Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965775 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Plz I need 4Sets of 2002-2007 Mercedes Benz W211 E class 18" alloy wheels Urgently. It should have An offset of 8.5Jx18 ET38. you have it tokumbo OEM or brand new, plz do chat me 07034581213.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
CityNGR:

Na only ghost dey enter with back for Nigerian movies...

I even noticed the back tires are worn out now... Hopefully when I change them, the grip on the road would be better.

Also I've noticed that all the fans including the two electrical fans startup immediately I start the car. Is this okay?

The car does not idle on time too, it keeps switching off except I press the throttle... It only starts idling well when the temperature gets to around 43 degrees...takes about 15+mins

Please I need advice on this idling "slow running" aspect because the car keeps switching off whenever I try to move, except I wait for like 15 mins for the car to get to 43 degrees...

Thanks.

Its a Benz c180 esprit manual drive.

Pls anybody can also respond to these questions.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
ehizario2012:

I even noticed the back tires are worn out now... Hopefully when I change them, the grip on the road would be better.

Also I've noticed that all the fans including the two electrical fans startup immediately I start the car. Is this okay?

The car does not idle on time too, it keeps switching off except I press the throttle... It only starts idling well when the temperature gets to around 43 degrees...takes about 15+mins

Please I need advice on this idling "slow running" aspect because the car keeps switching off whenever I try to move, except I wait for like 15 mins for the car to get to 43 degrees...

Thanks.

These are simple issues sir. Get a Mech to take a look. Where are you based?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
ehizario2012:

Thanks.

Fans connected directly, throttle body needs cleaning.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Fans connected directly, throttle body needs cleaning.

Thank you. Should the fans be connected directly? That's what I'm trying to confirm...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
CityNGR:

Thank you for responding. Ibadan.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
CityNGR:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
ehizario2012:

Do you need a contact?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yomisley: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2018
Good afternoon house. I’m happy to find a forum like this. Kudos to all of you. I intend buying a new Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe. Most dealer I have contacted seems not to have it. Where can i get a new gle 63 coupe car in Nigeria. Thanks
I hope it’s a good car with less worries.. I just love it �
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by package00(m): 11:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Good to be on this thread. I am a newbie when it comes to cars. I have never used or bought any car but I intend to get one sometimes next year.

I am considering 2 major options. The Benz 08 E350 4Matic or the LEXUS ES350 08.

I need professional advice on which one to get. I will really appreciate a detailed explanation and advice on maintenance, cost and others. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by okenne: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
pls add me on the whatsapp group 08111627531
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
package00:
Good to be on this thread. I am a newbie when it comes to cars. I have never used or bought any car but I intend to get one sometimes next year.

I am considering 2 major options. The Benz 08 E350 4Matic or the LEXUS ES350 08.

I need professional advice on which one to get. I will really appreciate a detailed explanation and advice on maintenance, cost and others. Thanks

E350 is a better car.

ES350 may be slightly faster over short distances, the E350 will be way more composed on the highway and will leave the ES behind.

Depending on the ES you buy, the Mark Levinson stereo will be better than Harman Kardon on the E350.

ES will be cheaper to maintain. Both cost about the same to purchase.

Some things to consider.

- The E350 is a much rarer car. ES350 is everywhere right now, getting annoying. The Mercedes has more prestige.
- The E350's looks are getting outdated. Mercedes made a switch away from that design language in 2009.
- The E350 handles/drives better than the ES.
- The E350 4matic has some pretty expensive suspension parts.
- The E350's engine is more expensive than the ES350's.

yomisley:
Good afternoon house. I’m happy to find a forum like this. Kudos to all of you. I intend buying a new Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE 63 S Coupe. Most dealer I have contacted seems not to have it. Where can i get a new gle 63 coupe car in Nigeria. Thanks
I hope it’s a good car with less worries.. I just love it �
Cc: Olanshi, DelTel, CalculusX, EishanAutos

Talk with these guys. Shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
package00:

Please, go for Lexus ES350. Avoid those guys giving accolades to Mercedes Benz E350. It's parts and maintenance requirement are very expensive. If you really follow badge and have unflinching love for the Mercedes Benz without second thought about maintenance cost or availability of competent technicians you can go for the Mercedes Benz.
The two are reliable but the Lexus is more reliable.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
kingreign:

Please, go for Lexus ES350. Avoid those guys giving accolades to Mercedes Benz E350. It's parts and maintenance requirement are very expensive. If you really follow badge and have unflinching love for the Mercedes Benz without second thought about maintenance cost or availability of competent technicians you can go for the Mercedes Benz.
The two are reliable but the Lexus is more reliable.

C'mon, man, don't make it look like I'm fanboying. I like to think I was objective in my reply, no?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

C'mon, man, don't make it look like I'm fanboying. I like to think I was objective in my reply, no?
chief I wasn't referring to you. If I was, I'd had quoted you na.

How you dey? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by package00(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ok thanks. Tho getting a bit confused. angry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by package00(m): 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
package00:

I also need price range for the BENZ E350 08 and 09.

And Also price ranger for the LEXUS ES350 08 and 09 respectively. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
package00:

I also need price range for the BENZ E350 08 and 09.

And Also price ranger for the LEXUS ES350 08 and 09 respectively. Thanks

both are around 3.5-4.5m depending on mileage and title and other factors.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by package00(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
kingreign:

both are around 3.5-4.5m depending on mileage and title and other factors.

Ok thanks bro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
kingreign:

chief I wasn't referring to you. If I was, I'd had quoted you na.

How you dey? smiley

Haha, ok.

I'm good, bro. Happy New Year!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oh yea fuckers grin
I now have a theory for the AC ish,lisyen up!
I found out that there is a clutch on the compressor that gets magneted unto the pulley for the compressor to work right?
So i found out that when this clutch wears off,the gap b/w the clutch and the pulley increases.
Now,when places are cold,magnetic field so strong and and can pull the clutch that distance.
However,when the car heats up,electrical resistance increases thereby weakening the magnetic field therefore the magnet can no longer pull the clutch to the pulley for it to spin,hence the lack of cooling when places are hot or when the car cools off!
Solution?
Replace the damn fucking clutch and save godamn money cheesy or since na naija we dey,better cough up 145k buy tear rubber compressor undecided
Heavenlybang,your electrical engineering degree has to come to play here cheesy
Gazzuzz,nurey,mosbus.na true?
Also happy new year to all who believe in it o!
But i don't.time is just an illusion to me along with yahweh tongue
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Oh yea fuckers grin
I found out that there is a clutch on the compressor that gets magneted unto the pulley for the compressor to work right?
So i found out that when this clutch wears off,the gap b/w the clutch and the pulley increases.
Now,when places are cold,magnetic field so strong and and can pull the clutch that distance.
However,when the car heats up,electrical resistance increases thereby weakening the magnetic field therefore the magnet can no longer pull the clutch to the pulley for it to spin,hence the lack of cooling when places are hot or when the car cools off!
Solution?
Replace the damn fucking clutch and save godamn money cheesy or since na naija we dey,better cough up 145k buy tear rubber compressor undecided
Gazzu.zz,nu.rey,mo.sbus.na true?

even though I am not "fuckers" I can categorically tell you this mode of Diagnosis is perceived from hallucinations created by hard substances.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

even though I am not "fuckers" I can categorically tell you this mode of Diagnosis is perceived from hallucinations created by hard substances.
grin
Been watching a lot of youtube and sipped a lot of fearless energy drinks lately.
Good to know you are celibate,i want be like you when i grow up o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ok.i might be wrong tho.
But why do you think a car will chill very much in the mornings and at night but stops cooling when places are hot(compressor does not even engage) and when the engines warms up a little in same mornings all at idle?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
ok.i might be wrong tho.
But why do you think a car will chill very much in the mornings and at night but stops cooling when places are hot(compressor does not even engage) and when the engines warms up a little in same mornings all at idle?

excessive pressure high side.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Oh yea fuckers grin
Solution?
Gazzuzz,nurey,mosbus.na true?
You're making an awful lot of BS assumptions. grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You're making an awful lot of BS assumptions. grin grin
ok mr SENSE.Can you tell me what is wrong here?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
ok mr SENSE.Can you tell me what is wrong here?

Correlation =/= causation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Correlation =/= causation.
in English please?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
in English please?
Lay off the bottles man!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
weyreypey:

Lay off the bottles man!!
i ain't drinking yet.just about to Bleep my wide pussied gf that's on her period.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
nwanneni:
i ain't drinking yet.just about to Bleep my wide pussied gf that's on her period.

Ladies and gentlemen this is one of the reasons, you should not touch ur phone when high.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.