Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967420 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:
Bros C 230...depending on the year of production of it's 2005 models ..he doesn't need Mobil one....he can do Mobil 2. I use mobile 2 for my ML 350 And it has been doing great...

Not every car is mobile one please
Mobil 2 kwa? Abi Na Mobil 2000 XHP you dey refer to? If not, tell me what you smoked and I can find you the antidote grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 11:30am On Nov 20, 2019
banky3w:

Mobil 2 kwa? Abi Na Mobil 2000 XHP you dey refer to? If not, tell me what you smoked and I can find you the antidote grin grin grin

Have you been able to locate the Mobil 2?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2019
As usual, the house will argue and argue and still agree to disagree.

If an engine is still putting out optimal or close to factory performance, use the recommended oil - short and simple! If your engine has seen better days and nearing the end of its run cycle, it makes no economic sense whatsoever to use expensive oils for lubrication.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 11:51am On Nov 20, 2019
[s]
lubehouse9ja:
One thing about we Nigerians is that we don't understand the technology behinds engine oil.. An oil is recommended and written when the cylinder are still firing in top shape expecially on new vehicles that hasn't traveled up to 75,000 miles. most of those recommended sae are base on temperature of the region. The 0w20 is oil that I can't even recommend for anyone in Nigeria that his/her car already traveled abt 80,000 miles, this oil is very thin oil in nature and its recommended for mostly snow regions.. Do we have snow in Nigeria? The very best average oil for Nigeria weather is 5w30/ 5w40 this oil can circulate in your engine immediately u start up your engine and can hold to any temperature of the environment..
things we should also know is the engine year the engine year is determined by the API of the oil, you will find an Sae 5w30 oil in the market wit an api SL. An Api SL is adopted for 2001 engines. Sometimes car body will be 2005 and the api recommended would be SL its normal in oil tech... Forget about Mercedes said 0w20 or 5w20 and u will start calling to get Mobil 0w20.

I am not here to argue am just saying what we need to knw about oil..
Very soon Mercedes would adopt using MANNOL OIL 5W40 on their engines.
What am I even typing since self..

I am not a road side engine oil marketer, I have attended castrol engine oil seminar wit certification , total seminar wit certification...

[/s]
2019 consumer reports list of most reliable cars is out. Do you have a thing to say? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Have you been able to locate the Mobil 2?
Not on planet earth. Maybe I'll ask Mars or jupiter.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

If an engine is still putting out optimal or close to factory performance, use the recommended oil - short and simple! If your engine has seen better days and nearing the end of its run cycle, it makes no economic sense whatsoever to use expensive oils for lubrication.
Have you seen Mobil 2?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
banky3w:

Not on planet earth. Maybe I'll ask Mars or jupiter.

grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
banky3w:

Have you seen Mobil 2 ?

Big man, say no more! I will ship to anywhere for a token (oil is free, just pay for shipping).

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

Big man, say no more! I will ship to anywhere for a token (oil is free, just pay for shipping).

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

[img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

This below is for you grin grin grin grin. I need 500quarts anyways. Hope the shipping no go nearly reach Nigerian budget.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

You should also note that these oil manufacturers have specially formulated oils for even the engines that has seen better days as you said. Those with better protection and besides, manufacturers do have a reason for not saying you should choose cheaper or heavier oils if engine is close to end of its run cycle in the manual.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
banky3w:

You should also note that these oil manufacturers have specially formulated oils for even the engines that has seen better days as you said. Those with better protection and besides, manufacturers do have a reason for not saying you should choose cheaper or heavier oils if engine is close to end of its run cycle in the manual.

Baba, you don talk everything finish.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AshipaEk0: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
lubehouse9ja:
American Castrol Full ground in 5w30 sha both in Kano and Lagos grin..

Do you sell?

How much for 6 litres?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
Philadelphia:

The long write up you are referring to by AmuDimpka is very true. That is how Physics/Mechanics work.

You are right that Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40 for the C230 (recommendation as at when new) but not when the said car is 13 or 14 years old.

Let me ask you, the HID lamps some people use on their cars, is it factory recommended?

The PMS rating you use in driving your Mercedes, is it the Mercedes (Premium Unleaded petrol) recommended?

Bros, na Physics here. If the engineers of the C230 were to come and give a recommendation on the appropriate viscosity for this 14 year old car today, it won't be Mobil I 0w40.

Before I forget, AmuDimpka.... your moniker ehn.... grin grin grin grin

Thank you, I've been Saying this for ages but all this itk people here ganged up against me and wanted to hang me.
Why will someone in his right senses use 0wx oil for a car that is more than 10yrs in this country.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
shortgun:

Thank you, I've been Saying this for ages but all this itk people here ganged up against me and wanted to hang me.
Why will someone in his right senses use 0wx oil for a car that is more than 10yrs in this country.

Oga, you own and maintain your car. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If your method works best for you, go ahead and allow those without their right senses continue to stick to 0w40. If their engine gets bad you won't fix it for them and if yours get bad, we won't fix it for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Oga, you own and maintain your car. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If your method works best for you, go ahead and allow those without their right senses continue to stick to 0w40. If their engine gets bad you won't fix it for them and if yours get bad, we won't fix it for you.
Gbam
cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
I sell. which one u want? Edge, gtx magnatec or gtx ultraclean.
AshipaEk0:

Do you sell?

How much for 6 litres?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AshipaEk0: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
lubehouse9ja:
I sell. which one u want? Edge, gtx magnatec or gtx ultraclean.

Fully synthetic please.

i'm not driving Danfo.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
This one is ok? Gtx magnatec full synthetic
AshipaEk0:

Fully synthetic please.

i'm not driving Danfo.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AshipaEk0: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
lubehouse9ja:
This one is ok? Gtx magnatec full synthetic

yes.

your price?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
shortgun:

Don't mind them... Small time they would be shouting Mobil 1 up and down
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
eagle13:
a very wonderful job here,pls I'm new here I just purchased a used2005 Benz c230k through a friend n it developed a brain box issue.n I can't find a match for d faulty one.can anyone help me out how to get this fixed. I was told water got inside d brain box while washing d engine,that was d actual cause of d damage. and d rewire has been trying to get a replacement, all to no avail. Pls help a brother.

You don't need to find the match... Take the key buy anytype and get it coded
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
shortgun:

Don't mind them with their fake Mobil 1 oil that dries up and kill ur engine.
Anytime u say anything about oil they will start telling u that Benz recommends Mobil 1 as if ur car will pack up if you don't use Mobil 1. You can't even get the genuine Mobil 1.
I always ask them if they also use premium unleaded fuel as recommended by Benz.
I use the same oil as u do in my C320...car is over 8 years, engine still dey bring out water for exhaust.

I have never used a Mobil 1 on any of my benz at least this is the second benz I am driving and none of the engine has packed up ... Benz build their engine to last and beside that why use a Mobile 1 in a car that is above 10 yrs old... That is just madness! The friction in the engine is higher and needs a heavier oil ... Well what do they know .... Mobil 1 is light oil, it dries up and it's design for cars that their engine is less than 4 yrs old .... Everytime Mobil 1 .. they wouldn't let is heat word

Like say na only them dey drive car... My own is buy a good oil , it is good ... Do you know that forte has one of the best oils around and that is what I have been using for over 6 yrs on the C class and the engine has never shaken , never opened the engine for a day....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
shortgun:
grin grin grin
If your car is above 100k kilometers... Using Mobil 1 is just waste of money ... It would dry up faster and it might destroy your piston... Physics 101

Get a high mileage oil...Forte has it.

High-mileage oils are specially formulated for older vehicles or newer vehicles with over 100,000 kilometres on the odometer. High mileage oils, with a special blend of additives and formulation, helps to reduce burn-off of engine oil and concurrently helps to prevent oil leaks that may occur in older or high-mileage engines.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
AshipaEk0:

Fully synthetic please.

i'm not driving Danfo.
is your car 2018 model or from 2016
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
Eddee:

Bros of you use a car that is 2007 model... Trust me your engine has seen better days.... If you have been 100k on your odometer your engine has seen a better days

Don't be decieved ... If you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lubehouse9ja(m): 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
It's just 14k bro..
AshipaEk0:

yes.

your price?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Philadelphia:

The long write up you are referring to by AmuDimpka is very true. That is how Physics/Mechanics work.

You are right that Mercedes recommends Mobil 1 0w40 for the C230 (recommendation as at when new) but not when the said car is 13 or 14 years old.

Let me ask you, the HID lamps some people use on their cars, is it factory recommended?

The PMS rating you use in driving your Mercedes, is it the Mercedes (Premium Unleaded petrol) recommended?

Bros, na Physics here. If the engineers of the C230 were to come and give a recommendation on the appropriate viscosity for this 14 year old car today, it won't be Mobil I 0w40.

Before I forget, AmuDimpka.... your moniker ehn.... grin grin grin grin

Moniker is amazing
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Bros of you use a car that is 2007 model... Trust me your engine has seen better days.... If you have been 100k on your odometer your engine has seen a better days

Don't be decieved ... If you

Big man, I understand you perfectly, at least we are both very practical men. Although your 100k odometer analogy is a bit off.

Now take a look at both attached pictures (daily drivers); Lexus IS is at 159,510 km (almost at 100k miles on the dot), Merc E320 is at 376,527 km (236k miles or so). Lexus still runs on factory recommended oil, Merc runs on 15w50, thinking of changing to 20w50 if oil shortage intervals increase beyond the current threshold.
Irrespective of popular opinion or expert advise - I'm not going to replace or repair/rebuild anything, that engine go work him money complete, but you see that IS? Na only fresh Mobil 1/Castrol we go give am until him cheap engine decide kaput too.

**abeg make una pretend say una no see the Lexus TRAC and VSC wahala. As well as my speed sensor issues wer don activate ESP/ABS malfunctions for Benz. As for SRS na normal thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.