Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (18985 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by dazzlingd(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2019
Of course, he's right
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by jimcaddy(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2019
I've said it. Religion is the main problem we have in this country. Religious sentiments here and there. But like I say, religion is a personal issue with whatever you believe in. We choose the life we want to live due to the power of freewill. So it's personal.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 22, 2019
UNDILUTED TRUTH!

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Kenog4real(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian man while decrying the rate of hypocrisy among religious people, has said it’s better to be a Nigerian Atheist than become a Nigerian Christian or Muslim.

The man identified as Michael Nwanator on Facebook wrote that while Nigeria is recognized as the most religious country in the world, it is also the poverty capital of the world and he wonders what the benefit of religion is to the people of the country.

Read his full post:

I think it’s better to be an Atheist than to be an average Nigerian Christian and Muslim.

Nigeria is the most religious nation in the world and the poverty capital of the world. Over 91 million are living below poverty line. Over 91 million people are EXTREMELY POOR. The number keep increasing everyday.

Nigeria is attributed to anything bad in the international community.

Less religious countries prosper than us. To me, Nigeria is 1,000 years behind China �� and Japan ��.

If religion can’t make us live a moral upright life, what use is the religion?

What do they teach in religious gatherings in Nigeria ��?

I don’t think there’s any Atheist holding a top government position in the country��. On Friday and Sunday, you will see them in their various religious places, but why are we in this mess?

I need answers.

Singing Hypocrite by Falz

https://lailasnews.com/its-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-nigerian-christian-or-muslim-man-says/

I still don't believe being religious makes one poor or rich because many are just blaming region which is not their fault. Take a look at the 2 most religious countries in the world and see how active the government are in those countries. When the government isn't active, people look for alternatives. This is what brought about being too religious and people will begin to look for MIRACLE. That's why if someone performs miracle, whether it's fake, authentic, or whatsoever, people will not mind going there.

In Nigeria I see Gorverment 40% active
Religion is 30%
The Remaining 30% goes to other vices like kidnapping, fraudsters, armed robbery, ritual killing and others.

My view ni o

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by realmindz: 2:41pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it is applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".

First commandment of Yahweh says we must worship Yahweh and Yahweh alone.
First Amendment to the US constitution says worship any god,
Using US as an example to support your argument is dead on arrival. A nation that gave support for LGBT right as against the same people your god hates with passion as to consume Sodom and Gomorrah.
A nation whose national budget goes into defence and space exploration...
They don't pray to God of Israel to fight their battles, they don't look into the sky to pray either, they explore it

Believe me, develop nations take religion far
less serious than we do here

14 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by COCKCROW: 2:43pm On May 22, 2019
OtemAtum:
Now see how Christianity and Islam is driving people to Atheism because of their lifestyle. I wonder how many people Jesusjnr and Originalkalokalo would have driven to atheism, not to talk of Annyplenty grin

I guess their illogical answers to questions thrown at them is what is giving people the exit from religion. Jesusjnr and co. Wehdon Sirs. We are still watching you.

THAT YOU SEE A PROFESSOR OR EDUCATED PEOPLE IN NIGERIA MISBEHAVING, WILL IT MAKE YOU TO PREFER ILLITERACY? THAT MANY NIGERIANS ON WHEEL ARE WRONG, WILL THAT MAKE YOU NOT TO DRIVER IN NIGERIA.
IF I SAY I AM A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND I AM NOT, AND IN THE PROCESS HAS CHEATED AND KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE, WILL THAT MAKE YOU NOT TO BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR?. IS IT THE STANDARD TO GUIDE IN REAL CHRISTIANITY OR IS IT NOT THE BIBLE AND JESUS CHRIST?
THIS ARGUMENT IS WEAK AND USELESS. YOU ARE NOT FIRST TO BE AN ATHEIST? AN ATHEIST HAS SOMETHING HE WORSHIP AND THAT IS SATAN. IT IS ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY THERE IS NO GOD.

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 22, 2019
Nigeria is only going to be better if these two religions can stay in unity, but according to the Bible the other children of the law won't allow the children of promise to be at peace.
Galatians 4: 21-31 ( read)

If Nigeria peradventure had been only Christian there would have been a degree of success and great achievement but tribal sentiments and opposing religious bigotry by some few people has rattled this country to its present lot.

Christianity has never an would never be the cause, the cause is a few persons that has decided means to use the religious divide in this country and cause confusion.

Look at Ghana, Ghana is almost 70% Christian and although they have few resources they are quite considerable internationally. But in Nigeira we share a 50% to 50% share of religion, there is bound to be opposing sentiment by children of Law. This with tribal sentiments and it's children has been the paltry cause of Nigerias problem. Paltry and not main because other factors are there but they are indeed minimal. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2019
jimcaddy:
I've said it. Religion is the main problem we have in this country. Religious sentiments here and there. But like I say, religion is a personal issue with whatever you believe in. We choose the life we want to live due to the power of freewill. So it's personal.
The problem with you Nigerians is that you constantly shy away from responsibilities! Always looking for who or what to put your blames upon! Tell me, did you see any church on the ballot boxes in the just concluded elections?? Do you pay taxes to the churches?? The minerals being mined from the country is it done by churches? You lots are cowardly to hold the government responsible..you can't even protest for fear of death..keep pointing fingers at the church..Las las una go get sense....

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.
Good job
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by falcon01: 2:47pm On May 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

I think you meant to say 'You and your generation are a bare a bunch useless baboons'
you me and every black idiot
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 22, 2019
Shebi right now most of our political leaders are just getting back from Mecca where instead of praying to God they spent their time plotting and scheming how to steal more money from the Nigerian masses.

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Janeben: 2:52pm On May 22, 2019
Coconut head ! What about all the calamities that has been happening in those countries that we've not experienced in Nigeria? Like Earthquakes, tornados etc. Are u aware that some people woke up or even went out and before they came back there houses nd children are gone?
POVERTY IS IN THE MIND. IT' S NOT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT..
OUR GOD IS PROTECTING US! THAT'S OUR BENEFIT. OK?
U CAN GO TO THOSE COUNTRIES AND LIVE THERE . LEAVE US WITH OUR RELIGION PLS
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by OtemAtum: 2:53pm On May 22, 2019
COCKCROW:

THAT YOU SEE A PROFESSOR OR EDUCATED PEOPLE IN NIGERIA MISBEHAVING, WILL IT MAKE YOU TO PREFER ILLITERACY? THAT MANY NIGERIANS ON WHEEL ARE WRONG, WILL THAT MAKE YOU NOT TO DRIVER IN NIGERIA.
IF I SAY I AM A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND I AM NOT, AND IN THE PROCESS HAS CHEATED AND KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE, WILL THAT MAKE YOU NOT TO BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR?. IS IT THE STANDARD TO GUIDE IN REAL CHRISTIANITY OR IS IT NOT THE BIBLE AND JESUS CHRIST?
THIS ARGUMENT IS WEAK AND USELESS. YOU ARE NOT FIRST TO BE AN ATHEIST? AN ATHEIST HAS SOMETHING HE WORSHIP AND THAT IS SATAN. IT IS ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY THERE IS NO GOD.
Using doctors and drivers as examples doesn't fit into this. Medicine and driving are professions, religion is not.
I also didn't say that there is no God because I am not an atheist. Rather, I am Otem who has come to the world to reveal the CREATOR of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu and other gods of religion and to also reveal the present state of your god Yahweh who is currently in a spiritual cage to make allowance for the eyes of humanity to open to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by realmindz: 2:56pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

3,000 years ago the Art of War was written in China.
Between 200 - 600 AD, China invented the compass & gunpowder.

The Japanese were already building castles in the 16th century.

Nah.
Nigeria is at least 10,000 years behind China & Japan thanks to religion.

*spits angry

Ten thousand years ago, Yahweh was creating the world,
About 5000 years ago, Noah our jewish ancestor was building an ark..

Where did u get your facts from?

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 22, 2019
realmindz:

First commandment of Yahweh says we must worship Yahweh and Yahweh alone.
First Amendment to the US constitution says worship any god,
Using US as an example to support your argument is dead on arrival. A nation that gave support for LGBT right as against the same people your god hates with passion as to consume Sodom and Gomorrah.
A nation whose national budget goes into defence and space exploration...
They don't pray to God of Israel to fight their battles, they don't look into the sky to pray either, they explore it

Believe me, develop nations take religion far
less serious than we do here
You should know that I was talking about the founding principles, not presently.

For if you noticed they have started losing their status gradually since they began to deviate from the original standard of their founding fathers.

You should about how their schools used to have the ten commandments as a necessity, but that has changed now, and since then the school shootings have been on the rise.

So they have deviated and hence their, but trust me, God exalted USA because it exalted Him to the extent it did.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by BabaAduras: 3:01pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it is applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".

Who told you Americans now believe "In God We Trust"? You are so far from the truth - Majority of present day Americans do NOT believe in any RELIGION. I am telling you from first hand experience because I live in Houston, Tx.

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by JuanDeDios: 3:02pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.
It's unbelievable but unfortunately this is a common position among Nigerian "believers". It's mental conditioning which robs the mind of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by realmindz: 3:03pm On May 22, 2019
Tozinetita:

Chai illiterate mofos everywhere. A nation that supported slavery, racism and extermination of red Indians (native Americans) for 200 years was founded upon true religion - I shake my head for u o

If it's based on this, yes he is right....no other book boast of slavery. Genocide and racism more than the Bible...

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by realmindz: 3:05pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
You should know that I was talking about the founding principles, not presently.

For if you noticed they have started losing their status gradually since they began to deviate from the original standard of their founding fathers.

You should about how their schools used to have the ten commandments as a necessity, but that has changed now, and since then the school shootings have been on the rise.

So they have deviated and hence their, but trust me, God exalted USA because it exalted Him to the extent it did.

USA is great because they worked hard towards it using practical approach not through prayer warriors.....
Statements like this will continue to set us backward

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 22, 2019
BabaAduras:

Who told you Americans now believe "In God We Trust"? You are so far from the truth - Majority of present day Americans do NOT believe in any RELIGION. I am telling you from first hand experience because I live in Houston, Tx.
I'm talking about then not now, for now they have started to lose that which made them great.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by oluwazoba25: 3:07pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.
I think the op mention religion not only Christine
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by LordPsalm(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2019
As a Christian, I can tell u that we Nigsrian Christians are not practicing true Christianity, we are practicing Syncretism and Idolatory. That truth has been hidden from us bcuz we don't want to read the Bible but instead sit back and let some bandits explain it to us wrongly with their greedy mind. An average Church goer thinks that his/her pastor has power over their life. "JUDGE NOT" is the worse phrase an average Nigerian Christian fears the most. We have no right to judge the pastors even when they are sinning. Then explain 1cor 5:12. Until we stop worshipping these men and create ur rwlationahip with ur maker, U will remain a slave to religion.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Shepherd00: 3:14pm On May 22, 2019
falcon01:
you me and every black idiot
Only you and your folk sir.i am not a baboon
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by oluwazoba25: 3:14pm On May 22, 2019
moorevic:
How can we make Nigeria a better place to live
we will start by removing religion tradition and tribalism. thank me letter����

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 22, 2019
realmindz:

USA is great because they worked hard towards it using practical approach not through prayer warriors.....
Statements like this will continue to set us backward
Let me leave you, because you seem to have a problem with the fact that USA were even more officially religious than Nigeria at the time of their exaltation.

For if not you'd tell me how "in God we trust", "one nation under God", compulsory ten commandments in their schools etc., came about as official observations.

For those are undeniable evidence that religion was factorial to a huge extent at the time among the most powerful Americans.

At least it can be used to compare any nation that was said to be atheist at the same time, for no one could match it.

Hence I said they practiced true religion for it was done in the right way, and not like it is currently in Nigeria where the religious don't have the morality or character to back their faith.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Babamotors100: 3:25pm On May 22, 2019
oluwazoba25:
I saw your Email....catch us with our Whatsapp number on my profile.

BABAMOTORS.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by moorevic(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2019
How about we start in our place of residence. If each of us start putting others first, just maybe we will get there.
oluwazoba25:
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Wanity(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2019
angry ;Dhttps://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.ca4bc613bd74b9588041186589b2a3a4&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.%2fmedia%2fyj3wsE2zSIgUg%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=plxkW376sC3tVt8%2bYTRSkg
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bonapart(m): 3:34pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.
you make no sense sir... but keep denying the obsious anyways. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by mubeela(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2019
falcon01:
Thats why when I see white man making Racist comment, it hurts me but deep down they are right. we are bunch of useless baboons !
Excluding me
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bonapart(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

Did you just say the USA is "the foundation of true religion"? shocked shocked

[img]https://media1./images/8bf049b704fd0a0e26fb46c5b13ffc39/tenor.gif?itemid=13429801[/img]

I'm done.

*spits angry
you dont know anything that's why you're fooling yourself. People of faith build the nation. The likes of antichrist Obama and Clintons are destroying it. Go gather some facts whooper
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Bonapart(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust
they are choking on ignorance and stupidity. They know not the people of faith built America, Christians to be precise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.