Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Devils Touch - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Touch (77372 Views)

Devils For Supper (a Crime Story) / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves! / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Touch by daddio(m): 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Thanks so much TOPHER, God bless you more brother.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
Wow..what a finalé.... This story is really sick...talk about a diamond in the rough

Have my applause bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by enm(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
With what i have been reading from here in the literature section of nairaland, its just a matter of time we will still having and celebrating internationally acclaimed best selling authors from Nigeria.

Thank you @topper052 and am hoping to see you celebrated soonest.

@Devilpen i also gbadun your story too, very very interesting and addictive.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Woooow... Topher052! You are the best. What a SUPER finishing! May you soar high bro. If I start to hail you ehn, it will look like another update. Lemme just stop here bro gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Cardiojosh(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nice one op..great story u have here..more ink to ur pen.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
Topher thanks for such an intresting story. More grace bro.
Blessings upon blessings.
Long live Topher052

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
I'm Speechless. Topher052 this is ur 2nd story i've followed and i dont have the words to praise u but keep up the nice work. God bless! I owe u 2bottles of Star Raddler! I'll contact u soonest. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
These are people that are supposed to be empowered not bbn wasting money on rubbish. If a whiteman should mistakenly stumble upon op eh..... Topher don buy benz be thatgrin

3 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Snipespeter: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Thank you Topher...... wisdom will not finish you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2019
When I saw more than two updates a day was when I knew the story was about ending. Nice work Topher...God will increase you in more wisdom.
Good over evil anyday.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 1:49am On Aug 06, 2019
I knew at the end crucial must die ma mood must die. cos they're all ghost and can't live among human. president must die,,but d man supposed suffer small before hin die.

great one bro @ topher052 God bless your knowledge.
the story sweet!!!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 06, 2019
A great story

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2019
Thank you all... working on something else...keep it locked down!

CHAPTER TWO

Tender Plant

An Hyperion tree was once a tender plant shooting out from the soil. It didn't just grow into a giant overnight, it went through trying times; pest infestation, heavy down pour, disease... it survived and we now reap from what it gives us and so does every tree plant we see today.

In the beginning it was not so, everyone was born perfect, time and circumstances molded people into different shapes, yet many still retain their original status. Why people change negatively most of the time is fear. Every intention is propelled by something, what propels you?

Anger is a gift when properly constructed. Your beast can be channeled towards your strength, instead of hitting something and breaking things, channel that energy into succeeding, instead of sitting down and counting your losses, let your failures fuel your anger to succeed.

Don't be afraid to cry, don't be afraid to fail, don't be afraid to try and don’t be afraid to fear. Fear is part of man; anyone who is not afraid is a fool, for fear is wisdom. It only takes courage to overcome fear and only the courageous wins in the end.

Sandra was a little girl with great ambition. She is small in size with great mind, many undermined her for her stature, yet she leads men with great stature. Many said she was born that way, but Sandra knew she wasn't.

She knows not her father for her mother was a hooker. She was born and raised in a cheap brothel. At age 4 she found a model in a great woman leader who spoke once on TV. She loved how the lady talked and how she carried herself that was a contrast to the nature she is used to. At age four, she had chosen her path, she asked question born of curiosity about her idol, and eventually she became her in her heart.

At age 10, she was forced to hawk to assist herself in school, her mum often takes some of the money on her return for her extravagant lifestyle, but that did not crumble her spirit. She saved in secret and was able to pay her bills through school. Often times she had to defend herself in her neighborhood which was crowded with hooligans and its likes.

At age 16, her mum forced her to sleep with a particular client who offered a substantial amount of money to have a taste of a teenager’s innocence. She refused even when the man promised her what she only saw on TV, yet she declined. This infuriated her mother so much as to kick her out of where she called home, even though she was never proud of that place. She was forced to work in a car wash just to feed and have shelter in their store room.

A week after she resumed duty, she was raped and deflowered by two strange men in the store where she slept. A month afterwards she was ascertained pregnant. She continued her job washing cars with her pregnancy. After work she would acquaint herself with tailoring skill from a tailor friend of hers before retiring for the day.

At age 17 she gave birth to a baby boy. She had rented a small room in slum from the tips she realized from kind hearted customers prior to the time of her delivery. She fends for herself and her baby, absorbing cruel words from gossipers with a happy countenance.

At age 19 she quit washing cars, bought her own sewing machine and started making clothes for an affordable rate (half what anyone else charges) in her room. Because she put her mind into the craft, she perfected the skill so well to attract so many customers she could handle; she gave no room for laziness as she worked 18 hours a day trying to please every customer. She had to save to buy another sewing machine and employed an assistant. Soon her room was too small for her business, so she had to rent a shop.

At age 23, she had 10 workers and enrolled in the university. She stretched her business to the extent of making clothes for sell, made great publicity using every marketing channel at her disposal and branded her own products.

At age 27, she acquired a university degree and attended her first intentional fashion exhibition with 23 youths modeling her designs. Her creativity introduced her to great minds around the world. After that exhibition she became an international designer.

At age 30, she met with her idol and discovered she is also a fan of hers. Her idol wanted to take pictures with her, her idol was excited to meet with her, and her idol is just another lady she meets every other day.

Life gives to you what you force out of its hand, nothing comes in a platter of gold, anything that comes too essay is fraud.

The greater your struggle, the stronger you become. You can stand even stronger than those who started long before you, because delay is another classroom of life, and if you're a good student, you'll graduate into a great person full of wisdom and understanding.

Even when you have grace, even when you're favored, if you don't give extra, you are as good as the rest. Greatness comes with ‘extra’, giving more to what is much in the eyes of men. Greatness is never finding your best, beating your own record every day.

Note: Never mistake money with greatness. Any Dick and Harry can make money, but what makes the difference is who you are.

Until you continue to grow you can never reach your goal. Limitations will always come your way, fear will always rise, failure is what makes you human, but one thing is constant, and that is the courage to continue.

Never limit yourself, even when no one believes in you. Hold on to your dream, make it a tattoo in your heart, learn from others, inspire yourself daily, move away from people who talk you down and kill your spirit, mingle with like minds aiming at a goal, or better still walk alone, expect the worse but look forward to the best. Today you are just a fragile plant facing the harsh weather but always remember, you will survive and grow into greatness.

The toughest side has a light at the end of the tunnel,
The sun burns but good to the every living thing,
It takes the limit to achieve the extraordinary
Bread for the belly and oil for the skin,
But man is just a dust.
A dust which chooses to make the best of it,
Alas, just few will linger long enough to smile.
Greatness is goalpost and life a skilled keeper,
Embrace passion and let love score the goal.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by MhiztaRange(m): 8:06am On Aug 06, 2019
You said it all, I was touched. Though most of us don’t comment our appreciation much often but you should know that we greatly appreciate your efforts. Thanks and God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by egorov(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2019
Great work topher052. I enjoyed every bit of it. Your intelligence will never diminish in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by germaphobe(m): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2019
topher052 you wrote one of the many best books up there, with just passion for writing and nothing more, when we comment or not you still posted updates, i thank you for that. But what actually got my attention 100% is the write up about the PLANT, seriously u don't know how many people that need that simple peice of writing to brighten up their day. Thanks so much for that, and i suggest you creat a new thread for it so that it can reach front page and also encourage others.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Spallanzani: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2019
My man Topher, please you have a gift you should monitize. Greater days just ahead of you. Thanks for the great write up. A king I stan!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by MoxxxxO123(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2019
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Pheobmax: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2019
WOOOOOOOO......YET ANOTHER MASTERPEICE FROM TOPHER052. REALLY ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT OF THE RIDE. THOUGH TOPHER 052 I'D SUGGEST YOU WORK MORE ON YOUR ENDING OF STORIES. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND......CAN'T WAIT TO READ FROM YOU AGAIN

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Lordshola: 11:47am On Aug 06, 2019
Thanks @Topher. More grace and power. Am encouraged by your tender plant illustration, please permit me to share it.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Missmossy(f): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Such an enthralling piece, a big thumbs up to you Topher keep up the good work. More wisdom and strength to you.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Interesting

Read more romantic,love,adventure story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: The Devils Touch by ugnoble: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2019
Topher! Topher!! You are really great and your stories outstanding. Just like "My Madam and I", I never wished this story could come to an end, but it was worth it. Thanks for keeping us busy with your stories. You're the best.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by SirJonse(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2019
U are such a gifted writer Topher. More grease to ur elbow. Pls are u HUMAN?

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Jerien1: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
dawno2008:
Oh no shocked Mamood's watch is about to end
@topher052 Weldon oooo
Keep killing the good guys you hear angry

Thanks for the update,it so going to give me morals this day cool

I tired o.... all I cared for is stunts! Stunts!! Stunts!!!
Well done
Re: The Devils Touch by Hardes(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
The end if yet another masterpiece from the grandmaster Topher am out of word to commend your writing prowess. Abhi thumbs up for you bro.

Wishing more knowledge, wisdom, more grace and more funds.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Hardes(m): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
The end if yet another masterpiece from the grandmaster Topher am out of word to commend your writing prowess. Abhi thumbs up for you bro.

Wishing you more knowledge, wisdom, more grace and more funds.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Gemini6(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2019
This whole piece was awesome, such creativity! Although i feel like you kinda rushed the ending especially the last few lines
Nevertheless more power to your elbow sir Topher

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
Wooooowww!! Watsup fellas! I'm back lollzz grin. Mrdojo has been thrilling me with the 7 realms from nairaland to webnovel! He's such a monster buster hahahaha!

So I'm back after 2weeks! grin wats pumping! How is Sam and Sandra doing! And all other characters? Well let me go and read from where I stopped! Thumbs up Topher you doing a great job here! More oil to your head.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
Woow! Just finished reading. Nice one Mr Topher, more ink to your pen.
I'm thinking you can look into your characters name and make some twist to it, I perceive you like the name Sandra, lollzz maybe that's the name of your girlfriend sha grin but it needs not to appear in all your write-ups, as main character or associate main character!!
You've done fantastically well, keep it up, keep shining.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by RealityShot: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2019
topher052:

And so there was peace again, but the Mermaid King was not satisfied yet, HE CRAVED FOR VENGEANCE .

THE END...

Arighato sensei!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by skyblueking(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Topher052, the NL wizard...your story na mind blowing...
We await the return of The mermaid king...

Thanks bro!
Jahbless!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / One Night Stand / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.