Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (66828 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 18, 2019
Wild BEAST having SEVEN heads and TEN horns!
Of course it is human governments but the SEVEN heads means (1) Egypt (2) Assyria (3) Babylon (4) Persia (5) Greece (6) Rome (7) England and America
The TEN horns means three of this governments like Egypt, Persian and England had allies with whom they conquered the world to dominate others.
For instance Persia formed alliance with Medes[Daniel 5:28] to conquer ancient Babylon, while England formed alliance with US to dominate the world today!
Those are the three HEADS having double horns so with there double horns that makes TEN horns in total! wink
As for the SEA out of which it came!
You got that right!
It means faithless people throughout human history, God refers to them as WICKED! Isaiah 57:20 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 18, 2019
Harlot!
This is the same as Babylon the Great. It is the world empire of false religion with the Catholic Church as their mother!
This religion gave birth to so many other false religious groups starting from Islam to any of the religious groups still sharing all or part of the beliefs of the Catholics.
The name MYSTERY means all her children are confused with their beliefs so if you scrutinize them to know how come they're all having different doctrines despite believing in certain fundamental ideologies of Catholics like all good people goes to heaven and bad goes to hell fire, they will tell you 'God is a MYSTERY'!
So they hold unto different philosophies yet they're all like friends except just one GROUP that all of them hates vehemently!
The name BABYLON THE GREAT means all their religious ideas came from ancient pagan ideologies of Babylon. So all of them almost believe the same thing regarding the condition of the dead, destiny and so on!
The name prostitute means they're all attached to the world's political system, for instance NONE of them noticed that National Anthem was first sang in ancient Babylon under king Nebuchadnezzar [Daniel 3:1-7]before all other world leaders formed their own to segregate one race from another! And they all used animals as their cote of arm connotes their reverence to BEASTS!

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 18, 2019
You may disagree with the interpretation. But know that this is the time God promised to reveal the secret to his faithful ones!
He never revealed the secret[meaning] to Daniel whom he gave the spirit to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Daniel 2:1-47
He revealed the same secret BUT in symbols to John through Jesus the Amen.
So this is the time he promised to reveal all the meaning to his faithful servants!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm, All what you said aren't written in clear terms so there is no way something could be revealed HALF WAY by the one who promised to reveal it to the WISE! Daniel 12:10
What I've said is very very clear. The only exception is that I didn't put a definite name to each of the horse riders.

I quoted
Rev 10:4:
"And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered , and write them not."

To show that not everything can be known even from the book of revelation.

Maximus69:

What if i tell you the meaning from 1~ 4 of the riders?
Well the colours of the horses has different meanings,

(1) First WHITE horse rider is Jesus Christ, he was GIVEN a crown symbolising his role as the king of God's kingdom[Psalms 110:1 compared to Revelations 12:7-8] in heaven and drove Satan and his demons out of heaven. His followers started preaching and teach throughout the earth as the conquest for the newly installed King!
The rider of the white horse cannot be Jesus Christ for the following reasons.
1. The Lamb of God was the one who opened the seven seals. He couldn't have opened the fourth seal only to be the first actor (white horse rider)
2. The four horsemen represent instrument of destruction upon the earth therefore evil. Jesus is not evil hence cannot be in the same category as the other three riders. Except if the other three riders are righteous Servant of God!
3. The white horse rider in Rev6: is different from the rider in Rev19:.
The first rider is most likely the Antichrist himself. Riding a white horse, the antichrist is an agent of deception, who appears righteous to the inhabitants of the earth.
Rev 13:14:
"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

He was given power to even make war with the saints AND to overcome them.

Rev 13:7: "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

4. In Rev6:2 , One characteristics of the one on the white horse is that he carries s BOW. The crown he was given symbolises authority to rule,/overcome.

Rev 6:2: "And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

However, Jesus is described in Rev 19 not with a BOW but with a SWORD!

Rev 19:11: "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True , and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Rev 19:14:
"And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

Rev 19:15:
"And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Now, Jesus didn't carry a bow, but a SWORD!
Whoever the Horse rider in Rev6:2 is, he is bringing the world under a unified Government!

Maximus69:

(2) After Jesus drove Satan and his demons out of heaven, they were cast to the earth, most people were possessed, they all feel like gaining political power to control the earth hence the first world war. So the SCARLET colour symbolises blood! Rev 6:3-4
The first question is when did Jesus drive out satan and his demons from heaven?.
By the way demons are unclean spirits not necessarily fallen angels. Fallen angels are mentioned in Ephesians.
Eph 6:12: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

This your number 2 doesn't have any correlation with Rev6: at all. Do you have a single reference which show that fallen angels possess people? If there is non, you can't generalize just like that.

And since you've never cast out a demon, you can't really distinguish them from fallen angels. Demons have been possessing human beings from the time of Noah.

Maximus69:

(3) The black horse symbolises spiritual darkness,after the wars there was FAMINE as many nations producing food abandoned mass production of food,their workers taken to the war front and farmlands were devastated, leading to food shortages BUT makeups and alcoholic beverages was not affected! Rev 6:5-6

You are not being consistent with your rules here
White horse rider: symbolic interpretation
Second horse rider: literal 1st world war
Third horse rider: literal famine consequence of which of the wars?

Maximus69:

(4) After the wars, due to bombs,chemical weapons, hunger and genocides in many places, dead bodies NOT buried led to PESTILENSES,many people DIED and were given MASS burial! Rev 6:7-8
All these happened around 1914 - 1919!
Do you really know about the first and second world wars?

Apart from this, the Fifth deal is expected to be opened after the first and second world wars (according to your theology).

Check out what happened when the fifth and sixth seals were opened

Rev 6:9-11
: "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled."

1. Are the killings still on?
2. Has the fifth and sixth seals been broken?

Compare with

Mar 13:19-20:
"For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days."

I will say the first seal has not even been broken!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:30pm On May 18, 2019
Maximus69:
The WOMAN clothed with the SUN. Means God's heavenly organization of loyal angels, one of them must come down to redeem mankind since NO human born with Adamic sin qualifies to redeem us! Psalm 49:7-9
The angels must produce one person to come and do the assignment, Michael[Jesus] volunteered{Daniel 12:1 compared to Isaiah 11:10} himself due to his love for humans out of all what God used him to create! Proverbs 8:31
So the WOMAN [God's loyal angels] gave birth to a SON[Michael who volunteered himself] her clothing with the SUN means she is not from the earth but from a powerful source[heaven]
Please show with scriptures how the woman clothed vwith the sun is God's holy organisation of loyal angels?
Please also show how anyone of the angels could be sent to die for the sin of mankind?

Note:

Heb 1:5:
"For unto which of the angels said he at any time , Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"
This show that none of the angels qualify to be called begotten of God

Since the scriptures refer to a woman, it can't be Angels (for angels are not feminine). Could this not also refer to the nation of Israel?

You bury too many information under theories that a straight forward logicsl narrative is impossible.

Jud 1:8-9:
"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

I don't know where you got it that Micheal is Jesus!

The Difference in rank and authority between Jesus and Satan is infinitely wide. The same Micheal couldn't defeat the Prince of Persia for more than 40 days.

Luk 10:18: "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Luk 13:16: "And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?"

A single angel did what Micheal couldn't do with the prince of Persia. No, Jesus isn't Michael. Proof it with clear Scriptures if you can.
Rev 20:2: "And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:37pm On May 18, 2019
Maximus69:
Wild BEAST having SEVEN heads and TEN horns!
Of course it is human governments but the SEVEN heads means (1) Egypt (2) Assyria (3) Babylon (4) Persia (5) Greece (6) Rome (7) England and America
The TEN horns means three of this governments like Egypt, Persian and England had allies with whom they conquered the world to dominate others.
For instance Persia formed alliance with Medes[Daniel 5:28] to conquer ancient Babylon, while England formed alliance with US to dominate the world today!
Those are the three HEADS having double horns so with there double horns that makes TEN horns in total! wink
As for the SEA out of which it came!
You got that right!
It means faithless people throughout human history, God refers to them as WICKED! Isaiah 57:20 wink
If Nebuchadnezzar is the head of Gold, can you please explain what Egypt and Assyria is doing in the list knowing that their civilization predated that of Babylon?

I guess you have to explain the bolded. Three-Ten!??

I wish you slow down to present your case. You are doing cherry picking with scriptures. I wish you quoted the scriptures rather than just quoting the scriptural links. You quote out of context many times but you think because you have put a link you are justified.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:47pm On May 18, 2019
Maximus69:
Harlot!
This is the same as Babylon the Great. It is the world empire of false religion with the Catholic Church as their mother!
This religion gave birth to so many other false religious groups starting from Islam to any of the religious groups still sharing all or part of the beliefs of the Catholics.
The name MYSTERY means all her children are confused with their beliefs so if you scrutinize them to know how come they're all having different doctrines despite believing in certain fundamental ideologies of Catholics like all good people goes to heaven and bad goes to hell fire, they will tell you 'God is a MYSTERY'!
So they hold unto different philosophies yet they're all like friends except just one GROUP that all of them hates vehemently!
The name BABYLON THE GREAT means all their religious ideas came from ancient pagan ideologies of Babylon. So all of them almost believe the same thing regarding the condition of the dead, destiny and so on!
The name prostitute means they're all attached to the world's political system, for instance NONE of them noticed that National Anthem was first sang in ancient Babylon under king Nebuchadnezzar [Daniel 3:1-7]before all other world leaders formed their own to segregate one race from another! And they all used animals as their cote of arm connotes their reverence to BEASTS!
Your theory would have be worth a while if only the Roman Catholic Church is the one ruling Governments in this world.

Almost all big national powers are secular. I.S.A. has even abolished prayers in school. Britain don't even pray anymore. China and Russia aren't even slightly Christian.

The Vatican is the only political foothold of the Catholic church. Hence, your theory is very very wrong as the tribulation has not even started.

Please don't forget that the Jehovah's Witness is ALSO an offshoot of the Protestant church which had its root in the Catholic church.
You can try to dispute this with facts if you can?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:25am On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your theory would have be worth a while if only the Roman Catholic Church is the one ruling Governments in this world.

Almost all big national powers are secular. I.S.A. has even abolished prayers in school. Britain don't even pray anymore. China and Russia aren't even slightly Christian.

The Vatican is the only political foothold of the Catholic church. Hence, your theory is very very wrong as the tribulation has not even started.

Please don't forget that the Jehovah's Witness is ALSO an offshoot of the Protestant church which had its root in the Catholic church.
You can try to dispute this with facts if you can?
Good morning Sir, i'm going to somewhere very important today so i woke very early.
I said earlier that 'you may not agree with the interpretation' but that is the full meaning of it. God will not reveal sacreds secret in symbols and promise to open it's seal for the understanding at a future time only to grant his servants HALF interpretation of it!
So since you can't explain it IN FULL and you are disputing the full meaning simply because you don't like the source, i'll just leave you with your HALF interpretation.
God only accepts worship that is PURE, true worshipers will be going their ways peacefully and blissfully practicing pure worship, those whose worship is not accepted will continue to agitate furiously against them because they will feel the uniqueness of pure worship but we will never be shaken by their threat!
You are ECWA, your friend is BAPTIST, some are DEEPERLIFE, some REDEEM, some MFM, some CHOSEN, some CATHOLICS, some ANGLICAN, some EMBASSY, many are white garment churches and so on. All of you claims to be worshiping the same God but you will pass many of these religious centers only to worship with the ECWA alone!
If someone ask you WHY? You will say 'that is your own calling' whereas the mode of worship totally differs.
Ask a deeper or redeem member about Cele/C&S they will tell you 'white garment churches aren't true Christians' so by the end of it all you all concludes that your God is a MYSTERY!
We are Jehovah's Witnesses! Our God forbids interfaith in worship so if your mode of worship does not TOTALLY conform to our rules YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY WORSHIP OUR OWN GOD!
But that doesn't mean we hate you or plan to hurt you, it simply means OUR GOD DIFFERS FROM YOURS. So stop the hatred you're harboring in your heart against us, it is not compulsory we worship the same way!
If you feel like Jehovah's Witnesses are good people, well it is the evidence that God's holy spirit permeates our assembly, we will never accept MYSTERY because our own God has granted us the wisdom to explain everything about him but you may not agree with us.
So keep your faith if you feel your worship is acceptable before your God, many people also claim that today yet they're rebelling against their religious leaders, hence they became FUGITIVES[wanderers whose mind can't rest where they worship] so they're no more confident of their place of worship as their leaders have betrayed their trust!
Ours can never be like that because Jehovah's organization is a confirmed place of pure worship! Please don't hate us to the point of hurting us. REMEMBER Cain and Abel! Genesis
4:1-8
Goodbye! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:42am On May 19, 2019
Maximus69:
Good morning Sir, i'm going to somewhere very important today so i woke very early.
I said earlier that 'you may not agree with the interpretation' but that is the full meaning of it. God will not reveal sacreds secret in symbols and promise to open it's seal for the understanding at a future time only to grant his servants HALF interpretation of it!
So since you can't explain it IN FULL and you are disputing the full meaning simply because you don't like the source, i'll just leave you with your HALF interpretation.
God only accepts worship that is PURE, true worshipers will be going their ways peacefully and blissfully practicing pure worship, those whose worship is not accepted will continue to agitate furiously against them because they will feel the uniqueness of pure worship but we will never be shaken by their threat!
Interestingly, my first exposure to the study of Eschatology was from the Jehovah's witness. I can't remember exactly what the name of the book was but I read and studied it with excitement then. At that time, I didn't even know there were major differences between what a Christian believed from that a Jehovah's Witness believed. That was my foundational introduction into the study of Revelation and Daniel. I remember there was a particular Bible study I lead in which the core of what I presented was the JWs views.

As I matured in knowledge and faith, I saw that many of these doctrines were baseless and claims what is not. I have like the Berran Christian come to understand without interpolation of the scriptures with my personal conjectures. So what you consider as not FULL is staying within what the scriptures has revealed. QED!
You are the one who is to answer questions based on the interpolations you have inserted. After all, there is no USA and Britain, 1914 - 1919 exist in the bible. Don't forget that some of your projections with date settings have failed miserably.

Maximus69:

You are ECWA, your friend is BAPTIST, some are DEEPERLIFE, some REDEEM, some MFM, some CHOSEN, some CATHOLICS, some ANGLICAN, some EMBASSY, many are white garment churches and so on. All of you claims to be worshiping the same God but you will pass many of these religious centers only to worship with the ECWA alone!
If someone ask you WHY? You will say 'that is your own calling' whereas the mode of worship totally differs.
Ask a deeper or redeem member about Cele/C&S they will tell you 'white garment churches aren't true Christians' so by the end of it all you all concludes that your God is a MYSTERY!
We are Jehovah's Witnesses! Our God forbids interfaith in worship so if your mode of worship does not TOTALLY conform to our rules YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY WORSHIP OUR OWN GOD!
But that doesn't mean we hate you or plan to hurt you, it simply means OUR GOD DIFFERS FROM YOURS. So stop the hatred you're harboring in your heart against us, it is not compulsory we worship the same way!
Interestingly, there is not a single church denomination mentioned by you that I have not worshipped. The church of God in the bible times were named by cities/town. I I told you I am not a denominationalist. There is no church denomination in heaven. Anyone who is born again is my Brother . The fact that I put on my shoes during worship and a C&S Christian does not doesn't make me a better or less Christian.

Unfortunately, you JWs are part of the several denominations of the Church in the world. The Brotherhood of the Cross and Star are almost exactly like you. A kettle calling the frying pan Black

Maximus69:

If you feel like Jehovah's Witnesses are good people, well it is the evidence that God's holy spirit permeates our assembly, we will never accept MYSTERY because our own God has granted us the wisdom to explain everything about him but you may not agree with us.
So keep your faith if you feel your worship is acceptable before your God, many people also claim that today yet they're rebelling against their religious leaders, hence they became FUGITIVES[wanderers whose mind can't rest where they worship] so they're no more confident of their place of worship as their leaders have betrayed their trust!
Ours can never be like that because Jehovah's organization is a confirmed place of pure worship! Please don't hate us to the point of hurting us. REMEMBER Cain and Abel! Genesis
4:1-8
Goodbye! smiley
Anyone who hates a fellow human being is not of Christ. There is however no law against hating SIN and sources of DECEPTION in the church (Wolves in Sheep's clothing)
Even though, it's not yet my turn to ask questions based on what had been shared, there are some questions you'll need to answer from some of the issues you have raised.

Do you still have further questions or you want me to proceed with mine?

Your "Goodbye!" sound like you are terminating the conversation. What's your true position?

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:45am On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Interestingly, my first exposure to the study of Eschatology was from the Jehovah's witness. I can't remember exactly what the name of the book was but I read and studied it with excitement then. At that time, I didn't even know there were major differences between what a Christian believed from that a Jehovah's Witness believed. That was my foundational introduction into the study of Revelation and Daniel. I remember there was a particular Bible study I lead in which the core of what I presented was the JWs views.

As I matured in knowledge and faith, I saw that many of these doctrines were baseless and claims what is not. I have like the Berran Christian come to understand without interpolation of the scriptures with my personal conjectures. So what you consider as not FULL is staying within what the scriptures has revealed. QED!
You are the one who is to answer questions based on the interpolations you have inserted. After all, there is no USA and Britain, 1914 - 1919 exist in the bible. Don't forget that some of your projections with date settings have failed miserably.

Interestingly, there is not a single church denomination mentioned by you that I have not worshipped. The church of God in the bible times were named by cities/town. I I told you I am not a denominationalist. There is no church denomination in heaven. Anyone who is born again is my Brother . The fact that I put on my shoes during worship and a C&S Christian does not doesn't make me a better or less Christian.

Unfortunately, you JWs are part of the several denominations of the Church in the world. The Brotherhood of the Cross and Star are almost exactly like you. A kettle calling the frying pan Black

Anyone who hates a fellow human being is not of Christ. There is however no law against hating SIN and sources of DECEPTION in the church (Wolves in Sheep's clothing)
Even though, it's not yet my turn to ask questions based on what had been shared, there are some questions you'll need to answer from some of the issues you have raised.

Do you still have further questions or you want me to proceed with mine?

Your "Goodbye!" sound like you are terminating the conversation. What's your true position?
Go back and complete your study in OUR book or erase everything we teach!
There is no virtuous repute in someone who learns something from a teacher, couldn't get a better teacher and yet contradicting the teacher who opened his eyes to knowledge! wink
We are Jehovah's Witnesses, our teaching is ONE globally[ Romans 15:5-6 ,16:17 ,1Corinthians 1:10, 2Corinthians 13:11, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2] and if you can't get a better group teaching the TRUTH which is NOT two but ONE, i can't understand why you are opposing Jehovah's Witnesses!
If you don't trust your religious leaders, that is not our cut of tea!
Our targets are 'the lost sheep of the house of Israel' meaning those who are humble and willing to learn NOT those who don't want any standard!
Goodbye Mr shadeyinka, God bless you! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2019
Maximus69:
Go back and complete your study in OUR book or erase everything we teach!
There is no virtuous repute in someone who learns something from a teacher, couldn't get a better teacher and yet contradicting the teacher who opened his eyes to knowledge! wink
We are Jehovah's Witnesses, our teaching is ONE globally[ Romans 15:5-6 ,16:17 ,1Corinthians 1:10, 2Corinthians 13:11, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2] and if you can't get a better group teaching the TRUTH which is NOT two but ONE, i can't understand why you are opposing Jehovah's Witnesses!
If you don't trust your religious leaders, that is not our cut of tea!
Our targets are 'the lost sheep of the house of Israel' meaning those who are humble and willing to learn NOT those who don't want any standard!
Goodbye Mr shadeyinka, God bless you! smiley
What a height of deceit, and falsehood from one who claims to be a Disciple. We know them by their fruit: the disciple of him who is the father of falsehood, false doctrine and lies!

John 8:44: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Let me Remind you incase you have forgotten!

shadeyinka:

On terms and conditions, I have answered you. But I don't want you to put YOUR words into my mouth.

Let's start from your 144,000 that you claim will be Born Again hence in the Kingdom of God.

Before we start, are you looking at that scripture Literally or Figuratively?

I asked you a question! You said you'll prefer I answer yours first. You asked your questions and I answered you.

THEN YOU FLED after your DECEIT!

What a "Christlike" character!

Your lies are so convenient for you hence you don't like questioning: for it will reveal the darkness in you. Anyone who has replaced the Holy Spirit with the guidance of an organisation will surely behave like this: not a surprise at all.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:29am On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

What a height of deceit, and falsehood from one who claims to be a Disciple. We know them by their fruit: the disciple of him who is the father of falsehood, false doctrine and lies!

John 8:44: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Let me Remind you incase you have forgotten!

I asked you a question! You said you'll prefer I answer yours first. You asked your questions and I answered you.

THEN YOU FLED after your DECEIT!

What a "Christlike" character!

Your lies are so convenient for you hence you don't like questioning: for it will reveal the darkness in you. Anyone who has replaced the Holy Spirit with the guidance of an organisation will surely behave like this: not a surprise at all.
Deceit? cheesy
OK Sir, i'm satisfied with my so called DECEIT.
Jesus never said we should continue to pester people that are full of deceit, so if you're sure i'm full of deceit and of the devil there is no reason to continue discussing WITH THE DEVIL! wink
That is why the so called devil is waving you Goodbye, if i were you i'll be happy that Satan is on the run! wink
God bless you Sir! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 1:50pm On May 19, 2019
Maximus69:
Deceit? cheesy
OK Sir, i'm satisfied with my so called DECEIT.
Jesus never said we should continue to pester people that are full of deceit, so if you're sure i'm full of deceit and of the devil there is no reason to continue discussing WITH THE DEVIL! wink
That is why the so called devil is waving you Goodbye, if i were you i'll be happy that Satan is on the run! wink
God bless you Sir! smiley
Satan is actually on the RUN!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 2:00pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

I told you he would flee.

Even his brother Janosky aka OneJ is viewing the thread but unable to contribute. I hope he sincerely sees the deceit displayed by him so far.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 2:05pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

I I told you I am not a denominationalist.
. The fact that I put on my shoes during worship and a C&S Christian does not doesn't make me a better or less Christian.

[b]Unfortunately, you JWs are part of the several denominations of the Church in the world.
]

What is your denomination ?

"The fact that I put on my shoes during worship", where?
in what Church ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 2:13pm On May 19, 2019
Janosky:

in what Church ?
I am ECWA!

C&S churches do not allow putting on of shoes or sandals inside their church. In my church, we put on shoes.
This doesn't make either of us inferior or superior to the other as far as Christ is concerned

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I told you he would flee.

Even his brother Janosky aka OneJ is viewing the thread but unable to contribute. I hope he sincerely sees the deceit displayed by him so far.
They cannot stand questioning of their faith. They are satisfied with drowning their victims in loads of words with scriptural links as a means of convincing their victims that they speak the scriptures.

He thought they are the only ones who have done any study on eschatology. I pray that God have mercy upon them.

Many of them will die only to see that they have been 419ed! when they see that death isn't annihilation. They have a form of godliness, but strongly deny the power their of.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Halleluyah simbarry! grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 19, 2019
Janosky:

in what Church ?
He claims to be ECWA but he accepted all the divers teachings and conflicting doctrines of all the churches he could find around, since all of them are claiming to be Christians and he couldn't prove them wrong.
None of them was able to interpret the symbols in the Bible for him except Jehovah's Witnesses who claims to be the ONLY true Christian organization.
After studying for some times with Jehovah's Witnesses,he hurriedly stole some of their interpretations of the symbols, went to the churches to make the impression that he got it all by himself [ 1Corinthians 4:7] those ones eulogised him and he became so proud that he couldn't humble himself further to complete his study with Jehovah's Witnesses. Now he feels everyone should revere him like those novice in the churches but since Jehovah's Witnesses will NEVER revere him as he wanted, he now stands against those who taught him the little he knew regarding the symbols!
So whoever is not ready to call him Pastor or his other preferred religious titles is demon possessed! Matthew 23:6-7 cheesy
Let him go and meet his own people who will not tell him the TRUTH but continue to deceive him with his self imposed religious titles whereas he has nothing to say as to CORRECT the conflictions and contradictions in their midst, other than telling them how he performed miracles in one place after another as they love to hear false stories! 2Peter 4:3-4 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 4:18pm On May 19, 2019
Maximus69:
Halleluyah simbarry! grin

Luk 10:18:
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Luk 10:18:
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Praise the Lord simbarry! grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:02pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Of cause. God deliberatly planned everything from the beginning.

But did God plan it to give some people bad destiny? No!
2Pet 3:9:
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Volition must be tested! We choose by our freewill either to be dependent on God or to be independent from Him.

God planted the tree of the Knowledge of good and evil in the garden (it wasn't satan that planted it). Why would God plant that which will cause sorrow to man in the garden?

The bible says God made ALL things for His pleasure Rev4:11

Human beings are made to be Gods children. The earth is just a place of selection (goats Vs sheep/ tare Vs wheat). God gave us Volition/freewill to choose either to be dependent on Him or to be independent of Him.

Mat 25:32-34:

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:"

If it (the kingdom and separation) was prepared from the foundation of the world, certainly God deliberatly planned everything.

That nullifies freewill, God definitely decides from the very beginning who is a sheep and goat . comprehende/Agree ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:06pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Ok! I guess my questions raised up some issue to think about. That's ok.

Now my first question:
Jesus said:
John 3:3: "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Also reinforced by Peter
1Pet 1:23 : "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

I understand that your church teach that only 144,000 people can be born again (I hope I am correct). So,
1. Are your Born Again?
2. How did you get Born Again?
Who decides who is a born again ? Personal decision or God

Explain John 3:8 as it relate to the subject above
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2019
Barristter07:

Who decides who is a born again ? Personal decision or God

I am happy you are asking good questions.

1. Who decides who gets Born again?
God alone has the exclusive right to make a person born again.

John 3:16-17:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

No one gets born again by a "personal decision" but by depending on the INTEGRITY OF GOD.

God says in His Words:

Luk 11:9-10,13:
"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. … If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

To have the Holy Spirit as your SEAL, you need to ask by FAITH (Trusting in God's integrity).

Jesus explained it (Born Again) by comparing it to the Serpent in the wilderness.

Num 21:7: "Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people."

Num 21:8: "And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."

Num 21:9: "And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived."

If Anyone who is bitten by the serpent believes in the integrity of God and his solution AND acts by Faith by Looking at the bronze Serpent, such would not die (he has a new life)

John 3:8: "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

There is no physical attribute to a person born again. It isn't a physical event but a spiritual operation done by God. This was in response to Nicodemus
John 3:4:
"Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb , and be born?"

Nicodemus was thinking in terms of a physical/outward "born again".

He who is Born Again is sealed by the Spirit of God

2Cor 1:22: "Who hath also sealed us, [/b]and given the earnest of the [b]Spirit in our hearts."

Eph 1:13: "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

Eph 4:30: And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Hope I answered your questions
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:59pm On May 19, 2019
Barristter07:

That nullifies freewill, God definitely decides from the very beginning who is a sheep and goat . comprehende/Agree ?
No Sir. It doesn't.
Foreknowledge = knowing things before they happened!
Predestination = fixing a destiny before a persons existence!

Gods foreknowledge is knowing the end from the beginning. It means God isn't subject to TIME hence, God can see whatever he wants to see.

Foreknowledge doesn't negate free will. It just simply means that whatever freewill you will decide has been seen by God (like God goes into the future to see what your decision was from the past)

Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

This scripture speaking of our salvation is saying
1. God foreknew us humans
2. Those who God foreknew would be His own God Predestined to be like Jesus
3. These same people God foreknew and predestinated God also called
4. These same people who God foreknew, predestinated and called are also justified and glorified.

Summary:
God had perfected them who would be saved from the foundation of the world (before they were even created)

I hope I've answered your questions
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 11:34pm On May 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

I I told you I am not a denominationalist.

[b]Unfortunately, you JWs are part of the several denominations of the Church in the world.

shadeyinka:

I am ECWA!

.... In my church, we put on shoes.

Congrats bro.
Your intent was to discredit Jehovah's witnesses but you unwittingly exposed your LIE on this public forum.

You are a denominationalist, a member of the ECWA denomination.

The early Christians in the book of Acts were an organization of true Christians (all churches in different cities ) ,they followed directives of the governing body of apostles and elders in Jerusalem.
(Acts 15:1-32).

They had no Daddy GO and pastorpreneurs , or clergy - laity dichotomy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:48am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your explanation was what I commented upon as making no sense NOT your personality!

QUESTION REPOSTED
[author=shadeyinka post=78405555]

ANYWAYS, NEXT QUESTION!

LAKE OF FIRE
From the following scriptures:
Rev 20:10:
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever"
Rev 19:20:
"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."
Rev 20:14:
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Rev 20:15:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

If the devil, the beast and false prophet are tormented for ever and ever in the lake of fire, what happens to everyone else whose name is not found in the book of life?

Please note the scripture:

John 5:29: "And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."[/quotte]

The Question Rephrased:
The bible clearly states that the devil , the beast and the false prophet are tormented forever and ever.

The Bible clearly states that anyone whose name is NOT in the book of life is thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Are those people annihilated or tormented with the devil?
Recall that there is certainly a resurection of the wicked as well as the resurection of the righteous.

Is the beast a literal beast ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:23am On May 20, 2019
MY PERSONAL CONCLUSION!
I do hear of Apostates fighting against JWs both with their confrontations and in the hidden, but i thought it is only those who got baptised and later turn against the truth as they assume too much of themselves. Luke 17:10
Now i know the reason why many so called Pastors often warns their members never to engage in Bible based discussion with JWs.
Shadeyinka is an Apostate!
He knew nothing from the scripture but he is rendering his own conscience dead out of shameless pride and ego.
He discovered that there is no knowledge in the churches but accepted whatever they say as TRUTH anyway since they all claims to perform signs and he can't figure out the power backing them. Neither did he know of any STANDARD to measure up what Christianity entails!
He studied with JWs and find out that the group knew a lot but standing out as unique, they claims to be the ONE and ONLY group Jesus is using today, they don't bear religious titles[which shadeyinka desires so much] and they don't revere people who bear religious titles neither do they accord such people any special preference.
Shadeyinka studied with JWs for some times and off he went to the churches to boast of knowing the interpretations of the symbols mentioned in the Bible[all what he learnt from JWs], the ignorant churchgoers eulogised him as a special person to whom Jesus have revealed the interpretations of the symbols, he loved the praise from men so much that he discontinue the study with JWs so that those hailing him won't discover the REAL source of his LITTLE understanding of the symbols!
Since he loved the glory of men, whoever debunks his self acclaimed encounter with the holy spirit [that he deceitfully says is revealing the interpretations to him] such a person automatically becomes his enemy! angry
Now i know why he was bitterly, furiously and vehemently arguing with Muslims as the religion will NEVER accord him any respect regarding any religious title or his false stories of having encounter with the holy spirit. Jehovah's Witnesses also will NEVER call him Pastor so he is ready to kick against us anyway.
The Pharisees in Jesus' day never hated Jesus' personality, but since they loved to be called Rabbi[ teacher with regards to religion] and Jesus who claims to be the ONE and ONLY true Rabbi ever taught people not to bear religious titles [Matthew 23:7-8] the Pharisees and other sects who loved religious titles hated him to the point of death! John 11:48-50
Shadeyinka is simply a lover of praise from men, all the false religious sects claiming Christians are OK to him since they will not refute or debunk the religious titles all of them loved so much.
Despite all the strife, jealousy, hatred, sexual immorality, deceit, lies, murders and other works of the flesh that is evident in the lives of the men LEADING those religious sects, shadeyinka agreed that they are all Christian groups EXCEPT Jehovah's Witnesses who upholds high moral standards,refutes interfaith and will NEVER accept or revere him as Pastor! wink
So watch out for people like shadeyinka! Matthew 16:11
They hate the TRUTH and those bearing it with PASSION! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:20am On May 20, 2019
This is how degraded Christianity is according to shadeyinka.
There shouldn't be any standards to measure how Christianity ought to be! wink

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:10am On May 20, 2019
Jozzy4:

Is the beast a literal beast ?

There are two major beasts spoken about in Revelation.
1. The beast with seven Heads
"Rev 13:1: "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

2. The beast with Two Heads
Rev 13:11: "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

Satan himself is the Dragon who gave powers to the beasts

Rev 13:4:
"And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast : and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

The two beasts aren't literal. They are figurative expression of Satan ruling over the Governments of this world through his instruments .

The most solemn warning in the Bible is given to people who worship the beast.

“If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath.” Revelation 14:9,10

It seems that the second beast with two heads is also referred to as the False Prophet

Rev 16:13: "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

Rev 19:20:
"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Rev 20:10: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever"
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:41am On May 20, 2019
Janosky:

Congrats bro.
Your intent was to discredit Jehovah's witnesses but you unwittingly exposed your LIE on this public forum.

You are a denominationalist, a member of the ECWA denomination.

The early Christians in the book of Acts were an organization of true Christians (all churches in different cities ) ,they followed directives of the governing body of apostles and elders in Jerusalem.
(Acts 15:1-32).

They had no Daddy GO and pastorpreneurs , or clergy - laity dichotomy
Thank you for making me paste up the proper definition of a denominationalist.

A denominationalist is sectarianist!
de·nom·i·na·tion·al·ism (dĭ-nŏm′ə-nā′shə-nə-lĭz′əm)
n.
1. The tendency to separate into religious denominations.
2. Advocacy of separation into religious denominations.
3. Strict adherence to a denomination; sectarianism.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/denominationalist

It doesn't mean one who doesn't go to any church.
Heb 10:25:
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

If I happen to move to another city, the most convenient denomination who preach Christ alone is my family and that is where I will worship! I am not BOUND to any denomination!

I guess you know that JWs are part of the broad Christian DENOMINATIONS!?

Catholic
Roman Catholic · Anglican · Independent Catholic · Old Catholic
Protestant
Adventist · Anabaptist · Anglican · Baptist · Calvinist · Evangelical · Holiness · Lutheran · Methodist · Pentecostal
Eastern
Eastern Orthodox · Oriental Orthodox (Miaphysite) · Assyrian
Nontrinitarian
Jehovah's Witness · Latter Day Saint · Unitarian · Christadelphian · Oneness Pentecostal

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_denomination

And the JWs are the proper sectarianists!

And for your information, I DO NOT HAVE ANY DADDY GO!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:44am On May 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am ECWA!
C&S churches do not allow putting on of shoes or sandals inside their church. In my church, we put on shoes.
This doesn't make either of us inferior or superior to the other as far as Christ is concerned
Are you saying the same Holy Spirit from God will tell some worshipers "enter God's presence with your footwear" and withing the same community tell worshipers of the SAME God "you must NOT enter God's presence with your footwear"
Please how are you going to explain to a worshiper of Ogun that the god you worship is superior, since your god and their gods gives different orders to their worshipers
All the worshipers of deities in Yoruba lands agreed that Olodumare[Alimighty] is the one all of them are worshiping, but too pure to approach so they beg other smaller gods[whose likes and dislikes differs] to act as mediators between them and the Almighty. That is why their rules differs.
So is it the case the same with the spirit of the God you worship

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (77) (Reply)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here- / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.