Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (18987 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by God4memi: 3:41pm On May 22, 2019
End time tynzzzzzzz. May God continue to have mercy .
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by BabaAduras: 3:49pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
I'm talking about then not now, for now they have started to lose that which made them great.

OK. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

You are totally correct in the sense that God made America great because the Founding Fathers laid the foundation of the country on "In God We Trust". The country is now engrossed in all sort of turmoil because the nowadays Americans moved away from God.

Having said that, I agree with OPs that "it is better to be an atheist than a NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN or MUSLIM. Most so called Nigerian Christians and Muslims are either just been religious or just following what is in vogue. They do not fear God nor do they follow HIS dictates. The PASTORS and The IMAMS are worst, they see Church and Mosque as a Non-Tax paying business ventures.

The worst part of it is that most Nigerians are simply lazy without any tangible work or business and are just looking for miracles or breakthroughs. And you have the Pastors and Imams preaching and promising the miracles and breakthroughs when you give your everything. The net effect is the poor becomes poorer because he had contributed the little he had to make things happen for him to the Pastors and the Pastors and Imams become mega rich because they are getting a tax-free income.

You can see this scenario all over Nigeria. This very much visible in the Christendom than in the Muslim world.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Chronicgenius: 4:01pm On May 22, 2019
1Sharon:
Foolish atheist thinking he is wise. Hell awaits.
What makes you feel like you are the Wise one?
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by LofP(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2019
grin grin grin Coward.

If you were truly proud of your status and confident of your belief why is the name blurred out in the image attached?
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 22, 2019
I imagine the white man threatening to kill other whitemen if they don't worship obatala or oduduwa. Is it possible?

Yet we're killing ourselves because of imported gods. The African Muslims want to wipe off their fellow Africans because of Islam.

What of Christians? Bloody hypocrites! Sinning per second.... They lie, cheat, hate, insult, they think of fornication all the time. They've had the Bible all their lives but they've never read a quarter of it....

It's an insult comparing these baboons to atheists who draw their ethics and code of conduct from humanism. Compare Muslims and Christians to wild animals in the jungle.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by lathrowinger: 4:09pm On May 22, 2019
This is the Basic truth. Yet some people still feel they are doing the best. I hope it won't late to realize the fact shocked

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Uzorsudoku: 4:39pm On May 22, 2019
even if it was an atheist ruling this country, Nigeria will not be better. its a thing of character, integrity and competence which are lacking in us. so don't blame religion. Christianity says love your neighbour as your self. it doesn't say be corrupt and wicked to your neighbour. so iniquity, greed and selfishness are to blame and not religion.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by goldimx: 4:42pm On May 22, 2019
Am an Atheist bt i ws a very serious muslim b4. So believe me wen i tel u dt all atheists are enlightened. Our eyes dun open.
STOP BELIEVING, START QUESTIONING

4 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by goldimx: 4:45pm On May 22, 2019
Uzorsudoku:
even if it was an atheist ruling this country, Nigeria will not be better. its a thing of character, integrity and competence which are lacking in us. so don't blame religion. Christianity says love your neighbour as your self. it doesn't say be corrupt and wicked to your neighbour. so iniquity, greed and selfishness are to blame and not religion.
U r ryt
bt my question is, why do people claim to be christians, go to church on sundays bt neva live by d word or wt thy preach abt?
Is dt nt fake?
Wt differentiates dem frm an atheist dt acts d same way?

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by koolaid87: 4:47pm On May 22, 2019
Niggah do your research

Its nothing but a facade

jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Let me leave you, because you seem to have a problem with the fact that USA were even more officially religious than Nigeria at the time of their exaltation.

For if not you'd tell me how "in God we trust", "one nation under God", compulsory ten commandments in their schools etc., came about as official observations.

Hence I said they practiced true religion for it was done in the right way, and not like it is currently in Nigeria where the religious don't have the morality or character to back their faith.
"in god we trust" was made the official motto by president eissenhower with the help of the 84th congress..
it was never the original "motto" but rather they believed it was done to show a clear difference between usa and the communist soviet union that tried to eradicate religion totally.it was a way of showing they won't decide on people's believe.
in fact, the original motto was "out of many came one", i can't remember the original latin statement.

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Olorunnim: 5:04pm On May 22, 2019
Religion the greatest and continuous sham show, Ever noticed you can't question religion? without being labelled as unbeliever or devil worshiper if I don't believe in your sky fairy why should I believe in your ground troll.

5 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by STENON(f): 5:06pm On May 22, 2019
Very very true. Most people hide under the pretence of religion to perpetrate evil. You see Choir master having sexual relationship with the choirs and still jumping out on Sunday for praise and worship. One reason while I can never trust any religiously inclined people not even with my iota of business plan or penny. Atheist are always very true, straightforward and realistic.

I am a Christian thou

4 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Olorunnim: 5:09pm On May 22, 2019
mmsen:

It's not abuse or misapplication. The Quran says that unbelievers should be killed. The Bible says that disobedient children should be executed.

Both texts are rooted in outmoded, foolish thinking. They have no place in 21st century life.

As for your using America as an example - America's twin pillars are genocide and slave labor, not 'true religion'.
I don't know why people look at America and think it's a model country which the rest of the world should emulate.

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Olorunnim: 5:12pm On May 22, 2019
janettee:

It allows freedom but you will go to hell fire if you don't believe in god and keep his commandments...

How is that freedom? undecided
Janet in gods Arsenal fear is the greatest weapon
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by zakir007(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2019
Think Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia etc and come back and tell me religion prevents development.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Olorunnim: 5:13pm On May 22, 2019
Tozinetita:

Chai illiterate mofos everywhere. A nation that supported slavery, racism and extermination of red Indians (native Americans) for 200 years was founded upon true religion - I shake my head for u o
You'll know American Asslickers when they post

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Slimpotter(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust
I've never seen any statement as myopic and full of ignorance as this. The same US toppling legitimate governments and flexing military prowess in the face of countries that don't play ball with them, what do you then say about their legalization of homosexuality. Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by nurusystem(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2019
Islam the religion of Jesus, Abraham, Isack, Jacob, Moses and Muhammad pbu them,,, and you are their been an atheist ,,,is a pity.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by donbenie(m): 5:33pm On May 22, 2019
Davash222:
I'm a Nigerian Christian.
Good for you.. undecided
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by budaatum: 5:41pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.
They give so much credit to believing and do not endeavour to know. They never consider whether their religious leader believed.

Perhaps its time for a thread "Did Jesus and Mohammed Believe?" I doubt God did!

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bbbwings: 5:46pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.
D
Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.
Shut the fu..ck up.
I hope they bring history back to secondary schools for kids like you.
The old Benin Kingdom was as good as Lisbon as told by an explorer until they plundered everything by giving us jesus
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/mar/18/story-of-cities-5-benin-city-edo-nigeria-mighty-medieval-capital-lost-without-trace
Mynd please nuke this guys comment

5 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Youngzedd(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Neega take your big fat L and shut up

You no know anything and you are not even worthy yo call yourself a christian because you barely know anything about your religion

Fu'k outta here

He's not an Atheist, if you check his wall you will see his other post about Christ.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by SlimCupid(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

My man, I was you exactly a year ago. Babe broke up with me for the same reason, expressing the exact same sentiment. I wish I was born a million miles from this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Akiika: 5:54pm On May 22, 2019
Read! read!! read!!! ignorance is the problem of majority of Nigerians, even the so called educated but ignorant ones. Bagging some degree doesn't make you informed or ignorance proof. Knowledge is a continuum, you have to keep reading books to challenge your dogmatic and inherited beliefs. You inherited all the beliefs that shaped you perspectives in life, have you even considered researching to at least validate them? This is the reason it has become so easy for so called religious leaders to enslave you and collect your money to live life of opelence while you remain in poverty. They even put it in your head that you will go to hell if you dare to question how they spend your money. I hope the veil of ignorance is lifted off the eyes of Nigerians, i believe in God but religion has been bastardized in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by DedeNkem: 5:57pm On May 22, 2019
He is 100% right! Nigerians are religiously st*upid! That's why pastors (conmen) milk them dry financially and sleep with them.

They buy the best cars, buy Jets, buy the best properties, build universities and hospitals most of their dumb followers can't afford!

Atheists are smart!

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by CAPSLOCKED: 6:05pm On May 22, 2019
SlimCupid:
My man, I was you exactly a year ago. Babe broke up with me for the same reason, expressing the exact same sentiment. I wish I was born a million miles from this country.

GOOD THING FOR US, WE DON'T NEED SUCH PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES.

5 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by kurfbrown(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

...RIGHT YOU ARE...ITS LIKE SAYING NOT BEING A CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM MAKE ME A HOPELESS HUMAN AND A TERRIBLE HUMAN.

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by ayosam4real: 6:40pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

#inGodwetrust
They are world power but would never think of crossing the part of Israel. When they attempt to do that they USA know they are gone. Israel is not a religious country as ours despite Christ emanating from the country
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by colbankz(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2019
OkCornel:
Only if some people read this book;

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney... they won't rush to the hasty conclusion that Nigeria was worse off in the pre-colonial era than it is today.

For example, the beauty, glory and advancement of the Bini empire left Dutch explorers dumbfounded in the 1600s...

They wondered how those people were adept at bronze work (of which artifacts which still remain intact in British museums). How these people were so organized and neat!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT HOLDING FORTE FOR ATHEISM THOUGH

Nigerians have confused religion (a mixture of truth, lies and errors) for Spirituality and Truth. I have it here with me and it's the best book i have read so far...

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Jhoanner(f): 7:12pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.

Ignorant comment. Read about pre-colonial African civilization. Also read about the era before the Renaissance period in Europe. Every part of the world experienced different stages of civilization before becoming what they are. Africa's civilization was abruptly halted. Religion is not Africa's saviour. Don't get it twisted. You can choose to deceive yourself, but please don't deceive others.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by JastSiryin(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

3,000 years ago the Art of War was written in China.
Between 200 - 600 AD, China invented the compass & gunpowder.

The Japanese were already building castles in the 16th century.

Nah.
Nigeria is at least 10,000 years behind China & Japan thanks to religion.

*spits angry
Have any of y'all dumbasses heard of Buddhism or Shinto before? Then tell me if they're not religions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.