Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967898 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 1:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Slazim:
Hello house, please a friend and brother has his eyes on the W211, I know some of them have peculiar issues, was wondering which of them would suit him (he is coming from a jap).
Your suggestions and reasons are needed please.
He might lose enthusiasm quickly as it is getting too old already.
Tell him to try cheap luxury and gun for maybe a W212 facelift when he is fully ready.
However,I think it is pretty reliable and strong compared to some of its sister benzes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Slazim: 1:26am On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Tell him to try cheap luxury and gun for maybe a W212 facelift when he is fully ready.
However,I think it is pretty reliable and strong compared to some of its sister benzes.
Cost is a major factor too. I think the 212 is kinda out of his league at the moment. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 2:21am On Apr 16, 2020
Slazim:

Cost is a major factor too. I think the 212 is kinda out of his league at the moment. Thanks.
By cheap luxury I meant like a lexus or something close,then get a w212 later.
You kind of missed my point.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Slazim: 2:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:
By cheap luxury I meant like a lexus or something close,then get a w212 later.
You kind of missed my point.
Oh, ok.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 9:46am On Apr 16, 2020
Slazim:
Hello house, please a friend and brother has his eyes on the W211, I know some of them have peculiar issues, was wondering which of them would suit him (he is coming from a jap).
Your suggestions and reasons are needed please.

Avoid early models. His best bet will be E350 08/09. Those are gremlin free but maintenance will be expensive than japmobile.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Person dey find W211 of 2m, you dey call W212 facelift of 7m.

But yeah, something like GS300 would serve a lot better. Better than the W211 in all metrics anyway.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

But yeah, something like GS300 would serve a lot better. Better than the W211 in all metrics anyway.
Many people misunderstand me.
I mean it is better he buys a lexus now,save up more and later get a proper mercedes that is recent.
I no want Make e waste the money on w211 weh e go later regret.
Na wetin I mean be that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. That your temper of yesterday needs to be investigated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. That your temper of yesterday needs to be investigated.

Wetin happen yesterday?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Wetin happen yesterday?
You went full savage on ayom@rcel.... I should be asking
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

You went full savage on ayom@rcel.... I should be asking

Low tolerance for idiots.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Many people misunderstand me.
I mean it is better he buys a lexus now,save up more and later get a proper mercedes that is recent.
I no want Make e waste the money on w211 weh e go later regret.
Na wetin I mean be that.

Ok, chief.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Slazim: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

Avoid early models. His best bet will be E350 08/09. Those are gremlin free but maintenance will be expensive than japmobile.
Aight. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Teknireich(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please...can anyone link me to how I can get an OEM (Follow come - removed from an engine) Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor/meter for W202 - Benz C280 M112 V6 engine.

I have bought the new one...they work only for some days.

I have a pass so I can come over provided location is easy to access in Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2020
Teknireich:
Please...can anyone link me to how I can get an OEM (Follow come - removed from an engine) Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor/meter for W202 - Benz C280 M112 V6 engine.

I have bought the new one...they work only for some days.

I have a pass so I can come over provided location is easy to access in Lagos.

Thanks.
when lockdown is over, enter trinity or ojekunle u will see follow come parts
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Teknireich(m): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2020
Bizzyliss:
when lockdown is over, enter trinity or ojekunle u will see follow come parts

Okay...thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Peng12345: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the C300 , between 2008-2010, how reliable and manageable is the car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2020
Peng12345:
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the C300 , between 2008-2010, how reliable and manageable is the car

Decent car. Has an ignition switch issue that typically costs about 150-200k to fix. Buy a C350.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by adanny01(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2020
nakoks:

You need to have a second mechanic look at that car.You will waste money getting a new engine and gear.But the sad thing is if you are billed 40% of what it would cost you if you go get a new engine and gear you will not want to pay.

Also note that if its flood problem replacing engine and gear alone wont solve the problem.Sorry but in the past year i have seen 3 Mercedes like this get fixed without replacing engine or gear so am speaking from experience.Hala me only if car is in lagos lets have a second look at it.

Pele

The guy should get a compression test done first.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by wingmanIII: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Please where can I get this part, rear SAM for Mercedes R350,2008 model.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
wingmanIII:
Please where can I get this part, rear SAM for Mercedes R350,2008 model.
trinity but hold ur 100k lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by wingmanIII: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bizzyliss:
trinity but hold ur 100k lol
Thanks for the response.
I will check them out after the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by loba18: 5:40am On Apr 18, 2020
Good evening all, kindly help me to fine tune my decision on this 2 cars, though same brand.
2003 Mercedes c320 and a 2005 Mercedes e320. I am a bachelor. I just want a good car without electrical issues. Which of the 2 cars is more reliable and cheap to maintain in terms of parts.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2020
loba18:
Good evening all, kindly help me to fine tune my decision on this 2 cars, though same brand.
2003 Mercedes c320 and a 2005 Mercedes e320. I am a bachelor. I just want a good car without electrical issues. Which of the 2 cars is more reliable and cheap to maintain in terms of parts.
Make that 2003 C320 a choice but it should be 2005 C320. It's the best of power and reliability, and it's also not too expensive to replace the engine.
Your marital status shouldn't suffice now. At least for now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Make that 2003 C320 a choice but it should be 2005 C320. It's the best of power and reliability, and it's also not too expensive to replace the engine.
Your marital status shouldn't suffice now. At least for now .

With emphasis on the " At least for now " comment, use 8 sentences and nothing more than 2 paragraphs to expantiate on the meaning of the bolded.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2020
Eddee:

With emphasis on the " At least for now " comment, use 8 sentences and nothing more than 2 paragraphs to expantiate on the meaning of the bolded.

Ahahahahahhaha you want send me go market this morning brother man. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Ahahahahahhaha you want send me go market this morning brother man. grin

Are you saying if he's going to follow his heart and go for any of his options below, he should still remain a "bachelor" for the foreseeable future? grin grin

loba18:

2003 Mercedes c320 and a 2005 Mercedes e320 .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2020
Eddee:

Are you saying if he's going to follow his heart and go for any of his options below, he should still remain a "bachelor" for the foreseeable future? grin grin

No brother man grin.
I mean for now, whether he's a bachelor or not is not important in his choice of a car. grin

Abi he wants pack his in-laws dey move around? grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

No brother man grin.
I mean for now, whether he's a bachelor or not is not important in his choice of a car. grin

Abi he wants pack his in-laws dey move around? grin grin

On the E class with Airmatic - "stop car too low"
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2020
Eddee:

grin grin
A man with hands-on experience.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Eddee:

grin grin

Lol. That car that can sabi speak English plenty. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

A man with hands-on experience.

Make mistake put three big sorry chubby and wonderfully made chicks in the back and 1 home boy riding shotgun, be prepared for limp mode, cos that Benz's ride leveling sensors are finicky and will go haywire at the slightest weight provocation.

KINGreignn:

Lol. That car that can sabi speak English plenty. grin

Unnecessary grammar. Hit a pothole at any speed that affects the shocks' positioning slightly and be ready for messages of impending doom on the instrument cluster's malfunction screen. Me I no send, found a way to remove the Airmatic fuse, even that didn't completely disable the warnings especially if it runs a self diagnostic test during spirited driving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.