Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (18984 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by themosthigh: 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
Lo
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by truefact: 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
Nothing can be more truer

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by MrPresident1: 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
Dry bones shall rise again
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bojack(m): 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
well said

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 22, 2019
On point bro.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by mmsen: 2:02pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it is applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".

It's not abuse or misapplication. The Quran says that unbelievers should be killed. The Bible says that disobedient children should be executed.

Both texts are rooted in outmoded, foolish thinking. They have no place in 21st century life.

As for your using America as an example - America's twin pillars are genocide and slave labor, not 'true religion'.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Truthbites: 2:04pm On May 22, 2019
True talk

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by wink2015(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian man while decrying the rate of hypocrisy among religious people, has said it’s better to be a Nigerian Atheist than become a Nigerian Christian or Muslim.

The man identified as Michael Nwanator on Facebook wrote that while Nigeria is recognized as the most religious country in the world, it is also the poverty capital of the world and he wonders what the benefit of religion is to the people of the country.

Read his full post:

I think it’s better to be an Atheist than to be an average Nigerian Christian and Muslim.

Nigeria is the most religious nation in the world and the poverty capital of the world. Over 91 million are living below poverty line. Over 91 million people are EXTREMELY POOR. The number keep increasing everyday.

Nigeria is attributed to anything bad in the international community.

Less religious countries prosper than us. To me, Nigeria is 1,000 years behind China �� and Japan ��.

If religion can’t make us live a moral upright life, what use is the religion?

What do they teach in religious gatherings in Nigeria ��?

I don’t think there’s any Atheist holding a top government position in the country��. On Friday and Sunday, you will see them in their various religious places, but why are we in this mess?

I need answers.

Singing Hypocrite by Falz

https://lailasnews.com/its-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-nigerian-christian-or-muslim-man-says/

WE ARE MERE CHURCH GOERS AND RELIGIOUS NOISE MAKERS !

Godliness and true love is absent from the mindset of majority of Nigerians.

This drawbacks applies to both christians and muslims.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Timbers(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2019
T0MMY:
Being an atheist in Nigeria doesn't cut it. So much spiritual problems, you'd end up running back to either Islam or Christianity.
I've told people that you don't need to belong to any religion to know God, I always say God lives in our hearts and we can worship him without going to any profit minded religious organization

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bombolistic: 2:07pm On May 22, 2019
Another lost soul. I pray that you encounter God IJMN

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by endureson: 2:08pm On May 22, 2019
Davash222:
I'm a Nigerian Christian.
I can't say you are a fool. I will just laugh.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by OtemAtum: 2:09pm On May 22, 2019
T0MMY:
Being an atheist in Nigeria doesn't cut it. So much spiritual problems, you'd end up running back to either Islam or Christianity.
It's what you think, but it's not a fact. Mind you, I'm not an atheist.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Codedrock(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
Christianity, a religion of love..
Islam, a religion of peace..
Yet, we neither feel the love nor the peace..
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by jchioma: 2:10pm On May 22, 2019
Unfortunately, I am with this guy in his thoughts.

Religion is the doldrums of societal development.

Where religion is involved, man's thinking elements are limited and stagnated.

21 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Gentlewarrior1(m): 2:11pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES. I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.
Damn. The girl dull no be small cheesy

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by dhardline(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2019

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Gentlewarrior1(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust
Neega take your big fat L and shut up

You no know anything and you are not even worthy yo call yourself a christian because you barely know anything about your religion

Fu'k outta here

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by 1Sharon(f): 2:16pm On May 22, 2019
Foolish atheist thinking he is wise. Hell awaits.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by janettee(f): 2:17pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.

It allows freedom but you will go to hell fire if you don't believe in god and keep his commandments...

How is that freedom? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by dododawa1: 2:17pm On May 22, 2019
LET wait till JUDGEMENT day
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust

Chai illiterate mofos everywhere. A nation that supported slavery, racism and extermination of red Indians (native Americans) for 200 years was founded upon true religion - I shake my head for u o

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by AngelicBeing: 2:20pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

3,000 years ago the Art of War was written in China.
Between 200 - 600 AD, China invented the compass & gunpowder.

The Japanese were already building castles in the 16th century.

Nah.
Nigeria is at least 10,000 years behind China & Japan thanks to religion.

*spits angry
Chai, Lucifer banga, Lucifer fried chicken, Lucifer Kpomo, Lucifer egusi, Lucifer ogbono, LuciferQuran grin

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by AngelicBeing: 2:21pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

Did you just say the USA is "the foundation of true religion"? shocked shocked

[img]https://media1./images/8bf049b704fd0a0e26fb46c5b13ffc39/tenor.gif?itemid=13429801[/img]

I'm done.

*spits angry
Hahaha, Lucifercelibate you are cracking my ribs with laughter grin

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by VivaLaFrans: 2:22pm On May 22, 2019
Atheists say if they die they will ask God which God he is, Bhudda or Yahweh etc...
Sorry atheist if you open your eyes after death, and there is a God out there and you know you're approaching Him, you wont bother asking any question, all you will ask for is forgiveness... that's if you even see Him...

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

Your ignorance is irritating and I will remain on this thread until I disgrace you like I did to pocohantas and alBHAGDADI.

The US was formed in 1776, after a war between the initial thirteen colonies and Britain when the British colonists were upset over changes in British policies. On July 4, 1776, rebel leaders made the United States Declaration of Independence. They won the Revolutionary War and started a new country.
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States

The United States of America was founded on the following principles; Individual Liberty, Federalism, Limited Government, Representative Government, Private Property, “All Men Are Created Equal” and Separation of Powers/Checks and Balances

Here is a link on the full founding principles and documents of the United States of America.
https://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/founding-principles/

I did not find religion there.

Can you show us where you saw United States of America being founded on religion?

I'll wait... smiley
No that's not wholly true but partially, dear brother. The United States was founded by the puritans and protestants who had escaped Britain, mostly from Britain because of the Harsh catholic laws and principles at that time.

United states, initially was made to serve as an extension from Great Britain and they had still kept their draconian laws( one of them is the corn law) upon them. This was then the puritans and Christians had made a revolt against the British power at that time. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln( although fought for the emancipation of slaves) and the rest were all puritans or Christians. So he is absolutely right when he says, the United States was founded on religious basis.

Here's a link to further give grounds to the answer. According to CNN

https://www.cnn.com/privacy

And here is a short part to further the claims as needed.

Those colonies were founded as outposts of a Christian nation. With American independence, however, the British monarchy lost control over its American subjects. Champions of American liberty then celebrated their religious as well as political independence.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by AngelicBeing: 2:25pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

Your ignorance is irritating and I will remain on this thread until I disgrace you like I did to pocohantas and alBHAGDADI.

The US was formed in 1776, after a war between the initial thirteen colonies and Britain when the British colonists were upset over changes in British policies. On July 4, 1776, rebel leaders made the United States Declaration of Independence. They won the Revolutionary War and started a new country.
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States

The United States of America was founded on the following principles; Individual Liberty, Federalism, Limited Government, Representative Government, Private Property, “All Men Are Created Equal” and Separation of Powers/Checks and Balances

Here is a link on the full founding principles and documents of the United States of America.
https://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/founding-principles/

I did not find religion there.

Can you show us where you saw United States of America being founded on religion?

I'll wait... smiley
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by joe4christ(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2019
1Sharon:
Foolish atheist thinking he is wise. Hell awaits.

You will get there first. I swear!

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by BiafraIsFree: 2:27pm On May 22, 2019
You have spoken well.

Uyi168:
Christianity, a religion of love..
Islam, a religion of peace..
Yet, we neither feel the love nor the peace..
embarassed

The Islamic jihadists captured Nigeria Christians. God bless Biafra.

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 22, 2019
Tozinetita:

Chai illiterate mofos everywhere. A nation that supported slavery, racism and extermination of red Indians (native Americans) for 200 years was founded upon true religion - I shake my head for u o
The point is which nation is which nation is the top nation in the world?

Is it not the nation with "in God we trust" in their currency?

Is it not the same nation with "one under God" in their pledge of allegiance?

So what that make the USA to be for you that is not an illiterate mofo, if not a religious nation at least at the time?

Whether true religion or not, religion worked for them, and distinguished them from the rest nations.

So it is the USA and the others you heard? grin

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Blazebond(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2019
Na d guy know,i am unapologetically a Christian and i love being a Christian.

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62