Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968267 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gravatar: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2021
DMechyy:

Check your door jam.

The region of manufacture will be stated.

You can also use the first number of the bin to know.

American spec vehicles start with 1,4, or 5
W is Germany.

So if your VIN starts with 1,4, or 5, it is American spec.

PS: even if you tell them the right spec, they will still give you a wrong unit. Carry your old Fuel Assy to get another.

Best bet is to buy a new Unit, all this American spec or Europe won't play, all you need is your VIN

Send yours, let me see if it is in stock

The first number of the vin thing is true for most vehicles, but it doesn't really work the way you've described it for Mercedes Benz vehicles.

All W203 vin numbers will start with W, as they were all manufactured in Germany/Austria, but some of them were manufactured in Germany with American specs while some were manufactured in Germany with Europe specs.

The best thing is what kingreign said. Get the vin number and use it to get the build sheet. That would tell you what specs it came with.

It's also different for W204s. W204 vin numbers all start with W, but some of them were manufactured in South Africa after being imported as CKD units from Germany. It can be confusing to a novice, na experience with my W204 C350 teach me all these ones.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2021
kingreign:

Cut and join wires, shabbily tied wires, fuel line... Spark, kaboom!
lolz, never a cut and join wire, just cracks of the insulations,, so it was taped
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2021
Gravatar:

The first number of the vin thing is true for most vehicles, but it doesn't really work the way you've described it for Mercedes Benz vehicles.

All W203 vin numbers will start with W, as they were all manufactured in Germany/Austria, but some of them were manufactured in Germany with American specs while some were manufactured in Germany with Europe specs.

The best thing is what kingreign said. Get the vin number and use it to get the build sheet. That would tell you what specs it came with.

It's also different for W204s. W204 vin numbers all start with W, but some of them were manufactured in South Africa after being imported as CKD units from Germany. It can be confusing to a novice, na experience with my W204 C350 teach me all these ones.
Exactly, all Benz are manufactured in Germany, but of 2 different spec, American and European.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gravatar: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2021
David275:
Exactly, all Benz are manufactured in Germany, but of 2 different spec, American and European.

Lol I didn't say that bros, I was specific about the models I was referring to

W205s are manufactured in the USA. Their vin numbers start with 5.

Also I gave an example showing that some W204 models were manufactured in South Africa using kits from Germany.

W164 and W166 MLs have vin numbers starting with 4, those ones were manufactured in the USA

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
DMechyy:

Check your door jam.

The region of manufacture will be stated.

You can also use the first number of the bin to know.

American spec vehicles start with 1,4, or 5
W is Germany.

So if your VIN starts with 1,4, or 5, it is American spec.

PS: even if you tell them the right spec, they will still give you a wrong unit. Carry your old Fuel Assy to get another.

Best bet is to buy a new Unit, all this American spec or Europe won't play, all you need is your VIN

Send yours, let me see if it is in stock

Dmechy always to the rescue, he doesn't just render solution but also accompany it with lots of educative spices. Double twuale to you boss, ur boy is loyal Sir.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DMechyy: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Dmechy always to the rescue, he doesn't just render solution but also accompany it with lots of educative spices. Double twuale to you boss, ur boy is loyal Sir.

I greet you Sir
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2021
David275:

False.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Pls what's the recommended transmission fluid to top up a C180 W202?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Dupsy21: 5:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Good morning house,
Please I need a clean and neat Locally used Mercedes Benz Ml 350 for immediate purchase. Preferably 2014/2015. Please direct contact only. Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Dupsy21: 5:08am On Dec 22, 2021
Dupsy21:
Good morning house,
Please I need a clean and neat Locally used Mercedes Benz Ml 350 for immediate purchase. Preferably 2014/2015. Please direct contact only. Thank you.
Lagos pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princelumide: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2021
Hey guys, please I need urgent assistance with c200 kompressor, the key is not sucking in again but the remote is still working... The key is the black not the one with panic button.
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2021
Princelumide:
Hey guys, please I need urgent assistance with c200 kompressor, the key is not sucking in again but the remote is still working... The key is the bla.ck not the one with panic button.
Thanks
Location? Hammer EIS or the key. It may even be a fuse.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Praxtech:

Location? Hammer EIS or the key. It may even be a fuse.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2021
Check the big fuse ON the SAM... Touch it as if you are pressing it in... Check if its burn...

Also check the fuses by the Electronic module beside the steering.

Its a fuse issues... I use same car and exprience this sometime. Eventually, the key sucks in and turns

Princelumide:
Hey guys, please I need urgent assistance with c200 kompressor, the key is not sucking in again but the remote is still working... The key is the black not the one with panic button.
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Herve500: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2021
Please I need a good Benz service in amuwo odofin or isolo my Benz driver side ac is not cooling please any recommend
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
Herve500:
Please I need a good Benz service in amuwo odofin or isolo my Benz driver side ac is not cooling pleas.e any recommend
Clegg Street Surulere

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Kingdemu:
Pls what's the recommended transmissio.n fluid to top up a C180 W202?
ATF 134. It's a 722.6 5G transmission.

Total Fluidmatic ATF
Liquimoly rated ATF 134
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Herve500: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Praxtech:

Clegg Street Surulere

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by xrucifix05(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
Please can the admin add me on Mercedes Benz Whatsapp group 08136767887. Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Dew360: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
Please help!

I have ML500 W164. It won't start when engine is hot.

I have changed the kick starter, crankshaft sensor and fuel pump but still not responding, but when cold it will start.

What can I do again?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by duality(m): 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
xrucifix05:
Please can the admin add me on Mercedes Benz Whatsapp group 08136767887. Thank you.

Please let me know when added. I want to be added too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dew360:
Please help!

I have changed the kick starter, crankshaft sensor and fuel pump but still not .responding, but when cold it will start.

What can I do again?
Test the coolant temperature sensor. Why changing items without testing?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Dew360: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
Praxtech:

Test the coolant temperature sensor. Why changing items without testing?

Thanks! I will check that.

I need a Benz expert in Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autologic: 6:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Dew360:

Thanks! I will check that.

I need a Benz expert in Lagos.
Where is your location in lagos ,autologic supports Benz brands with latest MB OEM tools .check for more info below

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Yourbest(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dew360:
Please help!

I have changed the kick starter, crankshaft sensor and fuel pump but still not responding, but when cold it will start.

What can I do again?

It would be an issue with the health cable
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2021
Please i need help
i have a 2014 c300 4matic, the car was losing coolant, and overheating. so we changed the head gasket, but after changing the head gasket the car is not starting, No spark in three of the six plugs, pls does anyone has any idea what could be wrong with car? someone is telling me it might be the brainbox that have problem
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
arma19:
Please i need help
i have a 2014 c300 4matic, the car was losing coolant, and overheating. so we changed the head gasket, but after changing the head gasket the car is not starting, No spark in three of the six plugs, pls does anyone has any idea what could be wrong with car? someone is telling me it might be the brainbox th.at have problem
New engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
arma19:
Please i need help
i have a 2014 c300 4matic, the car was losing coolant, and overheating. so we changed the head gasket, but after changing the head gasket the car is not starting, No spark in three of the six plugs, pls does anyone has any idea what could be wrong with car? someone is telling me it might be the brainbox that have problem

Swap coils, if the same thing still happens, check the integrity of the wiring harness and Camshaft sensors and Crankshaft sensors. If they're fine, then you'd be looking at a damaged ECM. While at it, check the integrity of that engine and if it's not good, replace the engine.
Send me a message via WhatsApp lemme remotely assist you. 07034581213

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autologic: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
arma19:
Please i need help
Valve timing issue suspected as ignition issue is localized to a particular bank (ecu fault strategy) . Troubleshooting can be more faster within few minutes and more accurate if u make toe the line of cmp/ckp scope diagnosis as depicted below

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
kingreign:

Swap coils, if the same thing still happens, check the integrity of the wiring harness and Camshaft sensors and Crankshaft sensors. If they're fine, then you'd be looking at a damaged ECM. While at it, check the integrity of that engine and if it's not good, replace the engine.
Send me a message via WhatsApp lemme remotely assist you. 07034581213

Thanks a lot sir, will do all you have suggested, will also contact you. Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
autologic:

Valve timing issue suspected as ignition issue is localized to a particular bank. Troubleshooting can be more faster within few minutes and more accurate if u make toe the line of cmp/ckp scope diagnosis as depicted below

Thank you, will also check the valve timing issue, though am in kaduna, am not sure there are equipments for this type of diagnosis here
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Churock: 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
Good evening fam and Merry Christmas. Please my Mercedes c320 is jerking. Like the engine jerks and becomes worse when on gear. Anyone with a solution to this please and can one recommend me to a trustworthy Engineer here in Anambra

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.