Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English (106409 Views)

Kids Will Learn ABC This Way, If This Generation Is Not Careful / Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / Most Annoying Common Grammatical Errors In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
naijababe:

^ and she coined the term ' Tomato Phd' too grin grin grin
grin
She's really enjoying herself. She's really a strong girl. Full of energy.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by MissyB3(f): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
ola olabiy:

Sacking, bro. It's a noun.
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sacking
Sack is also correct. It's a noun; one of its definitions : Slang . dismissal or discharge, as from a job: to get the sack.
Sack sounds better than sacking, to me.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Missy B, Ola's composing a rap song for u oo cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
Apart from from the fixed expression "get the sack", it is not commonly used.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by MissyB3(f): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
ola olabiy:

Missy B, Ola's composing a rap song for u oo cheesy
Waiting . . . . grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Waiting . . . . grin
Composed. Where do you want me to post it?

Why no kuku come a Gerfunkel restaurant come collect am tongue? Na chart topper oo.

Tinie go like am sef - all for u wink
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
Awww!!! Prof, a true romantic at heart smiley cool
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
naijababe:

Awww!!! Prof, a true romantic at heart smiley cool
LOL.
You need to see the one I composed for moi Isale. She'd love it.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2011
^ Dreams can come true, so says Gabrielle cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2011
naijababe:

^ Dreams can come true, so says Gabrielle cheesy

Good things come to those who wait tongue
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by MissyB3(f): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2011
Prof, where is my song? angry
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Prof, where is my song? angry
Where do you want me to post it, Omoge. wink tongue.

But, there is a proviso, you need to drop this prof prof name
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by MissyB3(f): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
ola olabiy:

Where do you want me to post it, Omoge. wink tongue.

But, there is a proviso, you need to drop this prof prof name
In my kitchen or create a thread in the music section.
God save you if it's a Terry G-ish song . . . Worse still, if I do not get my song in the next 48 hours. shocked angry This dancing and singing with you in the dream thing must stop, I have been nodding to and humming the unkown and To-be-dedicated-to-Missy song all year. shocked tongue
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

In my kitchen or create a thread in the music section.
God save you if it's a Terry G-ish song . . . Worse still, if I do not get my song in the next 48 hours. shocked angry This dancing and singing with you in the dream thing must stop, I have been nodding to and humming the unkown and To-be-dedicated-to-Missy song all year. shocked tongue

Hmmmm. Why not in person, Omo'ba N'Edo? Somewhere swanky, and, ehm . . ehm . . . with roast beef? wink tongue
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2011
Incorrect: You don't say "bless you" when somebody coughs.

Correct: You ONLY say "bless you" when somebody sneezes.

What do you think?
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by MissyB3(f): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
ola olabiy:

Hmmmm. Why not in person, Omo'ba N'Edo?
Omo N'oba N'Edo tongue

Somewhere swanky, and, ehm . . ehm . . . with roast beef? wink tongue
I refuse to be tempted. cheesy

Incorrect: You don't say "bless you" when somebody coughs.

Correct: You ONLY say "bless you" when somebody sneezes.

What do you think?
Yup!
Persistent cough - You need water/ are you okay? grin
Sneeze - Bless you

Never heard anyone say ''bless you'' when someone coughs.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Omo N'oba N'Edo tongue
I refuse to be tempted. cheesy
Yup!
Persistent cough - You need water/ are you okay? grin
Sneeze - Bless you

Never heard anyone say ''bless you'' when someone coughs.
This Missy B ehn. wink .Rap song rejected? cheesy

Yeah. It's wrong to say "bless you" when someone coughs buy some people can be overzealous.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by mannyx2011: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hello
I would like to let you know about a web site that Is currently

helping our youth pass their exams on line. It works 365 days a year,

and for not just days or weeks, but for years and years, making youths

put all external exams to shame.
It's real and easy way to be sure you can pass your exams using the

power of the INTERNET.Go to the link below to learn more:
http://www.examsuccessng.com/
See you,

Emmanuel A Bassey
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by okundiaernest(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
Wow! What a thread this is. Guys thank y'll, i have really learnt a lot from this thread. GOD bless everyone that made this thread a success. In respect of, prof. Ola, slap1, odunnu and co. And for those that i didn't mention their names, you are special as well, and you are one in a million. Am not trying to be melodramatic here, guys believe me, you are really doing a great job and that makes y'll special.

Gracias, y te amo.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by denzel2009: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2011
There's nothing like say the truth, you are only allowed to Speak or Tell the Truth

and there's nothing like semi-illiterate; It is Semi-literate.

Just wanted to get it off my mind.

How you dey Prof Ola? cool
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by AjanleKoko: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
Na wa. Page 62, and Naija people still don't know English?

Some parents need to ask for their school money back grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Na wa. Page 62, and Naija people still don't know English?

Some parents need to ask for their school money back grin

Haha!!! Some of us are late bloomers now.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
denzel2009:

There's nothing like say the truth, you are only allowed to Speak or Tell the Truth

and there's nothing like semi-illiterate; It is Semi-literate.

Just wanted to get it off my mind.

How you dey Prof Ola? cool
Chei, Denzel, don't tell me you have climbed aboard the bandwagon of this prof thang oo. I hate the name abeg. smiley

Thanks for your help.
And, more please.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

Haha!!! Some of us are late bloomers now.

LOL.

A master like u?
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by denzel2009: 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Chei, Denzel, don't tell me you have climbed aboard the bandwagon of this prof thang oo. I hate the name abeg. smiley

Thanks for your help.
And, more please.
Oye a mori  cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
denzel2009:

Oye a mori  cheesy

I prefer Chief this Chief that. Like Adenuga dem tongue
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

LOL.

A master like u?

Master ke? Ta lon jeun t'aja njuru? E be like say you miss the memo on my ara oko status, Chief Ola wink
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

Master ke? Ta lon jeun t'aja njuru? E be like say you miss the memo on my ara oko status, Chief Ola wink
I missed it. You don join moi league?

Thanks moi sista. I prefer chief this and that jare. Money better pass this yeye prof wey dem call me jare. If I take a title for Enugu, for example, dem go dash me one fine girl like dat. Wetin better pass, moi sista?
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

I missed it. You don join moi league?

Thanks moi sista. I prefer chief this and that jare. Money better pass this yeye prof wey dem call me jare. If I take a title for Enugu, for example, dem go dash me one fine girl like dat. Wetin better pass, moi sista?

I bin dey your league before na, I just dey do shakara, as pe i be babe now grin. So na becos woman u wan become chief? Your scopes for NL go begin tear race o grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

I bin dey your league before na, I just dey do shakara, as pe i be babe now grin. So na becos woman u wan become chief? Your scopes for NL go begin tear race o grin
No. No be becos of women alone oo. Women na just part of the spoils tongue.

Remember one Abiola.

And, u no dey moi league oo
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
Naijababe and Isale - original ajebo

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (72) (Reply)

LAUTECH Student's Leaked Sex Video: Story Behind The Sex Tape, The Girl Reacts / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Female US Teacher Had Sex With Boy, 13, In Classroom & Even Moved Into His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.