now lets go through his achievments again;
1. British trained medical doctor---- Never practiced for once. Liscence probably revoked

2. Former Bank MD -- How do you glorify someone who cant even manage a bank and ran it aground, throwing hundreds of staff into the labor market and loosing customer deposits.

3. Two term senator and Senate president ---- As a failed MD, how do you expect him to be a successful Senator let alone a senate president.

All he had were opportunities for his incompetent self
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by 4gunners(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2019
ivandragon:

if you were following my submissions with an unbiased mind, you would understand why the twisted idea of 'catch some, let others catch others when it's their turn' can't work.

I pointed to persons like Obanikoro, Slyva & Omisore who had their seized possessions returned to them as soon as they became 'saints' with the APC.

if another party gets into power, they simply port as required & continue the looting.

while you seem to support the happy go lucky type of anti corruption fight, I prefer justice & institutionalisation of laws.

it's your choice to support double standards & uneven application of laws/regulations because you feel helpless to challenge what is wrong.

by the way, didn't the president say there would be no sacred cows?

http://aitonline.tv/post-there_are_no_sacred_cows_in_my_administration_s_anti_corruption_campaign_____buhari?fb_comment_id=1610477275720049_1611099155657861

https://m.guardian.ng/news/why-the-elite-hates-buhari/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/no-sacred-cows-in-the-application-of-rule-of-law-under-buhari-says-osinbajo.html

except you say PMB & his presidency are liars & deceivers, only then will your twisted logic be justified.

I'm surprised you are asking me if PMB and his presidency are liars, when you are not new topolitics of Nigeria. Politicians are known to speak from both sides of their mouth. Tell me what you really want, should this present administration stop prosecuting politicians who they suspected to have stolen our common wealth. I can remember vividly, a former governor in this same party was convicted by the court of law sometimes ago. Yes, the anti -corruption war seems lopsided, but it is not enough to take a swipe at the whole process. Lets anyone who is called to explain how he/she acquired property X, Y do so without fear.

Institution building is gradual and takes time. Even in the developed countries, the president can still have it's way. A typical example is the Mueller report which exonerate Trump from colluding with Russia. It was alleged that Trump subdued some evidence. My point is: an "insane" country like Nigeria cannot afford not to do anything, even if it's 'witch-hunt' as u posited. Gradually, we'll get to a point where institutions can stand tall. Should we wait till then? NO

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by ivandragon: 8:13pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=4gunners post=78336569]

I'm surprised you are asking me if PMB and his presidency are liars, when you are not new topolitics of Nigeria. Politicians are known to speak from both sides of their mouth. Tell me what you really want, should this present administration stop prosecuting politicians who they suspected to have stolen our common wealth. I can remember vividly, a former governor in this same party was convicted by the court of law sometimes ago. Yes, the anti -corruption war seems lopsided, but it is not enough to take a swipe at the whole process. Lets anyone who is called to explain how he/she acquired property X, Y do so without fear.

Institution building is gradual and takes time. Even in the developed countries, the president can still have it's way. A typical example is the Mueller report which exonerate Trump from colluding with Russia. It was alleged that Trump subdued some evidence. My point is: an "insane" country like Nigeria cannot afford not to do anything, even if it's 'witch-hunt' as u posited. Gradually, we'll get to a point where institutions can stand tall. Should we wait till then? NO
[/quote

I really don't get the whole hallabalu about my position on this issue.

you have just readily admitted that PMB is a liar & deciever, yet you are talking about building institutions.

can a liar & deceiver build institutions that will serve the interest of the nation?

is it wrong for citizens to point out the hypocrisy in the activities of government?

besides, I never called saraki's travails a witch hunt, I am only saying that there are certain big wigs in the APC who the EFCC can also go after to give impetus to its fight.

I fail to see how liars & hypocrites can build sustainable & just institutions, you are however entitled to your own views on the matter.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Chikpat(m): 9:05pm On May 12, 2019
Gentew:

Sir, tell them to follow due process and stop all these drama.... We've had enough!!! The only crime Saraki committed was to become a senate president in his country!!!

Always comment on issues when you know the fundamentals. Did Saraki liquidate the Societe General Bank because he was the senate president in his country? Did Saraki loot Kwara State because he was the senate president in his country? Was Saraki indicted in the Panama papers scandal because he was the senate president in his country? I can go on and on and it will still not change your ideology. Saraki has never been above suspicion. Why did the party not support him to be the senate president of his own country? The scandals and corruption that adorn his social and political career, nothing else! You should not make yourself a part of the problem with Nigeria!!
Stop supporting nonsense wherever you see it. That way you become better, and your country becomes better too!
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Akanoomobowale(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2019
ivandragon:

so Fayose did not have immunity when he was being investigated?

Ortom does not have immunity?

Wike does not have immunity?

please, find another excuse to defend hypocrisy...

All the people you mentioned have they been charged or prosecuted apart from fayose who is out of office.... Nobody can touch dat man even if he steals the whole Nigeria for the four year.....so you should direct ur anger towards the constitution because that wat the law says.... immunity
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Akanoomobowale(m): 9:20pm On May 12, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

When it involves searching a house, you get a warrant not sealing the person's houses!!!

What investigation are they carrying out without the court order

You can't just seal someone's house anyhow!!!

You mentioned CNN

Please don't just go there!!!
Ma I will repeat myself again....the word is under investigation keep off is totally different from the word house sealed.....saraki still have access to that house Wen ever he wants...... plus ma you don't need court order to investigate anyone...... investigation is done all over the world without court other.
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by abu99err(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=ivandragon post=78336985][/quote]

how will this institutions be built?

how long do you think it will take to built this Institutions?

do you think the National assembly is a vital part of building this institutions?

what is Bukola Saraki's National assembly contribution to the Building of this Institutions?
Re: EFCC Seizes Saraki’s Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by ivandragon: 9:43pm On May 12, 2019
Akanoomobowale:

All the people you mentioned have they been charged or prosecuted apart from fayose who is out of office.... Nobody can touch dat man even if he steals the whole Nigeria for the four year.....so you should direct ur anger towards the constitution because that wat the law says.... immunity

I really don't get you chaps that always support double standards...

https://www.thecable.ng/immunity-not-cover-investigation-efcc-tells-fayose/amp

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/ortom-efcc-freezes-benue-states-bank-accounts-governor-claims-witchhunt/57wh79e

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/efcc-anti-graft-agency-freezes-akwa-ibom-government-bank-accounts/tvwzth2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: 'FG Moves N18bn Cash Through Akure Airport' - Lere Olayinka / Atiku, PDP Campaign Rally In Borno State (Photos) / Al-Jazeera Portrays Nigerian Women As Prostitutes: Nigerians On Twitter React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.