Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967437 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:
FLY ENTER KANO

Thanks but no thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
banky3w:

Baba G ran out of 5w-30 oh(according to what he told me on WhatsApp). I don't know if aunty radu carry Mobil 1. Now that you mentioned Dru though lipsrsealed

Carry it but don't import it. Too many fakes out there. Even I fell for one when I had shipper issues and have to rebuild engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
radautoworks:

Thanks but no thanks
Oyo 4u. Like play like play you dey dodge o2 sensor promo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Oyo 4u. Like play like play you dey dodge o2 sensor promo

grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2019
radautoworks:

Carry it but don't import it. Too many fakes out there. Even I fell for one when I had shipper issues and have to rebuild engine.
Aunty speak Nigerian English naa. You say you carry an imported oil but you don't import it? Me no understand oh. Na the fake me no wan buy sef and that's why I'm looking for a trusted party. Please let me know if you do have it in store.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2019
Thegamingorca:
Abeg fanbelt issue.

we don change am reach 5 times now and it still dey chop till now. Pls what solution do you advice. It's E350
Rollers and pulley arrangement need to be checked
Experienced it once
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
banky3w:

Aunty speak Nigerian English naa. You say you carry an imported oil but you don't import it? Me no understand oh. Na the fake me no wan buy sef and that's why I'm looking for a trusted party. Please let me know if you do have it in store.

Mobil 1 5w30 full ground
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
banky3w:

Carry it i.e. it's in our catalogue

Don't import it i.e. I don't bring it in even though it's in our catalogue

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
dru23:

Mobil 1 5w30 full ground

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2019

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
dru23:

Mobil 1 5w30 full ground
You don't have your contact on your siggy. Please chat me up.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
radautoworks:

Carry it i.e. it's in our catalogue

Don't import it i.e. I don't bring it in when though it's in our catalogue
Thank you. This English is better.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jayboy007(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please, how much can I get a half and top engine for E350 4matic 06 model?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2019
banky3w:

You don't have your contact on your siggy. Please chat me up.

0703 672 6481 my Lagos contact
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
jayboy007:
Please, how much can I get a half and top engine for E350 4matic 06 model?

I know a spare parts dealer who recently butchered one. If location of Bedwell, Calabar isn't a problem. Mention me on a dead thread and I'll give you his number or better still send a pm and I'll respond with his phone number.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2019
Call me.. If you're still in kano
Thegamingorca:

Wow what could be the solution...I dey kano like this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:59am On Nov 20, 2019
banky3w:

I wanna stick to the known devil first joor. Mobil 1.
Bros C 230...depending on the year of production of it's 2005 models ..he doesn't need Mobil one....he can do Mobil 2. I use mobile 2 for my ML 350 And it has been doing great...

Not every car is mobile one please
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 3:44am On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:
Bros C 230...depending on the year of production of it's 2005 models ..he doesn't need Mobil one....he can do Mobil 2. I use mobile 2 for my ML 350 And it has been doing great...

Which one is Mobil 2?

Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40. That doesn't mean it must be Mobil as a brand. There are other good brands provided the viscosity is 0w40. In situations where that isn't available, 5w40 will still do fine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:53am On Nov 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Which one is Mobil 2?

Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40. That doesn't mean it must be Mobil as a brand. There are other good brands provided the viscosity is 0w40. In situations where that isn't available, 5w40 will still do fine.

No! I have driven a C class and the car is over 13 yrs old now and the engine is still running , c class elegance and I use mobile 2, now I also have an ML SUV, I still use Mobil 2...there is no where it's written mobile one...ML IS A 12 PLUG CAR AND A heavy engine...you can't use light oil which is Mobil 1 for it .. it's simple physics naaaa

Not all Benz recommend that and also if the car is 2005 model or thereabouts it is mobile 2 because it's a bit heavier and the engine a bit old... Mobil 1 is for newer cars and engine...you can't be driving a2005 - 2010 car and be using mobile 1 , do you understand what is viscosity...these mechanics wouldn't tell you that

As the car gets older the friction gets higher and the engine need a thicker oil with higher viscosity...it's simple physics

But you can argue that if you want....that's why you say mobile one dries up...it is because it is designed for newer engine and it's lighter !

Well, keep wasting money on mobile 1 cor 2005 - 08 models

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eagle13(m): 3:55am On Nov 20, 2019
a very wonderful job here,pls I'm new here I just purchased a used2005 Benz c230k through a friend n it developed a brain box issue.n I can't find a match for d faulty one.can anyone help me out how to get this fixed. I was told water got inside d brain box while washing d engine,that was d actual cause of d damage. and d rewire has been trying to get a replacement, all to no avail. Pls help a brother.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 4:00am On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:

No! I have driven a C class and the car is over 13 yrs old now and the engine is still running , c class elegance and I use mobile 2, now I also have an ML SUV, I still use Mobil 2...there is no where it's written mobile one...ML IS A 12 PLUG CAR AND A heavy engine...you can't use light oil which is Mobil 1 for it .. it's simple physics naaaa

Not all Benz recommend that and also if the car is 2005 model or thereabouts it is mobile 2 because it's a bit heavier and the engine a bit old... Mobil 1 is for newer cars and engine...you can't be driving a2005 - 2010 car and be using mobile 1 , do you understand what is viscosity...these mechanics wouldn't tell you that

As the car gets older the friction gets higher and the engine need a thicker oil with higher viscosity...it's simple physics

But you can argue that if you want....that's why you say mobile one dries up...it is because it is designed for newer engine and it's lighter !

Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40 for the C230 he indicated. It's clearly written when you open the bonnet of the vehicle.

Again i ask, which one is Mobil 2 and what's the viscosity? No need for long write up

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 4:13am On Nov 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 6:13am On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:
[s]Bros C 230...depending on the year of production of it's 2005 models ..he doesn't need Mobil one....he can do Mobil 2. I use mobile 2 for my ML 350 And it has been doing great...

[/s]

Teacher no teach us nonsense

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2019
eagle13:
a very wonderful job here,pls I'm new here I just purchased a used2005 Benz c230k through a friend n it developed a brain box issue.n I can't find a match for d faulty one.can anyone help me out how to get this fixed. I was told water got inside d brain box while washing d engine,that was d actual cause of d damage. and d rewire has been trying to get a replacement, all to no avail. Pls help a brother.
Brain box is available every where na brother.
You don't need to look for it, I hope ur "rewire" knows what he's doing?
He will not get the brain box as a single unit that match ur car without coding, it's almost impossible.
What you need to do is either you get another C230 brain box and program it to work with your remote key or get a complete package that will include.
1. Brain box
2.remote key
3.sucker.
4. Hammer
This is the only way I know u can go about this
Pls note: Don't go and be calling ECU or speak big grammar for market pls, use the names as I've started them.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Don't mind them with their fake Mobil 1 oil that dries up and kill ur engine.
Anytime u say anything about oil they will start telling u that Benz recommends Mobil 1 as if ur car will pack up if you don't use Mobil 1. You can't even get the genuine Mobil 1.
I always ask them if they also use premium unleaded fuel as recommended by Benz.
I use the same oil as u do in my C320...car is over 8 years, engine still dey bring out water for exhaust.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eagle13(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2019
shortgun:

Brain box is available every where na brother.
You don't need to look for it, I hope ur "rewire" knows what he's doing?
He will not get the brain box as a single unit that match ur car without coding, it's almost impossible.
What you need to do is either you get another C230 brain box and program it to work with your remote key or get a complete package that will include.
1. Brain box
2.remote key
3.sucker.
4. Hammer
This is the only way I know u can go about this
Pls note: Don't go and be calling ECU or speak big grammar for market pls, use the names as I've started them.
Thanks boss,I will do exactly as instructed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40 for the C230 he indicated. It's clearly written when you open the bonnet of the vehicle.

Again i ask, which one is Mobil 2 and what's the viscosity? No need for long write up

The long write up you are referring to by AmuDimpka is very true. That is how Physics/Mechanics work.

You are right that Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40 for the C230 (recommendation as at when new) but not when the said car is 13 or 14 years old.

Let me ask you, the HID lamps some people use on their cars, is it factory recommended?

The PMS rating you use in driving your Mercedes, is it the Mercedes (Premium Unleaded petrol) recommended?

Bros, na Physics here. If the engineers of the C230 were to come and give a recommendation on the appropriate viscosity for this 14 year old car today, it won't be Mobil I 0w40.

Before I forget, AmuDimpka.... your moniker ehn.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2019
Somebody please show me Mobil 2 oh. I'm confused. It seems some people are typing from the future. embarassed embarassed grin grin grin angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2019
One thing about we Nigerians is that we don't understand the technology behinds engine oil.. An oil is recommended and written when the cylinder are still firing in top shape expecially on new vehicles that hasn't traveled up to 75,000 miles. most of those recommended sae are base on temperature of the region. The 0w20 is oil that I can't even recommend for anyone in Nigeria that his/her car already traveled abt 80,000 miles, this oil is very thin oil in nature and its recommended for mostly snow regions.. Do we have snow in Nigeria? The very best average oil for Nigeria weather is 5w30/ 5w40 this oil can circulate in your engine immediately u start up your engine and can hold to any temperature of the environment..
things we should also know is the engine year the engine year is determined by the API of the oil, you will find an Sae 5w30 oil in the market wit an api SL. An Api SL is adopted for 2001 engines. Sometimes car body will be 2005 and the api recommended would be SL its normal in oil tech... Forget about Mercedes said 0w20 or 5w20 and u will start calling to get Mobil 0w20.

I am not here to argue am just saying what we need to knw about oil..
Very soon Mercedes would adopt using MANNOL OIL 5W40 on their engines.
What am I even typing since self..

I am not a road side engine oil marketer, I have attended castrol engine oil seminar wit certification , total seminar wit certification...

sacramento1212:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.