Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (66865 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2019
TATIME:

Are you saying the same Holy Spirit from God will tell some worshipers "enter God's presence with your footwear" and withing the same community tell worshipers of the SAME God "you must NOT enter God's presence with your footwear"
Please how are you going to explain to a worshiper of Ogun that the god you worship is superior, since your god and their gods gives different orders to their worshipers
All the worshipers of deities in Yoruba lands agreed that Olodumare[Alimighty] is the one all of them are worshiping, but too pure to approach so they beg other smaller gods[whose likes and dislikes differs] to act as mediators between them and the Almighty. That is why their rules differs.
So is it the case the same with the spirit of the God you worship
Before I answer this your question, would you please let me know your opinion as per shoes and worship!

I will like you to answer this question truthfully with a YES or NO!
1. Will Jehovah God reject your worship if you are in your shoes/sandals?
2. Will Jehovah God reject your worship if you are NOT in your shoes/sandals?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:55am On May 20, 2019
TATIME:

Are you saying the same Holy Spirit from God will tell some worshipers "enter God's presence with your footwear" and withing the same community tell worshipers of the SAME God "you must NOT enter God's presence with your footwear"
Please how are you going to explain to a worshiper of Ogun that the god you worship is superior, since your god and their gods gives different orders to their worshipers
All the worshipers of deities in Yoruba lands agreed that Olodumare[Alimighty] is the one all of them are worshiping, but too pure to approach so they beg other smaller gods[whose likes and dislikes differs] to act as mediators between them and the Almighty. That is why their rules differs.
So is it the case the same with the spirit of the God you worship
Good morning Sir,
You're welcome on board to our thread titled 'Note' but later changed to 'Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's witness'
I 'Maximus' am the so called Jehovah's witness and shadeyinka is the so called Christian!
Please this your question is just too heavy for us to answer because it will CLEARLY show the type of god we're worshiping Sir! Deuteronomy 6:4 cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:08am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Before I answer this your question, would you please let me know your opinion as per shoes and worship!

Well i was a Muslim and i believed all Muslims worships Allah unlike the so called Christians with various conflicting theories.
I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses after their persistent knocking on my door and today i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm saying all these first so as to erase all thoughts of seemingly supporting the JW here!
So according to the Bible, God spoke to Israelites[HIS only approved worshipers in ancient times] by means of prophets,using dreams,visions and so on. But in our time HE speaks through one person Jesus! Hebrew 1:1
Therefore i don't think that same God will speak different things as serious as standards to HIS modern day worshipers! Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2019
TATIME:
Well i was a Muslim and i believed all Muslims worships Allah unlike the so called Christians with various conflicting theories.
I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses after their persistent knocking on my door and today i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm saying all these first so as to erase all thoughts of seemingly supporting the JW here!
So according to the Bible, God spoke to Israelites[HIS only approved worshipers in ancient times] by means of prophets,using dreams,visions and so on. But in our time HE speaks through one person Jesus! Hebrew 1:1
Therefore i don't think that same God will speak different things as serious as standards to HIS modern day worshipers! Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
I wish you have answered the two extremely simple questions.
You were a Muslim who converted to Jehovah's Witness!
But you raised up the issue of shoes and worship as a conflict...
I will joyfully address your question but answer this so that I know we are referencing/understanding the issue from valid and the same perspective.
The question again!

[quotte author=shadeyinka post=78547827]

2. Will Jehovah God reject your worship if you are NOT in your shoes/sandals? [/quotte]
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 9:59am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am happy you are asking good questions.

1. Who decides who gets Born again?
God alone has the exclusive right to make a person born again.

John 3:16-17:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

No one gets born again by a "personal decision" but by depending on the INTEGRITY OF GOD.

God says in His Words:

Luk 11:9-10,13:
"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. … If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

To have the Holy Spirit as your SEAL, you need to ask by FAITH (Trusting in God's integrity).

Jesus explained it (Born Again) by comparing it to the Serpent in the wilderness.

Num 21:7: "Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people."

Num 21:8: "And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."

Num 21:9: "And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived."

If Anyone who is bitten by the serpent believes in the integrity of God and his solution AND acts by Faith by Looking at the bronze Serpent, such would not die (he has a new life)

Explain John 3:8 as it relate to the subject above

John 3:8: "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

There is no physical attribute to a person born again. It isn't a physical event but a spiritual operation done by God. This was in response to Nicodemus
John 3:4:
"Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb , and be born?"

Nicodemus was thinking in terms of a physical/outward "born again".

He who is Born Again is sealed by the Spirit of God

2Cor 1:22: "Who hath also sealed us, [/b]and given the earnest of the [b]Spirit in our hearts."

Eph 1:13: "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

Eph 4:30: And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Hope I answered your questions

You definitely tried , But I smell some contradictions , You admitted only God can perform the operation to make a person born again, but you went ahead to state the red which is in itself a personal decision, someone desiring to Depend on the integrity of God in other to be born again. You therefore nullify your earlier claim as this means the individual kick start the process !

This stand on God doing it would also affect and nullify the Church idea of kneel down and pray so that you can become a born again ., agree ?

Lastly, does Having Holy spirit means one is born again ? Didn't Moses have holy spirit, Didn't David , Didn't John the baptist ? Are they born again ?

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 10:25am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

No Sir. It doesn't.
Foreknowledge = knowing things before they happened!
Predestination = fixing a destiny before a persons existence!

Gods foreknowledge is knowing the end from the beginning. It means God isn't subject to TIME hence, God can see whatever he wants to see.

Foreknowledge doesn't negate free will. It just simply means that whatever freewill you will decide has been seen by God
(like God goes into the future to see what your decision was from the past)

Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

This scripture speaking of our salvation is saying
1. God foreknew us humans
2. Those who God foreknew would be His own God Predestined to be like Jesus
3. These same people God foreknew and predestinated God also called
4. These same people who God foreknew, predestinated and called are also justified and glorified.

Summary:
God had perfected them who would be saved from the foundation of the world (before they were even created)

I hope I've answered your questions

The highlighted raise a vital question which will serve to test if your hypothesis is correct!!!

: Does God foreknow the freewill Abraham will exercise in this case below ?

" Then he said, "Do not lay a hand on the boy or do anything to him. For now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your only son from me." - Genesis 22:12

If he does knew what Abraham will do, Why say " For NOW I KNOW " ?

3 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 10:36am On May 20, 2019
Its true someone else ask this question but am interested.

shadeyinka:

There are two major beasts spoken about in Revelation.
1. The beast with seven Heads
"Rev 13:1: "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

2. The beast with Two Heads
Rev 13:11: "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

Satan himself is the Dragon who gave powers to the beasts

Rev 13:4:
"And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast : and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

The two beasts aren't literal. They are figurative expression of Satan ruling over the Governments of this world through his instruments .

The beasts are FIGURATIVE but the fire into which they are thrown is LITERAL , Right ? Don't you see the obvious already

If they represent Government of this world, and Daniel 2:44 speak about [coming to an end] of this Governments, does that not support that the fire into which they are thrown also represent the entire end of world Government rather than Government , coat of arm, national flags, structures been burned in a literal fire ?

Its actually important to understand this because Satan will end up just like this world governments , Revelation 20:10 says ' Where they [World government ] are ' are they been burned or pushed out of existence as rulers ?

The most solemn warning in the Bible is given to people who worship the beast.

“If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath.” Revelation 14:9,10

It seems that the second beast with two heads is also referred to as the False Prophet

Rev 16:13: "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

Rev 19:20:
"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Rev 20:10: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever"

Addressed in my earlier question.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 10:50am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka5:

And most of them inspite of the differing doctrines will enter paradise. But you will discover you've been 419'd when you die!
Just imagine after death to discover that you are still alive.
Maybe then you will remember how you have been misled!

A perfect oxymoron!

Until a person is ressurected, they are never Alive.

" Why are you looking for the living one AMONG the dead " an angel ask @ Luke 24:5.
Exposing your hypothesis.

You can't be dead and alive.

2 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 10:51am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Thank you for making me paste up the proper definition of a denominationalist.

A denominationalist is sectarianist!
de·nom·i·na·tion·al·ism (dĭ-nŏm′ə-nā′shə-nə-lĭz′əm)
n.
1. The tendency to separate into religious denominations.
2. Advocacy of separation into religious denominations.
3. Strict adherence to a denomination; sectarianism.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/denominationalist

It doesn't mean one who doesn't go to any church.

If I happen to move to another city, the most convenient denomination who preach Christ alone is my family and that is where I will worship!

I am not BOUND to any denomination!

[quote author=shadeyinka post=78525936]
I am ECWA!

C&S churches do not allow putting on of shoes or sandals inside their church. In my church, we put on shoes.
This doesn't make either of us inferior or superior to the other as far as Christ is concerned

This Bro said :" I am ECWA !" In my Church , we put on shoes...."

(1) to (3) of your definition of Denominationalist strongly supports your claims "I am ECWA !"

*** This Bro did a somersault to wound himself....
" I am not BOUND to any denomination..."

"I am a Police man but I am not bound to any police force...."
Shadeyinka, stop deceiving your self.

*** It matters to Jesus if you claim you're his follower and you worship if those (C &S) who use '7 Books of Moses' to practice divination & spiritism under the guise of following Christ.

** The question is what is the motive behind not putting on shoes during worship, is that Christ like?

** If putting on shoes is bad , (since God detests any barrier to His worship) why not go the whole 9 yards and worship in the church with your birthday suit ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:47am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I will joyfully address your question but answer this so that I know we are referencing/understanding the issue from valid and the same perspective.
The question again!

2. Will Jehovah God reject your worship if you are NOT in your shoes/sandals? [/quotte]
This questions of yours will lead to arguments Sir and i don't want arguing facelessly on social media!
Now i only believe the worship practiced by true Christians in their gatherings. There is no record in the Christian Greek Scripture[New Testament] requiring that believers should remove their shoes/sandals before congregating together or during their gathering as Christians. So to question number
(1) my answer is YES!
(2) my answer is NO!
Since Christians never requires this in the first century, whoever practices such today is definitely following their footsteps as WRITTEN in the book of ACTS of Apostles. I believe whatever standard we're going to set today should be in line with what the FIRST Christians laid down!
Please will you also answer my question? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:56am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

The question again!

Now Jehovah's Witnesses are here to reason along with you without name calling, abusing, insulting or cursing you Sir. I promised you none of them will intervene until the floor is opened. wink
How i wish you could use God's word to defend your nonedenominationalism with efficacy before the REAL Christians! wink
And where is Mr Baptist Church? cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 20, 2019
TATIME:
This questions of yours will lead to arguments Sir and i don't want arguing facelessly on social media!
Now i only believe the worship practiced by true Christians in their gatherings. There is no record in the Christian Greek Scripture[New Testament] requiring that believers should remove their shoes/sandals before congregating together or during their gathering as Christians. So to question number
(1) my answer is YES!
(2) my answer is NO!
Since Christians never requires this in the first century, whoever practices such today is definitely following their footsteps as WRITTEN in the book of ACTS of Apostles. I believe whatever standard we're going to set today should be in line with what the FIRST Christians laid down!
He afraid of hurting those who revere him as Pastor. Fakeye, Bakare, Joshua, Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyakilome, Oritsejafor and Olukoya will say 'we're all Christians except Jehovah's Witnesses' but listen to there followers and see how hypocritical these leaders are. Publicly they will declare only Jehovah's Witnesses as antiChrist for just two reasons
(1) That is the only group disregarding their self imposed religious titles.
(2) That is the only group not practicing hypocritical interfaith along with them.
If you want to know what is in the minds of these crooked leaders,a heart to heart discussion with diehard members of their church will show how they're backbiting one another! That is when you will see Olaadegbu[deeperlife member] tell you bluntly that Cele or C/S is no church! undecided
So shadeyinka is trying not to offend anyone publicly perhaps he too could become a famous Pastor one of this days, in other to have lovers from all religions like Adeboye! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 1:11pm On May 20, 2019
Barristter07:

You definitely tried , But I smell some contradictions , You admitted only God can perform the operation to make a person born again, but you went ahead to state the red which is in itself a personal decision, someone desiring to Depend on the integrity of God in other to be born again. You therefore nullify your earlier claim as this means the individual kick start the process !

No one gets born again by a "personal decision" but by depending on the INTEGRITY OF GOD.

It is a gift of God:
Eph 2:8: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

The Question is do you want this gift?

Permit me to quote a long passage:

Luk 13:23-29
: "Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved?
And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God."

The key word I want you to see is the word Strive. Who is to strive to enter the kingdom of God?

Another Scripture:

1Pet 1:18-23:
"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold , from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."
The question is who was Peter addressing? Was it the church of Christ or the 144,000?

John 3:15-16:
"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

God gives the gift BUT man has the duty of TRUSTING/BELIEVING the WORD of God.

Barristter07:

This stand on God doing it would also affect and nullify the Church idea of kneel down and pray so that you can become a born again ., agree ?
We are not saved by prayers; the bible didn't teach that. We are saved through our FAITH.

Eph 2:8-9
: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Our faith is only expressed through the confessions of our mouths to God.

Rom 10:10-11:
"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

In the confession of our mouths we ASK for the Seal of the Holy Spirit.

Luk 11:13: "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Barristter07:

Lastly, does Having Holy spirit means one is born again ? Didn't Moses have holy spirit, Didn't David , Didn't John the baptist ? Are they born again ?
Let me start with a Scripture:
John 16:7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."
But hasn't the Holy Spirit at work up till that time He came after the death of Christ?

The Difference is this:
Those who are Born again are SEALED by/with the Holy Spirit while before Christ, the Holy Spirit comes UPON them to empower them.

2Cor 1:22
: "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

Eph 1:13:
"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

Eph 4:30: "
And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

In the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit comes upon a select few to perform some function for Him
Num 11:29: "And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD's people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon [/b]them!"

[b]Num 24:2:
"And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him."

Judg 14:19: "And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 1:40pm On May 20, 2019
Barristter07:

Let me answer your question in bold

Having the Holy Spirit means one is born again. There's no doubt about that in any way, form or shape.

To the second question on whether Moses, David, John etc who had the Holy Spirit were born again, it's simple. First of all, I'll take you on a journey of how one becomes Born Again, then you will see that those names you mentioned who existed before Jesus Christ came to earth were born again.

How do you become born again? It is by believe aka Faith in Jesus.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

As seen above, once we believe in Jesus, we have everlasting life. That's not the only thing that happens to us for believing in Jesus. The Bible says we also become sons of God for believing in Jesus.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Now that it has been established that we are children of God through our believe in Jesus Christ, you might want to t to ask how did God give birth to us. Was it physical or spiritual?

Jesus Christ has the answer:

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Our flesh is as a result of our earthly parents. But Spirit has been bought by God and transformed onto everlasting life. He gave is a new birth and it's a spiritual one. This makes us his children...

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;

We believed in Jesus and God gave is the Holy Spirit.

2Cor 1:22: "Who hath also sealed us, [/b]and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

[b]Eph 1:13:
"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

As seen above, everyone who believes in Jesus are sealed with the Holy Spirit. It is not some 144,000 people alone, but everyone who believes in Jesus.

So clearly, your first question has been answered, which is believe in Jesus leads to being born again and the individual immediately given the Holy y which seals him until the day God will come and redeem him.

Eph 4:30: And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Now, to your second question concerning Abraham, Moses, David and John the Baptist. I will tell you that they were also born again as you and I agree that they had the Holy Spirit in them.

Remember, I just established that believe is what leads to an individual receiving the Holy Spirit. Did Abraham believe God? Yes, he did.

Romans 4:3-5 (KJV)
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Did Moses believe God? Yes, he did, that's why he preached about Jesus and even symbolized him. Jesus even attested to that.

John 5:46
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Did David believe in Jesus? Of course he did. Below is him speaking about Jesus.

Psalm 110:1 (KJV)
The L ORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Did John the Baptist believe in Jesus? Yes, he did right from his mother's womb. Remember how he leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary who was pregnant with Jesus came to visit his mother who was pregnant with him. He believed in Jesus and went about preaching it and baptizing people in preparation of his coming.

Jesus was whom all the prophets preached about.

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

So early, everyone who had the Holy Spirit in the Bible did believe in Jesus Christ and preached about him. Those before the coming of Jesus Looked forward to his cross, while we after look back at his Cross.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 2:57pm On May 20, 2019
Maximus69:
Now Jehovah's Witnesses are here to reason along with you without name calling, abusing, insulting or cursing you Sir. I promised you none of them will intervene until the floor is opened. wink
How i wish you could use God's word to defend your nonedenominationalism with efficacy before the REAL Christians! wink
And where is Mr Baptist Church? cheesy

You are actually the one doing g what you accuse others of doing to the JW.

Your actions just gave permission for JW to be dragged in the mud where they belong
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 3:05pm On May 20, 2019
TATIME:
(1) my answer is YES!
(2) my answer is NO!

The Apostles never gave any commandment concerning wearing of shoes when worshiping God or congregating. If any man decides not to wear shoes when worshipping God today, that won't hinder his worship because there is no command that says one must wear shoes before worshiping.

If they go about trying to force everyone to off their shoes when. worshiping, then it means they are teaching g for commandments the doctrine of men.

You mocking anyone for not wearing shoes when worshiping is the same as teaching for commandments the doctrine of men.

Mathew 15:19
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The Apostles never gave any commandment concerning wearing of shoes when worshiping God or congregating. If any man decides not to wear shoes when worshipping God today, that won't hinder his worship because there is no command that says one must wear shoes before worshiping.

If they go about trying to force everyone to off their shoes when. worshiping, then it means they are teaching g for commandments the doctrine of men.

You mocking anyone for not wearing shoes when worshiping is the same as teaching for commandments the doctrine of men.

Mathew 15:19
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
But can you enter into the worship place of Cele/C&S without first removing your shoes? undecided undecided undecided
The white man says "when you're in Rome, you act like a Roman"
Of course an Apostle was carried away in the presence of his Jewish Christian brothers due to their TRADITION and many of our Jewish Christian brothers followed him. Galatians 2:11-14
Instantly Apostle Paul CORRECTED him in the presence of everyone that in Christianity their shouldn't be any difference in whatever we all believe as norms! Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
Please if a religion teaches that you must remove your foot wear before entering their place of worship, that is not OPTIONAL as you presume but a COMPULSION!
I can enter the Kingdom hall barefooted, of course if i'm not having sours on my legs my Christian brothers will pity my condition assuming i can't afford a shoe, then i must explain why i'm without shoes! undecided undecided undecided
But NOBODY dare wear a footwear into the place of worship belonging to Cele/C&S because there is no excuse you can give YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR FOOTWEAR! angry angry angry
Please Sir i'll like you to expatiate on this for the benefit of all followers of this thread, we must think alike if we're truly Christians! 1Corinthians 1:10 undecided undecided undecided
I could recollect last year when there was a heated argument on Christmas and you were in support of the festival but Mr Olaadegbu couldn't say a word because his Daddy GO abhors Christmas as a pagan celebration, now Mr shadeyinka said "i don't have a daddy GO" yet he sees nothing wrong when such daddy GOs make rules dividing the congregation of God just as Olaadegbu and yourself couldn't agree on Christmas due to the TEACHING of his daddy GO which you believe is meaningless! angry angry angry
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are actually the one doing g what you accuse others of doing to the JW.
Your actions just gave permission for JW to be dragged in the mud where they belong
Oh! They belong to the mud! grin
Well why not drag them in the mud after all no be mouth you go take drag them, na your actions and expression. Jesus spoke with proofs and people listening can sense that though what he was saying is not common ideology amongst them but it is the TRUTH! Matthew 7:28,29
So keep dragging them in the mud, perhaps you assume what you're saying is right as many think like you but know today that the true word of God is SCARCE [Amos 8:11] that is why majority of you keep assuming you're right when you say things that is common but not working out what is fine amongst you! Isaiah 65:13 Matthew 7:15-20 Galatians 5:19-21
That is the more reason why all of you are murmuring, agitating and wailing saying to one another 'how did they they come about that group name [Jehovah's Witnesses], so that they're the only group standing out as unique?" Isaiah 65:15 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2019
Barristter07:

The highlighted raise a vital question which will serve to test if your hypothesis is correct!!!

: Does God foreknow the freewill Abraham will exercise in this case below ?

" Then he said, "Do not lay a hand on the boy or do anything to him. For now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your only son from me." - Genesis 22:12

If he does knew what Abraham will do, Why say " For NOW I KNOW " ?
I wish I can explain why the Scripture put it in form of "for now I know that...".

Freewill isn't freewill if it is shielded from temptation!
Did God know that Job will pass the test of satan?

I am afraid, if God isn't Omniscient, then how can He be Almighty?

Is God not the Alpha and the Omega?
It means He is the Beginning and the End. God sees the Beginning as He sees the End. God is Not going to become the End, He is the End.

However, whenever a Scripture is to be understood, we have to look at the harmony of the total Scriptures eg.

Isa 42:9:
"Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them."

Isa 44:6-8:

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."

God says He alone know and declare the future (things that are coming)

Isa 46:9-10:
"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

This means God know the end from the beginning!

1Pet 1:1-2:
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

This Scripture is saying the elect have been foreknown!

So, the conclusion:
You choose to believe that your God isn't Omniscient
I choose to believe that my God is Omniscient.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I wish I can explain why the Scripture put it in form of "for now I know that...".

Freewill isn't freewill if it is shielded from temptation!
Did God know that Job will pass the test of satan?

I am afraid, if God isn't Omniscient, then how can He be Almighty?

Is God not the Alpha and the Omega?
It means He is the Beginning and the End. God sees the Beginning as He sees the End. God is Not going to become the End, He is the End.

However, whenever a Scripture is to be understood, we have to look at the harmony of the total Scriptures eg.

Isa 42:9:
"Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them."

Isa 44:6-8:

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."

God says He alone know and declare the future (things that are coming)

Isa 46:9-10:
"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

This means God know the end from the beginning!

1Pet 1:1-2:
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

This Scripture is saying the elect have been foreknown!

So, the conclusion:
You choose to believe that your God isn't Omniscient
I choose to believe that my God is Omniscient.

I WANT TO GO AND INSPECT IF WHAT I HEARD about Sodom and Gomorrah IS TRUE! Genesis 18:21
FOR NOW I KNOW! Genesis 22:12

Hmmm he truly knows everything for real! grin
Well you might not accept the truth but what God meant by knowing the end from the beginning connote the SURETY of his own program! Isaiah 55:9-11
He simply means THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN HINDER HIS GOOD PLANS unlike humans who only propose without the ability to dispose! Psalm 146:3-5
So God's thought or plans can never be erased, it will surely take place just as he purposed it to be.
It is only when he decides to do what is not in line with his plans but according to our wickedness that his thoughts could be erased because of his holy name! Numbers 14:11-24 Psalms 23:3
If he knows everything FROM THE BEGINNING, did he also know that he will get enraged and Moses [his earthly creature] will speak to change his mind? cheesy
Humble yourself and go back to study more with God's people! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 5:37pm On May 20, 2019
TATIME:
But can you enter into the worship place of Cele/C&S without first removing your shoes? undecided undecided undecided
The white man says "when you're in Rome, you act like a Roman"
Of course an Apostle was carried away in the presence of his Jewish Christian brothers due to their TRADITION and many of our Jewish Christian brothers followed him. Galatians 2:11-14
Instantly Apostle Paul CORRECTED him in the presence of everyone that in Christianity their shouldn't be any difference in whatever we all believe as norms! Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
Please if a religion teaches that you must remove your foot wear before entering their place of worship, that is not OPTIONAL as you presume but a COMPULSION!
I can enter the Kingdom hall barefooted, of course if i'm not having sours on my legs my Christian brothers will pity my condition assuming i can't afford a shoe, then i must explain why i'm without shoes! undecided undecided undecided
But NOBODY dare wear a footwear into the place of worship belonging to Cele/C&S because there is no excuse you can give YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR FOOTWEAR! angry angry angry
Please Sir i'll like you to expatiate on this for the benefit of all followers of this thread, we must think alike if we're truly Christians! 1Corinthians 1:10 undecided undecided undecided
I could recollect last year when there was a heated argument on Christmas and you were in support of the festival but Mr Olaadegbu couldn't say a word because his Daddy GO abhors Christmas as a pagan celebration, now Mr shadeyinka said "i don't have a daddy GO" yet he sees nothing wrong when such daddy GOs make rules dividing the congregation of God just as Olaadegbu and yourself couldn't agree on Christmas due to the TEACHING of his daddy GO which you believe is meaningless! angry angry angry

You are getting things wrongly.

No one is saying it is wrong to wear shoes or not to do so. What we are saying is that it is wrong to insist for one to do or not to do so. They are wrong for insisting and you are wrong for saying it is wrong not to wear shoes during worship. But of you are wrong.

As for Daddy GO. Your problem is that you think everyone who is not a JW must be under some Daddy GO.

I am under the word of God, not under a daddy GO. You are under Daddy Governing Body. grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 5:40pm On May 20, 2019
Maximus69:
Oh! They belong to the mud! grin
Well why not drag them in the mud after all no be mouth you go take drag them, na your actions and expression. Jesus spoke with proofs and people listening can sense that though what he was saying is not common ideology amongst them but it is the TRUTH! Matthew 7:28,29
So keep dragging them in the mud, perhaps you assume what you're saying is right as many think like you but know today that the true word of God is SCARCE [Amos 8:11] that is why majority of you keep assuming you're right when you say things that is common but not working out what is fine amongst you! Isaiah 65:13 Matthew 7:15-20 Galatians 5:19-21
That is the more reason why all of you are murmuring, agitating and wailing saying to one another 'how did they they come about that group name [Jehovah's Witnesses], so that they're the only group standing out as unique?" Isaiah 65:15 wink

You are not playing by the rules, dude.

Stop quoting links to scriptures. Quote the scriptures or else you can think can't have a debate.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2019
Barristter07:
Its true someone else ask this question but am interested.

The beasts are FIGURATIVE but the fire into which they are thrown is LITERAL , Right ? Don't you see the obvious already

If they represent Government of this world, and Daniel 2:44 speak about [coming to an end] of this Governments, does that not support that the fire into which they are thrown also represent the entire end of world Government rather than Government , coat of arm, national flags, structures been burned in a literal fire ?

Its actually important to understand this because Satan will end up just like this world governments , Revelation 20:10 says ' Where they [World government ] are ' are they been burned or pushed out of existence as rulers ?

Addressed in my earlier question.
The beast is figurative BUT the instrument of Satan it represents is Literal.

I'll like you to compare with
Rev 12:3:
"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns , and seven crowns upon his heads."

Now, who is the Dragon?
The Dragon representative Satan: Yes or No?
Is the dragon a Government?

The Dragon is thrown into the lake of Fire: is that Literal or Figurative?
Unfortunately, even if you treat the lake of FIRE as figurative, it means a place of Great Torment. It's a lake because it is stagnant (no way of escape) and made of fire (a means of torment).

Of course fire needs oxygen to burn and it doesn't form lakes. This means that this thing feel and burn like fire. Even satan the dragon who is a spirit is burned by this fire. If you ask me, it's more ferocious than Physical Fire

I do not think that the Beast with 7 heads OR the Beast with two Heads represent Government? The Beast presides over Governments. And like satan, the beast is a personality!

The Beast represent Someone who controls/rules over Governments. It's this person who makes war against the Saints and overcome them.

As an example:
During the WW2, there is a difference between Germany and Adolf Hitler. Hitler is dead now but Germany is still alive. Hitler presided over Germany
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 5:59pm On May 20, 2019
Maximus69:
He afraid of hurting those who revere him as Pastor. Fakeye, Bakare, Joshua, Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyakilome, Oritsejafor and Olukoya will say 'we're all Christians except Jehovah's Witnesses' but listen to there followers and see how hypocritical these leaders are. Publicly they will declare only Jehovah's Witnesses as antiChrist for just two reasons
(1) That is the only group disregarding their self imposed religious titles.
(2) That is the only group not practicing hypocritical interfaith along with them.
If you want to know what is in the minds of these crooked leaders,a heart to heart discussion with diehard members of their church will show how they're backbiting one another! That is when you will see Olaadegbu[deeperlife member] tell you bluntly that Cele or C/S is no church! undecided
So shadeyinka is trying not to offend anyone publicly perhaps he too could become a famous Pastor one of this days, in other to have lovers from all religions like Adeboye! wink

Do you know what your problem is? You don't know that you are actually in the same boat as most of the names and denomination you wrote up there.

When Shadeyinka was telling you that despite him attending ECWA, it does mean he has a denomination. He only attends ECWA because they hold the same believe as his. And what is that believe? It is saved by Grace only aka Once Saved Always Saved. This means that if he goes to Togo tomorrow and he can't find an ECWA branch, he will simply look for a church that holds the same Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

That doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved is the central gospel of Jesus Christ. Any church or gathering that claims to be Christian but doesnt hold that doctrine is not Christian at all but false people. Such false people believe in work based Salvation instead of the salvation from Jesus Christ alone.

Now, who are those who belong to the work based salvation group? They include many of the names you mentioned above. Glaringly, Jehovah's witnesses organization, in as much as they love to claim they are different, they also belong to that group that believes in work based salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

As seen above, the Bible says we are saved by Grace not of works and not of ourselves. Yet the Jehovah's False Witnesses and these other denominations say otherwise.

Below is an excerpt from JW.org which says a person can lose his salvation.

[I]Can you lose out on salvation?

Yes. Just as a person saved from drowning could fall or jump back into the water, a person who has been saved from sin but fails to keep exercising faith could lose out on salvation. For this reason, the Bible urges Christians who have received salvation “to put up a hard fight for the faith.” (Jude 3 ) It also warns those who have been saved: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”​— Philippians 2:​12 .[/I]

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-salvation/

As seen clearly, your foundational doctrine says Jesus Christ is not enough to save a man. Same thing is what most other denominations say. This makes you brothers with them, whether you like it or not. But for me and Shadeyinka, we might attend different denominations, but we are brothers because we believe in the Once Saved Always Saved doctrine. We believe we are not saved by works by by the Grace of God and we believe we can never lose our salvation. That's why we can fellowship together because we carry the same spirit. Yes, we can sometimes be wrong and differ in certain doctrines, but never the most important doctrine which is salvation by grace alone through faith, not of works. Any man that claims s to be 100% right on all doctrines is a liar. But that doesn't mean we should be wrong on the doctrine of salvation.

So you see, you are brothers with Adeboye, Oyedepo etc because you preach the same thing, while I and all Once Saved Always Saved doctrine preachers are brothers.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2019
[quote author=Janosky post=78551368][/quote]
I wish you just answer a simple question and truthfully with a YES or NO!

John 8:32:
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:05pm On May 20, 2019
TATIME:
(1) my answer is YES!
(2) my answer is NO!

I think you have an error in presentation here can you please look at the Question once again. I guess you meant NO for 1 and Yes for 2 please confirm.

The Question was:
I wish you just answer a simple question and truthfully with a YES or NO!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2019
Please answer this question as truthfully as you can:

1. Are you a Nigerian?
2. Are you bound to obey Nigeria in all things?
3. Will you protest if Jehovah God will need your service in another country of the world except Nigeria?

This answers your observations!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2019
Barristter07:

A perfect oxymoron!

Until a person is ressurected, they are never Alive.

" Why are you looking for the living one AMONG the dead " an angel ask @ Luke 24:5.

You can't be dead and alive.
How many kinds of Death exist in the Scripture?

Can we treat every kind of death we see in the scripture as Physical?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:19pm On May 20, 2019
Modified:

Point of Correction:I do not think the C&S church use the 6&7th books of Moses. If you still think they do present their articles of Faith: it must surely reveal that they use the occult books called 6&7th books of Moses.

Speak of what you know!

There are so many of them on Nairaland, create a thread and ask : Do C&S church use 6&7 books of Moses?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 6:39pm On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

How many kinds of Death exist in the Scripture?

Can we treat every kind of death we see in the scripture as Physical?

The death am reffering and which the angel talkd about is Physical death or Adamic Death . and that's the focus of my quote.

Here it is again :

You can't be physically dead and alive. That's the point above! Its Either living or dead ,
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are not playing by the rules, dude.

Stop quoting links to scriptures. Quote the scriptures or else you can think can't have a debate.
You and i never agreed on terms. So the public can read the cited scriptures if you're not interested in checking! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:02pm On May 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Let me answer your question in bold

Having the Holy Spirit means one is born again. There's no doubt about that in any way, form or shape.

Okay, let's see

To the second question on whether Moses, David, John etc who had the Holy Spirit were born again, it's simple. First of all, I'll take you on a journey of how one becomes Born Again, then you will see that those names you mentioned who existed before Jesus Christ came to earth were born again.

Direct contradiction to shadeyinka . he maintained there is a difference but you maintained they are all born again.

[s]
How do you become born again? It is by believe aka Faith in Jesus.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [/s]

As seen above, once we believe in Jesus, we have everlasting life. That's not the only thing that happens to us for believing in Jesus. The Bible says we also become sons of God for believing in Jesus.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Now that it has been established that we are children of God through our believe in Jesus Christ, you might want to t to ask how did God give birth to us. Was it physical or spiritual?

Jesus Christ has the answer:

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Our flesh is as a result of our earthly parents. But Spirit has been bought by God and transformed onto everlasting life. He gave is a new birth and it's a spiritual one. This makes us his children...

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;

We believed in Jesus and God gave is the Holy Spirit.

2Cor 1:22: "Who hath also sealed us, [/b]and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

[b]Eph 1:13:

As seen above, everyone who believes in Jesus are sealed with the Holy Spirit. It is not some 144,000 people alone, but everyone who believes in Jesus.

So clearly, your first question has been answered, which is believe in Jesus leads to being born again and the individual immediately given the Holy y which seals him until the day God will come and redeem him.

Now, to your second question concerning Abraham, Moses, David and John the Baptist. I will tell you that they were also born again as you and I agree that they had the Holy Spirit in them.

Remember, I just established that believe is what leads to an individual receiving the Holy Spirit. Did Abraham believe God? Yes, he did.

Romans 4:3-5 (KJV)
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Did Moses believe God? Yes, he did, that's why he preached about Jesus and even symbolized him. Jesus even attested to that.

John 5:46
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Did David believe in Jesus? Of course he did. Below is him speaking about Jesus.

Psalm 110:1 (KJV)
The L ORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Did John the Baptist believe in Jesus? Yes, he did right from his mother's womb. Remember how he leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary who was pregnant with Jesus came to visit his mother who was pregnant with him. He believed in Jesus and went about preaching it and baptizing people in preparation of his coming.

Jesus was whom all the prophets preached about.

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

So early, everyone who had the Holy Spirit in the Bible did believe in Jesus Christ and preached about him. Those before the coming of Jesus Looked forward to his cross, while we after look back at his Cross.

Your position was that once a person believed in Jesus, they become born again , and a born again have the hope of going to heaven .

But Jesus himself said a person who is to he born again must be born of water and spirit NOT Just believe.

. Can u explain what this means ? Is Moses, John the baptist and David Baptized in Water ?

Regarding been born by spirit. He explained this at John 3:8 as something an individual didnt choose or desire for himself ?.
How do u reconcile this with your ordinary faith stand ?

To test your stand: Why was the thief on Jesus side promised Paradise and NOT Heaven despite he believed in Jesus ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (77) (Reply)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here- / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.