Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English - Education (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English (106186 Views)

Kids Will Learn ABC This Way, If This Generation Is Not Careful / Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / Most Annoying Common Grammatical Errors In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Naijababe and Isale - original ajebo

The jury has deliberated and returned the verdict on this one; only one is the real ajebo and it's not the one whose moniker starts with n
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

The jury has deliberated and returned the verdict on this one; only one is the real ajebo and it's not the one whose moniker starts with n

grin grin grin

Are u sure?

Don't pretend oo smiley
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
I am telling you, I be real ara oko. Na God save say i just land for jand, i for worse pass Monica grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

I am telling you, I be real ara oko. Na God save say i just land for jand, i for worse pass Monica grin

You're from Isale Eko/Awori oo. wink wink. You are in your dad's house in Glasgow, innit?

Did you ever eat Egbo, for example? cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2011
Wrong on all counts. I am Ogun awori (the real deal grin). I wish my Dad had/has a house in Glasgow and I have eaten egbo ati ewa but I absolutely hate the shyte, the only thing I hate more than egbo is cocoyam.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
Naijababe, u need to teach me this FOREX thang oo. Maybe the MANI go roll in. smiley

I need dollar dollar dollar is what I need (una don hear the song?)  cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

Wrong on all counts. I am Ogun awori (the real deal grin).
Moi Isale says NOOOOOOOO. tongue

naijababe:

I hate more than egbo is cocoyam.
Cocoyam is sweet. grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hahaha!!! So says Prof, Chief Ola. U no be small boy now, abi u think say i no know?
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
naijababe:

Hahaha!!! So says Prof, Chief Ola. U no be small boy now, abi u think say i no know?
You tried with Egbo knowledge sha. But did u google it? cheesy
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Moi Isale says NOOOOOOOO. tongue
Cocoyam is sweet. grin

T'alesinsin o ba gbe tele tele. Cocoyam is awful, my granddad loved it pounded. What beats me to this day is how anyone can digest it pounde? But I used to eat for his sake back then sha, nothing will make me put that shyte in my mouth ever again o
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2011
I am pretty sure Egbo i.e. poor man's rice is not on Google grin. My grandad loved Egbo too, really strange man.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

T'alesinsin o ba gbe tele tele. Cocoyam is awful, my granddad loved it pounded. What beats me to this day is how anyone can digest it pounde? But I used to eat for his sake back then sha, nothing will make me put that shyte in my mouth ever again o
Can be found in Tesco now, u know.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

I am pretty sure Egbo i.e. poor man's rice is not on Google grin. My grandad loved Egbo too, really strange man.
grin grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 06, 2011
I know, think I saw it in Sainburys once and kept thinking, what the eff are these a/s/swipes thinking  
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

I know, think I saw it in Sainburys once and kept thinking, what the eff are these a/s/swipes thinking  
Sainsburys sells Indomie too
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2011
No be the Malaysian type dem dey sell? Nothing beats the naija Indomie.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

No be the Malaysian type dem dey sell? Nothing beats the naija Indomie.

Naija Indomie.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 06, 2011
Abeg stop pulling my legs shocked the Scots are yet to con on. Anyways sha, my Pakistani shop no dey disappoint sha grin. If Sainsbury Scotland like make dem no wake up, na dia palaver be that
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

Abeg stop pulling my legs shocked the Scots are yet to con on. Anyways sha, my Pakistani shop no dey disappoint sha grin. If Sainsbury Scotland like make dem no wake up, na dia palaver be that
The truth, sista. I buy moi fruit and veg from Sainsburys.

Also, Asda sells palm oil, yam, gari, Elubo, fufu, etc. Tesco, too. Waiting for M&S
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2011
The colonised don begin colonise the coloniser. Welcome to Eurafsia grin
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:35am On Sep 06, 2011
naijababe:

The colonised don begin colonise the coloniser. Welcome to Eurafsia grin
EMEA.

We need u down south oo
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 1:05am On Sep 06, 2011
Odunnu, plz, delete this convo.

It isn't ideal here. Pls., Cutie.

Sorry, NLanders.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by femmy2010(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
Help with this - Translate to/into English Language.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2011
femmy2010:

Help with this - Translate to/into English Language.
Into.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/translate
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by omoba4real: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
Here is a free ebook for all members of the house from sunshine booksellers
http://sunshinebookseller..com/
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:35am On Sep 08, 2011
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 12:39am On Sep 08, 2011
^^^^
I got 93%
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by isalegan2: 1:07am On Sep 08, 2011
"Your English is 100 percent Shakespearean.
    You ARE William Shakespeare!"

LOL. I made up some cheesy corny line about "my beloved."   cheesy cheesy cheesy  That site must be looking to sell something.  tongue I would love to take a similar test about my Yo'oba. cool

BTW, shush, I was never here. lipsrsealed smiley
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 1:32am On Sep 08, 2011
isale_gan2:

"Your English is 100 percent Shakespearean.
    You ARE William Shakespeare!"

LOL. I made up some cheesy corny line about "my beloved."   cheesy cheesy cheesy  That site must be looking to sell something.  tongue I would love to take a similar test about my Yo'oba. cool

BTW, shush, I was never here. lipsrsealed smiley

How are you?
Yeah! It's possible to get 100 percent, especially with words like "my beloved" (very Shakespearean). Use Ebonics and let me know your score

I think they intend to celebrate Shakespeare.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by isalegan2: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2011
Yes, of course.  'Twas sarcasm.  wink

Invaluable  cool

William Shakespeare: The Complete Works, from Barnes & Noble

Don't wish to derail; continue on the other thread.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by mitofag: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2011
Won tage won ni awon se English

Shio
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2011
mitofag:

Won tage won ni awon se English

Shio
grin grin
Omo buruku.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (72) (Reply)

FCMB Locates Little Girl, Dele That Used ATM Light For Assignment / LAUTECH Student's Leaked Sex Video: Story Behind The Sex Tape, The Girl Reacts / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.