Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (66816 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka2: 8:58am On May 17, 2019
I have just been banned by Nairaland's Spam bots for my last post. I will edit the title whenever I come off the ban.

So, I created another Monika for this.
shadeyinka2

I have told seun to reprogram the algorithm the bots use to flag offenders but I guess he hasn't yet done it.

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka2: 9:04am On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
The rule:
Each person must first PRESENT the group with which he associates as a believer.
Each person must show appreciation for the others earnest effort to have time for God's word.
Each person must explain the reason for his conviction.
Each person must display a high measure of self control while reading the response of the other.
So i need to know your religious group [denomination] first before proceeding further in the friendly discuss! smiley
After your talk with alBHAGDADI, we can now allow scrutiny of the scriptures and views as presented by each person.

The truth remains the truth in the face of QUESTIONS!
Questioning the truth actually VALIDATEs the TRUTH for the truth is invariant.

1Pet 3:15:
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

The keyword is REASON for our HOPE!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 9:17am On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
The rule:
Each person must first PRESENT the group with which he associates as a believer.
Each person must show appreciation for the others earnest effort to have time for God's word.
Each person must explain the reason for his conviction.
Each person must display a high measure of self control while reading the response of the other.
So i need to know your religious group [denomination] first before proceeding further in the friendly discuss! smiley

This is dictatorship. You can't sit down and create the rules to a debate all alone when you will be participating in the debate. It's almost like a gag tactics what you wrote up there.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:27am On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This is dictatorship. You can't sit down and create the rules to a debate all alone when you will be participating in the debate. It's almost like a gag tactics what you wrote up there.
People talk in the streets, buses, trains, market and other places without forcing you to join them in their discuss.
You may feel obliged to join in the discuss if what they're saying interests you.
But before two persons discuss ONE on ONE there must be mutual agreement between them for their conversation to last long and not degenerated into what is not beneficial. That is why we must agree to terms and conditions of each participant before we can have a meaningful conversation.
Those are my own PERSONAL principles guarding me during any discuss with another person, you too are free to say how you want the conversation to be and if we both agree then we can start a warm, tactful and friendly discuss! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:36am On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka2:

After your talk with alBHAGDADI, we can now allow scrutiny of the scriptures and views as presented by each person.

The truth remains the truth in the face of QUESTIONS!
Questioning the truth actually VALIDATEs the TRUTH for the truth is invariant.

1Pet 3:15:
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

The keyword is REASON for our HOPE!
The point Peter is emphasising there is 'to respectfully answer anyone who is asking to know a reason for the hope in the mind of a Christian'
Note that if the one asking is trying to bring in another ideology to replace what we have, then such a person must be ready to humble himself well enough to know what we believe and make effective presentations that will leave the listener to keep meditating on. There is no way we can think of correcting another person's views without first considering how to reach his heart with effective presentations! Matthew 10:11-15 smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka3: 9:43am On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:

The point Peter is emphasising there is 'to respectfully answer anyone who is asking to know a reason for the hope in the mind of a Christian'
Note that if the one asking is trying to bring in another ideology to replace what we have, then such a person must be ready to humble himself well enough to know what we believe and make effective presentations that will leave the listener to keep meditating on. There is no way we can think of correcting another person's views without first considering how to reach his heart with effective presentations! Matthew 10:11-15 smiley

Shadeyinka2 is banned again. So, I use shadeyinka3 for the same post
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka3: 10:00am On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:

If what a person teaches or believes is not in harmony with the scriptures it must be pointed out. Especially of the person completely goes out of sync with the word of truth. That is why one must not rely solely on any organisation to arrive at the truth.

Any truth that cannot be scrutinized is NOT the truth.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 10:11am On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka3:

If what a person teaches or believes is not in harmony with the scriptures it must be pointed out. Especially of the person completely goes out of sync with the word of truth. That is why one must not rely solely on any organisation to arrive at the truth.

@bold

That is what he's trying to gag us from doing. He doesn't want to his errors pointed out especially when the Bible makes it so glaring that they are wrong.

Clearly, he doesn't want to believe the Buble, he just wants to keep holding onto man made doctrines.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka3: 10:49am On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

@bold

That is what he's trying to gag us from doing. He doesn't want to his errors pointed out especially when the Bible makes it so glaring that they are wrong.

Clearly, he doesn't want to believe the Buble, he just wants to keep holding onto man made doctrines.
You can see how they are trained to preach!
They say a jargon, they put bible text link and assume they have spoken the truth. Quoting the word is difficult for them except when it seem to favour them.

Imagine a "servant of God" who claims not to have been commissioned nor authorized!?

Let him speak, you can pick him up (one by one) on it later.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 11:04am On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka3:

You can see how they are trained to preach!
They say a jargon, they put bible text link and assume they have spoken the truth. Quoting the word is difficult for them except when it seem to favour them.

Imagine a "servant of God" who claims not to have been commissioned nor authorized!?

Let him speak, you can pick him up (one by one) on it later.

I wonder why they choose to just be intentionally dubious. I guess they prefer to remain chained up even when the truth has come to set them free.

He doesn't want his organization to be questioned, yet he's subtly questioning other people.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka4: 11:23am On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I wonder why they choose to just be intentionally dubious. I guess they prefer to remain chained up even when the truth has come to set them free.

He doesn't want his organization to be questioned, yet he's subtly questioning other people.
Would you believe I got banned again?
There is obviously something wrong in the spam bots programming.

The demons in charge is so resilient. It takes a lot of sincerity and Gods grace for them to be set free.

Their rules of bible interpretation is so erratic I wonder how they keep track. They have memorized texts for every question whether it suits the Question asked or not.

If signs are to follow them that believe? How come not one single sign is following them.

They have a form of godliness but deny the power their of!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:40am On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka3:

Hmmm,
Well i strongly believe that the TRUTH is Jesus Christ[ John 14:6] and he speaks for himself through the pages of the scriptures, and i think that is why he is also called the WORD of God! John 1:1
The only way IDENTIFY where the TRUTH is operating is in the midst of his TRUE followers, he himself said 'by THEIR fruit' Matthew 7:15-20
There is no way any of Adam's descendants could be perfect for now, even the first century born again Christians like Apostle Paul still finds it hard to remain in the doctrines of Christ due to flesh! Romans 7:13-25
But how will an interested person know Jesus' true followers?
That is the GROUP or ORGANISATION unitedly producing the fruitage of God's holy spirit as one BODY! Galatians 5:22-23 compared to Ephesians 4:12
Any sincere and right thinking individual will notice that one or two of the members forming the body of Christ may err seriously [Galatians 2:11-14] but as an ORGANIZATION they will keep on improving and bearing noteworthy fruits or beneficial works! James 2:26
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka4: 12:01pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm,
Well i strongly believe that the TRUTH is Jesus Christ[ John 14:6] and he speaks for himself through the pages of the scriptures, and i think that is why he is also called the WORD of God! John 1:1
The only way IDENTIFY where the TRUTH is operating is in the midst of his TRUE followers, he himself said 'by THEIR fruit' Matthew 7:15-20
There is no way any of Adam's descendants could be perfect for now, even the first century born again Christians like Apostle Paul still finds it hard to remain in the doctrines of Christ due to flesh! Romans 7:13-25
But how will an interested person know Jesus' true followers?
That is the GROUP or ORGANISATION unitedly producing the fruitage of God's holy spirit as one BODY! Galatians 5:22-23 compared to Ephesians 4:12
Any sincere and right thinking individual will notice that one or two of the members forming the body of Christ may err seriously [Galatians 2:11-14] but as an ORGANIZATION they will keep on improving and bearing noteworthy fruits or beneficial works! James 2:26
And who are the true believers? Jehovah's witnesses!?
Not possible!

There are just two criteria
1. John 13:35: "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
2. Mar 16:17-18: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Jesus spoke about disciples not Organisations or Church denominations. By this standard you fail woefully.

2Tim 3:5: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

The scripture above fit you perfectly.
By their fruit, you will identify them,!

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka4:

Would you believe I got banned again?
There is obviously something wrong in the spam bots programming.

The demons in charge is so resilient. It takes a lot of sincerity and Gods grace for them to be set free.

Their rules of bible interpretation is so erratic I wonder how they keep track. They have memorized texts for every question whether it suits the Question asked or not.

If signs are to follow them that believe? How come not one single sign is following them.

They have a form of godliness but deny the power their of!
Hmmm,
You see why i said it's just enough to make simple presentations and leave your audience to decide whether your presentation is worth considering or not? wink
[1] You assumed we're demonic simply because we hold a different belief from yours, whereas there are thousands of religious groups with totally contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings! Matthew 10:24-26
[2] You wonder we do give answers with scriptural quotes[though not fitting from your own view] we are calm, confident and blissful with our responses! Matthew 10:19-20 compared to Isaiah 54:17
[3] You are expecting to see us perform signs before you can consider what we're saying! Matthew 12:39,16:4
[4] You think we have a form of godliness yet you're still agitating that our form of worship is strange! If so, what seems godly to you in our strange ways? Is it not something that is commonly accepted that could be seen as form of godly devotion? cheesy
Well, God bless you Sir! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka4:

And who are the true believers? Jehovah's witnesses!?
Not possible!

There are just two criteria
1. John 13:35: "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
2. Mar 16:17-18: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Jesus spoke about disciples not Organisations or Church denominations. By this standard you fail woefully.

2Tim 3:5: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

The scripture above fit you perfectly.
By their fruit, you will identify them,!
If you think we're not doing things right, that's an ample opportunity for you to present a better religious group that's doing God's will!
You need not get angry or agitate about it, just do it right, sincere observers will notice the good fruits you're producing and come to join you without any stress! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka4: 12:27pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm,
You see why i said it's just enough to make simple presentations and leave your audience to decide whether your presentation is worth considering or not? wink
[1] You assumed we're demonic simply because we hold a different belief from yours, whereas there are thousands of religious groups with totally contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings! Matthew 10:24-26
[2] You wonder we do give answers with scriptural quotes[though not fitting from your own view] we are calm, confident and blissful with our responses! Matthew 10:19-20 compared to Isaiah 54:17
[3] You are expecting to see us perform signs before you can consider what we're saying! Matthew 12:39,16:4
[4] You think we have a form of godliness yet you're still agitating that our form of worship is strange! If so, what seems godly to you in our strange ways? Is it not something that is commonly accepted that could be seen as form of godly devotion? cheesy
Well, God bless you Sir! smiley
1. If holding a different view is what makes people Demonized then you have a point. What else can be responsible for doctrines of demons you preach?

Rom 16:17-18:
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

By their Words and Speeches( alone) you will identify them

2Jn 1:9-10:
"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed:"

2. Scriptural Quotes:

No! It's a Deliberate deception to fool people into thinking your response is bible based. Anyone can say "God is Love Heb12:29" but is that what Heb12:29 really says?
It is a confidence of Deliberate misinformation

3. Signs and Wonders?

You don't even have the Spirit of Christ to validate the word of truth. What you have is deception. If God will NOT listen to you to do the work of Christ, then you are not of His!
4. A form of godliness
You portray Faith and Believe in Jesus Christ whereas, you don't know Him: you only know about Him. Don't Muslims claim to know Jesus? But do they know Him?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka4: 12:35pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
If you think we're not doing things right, that's an ample opportunity for you to present a better religious group that's doing God's will!
You need not get angry or agitate about it, just do it right, sincere observers will notice the good fruits you're producing and come to join you without any stress! smiley
There is no church denomination in paradise. Is your name written in the book of life?

You don't know because only 144,000 peoples name are written (of the 12 tribes of Israel). Your name CANNOT even be there cause you're form Nigeria (a black man)!

Look into the scriptures and stop bring a slave to legalism and colonization of a few.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 17, 2019
@shadeyinka,
I want you to meditate on how we met before we began chatting!
You were ARGUING vehemently against the beliefs of ANOTHER religious group on NL whereas even those with whom you claim to believe the same book and calling yourselves born again still contradict one another fiercely.
I called your attention with the aim of telling you what Jesus said about arguing with those who will not welcome our presentations. You assumed we're on the same page and i said NO! because if we're truly on the same page you won't be arguing with those who don't seem to notice an atom of virtue in your presentation.
You noticed that i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you wanted to start arguing with me, but i maturely told you there is no need for arguments rather we only need to make simple presentations of our beliefs.
Now you're fiercely saying all sort of things simply because i have a different religious belief and adding that since i don't perform signs i must be demonic. cheesy
Whereas there are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians out there who neither perform nor claim to perform any signs.
I wonder why you're so particular about my own organization not performing signs for you! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka4:

There is no church denomination in paradise. Is your name written in the book of life?
You don't know because only 144,000 peoples name are written (of the 12 tribes of Israel). Your name CANNOT even be there cause you're form Nigeria (a black man)!
Look into the scriptures and stop bring a slave to legalism and colonization of a few.
Well since there are hundreds of thousands of religious groups[organizations] claiming Christian with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.
I will just remain in my own until Jesus comes to settle the issue after all there are millions of demons at work causing the differences in beliefs, so my case is just a familiar one! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 1:05pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
@shadeyinka,
I want you to meditate on how we met before we began chatting!
You were ARGUING vehemently against the beliefs of ANOTHER religious group on NL whereas even those with whom you claim to believe the same book and calling yourselves born again still contradict one another fiercely.
I called your attention with the aim of telling you what Jesus said about arguing with those who will not welcome our presentations. You assumed we're on the same page and i said NO! because if we're truly on the same page you won't be arguing with those who don't seem to notice an atom of virtue in your presentation.
You noticed that i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you wanted to start arguing with me, but i maturely told you there is no need for arguments rather we only need to make simple presentations of our beliefs.
Now you're fiercely saying all sort of things simply because i have a different religious belief and adding that since i don't perform signs i must be demonic. cheesy
Whereas there are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians out there who neither perform nor claim to perform any signs.
I wonder why you're so particular about my own organization not performing signs for you! cheesy
Oh!
Christians can argue and debate with each other in love. Haven't you seen a fierce game before?
But
When I see an impostor, I expose all their cover. That's what I am doing: exposing your cover. Yours is more than a difference in Doctrine: yours is like a WOLF dressed in the skin of a LAMB. I honestly don't have any apology for that.

Both of us know that we aren't of the same family. I asked you, are you Born Again? Did you give any straight forward answer?

NOTE:
There is something in your earlier post that is flagging my response. I've just been banned again.

But I will surely post my responses

Do every Christian perform signs and wonders?
No!
But every TRUE Christian believe in them. There problem isn't to deny it but lack of adequate faith to perform. In your case, it's a total denial!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 1:12pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
Well since there are hundreds of thousands of religious groups[organizations] claiming Christian with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.
I will just remain in my own until Jesus comes to settle the issue after all there are millions of demons at work causing the differences in beliefs, so my case is just a familiar one! wink
And most of them inspite of the differing doctrines will enter paradise. But you will discover you've been 419'd when you die!
Just imagine after death to discover that you are still alive. Maybe then you will remember how you have been misled!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 1:15pm On May 17, 2019
Continuation:

Maximus69
God never intended that man should get sick, grow old or die, neither was there any plans to start casting out demons from his earthly children. All of these are circumstantial because if Adam did not succumb to the rebellious act in Eden, Adam's children wouldn't have needed healing of any sort, neither do we need Jesus here on earth for any reason whatsoever!
After Adam and Eve have disobeyed God, they brought upon all their progenies different manner of infirmities ranging from deformity of their body parts, malfunctioning of their inner system and the CHANCE for Satan and other rebellious angels to invade their habitation[earth]
And the Son of man came for this purpose.

1Jn 3:8: "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
Even before the commencement of paradise, Jesus said

Luk 10:19: "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 1:17pm On May 17, 2019

Maximus69
God's promises about Paradise centers on how all such misappropriate issues will be PERMANENTLY resolved.
So when Jesus came to PREACH [make presentations of all the good tidings] most of his listeners liked to ask him thought provoking question about how all these evil things began. John 9:2
That is why he must TEACH [inculcate in them] all the virtues of his heavenly father whom Satan's act have tainted his good name amongst humans! Matthew 6:9
The miracles [signs and wonders] is for two main reasons:
(1) To help impress in the hearts of all his listeners that God [his father] can surely restore everything back to normal.
(2) To prove that Jesus is the promised King under whose rule everything will become perfect just like in Eden.
So before his coming and when he was going back to heaven, there were different religious sects claiming to be worshipers of the God of Abraham in Israel.
Gentiles who wanted to join God's people in pure worship needed to know that God is no more using any sect except only Jesus' group. Moreover Satan wanted to corrupt the new formed group with his corrupt influence! That is why there must be signs and wonders as approval of the Apostles and those with them from the God of Israel whose fame has gone both far and near.
Today the Bible is complete so there is NO need for any signs to prove anything since everyone can read the messages of Jesus group in any part of the earth. Even the Quran quoted that there is a book in the hands of the Jews that needed to be studied for anyone who wants to have good standing with the true God so there is no excuse for anyone now. Quran 10:94-95 compared to Romans 1:20
That is why the signs and wonders is no more part of pure worship [/b]in our time but LOVE for God and neighbours demonstrated by our virtuous deeds as evidence of our FAITH! 1Corinthians 13 smiley
The way you bring in personal interpretation into clearly stated scripture is amazing. [b]We now have the bible hence signs disappeared!!!! ...just listen to yourself.

If you claim miracles have ceased happening, would you please give us a date? For after Jesus, the disciples were still doing miracles...miracles were not even exclusive to the apostles.
Here is a man not even part of the disciples or the apostles doing what faith in Christ alone can do.

Mar 9:38-40: "
And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbade him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part."

I am so surprised you could bring in the Qur'an to validate the Bible! Is Allah the same as Yahweh? Does Mohammed even know the identity of the spirit that decieved him?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 1:20pm On May 17, 2019
THE LAST PART OF MY RESPONSES!

Maximus69
Just like the thief Jesus gave his word as a promised that he will be in Paradise, the other thief insisted on the signs and wonders when they're getting the full punishment for their acts but there is time for everything! Matthew 12:39, 16:4 compared to Ecclesiastes 3:1
So while one put his faith in Jesus, the other kept demanding for miracles. Jesus only attended to the one who aknowledge him as the promised King despite the pains both himself and Jesus were experiencing! Luke 23:42

Satan is the one behind all these signs and wonders today! They will only concentrate on those signs but there will be no fruit of God's holy spirit in them as they can't unite people from different races, rather their followers will still be fight and killing one another due to RACISM! Revelations 16:13-14
That is why Jesus said many in our own time will think they're on his side but he will tell them 'we're not on the same page' Matthew 7:21-23 wink
Signs and wonders have never being a part of worship. They validate that you have been sent and commission by God.

If your first paragraph were true, the disciples will loose all abilities of healing and deliverance. They would just be empty vessels preaching the word of Christ without His backing.

Your conclusion @bolded that satan is behind every miracle and deliverance today. I can't help but marvel at your level of imprisonment. I will answer you with two scriptures.

Mat 12:25-29,31:
"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man and then he will spoil his house. … Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

The problem is that you cannot even find a single scripture to justify that miracles have ended. It betrays the fact that your"form of godliness is self inspired"!

Luk 10:9-10:
"And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,"

But you are quick to quote the second part. "...and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same.."

Who is fooling who?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 1:49pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Signs and wonders have never being a part of worship. They validate that you have been sent and commission by God.

If your first paragraph were true, the disciples will loose all abilities of healing and deliverance. They would just be empty vessels preaching the word of Christ without His backing.

Your conclusion @bolded that satan is behind every miracle and deliverance today. I can't help but marvel at your level of imprisonment. I will answer you with two scriptures.

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man and then he will spoil his house. … Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

The problem is that you cannot even find a single scripture to justify that miracles have ended. It betrays the fact that your"form of godliness is self inspired"!

"And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,"

But you are quick to quote the second part. "...and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same.."

Who is fooling who?

I like how you've been exposing him by ysu the word of God. Everyone can clearly see how much he is in error.

All he's being doing all day is make claims that are not found in the Bible.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Who is fooling who?
Thanks for everything Sir.
I don't know you've been this hurt with the simple presentations of what each person believes! embarassed
Well i just hope there will still be freedom of speech, expression and worship on earth if a politician with your type of mindset gains power! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

And most of them inspite of the differing doctrines will enter paradise. But you will discover you've been 419'd when you die!
Just imagine after death to discover that you are STILL ALIVE. Maybe then you will remember how you have been misled!

If after death people are STILL ALIVE then i suppose Satan was NEVER a LIAR after all people aren't dying for real as he said! Genesis 3:4 cheesy
Hmmm,if the wages of sin is not DEATH[Romans 6:23] that means Adam and Eve are STILL ALIVE somewhere!
Well then, are they enjoying or been tormented now? undecided
i wonder who then is the real LIAR between God and Satan! John 8:44 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

[b]NOTE:
There is something in your earlier post that is flagging my response. I've just been banned again.
You only need to calm down and follow the RULES of the forum!
This forum is an initiative of Seun[an atheist] and there are conditions that each participants must strictly hold onto.
A true Christian shouldn't be barred from social media that's meant for everyone to share their views or make simple presentations of their beliefs.
But if you've been barred for more than four times within just one day, then it means you're not doing thing according to the order.
Jesus said he will deny 'workers of inequity' or 'workers of lawlessness' Matthew 7:23
I wish you can stay and maintain orderliness before these unbelievers so that your fine conduct can bring praise to the name of Jehovah, the God of ORDERLINESS! 1Peter 2:12
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 2:52pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
You only need to calm down and follow the RULES of the forum!
This forum is an initiative of Seun[an atheist] and there are conditions that each participants must strictly hold onto.
A true Christian shouldn't be barred from social media that's meant for everyone to share their views or make simple presentations of their beliefs.
But if you've been barred for more than four times within just one day, then it means you're not doing thing according to the order.
Jesus said he will deny 'workers of inequity' or 'workers of lawlessness' Matthew 7:23
I wish you can stay and maintain orderliness before these unbelievers so that your fine conduct can bring praise to the name of Jehovah, the God of ORDERLINESS! 1Peter 2:12
I think you should point out the rules broken!
Satan is a liar!

Are you orderly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.