Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967902 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
radautoworks:

WB my aspiring frenemy with 30 alternate monikers. Use your primary one if you want to talk to me.
You obviously don't know who this is.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
radautoworks:

Damn, you had to pull out 2 of your monikers for little ol me?
I hit that spot right? Wake up from dreamland, not a legion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dokyOloye: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
bizzle2:

Sigh . . . typical Nairaland . . Band wagon support and butt kissing.

Did you even look at what my post was about ?

Did I ever ask for an MDX vs ML550 comparison ? that conversation came from saying " The mdx is better and has more features".

I asked for feedback from ML550 owners with extended user experience.
"Feedback" , "User Experience" , not opinion on which to buy or whether to buy.

Tell me if our roads have given you issues with the Airmatic suspension ,
Tell me how long before you needed to replace them
Tell me how reliable your turbo has been,
Tell me if the 400 hp has been enjoyable and actually useable, etc
useful feedback only a real user can give

I am irritated by the blind support on this forum sometimes, especially coming from adults.

everybody should be able to respectfully disagree or debate.
Them get herd mentality and hero worship/ass licking behaviour well well for here.
So,a simple academic exercise of "which is better in what" turns out to be a poke in the eye for them.

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Afromentalist: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
radautoworks:

Na him make me delete everytin. Since e oversabi e no need opinion
Sorry but you never gave a substantiated opinion. You don't expect someone to just follow your opinion for the sake of it, if you can't bring relevant points - not family and wealth talks which was not in question.

This is a forum, not a church/Mosque. People don't say amen to whatever a Pastor says here. Bizzle2 was very correct in the way he approached your answer.

12 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by asamwababy: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
bizzle2:

Lol, if they ask you now, you will say you know cars. But you cannot distinguish stock BMW rims from aftermarket knock offs . . . you will be fine.

Lol,Just as you know so much that made you fix BMW rims on Acura.who does that in this age? grin

And second rim is a chinese knock off.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

Sorry but you never gave a substantiated opinion. You don't expect someone to just follow your opinion for the sake of it, if you can't bring relevant points - not family and wealth talks which was not in question.

This is a forum, not a church/Mosque. People don't say amen to whatever a Pastor says here. Bizzle2 was very correct in the way he approached your answer.

Thank you number 3. It's like you didn't see my original response when I said don't @me because I didn't feel like have a drawn out argument. Plus reading comprehension is an issue with "you". I said I've owned many variants of both cars in question to show I know what I'm saying is now wealth talk. Insecurity will not kill Nigerians.

Please just pass by with your other two personalities. That is all the time i have to dedicate to the subject.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Afromentalist: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
radautoworks:
Thank you number 3. It's like you didn't see my original response when I said don't @me because I didn't feel like have a drawn out argument. Plus reading comprehension is an issue with "you". I said I've owned many variants of both cars in question to show I know what I'm saying is now wealth talk. Insecurity will not kill Nigerians.

Please just pass by with your other two personalities. That is all the time i have to dedicate to the subject.
Persecution complex.

I have only one account (well plus a back up) in this platform, and it is well known. And you don't have what it takes to intimidate me, forget about your worshippers here.

And, I am not even Nigerian. wink

Now next time, do better. Give substance to your claims, not mere "I have had it"," I drove all mercedes models and similar sh*t."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alfred74:

News reaching us from amebo.com be say na I'll gotten wealth, naijiriya money.
delete this sick “joke”

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
delete this sick “joke”
Did you say joke? Oh well,maybe maybe not.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alfred74:

Did you say joke? Oh well,maybe maybe not.
ok, please delete that post

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hauptmann: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
I bet radautoworks right about now wishes she took her know it all attitude elsewhere, this benz thread is a perpetual battleground and not the place for your normal shalaye
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hauptmann:
I bet radautoworks right about now wishes she took her know it all attitude elsewhere, this benz thread is a perpetual battleground and not the place for your normal shalaye

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=weyreypey post=93219919][/quote]

wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bizzle2: 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
dokyOloye:

Them get herd mentality and hero worship/ass licking behaviour well well for here.
So,a simple academic exercise of which is better in what turns out to be a poke in the eye for them.
E tire me
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bizzle2: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

The bolded is My point exactly,

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bizzle2: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Should've simply ended the conversation with "That wasn't what I was asking about", then.

There simply aren't many ML550 owners in Nigeria, especially with the 4.7TT.

From what I know about the cars, though. I'm always on MBworld, Benzworld, and plenty of MB communities. Same engine on the 2012+ E550s.

The M278 is very solid. It's also underrated by Mercedes. Probably makes closer to 430 HP or so. Also very tunable. Power delivery is excellent. Sounds amazing with a muffler delete too.

Airmatic is pretty reliable on those, actually. Nigerian roads are a different matter, though. Just do the Arnott swap.

Never heard of any turbo issues.

You'll never be able to use that 400 HP to the fullest. Plenty of low end torque, though.
There's nothing wrong with providing unsolicited opinion/criticism if it is constructive. I was looking forward to learning stuff and having a reason to reconsider.

You should also have understood the line of conversation before asking me why I asked for an opinion that I did not.

In any case thanks for the feedback. It's all positive so far

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
bizzle2:

There's nothing wrong with providing unsolicited opinion/criticism if it is constructive. I was looking forward to learning stuff and having a reason to reconsider.

You should also have understood the line of conversation before asking me why I asked for an opinion that I did not.

In any case thanks for the feedback. It's all positive so far
oya, no vex. If you say na even Keke better pass I agree. Just make sure after you buy am na me go dey do the maintenance and repair. This one must not pass me by grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Who den dey give gbas gbos for here so ? Lol

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
bizzle2:

Sigh . . . typical Nairaland . . Band wagon support and butt kissing.

Did you even look at what my post was about ?

Did I ever ask for an MDX vs ML550 comparison ? that conversation came from saying " The mdx is better and has more features".

I asked for feedback from ML550 owners with extended user experience.
"Feedback" , "User Experience" , not opinion on which to buy or whether to buy.

Tell me if our roads have given you issues with the Airmatic suspension ,
Tell me how long before you needed to replace them
Tell me how reliable your turbo has been,
Tell me if the 400 hp has been enjoyable and actually useable, etc
useful feedback only a real user can give

I am irritated by the blind support on this forum sometimes, especially coming from adults.

everybody should be able to respectfully disagree or debate.

I like your analysis , it seems they have a blind support but I think that the thread is educative though at a time was a bit hot!

when a user talks about a car guy will know
when a reader talks you will know ...

personally I don't think any right thinking person compares ML 550 with MDX....the MDX is a V6 while the ML 550 is V8 ...this is a major knock off....who compares v6 with V8

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
chukel:
i stand to be corrected. No 04/05 ml320. That engine was stopped in 02. From 03 it was the 3.7L engine designated ML350

Google Wikipedia and M CLASS and lecture yourself or go benz world..

..... but wetin I know seff.... na una know every every naaaa
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Google Wikipedia and M CLASS and lecture yourself or go benz world..

..... but wetin I know seff.... na una know every every naaaa
this is from your wikipedia. Just don't argue this. You can't have a 2004 ml320. If you do, then check your car well. Something is wrong somewhere. Either a wrong badge or transplanted engine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:07am On Aug 26, 2020
This talk about ML’s from early 2000’s made me remember my old ml500 sport (which was very reliable by the way) so I decided to do a research on that baby once more (anything 350 or 500) and edmunds.com had glowing user reviews while carsurvey had a lot of tears. I kept wondering, aren’t these sites using the same mostly American public as reviewers ? One thing edmunds reviewers agreed on though is that the gas mileage on the ML is atrocious (debatable).
I really miss that baby though, one of my best driving experience ever, very responsive and built like a tank. Gazzuzz posted some ML pics a while back and I remembered my shalaye days, I just might go back if I see a great offer.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
ok, please delete that post
Ok sir cry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2020
Alfred74:

Ok sir cry
Good morning and thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
DAVE5:
House, I think I need help

Was cruising down, heard the normal Benz warning, turns out a battery indicator lit up, ain’t never seen it, fear catch me first cos I know Benzima would drink money if there’s an issue, when I sha parked and later on the car, it was gone, no warning

I hate working on my car except for servicing so I’m mostly concerned about the fact that it would be worked on

How far? Am guessing your alternator has given up the ghost.I got the same light yesterday evening.Dragged the car home and on my way to work the car fainted.Alternator gone 120v,so i rang Trinity and got another from an engine for 18k.Car is fine now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
nakoks:

How far? Am guessing your alternator has given up the ghost.I got the same light yesterday evening.Dragged the car home and on my way to work the car fainted.Alternator gone 120v,so i rang Trinity and got another from an engine for 18k.Car is fine now

Nah

Was driving when I saw it, haven’t seen it since then and car is in a great condition

Sorry though

18k: not much sha

The last rubbish my car did was when my compressor got burnt/smoked while I was driving, spent abt 100k fixing ery ery, so fear dey catch make anything do am cos I know it cost a lot to fix simple stuffs in these cars

Trinity; is that a person or place?

Cos I know trinity in Ilorin or so, been to too many places in this obodo Naija, we dey pray 4 wen we go become “been to quite a few places around the world”
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:58am On Aug 27, 2020
DAVE5:

Nah

Was driving when I saw it, haven’t seen it since then and car is in a great condition

Sorry though

18k: not much sha

The last rubbish my car did was when my compressor got burnt/smoked while I was driving, spent abt 100k fixing ery ery, so fear dey catch make anything do am cos I know it cost a lot to fix simple stuffs in these cars

Trinity; is that a person or place?

Cos I know trinity in Ilorin or so, been to too many places in this obodo Naija, we dey pray 4 wen we go become “been to quite a few places around the world”

Trinity is a place in Lagos (Apapa) but I like sourcing my parts from Promise land (laadipo) though I have. never had alternator issues in my history of driving Benz ( my second though )

to fix AC in Benz most times are pricey that is if you see a good technician
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:59am On Aug 27, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
This talk about ML’s from early 2000’s made me remember my old ml500 sport (which was very reliable by the way) so I decided to do a research on that baby once more (anything 350 or 500) and edmunds.com had glowing user reviews while carsurvey had a lot of tears. I kept wondering, aren’t these sites using the same mostly American public as reviewers ? One thing edmunds reviewers agreed on though is that the gas mileage on the ML is atrocious (debatable).
I really miss that baby though, one of my best driving experience ever, very responsive and built like a tank. Gazzuzz posted some ML pics a while back and I remembered my shalaye days, I just might go back if I see a great offer.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:07am On Aug 27, 2020
chukel:
this is from your wikipedia. Just don't argue this. You can't have a 2004 ml320. If you do, then check your car well. Something is wrong somewhere. Either a wrong badge or transplanted engine.

okay...would do! but I know the differences ...the first model of 320 has is smaller maybe 1999 - 2000 with only airbags by the front door in a plastic casing with dash while the 2001 - 2003 version has airbags in all the doors and heated seats which isn't available (maybe ) and the door mats of this model is leather and the back windscreen can be opened... then I have seen the last model that have the same side mirow with 350,the only difference is that the. AC knobs have chrome or silver linings and the tailgate can be opened from the inside and it has speakers at the side. mireow side (which the. previous models don't have ) and cones with 3 row seat ( still 320)

maybe ...they are same. year or they are different Trims...I will look out but the later models have Tiptronic gears and also airbags on all the doors which is pure leather (mine have it )

but I would do research anyway ....we learn
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:12am On Aug 27, 2020
dokyOloye:

So,a simple academic exercise of "which is better in what" turns out to be a poke in the eye for them.

that was what I complained and pointed months back and got so pissed ...though I think they have slowed down a bit

we are here to learn not do some funny cartel ! I find it ridiculous! though it's reducing

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:17am On Aug 27, 2020
bizzle2:

Lose alot of what? Lol, I beg to differ.
Features like what ?
The MDX is anything but feature packed. As far as value for money and fun driving go I cannot fault her, but advance tech? Mba. The 550 blows her out of the water.

I'm not even trying to compare the 2013 MDX to the 2013 ML550. they're not in the same class if you ask me. I'm just looking for hands on experience with owning a 550 locally. Which I consider an upgrade from the MDX.

Interior styling/ luxury and exterior styling - 550 wins
Performance - 550 wins
Crash/ Safety ratings - 550 wins
Advanced Tech features - 550 wins
Handling - both great
Fuel economy - A V8 Biturbo cannot possibly be expected to have the same as a naturally aspirated V6. More power mens more energy consumption. The 550 doesn't even do too badly in comparison to the MDX

Reliability and local availability of parts are my primary concern about the 550

apt...you just captured it

MDX,well I haven't driven a 550, that is a dream SUV maybe AMG it brabus ...so I cannot talk about it and I don't like all these online reviews! most are biased

look for person that have driven it life and he would advise you...I do that on many cars that I want to buy!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:19am On Aug 27, 2020
bizzle2:

You didn't answer my question though.
What features does the MDX offer that you cannot find on an ML550 of equivalent year? not a GLK , C Class or an ML 350. But a 550 specifically ?
That lends a better perspective to your opinion.

The Advance , Tech , Entertainment , Navigation and Sport Packages on the MDX have just minor differences that mainly cater to certain comfort and entertainment priorities.
Mine is a Tech Package.

I believe to objectively compare two cars requires more than just saying A is better than B (which is largely personal opinion), the idea would be to say WHY & HOW A is better than B .

If design figures and test ratings show that the 550 betters the MDX in the categories I mentioned earlier, HOW then does the MDX better the 550 ?
I'm very open to learning. I'm a big MDX fan remember. But a spade is a spade.
I don't own a workshop or fix cars but my background is in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Tech Engineering Option specifically). Even though my love for cars has nothing to do with that.

intelligent questions....I love this....

let's learn , I rarely comment again but I learn a whole lot here !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.