Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969829 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:
https://www.nairaland.com/5700598/tacha-ships-benz-uk-use
More heart breaks for benz haters
grin grin grin grin
Tacha is shipping her benz from Naija to UK.
Benz or nothing cheesy
Go girl
Let no low life quote me cos I dont respond to idiots and motor park touts

I think once you drive Benz it becomes addiction

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2020
I will like us to discuss about the tiptronic transmission that comes with most of our benz cars and SUV.

Tiptronic transmission is a type of transmission that allows you to operate automatic transmission like a manual without a clutch.

Many people do not use this feature in their benz cars angry
Tiptronic when used properly can give you the feel of driving a real sports car. grin grin
I use tiptronic shifting when on the highway grin
when small craze don enter my head and I want to show off.
grin grin grin
Like many people believe, using tiptronic will never damage your benz transmission.
As you drive with it more and more you will really get a feel for the car and will know when it's ready to shift.
The worst thing that you can do though is shift from 2nd gear to 1st gear too soon, and Mercedes cars wont even allow you to do that.
You get to see the gear your in displayed on the dashboard.

It is basically fool proof. The car won't let you shift down if it's not ready to do so.
This is one of the features that many benz owners dont use cos misinformation.

So tell us have tried using the tiptronic feature in your benz and what was the experience like?

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 11:24am On Feb 23, 2020
conductor259:

Shows the micro brain size of most Benzedes fanatics like you.

How can she ship a N1.5m overused shitbox to UK. Even the shipping and the import duty alone will likely outweigh the 2.5m naira they're selling the shitbox in toks.

UK drives right-handed vehicles. I wonder who ships a left-handed shitbox to UK.

Only a yoosless yoot that has enough time to be watching Big Brother will be as senseless to believe that nonsense.. cheesy

I be Benz die hard but this one na nonsense.
UK na RHD vehicles dem dey use and this is just another stupid clout chasing by the empty headed lady.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
mammanbawa:

UK na RHD vehicles dem dey use and this is just another stupid clout chasing by the empty headed lady.
Don't post things u are not sure of.
Ask questions when in doubt or a little Google search will save u from embarrassment.
Dont allow motor park touts give u an opinion.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/can-i-drive-a-left-hand-drive-car-in-the-uk&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj-rOLEvufnAhVQVhoKHbNfDUgQFnoECAwQAg&usg=AOvVaw01my5iNOAcaPWj_0HXVVre

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun you are extremely right about that tipronic, my mechanic taught me that ....when you get to drive, you tip the gear shift left a bit, a tiny tip, it enters one, another tiny tip, it enters 2 another it enters 3 another it enters gear 4 another it enters gear 5 ... It would be showing on the dashboard but the truth is that I have never seen the need to use it ..maybe you have to teach me when it would be used and how it can be used ...would the car be on motion or stationary ? I love driving manual so I can tip the gear well!

But the snag is that I am thinking If it's possible to use that in Lagos traffic ?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
mammanbawa:

. Don't mind Tasha she is trying to trend and make people understand she drives a Benz...I totally understand the prestige behind owning a Benz !

Trust me she wants to trend ! Shipping Benz from Africa to Europe the continent of the producers is madness and stupidity! Tasha has always demonstrated stupidity anyway

Though with permission she can drive that are in UK anyway ..but it's not worth it

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor259: 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
[s]
shortgun:

Ask questions when in doubt or a little Google search will save u from embarrassment.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/can-i-drive-a-left-hand-drive-car-in-the-uk&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj-rOLEvufnAhVQVhoKHbNfDUgQFnoECAwQAg&usg=AOvVaw01my5iNOAcaPWj_0HXVVre
[/s]
Hey kiddie, stick to fantasizing Benzedes shitboxes and watching BBnaija Naija.

I will not discuss economics and shipping with a 17-year-old child that hasn't gotten a drivers licence yet. Unless you have to wait for your fellow Benzedes for Nothing fanatics cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
AmuDimpka:
. Don't mind Tasha she is trying to trend and make people understand she drives a Benz...I totally understand the prestige behind owning a Benz !

Trust me she wants to trend ! Shipping Benz from Africa to Europe the continent of the producers is madness and stupidity! Tasha has always demonstrated stupidity anyway

Though with permission she can drive that are in UK anyway ..but it's not worth it
That's why I posted it here...it was actually a bait. grin grin grin
I know the trolls will jump on it saying it's not possible to drive a left hand vehicle in the UK. cheesy
I believe most of them are here to learn....let them learn in humility sha.

I have no problem schooling the Ignorant grin grin grin
When you have passion for ur benz u can kill for her grin
Let's leave the cost....since its possible she can do it.
Me for instance will not sell my disvirgined C320 for anything.

It's when one is broke or have a poverty mentality that they talk about cost all the time.
This is too expensive....language of the poor in cash and mind. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
conductor259:
[s][/s]
Hey kiddie, stick to fantasizing Benzedes shitboxes and watching BBnaija Naija.

I will not discuss economics and shipping with a 17-year-old child that hasn't gotten a drivers licence yet. Unless you have to wait for your fellow Benzedes for Nothing fanatics cheesy
Stop quoting me abeg.
You've been doing this all over the forum.
I thought by now u should have known that I am not interested is any banter with you.
Most of you lack the ability to contribute on a topic without insults and abusive words.
E pain me ooh cos if we meet for street and u insult me unprovoked; na hang boys go hang u for 5 days.
Pls I beg u dont quote me again.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor259: 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

Stop quoting me abeg.
I thought by now u should have known that I am not interested is any banter with you.
Most of you lack the ability to contribute on a topic without insults and abusive words.
E pain me ooh cos if we meet for street and u insult me unprovoked; na hang boys go hang u for 5 days.
Thank you.

Smallie, I hope you know that real life is different from online banter? Mind how you exchange words with your seniors because you will be thinking that every one you see here is in year one polytechnic with you until they'll play small reggae for you one day.

Small boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
[s]

shortgun:

Stop quoting me abeg.
Thank you.

[/s]

loool

noisemakers chairman and chief executive officer

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

That's why I posted it here...it was actually a bait. grin grin grin
I know the trolls will jump on it saying it's not possible to drive a left hand vehicle in the UK. cheesy
I believe most of them are here to learn....let them learn in humility sha.

I have no problem schooling the Ignorant grin grin grin
When you have passion for ur benz u can kill for her grin
Let's leave the cost....since its possible she can do it.
Me for instance will not sell my disvirgined C320 for anything.

It's when one is broke or have a poverty mentality that they talk about cost all the time.
This is too expensive....language of the poor in cash and mind. grin grin grin grin

You are totally right! She wants to make a statement that she got a Benz as of trolls here.. take them serious at your own peril! Trust me bro

They are bunch of noise makers here so the best thing is that I ignored them! They can brag for Africa

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Definition of Tiptronic Transmission

This particular type is similar to automatic transmission but has an option for the driver to shift the gears manually. It allows you upshift and downshift in that mode by using the gear lever or the paddles behind the steering wheel. It was developed with the idea of extracting the best performance from a vehicle.

In contrast to the semi-automatics, the technology in Tiptronic transmission utilizes a torque converter instead of a clutch. It also incorporates some manual functions in an automatic mechanism.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
The unique benefits of Tiptronic technology are:

Gear controls can be performed by both the driver and the car’s computer system (ECU), which is suitable for both novice and experienced drivers.
Manual navigation of upshift and downshift allows a driver to have more control over the gear-shifting action.
To ensure safety, there’s a built-in safeguard to revert to automatic control if the driver overlooks the RPM redline.
Just like navigating an automatic transmission, it does not require much skill to operate a Tiptronic transmission. So, even the beginner drivers can drive a car with this mechanism.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tiptronic Transmission

The working mechanism of this system may seem a complex because it makes use the techniques of both transmission types. It’s a no-brainer to tell that it has two modes – automatic transmission and manual shifting.

The Automatic Mode – The car’s ECU controls the entire transmission system, requiring the driver to do nothing more than handle the brake and accelerator. This mode is suitable for amateur driver and when you are driving in a city. It will offer a hassle-free navigation through all the traffic.
The Manual Mode – It allows the driver to take control of the transmission, of the shifting of gears to be precise. There are steering-mounted pedals or a gear knob to make the switching of modes. When you use it, the internal transmission actuators change the gear to either upshift or downshift position.
#copied

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
I did a YouTube research and I have learnt the usage ...it's cool...I just put drive but with tipronic, I can control the speed of the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvrQyy0alpc

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
AmuDimpka:
The unique benefits of Tiptronic technology are:

Gear controls can be performed by both the driver and the car’s computer system (ECU), which is suitable for both novice and experienced drivers.
Manual navigation of upshift and downshift allows a driver to have more control over the gear-shifting action.
To ensure safety, there’s a built-in safeguard to revert to automatic control if the driver overlooks the RPM redline.
Just like navigating an automatic transmission, it does not require much skill to operate a Tiptronic transmission. So, even the beginner drivers can drive a car with this mechanism.
This is true.
Many people don't even know that such feature exists in their benz.
Also most naija mechanics will tell you never to use it...that using tiptronic will damage the transmission grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

This is true.
Many people don't even know that such feature exists in their benz.
Also most naija mechanics will tell you never to use it...that using tiptronic will damage the transmission grin

Yes, for me , anything I don't get, I ask Google and use YouTube though not all Benz have tipronic I thinks it's from 2003 they stared having it as standard feature

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Yes, for me , anything I don't get, I ask Google and use YouTube though not all Benz have tipronic I thinks it's from 2003 they stared having it as standard feature

Benz actually started making cars with tiptronic around 2000.
You know Benz is always ahead with such features before other manufacturers will follow.
Was surprised then to see OBD port in my 1986 190E.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor259: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
[s]
shortgun:

You know Benz is always ahead with such features before other manufacturers will follow.
[/s]

Small boy. I have small time let me troll you wink

What Were The First Production Vehicles Equipped With OBD2?
The list includes the 1994 Chevrolet Corvette, Buick Regal 3800 V6, Toyota Camry V6, Lexus ES300, and Toyota T100 pickup with the 2.4-liter four banger.

Also included are the 1995 Chevrolet T-Series pickups, Chrysler Neon, Dodge Stratus, Nissan 240 SX, and Nissan Maxima.
https://scanneranswers.com/what-year-did-obd2-start-heres-a-brief-history-lesson/

OBD-I
The regulatory intent of OBD-I was to encourage auto manufacturers to design reliable emission control systems that remain effective for the vehicle's "useful life".[citation needed] The hope was that by forcing annual emissions testing for California,[citation needed] and denying registration to vehicles that did not pass, drivers would tend to purchase vehicles that would more reliably pass the test. OBD-I was largely unsuccessful,[citation needed] as the means of reporting emissions-specific diagnostic information was not standardized. Technical difficulties with obtaining standardized and reliable emissions information from all vehicles led to an inability to implement the annual testing program effectively.[citation needed]

Holding down 'Off' and 'Warmer' for several seconds activates the diagnostic mode without the need for an external scan tool. Some Honda engine computers are equipped with LED's that light up in a specific pattern to indicate the DTC. General Motors, some 1989-1995 Ford vehicles (DCL), and some 1989-1995 Toyota/Lexus vehicles have a live sensor data stream available, however, many other OBD-I equipped vehicles do not. OBD-I vehicles have fewer DTC's available than for OBD-II equipped vehicles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

1. The First Auto Manufacturer to Use Tiptronic Transmission was Porsche

While different forms of semi-automatic transmission systems have been around since the 1930s, the first tiptronic transmission debuted on the 1990 Porsche 911. The German automaker developed the system as a way to deliver an automatic version of their flagship car without compromising their reputation for outstanding performance.
https://www.autotrainingcentre.com/blog/tiptronic-transmission-work-3-facts-future-auto-technicians/

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

cheesy cheesy

You are right....most 2000 models of Benz have that feature

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

cheesy cheesy

Those old volkswagen passat have since time immemorial. Even Nissan and Toyota used Heads up display before Mercedes undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
I love my Mercedes Benz. My Siena. My Audi. No controversy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
shortgun:

I didn't say it's illegal, it's just not logical cos it's the direct opposite of what she's used to, that's if at all she even drives. It doesn't make any sense to spend almost half of what the vehicle cost to export and import again.
PS: I'm a Benz fanboy, I use my number 6 though.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
mammanbawa:

I didn't say it's illegal, it's just not logical cos it's the direct opposite of what she's used to, that's if at all she even drives. It doesn't make any sense to spend almost half of what the vehicle cost to export and import again.
PS: I'm a Benz fanboy, I use my number 6 though.

That is my position....it doesn't make economic sense to export and import the car again....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
conductor259:
[s][/s]

Small boy. I have small time let me troll you wink

https://scanneranswers.com/what-year-did-obd2-start-heres-a-brief-history-lesson/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

https://www.autotrainingcentre.com/blog/tiptronic-transmission-work-3-facts-future-auto-technicians/
It really makes me sad to post on this stupid page but I have a sense of duty to educate people. Nice to know you have cleared them on this. Benz did not and has not achieved a lot of automotive firsts. They are way behind. A lot of manufacturers debuted what Mercedes later incorporated in their cars.
They learn from others.
If a Benz owner is just discovering the tiptronic function or the semi automatic nature of his automatic transmission, I begin to wonder what other features of his "loaded" Benz he is yet to discover. If the said owner needed a YouTube video to figure out how to use the tiptronic feature, then we have a problem.
This life sha.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
9icetoo:

It really makes me sad to post on this stupid page but I have a sense of duty to educate people. Nice to know you have cleared them on this. Benz did not and has not achieved a lot of automotive firsts. They are way behind. A lot of manufacturers debuted what Mercedes later incorporated in their cars.
They learn from others.
If a Benz owner is just discovering the tiptronic function or the semi automatic nature of his automatic transmission, I begin to wonder what other features of his "loaded" Benz he is yet to discover. If the said owner needed a YouTube video to figure out how to use the tiptronic feature, then we have a problem.
This life sha.

Wonder what he'll do when he discovers paddle shifters. grin

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
But benz makes crazy powerful engines. Notable mention is Infiniti too kiss

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
drakeskull:
But benz makes crazy powerful engines. Notable mention is Infiniti too kiss

Benz 5.0L V8 - 302 HP
Nissan/Infiniti 3.5L V6 - 306 HP

wink

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Benz 5.0L V8 - 302 HP
Nissan/Infiniti 3.5L V6 - 306 HP

wink
Quit dicking around...

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by strafist911: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Japanese car owners have low sef esteem. Why are they always constituting nuisance on this thread? I have never seen Mercedes owners in Nissan & Toyota threads.

I think we should stop replying them.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.