Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968356 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:46am On Dec 08, 2021
Mercedes Benz w202 gear is now fixed. The only thing is that it doesn't select until the car gets warm, I have to cover like 2 km on gear one then restarts the car before it starts selecting to other gears. Gurus in the house what do u think may be the cause of this. My mechanic here said I should continue driving that it will fix itself. And I noticed if I put it on D I hear a jerk sound.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bahaushe1: 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Praxtech:

What's the code?

He didn't say.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bullet01(f): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
tetralogyfallot:
Mercedes Benz w202 gear is now fixed. The only thing is that it doesn't select until the car gets warm, I have to cover like 2 km on gear one then restarts the car before it starts selecting to other gears. Gurus in the house what do u think may be the cause of this. My mechanic here said I should continue driving that it will fix itself. And I noticed if I put it on D I hear a jerk sound.
That car has entered limp mode. Scan and clear transmission brain box (EGS). I stand to be corrected

If the problem passist or reoccur after scanning then there is a problem with the valve body.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2021
tetralogyfallot:
has your valve body been serviced?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
tetralogyfallot:
Mercedes Benz w202 gear is now fixed. The only thing is that it doesn't select until the car gets warm, I have to cover like 2 km on gear one then restarts the car before it starts selecting to other gears. Gurus in the house what do u think may be the cause of this. My mechanic here said I should continue driving that it will fix itself. And I noticed if I put it on D I hear. a jerk sound.
Go and reset that transmission
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ifebazz(m): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
Good afternoon fellas. Please, where can I get W203 Left Mirror Turn Signal to buy and how much? Mine is faulty, thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Praxtech:

that's exactly what they did bro, now it's working perfectly. Thanks guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by joefit4gur(m): 2:48am On Dec 15, 2021
Hello everyone!

I have a 2008 ML350 with a scored cylinder. Mech advised I replace the engine. Toks engine was purchased and after installation error codes P0016 and P0017 came,

P0016: Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
P0017L Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)

Research says, it could be the balance shaft as the problem is common with M272 engines. Research says a test can be done by setting one of the gears to 305 degrees and checking the holes in both A & B above if they correlates. If they don't, most likely a worn balance shaft.

We all know the one week warranty on this engines, which will be due tomorrow Thursday. The test above have not been done, the mech said it's the timing and that it doesn't really affect engine performance, but I get strong head. I need to know if it's best to return the engine and get another before it's too late.

Biko!

cc
kingreign
nakoks
radautoworks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 6:51am On Dec 15, 2021
joefit4gur:
Hello everyone!

I have a 2008 ML350 with a scored cylinder. Mech advised I replace the engine. Toks engine was purchased and after installation error codes P0016 and P0017 came,

Research says, it could be the balance shaft as the problem is common with M272 engines. Research says a test can be done by setting one of the gears to 305 degrees and checking the holes in both A & B above if they correlates. If they don't, most likely a worn balance shaft.

We all know the one week warranty on this engines, which will be due tomorrow Thursday. The test above have not been done, the mech said it's the timing and that it doesn't really affect engine performance, but I get strong head. I need to know if it's best to return the engine and get another before it's too late.

Biko!

cc
kinreign
naoks
radautworks
Return the engine. That's the best choice you have. Let the seller give you a legit working engine

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2021
Praxtech:

Bro pls can you give some maintenance or preventive measures to the transmission system?

At what millage does one have to change the transmission fluid?

Do you advice one change the transmission fluid after purchase of a tokunbo?

OfficialDJ ur input also needed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

Bro pls can you give some maintenance or preventive measures to the transmission system?

Official. DJ ur input also needed
most Mercs from 010 upwards recommends changing your tranny fluids when it's reached a 40,000 mile threshold..
Just stick to your factory specified transmission fluid and you should be fine...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

Depending on the condition.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
joefit4gur:
Hello everyone!

Biko!

cc
kingreign
nakoks
radautoworks

Sorry about your engine issue considering the vehicle is barely 6 months.I would have suggested you ran a check on the engine to know if it falls under the series plagued with the balanced shaft issues(https://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/) but since you cant do that cos i doubt you can locate the number without the VIN,I suggest you return that engine to avoid paying for a second engine eventually.All the best(sorry i couldn't spend time to look at it yesterday)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

Me i change transmission fluid every 31st December

Change of fluid after purchase of tokunbo is a safe practice

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
nakoks:

Change of fluid after purcha.se of tokunbo is a safe practice
I want to rebuild my engine kindly suggest a competent mech.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
nakoks:

Pablo escobar
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
Praxtech:

I want to rebuild my engine kindly suggest a competent mech.
I have told you to buy another engine.You wont hear....better to reolace than rebuild
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Pablo escobar

5years running no engine or transmission issue.....my engine pristime pass toks �
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
nakoks:

5years running no engine or transmission issue.....my engine pristime pass toks �
hats off amigo..

If I could, I would...

But I actually stick to the manufacturers timeframe for oil changes, and besides I'm as busy as a honeybee which means scheduling regular maintenance checks is a luxury for me...

I actually saw a post of a guy on quora who changes his engine oil at monthly intervals, and pray tell; his engine pictures looks similar to stainless steel adorned with engine oil.
So shiny and sludge free...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by joefit4gur(m): 12:34am On Dec 16, 2021
nakoks:

Sorry about your engine issue considering the vehicle is barely 6 months.I would have suggested you ran a check on the engine to know if it falls under the series plagued with the balanced shaft issues(https://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/) but since you cant do that cos i doubt you can locate the number without the VIN,I suggest you return that engine to avoid paying for a second engine eventually.All the best(sorry i couldn't spend time to look at it yesterday)

Thank you Boss. Fighting for a replacement, the spare part dealers can be problematic. I'm pretty convinced its a worn out balance shaft issue.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by joefit4gur(m): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2021
Praxtech:

Return the engine. That's the best choice you have. Let the seller give you a legit working engine

Thank you for your input.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
OfficialDJ:
most Mercs from 010 upwards recommends changing your tranny fluids when it's reached a 40,000 mile threshold..
Just stick to your factory specified transmission fluid and you should be fine...

I think I read 60,000 or there about on My owner's manual some times back I'll read again to know the threshold.

All yhe same thanks for you input.

Praxtech:

Depending on the condition.

My shift smoothly oh without stress and the performance is superb just that my air flow sensor needs a change.

Do you think cleaning it first will be okay. The spark plugs are block but I changed them all some 3weeks ago but it's confirm the airflow sensors needs attention.

nakoks:

Every 365days??!! grin u na big man na...grin
I'll contact you next week I need to carryout my 2nd oil change its over 5k-miles alteady. 6k- miles is the recommended on the owner's manual
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
OfficialDJ:
hats off amigo..

If I could, I would...

But I actually stick to the manufacturers timeframe for oil changes, and besides I'm as busy as a honeybee which means scheduling regular maintenance checks is a luxury for me...

I actually saw a post of a guy on quora who changes his engine oil at monthly intervals, and pray tell; his engine pictures looks similar to stainless steel adorned with engine oil.
So shiny and sludge free...

I can relate
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hello house pls how can I differentiate between An American spec and European spec C240 w203. My fuel level in the instrument cluster behaves erratically recently, it remain on 0 level when the car is cold until after the car runs for a while before reading, and I was told the sender unit is responsible. I went to find out the cost of the sender unit from spare part store and was asked if is American or European. Pls how can I know the spec the American spec cost #20k while Europe cost #6k, the price difference is much. Pls see the picture of the sender unit
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2021
David275:
Hello house pls how can I differentiate between An American spec and European spec C240 w203. My fuel level in the instrument cluster behaves erratically recently, it remain on 0 level when the car is cold until after the car runs for a while before reading, and I was told the sender unit is responsible. I went to find out the cost of the sender unit from spare part store and was asked if is American or European. Pls how can I know the spec the American spec cost #20k while Europe cost #6k, the price difference is much. Pls see the picture of the sender unit

With what I'm seeing in that picture, you're having a recipe for disaster
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autologic: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2021
David275:
This is not a Toyota that has very few variant ,wen dealing with European vehicle, parts are bought with Part number
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2021
autologic:

This is not a Toyota that has very few variant ,wen dealing with European vehicle, parts are bought with Part number
They don't know.

The best way to buy part is to decode the VIN and get the build specs sheet, then part number, Same thing for American cars and even Asian cars lately does such.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DMechyy: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2021
David275:

Check your door jam.

The region of manufacture will be stated.

You can also use the first number of the bin to know.

American spec vehicles start with 1,4, or 5
W is Germany.

So if your VIN starts with 1,4, or 5, it is American spec.

PS: even if you tell them the right spec, they will still give you a wrong unit. Carry your old Fuel Assy to get another.

Best bet is to buy a new Unit, all this American spec or Europe won't play, all you need is your VIN

Send yours, let me see if it is in stock

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2021
kingreign:

With what I'm seeing in that picture, you're having a recipe for disaster
how do you mean bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2021
David275:
how do you mean bro

Cut and join wires, shabbily tied wires, fuel line... Spark, kaboom!

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Ivan18888888888 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.