Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967632 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:00am On Apr 18, 2020
Eddee:

Make mistake put three big sorry chubby and wonderfully made chicks in the back and 1 home boy riding shotgun, be prepared for limp mode, cos that Benz's ride leveling sensors are finicky and will go haywire at the slightest weight provocation.

Unnecessary grammar. Hit a pothole at any speed that affects the shocks' positioning slightly and be ready for messages of impending doom on the instrument cluster's malfunction screen. Me I no send, found a way to remove the Airmatic fuse, even that didn't completely disable the warnings especially if it runs a self diagnostic test during spirited driving.

Na suffer head be this na. And people wonder why we like our Japs and Americans.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Na suffer head be this na. And people wonder why we like our Japs and Americans.
Majority of Benz owners no send malfunction screen or CEL as long as "engine dey raise well"

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by loba18: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Make that 2003 C320 a choice but it should be 2005 C320. It's the best of power and reliability, and it's also not too expensive to replace the engine.
Your marital status shouldn't suffice now. At least for now.

My brother said the car mart close to his house has the 2003 c320 and the 2005 c240 4matic. Maybe I should pick the 2005 c240 then. Or should I just stick to the 2003 c320.
Why I mentioned my marital status is to let you know that I don't need the space in the e class for now.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
loba18:

My brother said the car mart close to his house has the 2003 c320 and the 2005 c240 4matic. Maybe I should pick the 2005 c240 then. Or should I just stick to the 2003 c320.
Why I mentioned my marital status is to let you know that I don't need the space in the e class for now.

Visit ladipo (Ojekunle), ask for prices of the parts. Especially those modules. And make your decision. Coming here won't help you, they will confuse you.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
Slazim:
Hello house, please a friend and brother has his eyes on the W211, I know some of them have peculiar issues, was wondering which of them would suit him (he is coming from a jap).
Your suggestions and reasons are needed please.
Your friend must have good reasons why he wants a Benz.
Don't discourage him because of the negative comments by some trolls here.
They don't own any model of Mercedes Benz...so they have no ground to give any advice whatever.
He must have good reasons why he wants to dump the shitty jap for a real car......don't let anyone stand on his way to becoming a true car owner.

Tell your friend to pick any Benz of his choice and stand out from the crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Peng12345:
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the C300 , between 2008-2010, how reliable and manageable is the car
Excellent choice....go as your heart leads you.
I believe u have been seeing countless of them on the road.
They are very rugged, durable.... comes with a beautiful behind grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
loba18:

Better to go for the 2003 C320 than the 2005 C240

The suspension and shafts of the 4matic are more expensive and the C240 is a lazy V6.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
luxy44:

Visit ladipo (Ojekunle), ask for prices of the parts. Especially those modules. And make your decision. Coming here won't help you, they will confuse you.
So he will be using price of parts to make choice? How many parts? You are the one confusing him.Coming here has already helped him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Please I intend to buy mercedes benz c230 1999
model but it's not Kompressor, i. e when I check the engine, it doesn't have the red Kompressor badge like normal Kompressor benz.
1.What's the difference between the two type of c230?
2. Do their fuel economy differs?
3. Do their maintenance cost differs?

Thank you as I await your responses.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Please I intend to buy mercedes benz c230 1999
model but it's not Kompressor, i. e when I check the engine, it doesn't have the red Kompressor badge like normal Kompressor benz.
1.What's the difference between the two type of c230?
2. Do their fuel economy differs?
3. Do their maintenance cost differs?

Thank you as I await your responses.
I don't think there's a kompressor for that year.

The only difference is that one is supercharged (C230k) while the other is naturally aspirated

The C230k engine is 2.0l
While C230 is 2.3l
No significant difference in maintenance.

Personally, I prefer naturally aspirated engines.
I will pick the C230 over the C230k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
shortgun:

I don't think there's a kompressor for that year.

The only difference is that one is supercharged (C230k) while the other is naturally aspirated

The C230k engine is 2.0l
While C230 is 2.3l
No significant difference in maintenance.

Personally, I prefer naturally aspirated engines.
I will pick the C230 over the C230k
Thank you sir for your swift response. I intend buying naija used, hope am safe, the seller said engine hasn't been touched before, is the car reliable and fuel efficient?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Thank you sir for your swift response. I intend buying naija used, hope am safe, the seller said engine hasn't been touched before, is the car reliable and fuel efficient?
Nothing is wrong in buying a used car.. Nigerian used or Cameroun used.
Test drive the vehicle....if it meets Ur expectations, buy it. That Benz is solid all round....the parts are very cheap and affordable.
And the car will surprise you on the highway, fuel economy very good.
Good luck and congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
shortgun:

Nothing is wrong in buying a used car.. Nigerian used or Cameroun used.
Test drive the vehicle....if it meets Ur expectations, buy it. That Benz is solid all round....the parts are very cheap and affordable.
And the car will surprise you on the highway, fuel economy very good.
Good luck and congratulations.
Not true.
If you buy a badly used mercedes,forget it.
You will spend purchase money in keeping the relic on the road.
I advise people not to buy used cars at all if possible,especially Nigeria used.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not true.
I advise people not to buy used cars at all if possible,especially Nigeria used.
Tokunbo cars are used cars.
The way some people abuse cars here is same abroad.
It's better to buy a well maintained Nigerian used car than buy a foreign used abused car.
Nothing is wrong in buying a used car..it's all about maintenance.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 9:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not true.

Guy u talk as if u won’t buy a well maintained Nigeria used ride. Are u telling us that there are no well maintained Nigerian ride. Please don’t mislead the young man. The advice u were suppose to dash out was that, make sure u get a good ride. U think those guys abroad don’t abuse their cars too?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not true.
I can buy a completely dead mercedes... Discuss only what you know of

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
weyreypey:
lol, that is not saying much, nothing new there
you already own a completely dead merzedes

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
Das Beste Order Nichts.... Toyota peeps won't understand such addiction

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 6:32am On Apr 20, 2020
weyreypey:

I think I understand what you mean here, considering the availability of parts and how cheap they are an old benz can be renewed to be new. I am just fascinated by the review of the C230 1999, I will join the family of benz soon, am about completing the deal on the purchase.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2020
weyreypey:
Toyota peeps won't understand such addiction

loooool

this explains the rampant psychotic behaviour on this thread by people like you

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2020

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
I think I understand what you mean here, considering the availability of parts and how cheap they are an old benz can be renewed to be new. I am just fascinated by the review of the C230 1999, I will join the family of benz soon, am about completing the deal on the purchase.
Congratulations. Take time to love your Mercedes. The proposed car in question never dies. Just ensure it's rust free.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2020
weyreypey:

Congratulations. Take time to love your Mercedes. The proposed car in question never dies. Just ensure it's rust free.
Thank you sir, how do you know it's rust free?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Thank you sir, how do you know it's rust free?
Check the underbody, wheel arches. That's all

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 9:39am On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Fentanyl:

loooool

this explains the rampant psychotic behaviour on this thread by people like you
[/s]

NL RUle 2: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 9:41am On Apr 20, 2020
Fentanyl:

Your attached pics disobeys
NL RUle 1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dljbd1(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not true.
You're right...however, this is where due diligence comes in.
I once bought a 9ja used 1994 C280 thinking it was a 1999 C180 grin. I know very little about Benz then...when I got to know it was a 1994 (and a C280 for that matter) it was already too late.
It was a bad buy, fuel consumption was above my grade mehn and I spent lots of doe to keep it afloat. Eventually, I had to scrap the ride.
Anyways...anyone considering Benz 9ja used should know what he/she is doing Ooo...know about the car and do thorough check while inspecting!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2020
dljbd1:

You're right...however, this is where due diligence comes in.
I once bought a 9ja used 1992 C280 thinking it was a 1999 C180 grin. I know very little about Benz then...when I got to know it was a 1992 (and a C280 for that matter) it was already too late.
It was a bad buy, fuel consumption was above my grade mehn and I spent lots of doe to keep it afloat. Eventually, I had to scrap the ride.
Anyways...anyone considering Benz 9ja used should know what he/she is doing Ooo...know about the car and do thorough check while inspecting!

The C class (W202) was produced between 1993 and 2001 (SW only extended till 2001).
There's never a 1992 C280.
1992 was the 190 which is code-named w201.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2020
Philadelphia:

The C class (W202) was produced between 1993 and 2001 (SW only extended till 2001).
I was wondering too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dljbd1(m): 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
Philadelphia:

I meant 1994 jare...error
Lol
modified

You see....i still don't know much about benz. cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
luxy44:

[s]Visit ladipo (Ojekunle), ask for prices of the parts. Especially those modules. And make your decision. Coming here won't help you, they will confuse you[/s].
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by loba18: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
nakoks:

Better to go for the 2003 C320 than the 2005 C240

The suspension and shafts of the 4matic are more expensive and the C240 is a lazy V6.

Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.