Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Death? What Benefit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death? What Benefit? (2121 Views)

Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? / What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? / What Benefit Did You Reap? - Steve Edwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The same Jesus Christ also informed us that the only birth we get from our mother's womb is a physical birth , confirmation of the creation story in Genesis 2 for those who believe, and that it is only when we are born-again that we experience a birth of the Spirit kind... John 3 vs 1 - 8. . In Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27, God confirmed that He will indeed install a new spirit in those who belong to Him.undecided

You shouldn't randomly access scripture to suit your opinions, you are instead meant to comprehend what is written in each book, in much the way you would any other book out there.

You are indeed very funny, ...and dishonest.

Where did it say body , mind and soul .

He is talking about spirit and flesh. Which simply means overcoming the human ego...

You don't really know anything..

Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
You are indeed very funny, ...and dishonest.

1. Where did it say body , mind and soul .
2. He is talking about spirit and flesh. Which simply means overcoming the human ego...

You don't really know anything..
1. Man is made of a mind, body and soul , and according to God, man was created of the clay of this world ... a physical being. undecided

2. Rubbish! Jesus Christ cleared stated there in that context that the only life you get from your mother is a physical one. undecided
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.” - John 3 vs 5 - 8

What spirit and flesh and overcoming what ego are you rambling about? Comprehension failing you or somehow? undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
That's the beginning...so all the info should be there..
How can all be information be found in Genesis as if the rest of God's declarations are meaningless or something? undecided

Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9, the shema reveals man is made of more than just a body. Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11 is God telling of How He sees into the heart of men. undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can all be information be found in Genesis as if the rest of God's declarations are meaningless or something? undecided

Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9, the shema reveals man is made of more than just a body. Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11 is God telling of How He sees into the heart of men. undecided

So what are the other parts in Deuteronomy 6:4-9.

Is heart not a part of the body ?

You are just very funny. Why not include hands and legs.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Man is made of a mind, body and soul , and according to God, man was created of the clay of this world ... a physical being. undecided

2. Rubbish! Jesus Christ cleared stated there in that context that the only life you get from your mother is a physical one. undecided

What spirit and flesh and overcoming what ego are you rambling about? Comprehension failing you or somehow? undecided

Man is a spiritual being having a human experience. That is the truth you are expected to discover.

I guess I will be casting pearls before swine if I continue...just wallow in your ignorance and do what swines do...

Shalom.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2021
Death is just return to default. Whether1 jesus died or 1000 Jesuses, it does not change anything. It will not somehow make God to forgive anybodys sin.

We are expected to confess and forsake our evil ways and God will forgive..

Jesus dying shows if anything that he us not God. Death was only decreed for humans. God's don't die.

Shalom.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
Man is a spiritual being having a human experience. That is the truth you are expected to discover.

I guess I will be casting pearls before swine if I continue...just wallow in your ignorance and do what swines do...
Shalom.
Again, man was created created physical being and is no spiritual than an animal is. He is of the elements of this world and returns to the ground when he dies. undecided

Who do you think Jesus Christ labeled the swine ? The one who believes Him or the one who doesn't? undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
So what are the other parts in Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
Is heart not a part of the body ?

You are just very funny. Why not include hands and legs.
Right there God through His Law revealed that man is composed of more than just the body - he is mind, body and soul, all wrapped up in one. undecided

Clearly, God is telling His people there to serve Him not only with their body, but also with their heart as well and mind. undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Right there God through His Law revealed that man is composed of more than just the body - he is mind, body and soul, all wrapped up in one. undecided

Clearly, God is telling His people there to serve Him not only with their body, but also with their heart as well and mind. undecided
My friend, the mind is in the brain. Which is part of the body. Man is made up of spirt or breath of God + body made from dust...
Just two parents is needed to create a human being. The man provides the sperm(which contains the spirit) that is why genealogy is transferred from father to son and the egg or ova which produces the body. When both combine in the woman's womb a soul is formed.

So when God said let us make man in our image after our likeness he was talking to the earth, the earth provided the dust for the body. Thanks..

Learn, unlearn and relearn..
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, man was created created physical being and is no spiritual than an animal is. He is of the elements of this world and returns to the ground when he dies. undecided

Who do you think Jesus Christ labeled the swine ? The one who believes Him or the one who doesn't? undecided

What is is fake Jesus saving going by your first paragraph? It means there was never any need for Jesus...

Think...some being closed minded. You will only wallow in ignorance.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
1. My friend, the mind is in the brain. Which is part of the body. Man is made up of spirt or breath of God + body made from dust...

2. Just two parents is needed to create a human being. The man provides the sperm(which contains the spirit) that is why genealogy is transferred from father to son and the egg or ova which produces the body. When both combine in the woman's womb a soul is formed.

3. So when God said let us make man in our image after our likeness he was talking to the earth, the earth provided the dust for the body. Thanks..

Learn, unlearn and relearn..
1. According to God's own Word, a man is composed of a body, mind and soul - Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9 undecided

2. As is written in Genesis 2, and reiterated in John 3 by Jesus Christ, the only life you obtain from being conceived and born from your mother's womb is a physical life, and not a spiritual one. undecided

3. God talked to the earth, and said, "in our image..."?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
What is is fake Jesus saving going by your first paragraph? It means there was never any need for Jesus...

Think...some being closed minded. You will only wallow in ignorance.
You brought Jesus Christ into this discussion. Now you insult him because His teachings don't agree with your delusions? undecided

And you think me the close-minded ignorant one here? undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You brought Jesus Christ into this discussion. Now you insult him because His teachings don't agree with your delusions? undecided

Lol..man Is made up of God spirit + dust of earth...when he dies spirit returns to God who gave it and the body back to earth. Of what importance is Jesus?
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God's own Word, a man is composed of a body, mind and soul - Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9 undecided

2. As is written in Genesis 2, and reiterated in John 3 by Jesus Christ, the only life you obtain from being conceived and born from your mother's womb is a physical life, and not a spiritual one. undecided

ROFLMAO

And you think you are born again...
Don't worry when you grow up , you will understand better. Till then just wllow in ignorance
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
Lol..man Is made up of God spirit + dust of earth...when he dies spirit returns to God who gave it and the body back to earth. Of what importance is Jesus?
Again, You brought Jesus Christ into this discussion. Now you insult him because His teachings don't agree with your delusions? undecided

Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
And you think you are born again...
Don't worry when you grow up , you will understand better. Till then just wllow in ignorance
Again... 1. According to God's own Word, a man is composed of a body, mind and soul - Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9 undecided

ROFLMAO
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, You brought Jesus Christ into this discussion. Now you insult him because His teachings don't agree with your delusions? undecided

Again..of what importance is he to anything?

I follow the commandments of my creator.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
Again..of what importance is he to anything?

I follow the commandments of my creator.
What creator? undecided

You mean the one you believe is nothing but a fool for declaring that only those who are of the blood or Jacob can honor Him through obedience of His Old Covenant Law of Moses - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again... 1. According to God's own Word, a man is composed of a body, mind and soul - Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 - 9 undecided

ROFLMAO

Again where in God's own word is man composed of more than 2 constituents..?

That is deuteronomy 6:4-9.
So where is your point?

Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
Again where in God's own word is man composed of more than 2 constituents..?

That is deuteronomy 6:4-9.
So where is your point?
You need glasses or something? It tells you right there of a heart, soul and strength component to man, does it not. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You need glasses or something? It tells you right there of a heart, soul and strength component to man, does it not. undecided

You are a malu....sorry to say..
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
You are a malu....sorry to say..
You pretend as though you have some level of intelligence on these things but the moment it is revealed to you that you don't make sense at all still, you quickly resort of attacking the one you believe is your opponent. You no see say na you be the one here with Malu characteristics? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You pretend as though you have some level of intelligence on these things but the moment it is revealed to you that you don't make sense at all still, you quickly resort of attacking the one you believe is your opponent. You no see say na you be the one here with Malu characteristics? undecided

Do you even read what you type before you click submit? Do they actually remotely make sense to you?
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What creator? undecided

You mean the one you believe is nothing but a fool for declaring that only those who are of the blood or Jacob can honor Him through obedience of His Old Covenant Law of Moses - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided

Your days are numbered....continue to insult the creator..
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
Your days are numbered....continue to insult the creator..
I am not the one who insults Him,you are since you place yourself above Him this by your rejection His own decree in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am not the one who insults Him,you are since you place yourself above Him this by your rejection His own decree in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

You keep posting passages you have no knowledge of.

You sure do need to continue your medication, probably to increase the dose. You are slipping back. You are just not completely recovered.

What is there that proves your point...

Do you follow God's command like he asked?

1 Like

Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonmvayina:
You keep posting passages you have no knowledge of.
You sure do need to continue your medication, probably to increase the dose. You are slipping back. You are just not completely recovered.
What is there that proves your point...
Do you follow God's command like he asked?
I have posted the point of this passage to you at least 5 times and each of the 5 times we have gone through it too. undecided

There in the passage God clearly tells you, again, that the agreement He made, not with those of Gentile birth, but instead those born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Gentiles will never taste of inherit of what God has promised only to those of the house of Jacob, no matter how they try to discredit God in this. undecided

In a way, you and no different from the JWs who also feel they can lay claim of that belongs to the Israel, only difference is there approach is to claim God gave up on Isreal at some point - a lie ofcourse- whereaz you pretend God made a mistake from the beginning regarding who He made the Old Covenant agreement with. undecided
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have posted the point of this passage to you at least 5 times and each of the 5 times we have gone through it too. undecided

There in the passage God clearly tells you, again, that the agreement He made, not with those of Gentile birth, but instead those born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Gentiles will never taste of inherit of what God has promised only to those of the house of Jacob, no matter how they try to discredit God in this. undecided

In a way, you and no different from the JWs who also feel they can lay claim of that belongs to the Israel, only difference is there approach is to claim God gave up on Isreal at some point - a lie ofcourse- whereaz you pretend God made a mistake from the beginning regarding who He made the Old Covenant agreement with. undecided

You are the one calling it old covenant.

To the jews who owns it, it is called the Torah and it is for ever.
The romans who wanted to deceive you and created the Jesus character are the ones who called it that because they want to add their pagan human sacrifice at the back of the Jewish scriptures...do you care to know why they did that?

There is only one creator of all that gave his laws to the whole of humanity...you keep dwelling on the one the jews wrote for themselves...

You have to relearn.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonmvayina:
You are the one calling it old covenant.

To the jews who owns it, it is called the Torah and it is for ever.
The romans who wanted to deceive you and created the Jesus character are the ones who called it that because they want to add their pagan human sacrifice at the back of the Jewish scriptures...do you care to know why they did that?

There is only one creator of all that gave his laws to the whole of humanity...you keep dwelling on the one the jews wrote for themselves...

You have to relearn.
Does my referring to it as the Old Covenant Law of Moses change any of what is written in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20?

Again, There in the passage God clearly tells you, again, that the agreement He made, not with those of Gentile birth, but instead those born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Does my referring to it as the Old Covenant Law of Moses change any of what is written in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20?

Again, There in the passage God clearly tells you, again, that the agreement He made, not with those of Gentile birth, but instead those born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Stop being fixated on the one the jews wrote. It is all propaganda. The way he created the jews is the same way he created Africans. We are all his children. Every human being on earth. He has no favorite. I could write that the igbos are God favorite people in Nigeria, does it mean it is true?

God gave all humanity same laws and tradition. They wove a story round the laws and personalized it. You are using it as a standard.

I only quote it because it is same as the igbo omenani..

I don't know how else to explain it for you.

God detest human sacrifice..it is an abomination. That pagans do it does not mean it is right

Learn..again.
Re: Death? What Benefit? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonmvayina:
Stop being fixated on the one the jews wrote. It is all propaganda. The way he created the jews is the same way he created Africans. We are all his children. Every human being on earth. He has no favorite. I could write that the igbos are God favorite people in Nigeria, does it mean it is true?

God gave all humanity same laws and tradition. They wove a story round the laws and personalized it. You are using it as a standard. I only quote it because it is same as the igbo omenani..
I don't know how else to explain it for you.
God detest human sacrifice..it is an abomination. That pagans do it does not mean it is right
Learn..again.
I am beginning to believe you may be struggling from some serious memory issues there cause I have, on more than one occasion, been through and shown how your claim there is bold is not based on any known facts. lipsrsealed

I remember well going through the omenani with you to show how unlike the Jewish Old Covenant it is in form, ideas and composition. So why you keep repeating this falsehood even after that buggles the mind. It almost reassure me that Truth is not in fact what you seek...almost as if you are more interested in finding more victims to agree with you in your delusion. undecided

As for the jews being God's favorite people, that is not what God Himself said. He favored them does not mean they are His favorite. If all you what is to be labeled among God's Favorite, then I suggest you find out what God's Will is, and get to doing that and only that..
Re: Death? What Benefit? by sonmvayina(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am beginning to believe you may be struggling from some serious memory issues there cause I have, on more than one occasion, been through and shown how your claim there is bold is not based on any known facts. lipsrsealed

I remember well going through the omenani with you to show how unlike the Jewish Old Covenant it is in form, ideas and composition. So why you keep repeating this falsehood even after that buggles the mind. It almost reassure me that Truth is not in fact what you seek...almost as if you are more interested in finding more victims to agree with you in your delusion. undecided

As for the jews being God's favorite people, that is not what God Himself said. He favored them does not mean they are His favorite. If all you what is to be labeled among God's Favorite, then I suggest you find out what God's Will is, and get to doing that and only that..

Is that not what we are all about. Doing the will of God. Which is simply obey his laws and ommandments. That is what I am doing...

But you are not doing it.

You are worshipping a man as God which is tantamount to idolatry. You are going through an intermediary which God who is our father has not approved.

So Jesus can not be a son if he asked people to disobey God's commandments and laws. He must be a son of another God.

I follow my creator. I follow his laws...I sincerely doubt if he will punish me for that. Do you reckon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rapture Visions From Buddy Baker (jan 17, 2011).additional Visions: / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon / Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.