Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (18986 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Jhoanner(f): 7:28pm On May 22, 2019
Tozinetita:

Chai illiterate mofos everywhere. A nation that supported slavery, racism and extermination of red Indians (native Americans) for 200 years was founded upon true religion - I shake my head for u o

Asin!! Blatant ignorance. You tell them to read, they won't. Blockheads parading ignorance like a trophy. Smh

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by TemmyT002(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2019
Gerrarhere
Carry your nonsense and go
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Frenchkiss564: 8:13pm On May 22, 2019
Olorunnim:
I don't know why people look at America and think it's a model country which the rest of the world should emulate.

Hollywood bro

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Amumaigwe: 8:38pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.

Mankind is the adherent of Christianity. While Christianity is never to blame for our decadence, Christians are. What's your point really?
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by NyomiBanxxx: 8:55pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.

My Mum and friends also told same,
That I can't be irreligious or neutral, that it's better for me to worship Satan,
I told them I don't need to worship anyone, God or Satan should worship me too, worship no be by force

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by chinnyonwu(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

Check yourself very well o. Im atheist and not even a single girl has left me cos of it.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by chinnyonwu(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2019
NyomiBanxxx:

My Mum and friends also told same,
That I can't be irreligious or neutral, that it's better for me to worship Satan,
I told them I don't need to worship anyone, God or Satan should worship me too, worship no be by force
Na their usual motto.
"You NEED to believe in something " yen yen yen
I usually reply with I believe in myself which is usually unsatisfactory to them. Smh

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by AbuAeesha: 9:46pm On May 22, 2019
falcon01:
Thats why when I see white man making Racist comment, it hurts me but deep down they are right. we are bunch of useless baboons !
not everyone is useless.... i am not useless and I know many too aren't useless

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by mastermaestro(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2019
1Sharon:
Foolish atheist thinking he is wise. Hell awaits.

Last last, their eyes go clear. grin grin Our LORD JESUS is waiting to judge them when the time comes. I am a Christian!!!!!! grin grin

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Khaleell001(m): 10:33pm On May 22, 2019
OtemAtum:
Now see how Christianity and Islam is driving people to Atheism because of their lifestyle. I wonder how many people Jesusjnr and Originalkalokalo would have driven to atheism, not to talk of Annyplenty grin

I guess their illogical answers to questions thrown at them is what is giving people the exit from religion. Jesusjnr and co. Wehdon Sirs. We are still watching you.

I personally do not take any atheist serious because they lack the insight to see the real value of what religion truly is.

Religion has never been

.the problem, but stupid people who refuse to use their brain and follow what they are told even it is a lie.

Religion dies not call for cheating, lies, nepotism, favouritism and all other ills people do these things not religion.

If you are to blame anybody or anythingtgen blame most people who refused to say and follow the truth
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Pizzo83: 10:34pm On May 22, 2019
d guy is saying d truth
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Khaleell001(m): 10:38pm On May 22, 2019
BabaAduras:

OK. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

You are totally correct in the sense that God made America great because the Founding Fathers laid the foundation of the country on "In God We Trust". The country is now engrossed in all sort of turmoil because the nowadays Americans moved away from God.

Having said that, I agree with OPs that "it is better to be an atheist than a NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN or MUSLIM. Most so called Nigerian Christians and Muslims are either just been religious or just following what is in vogue. They do not fear God nor do they follow HIS dictates. The PASTORS and The IMAMS are worst, they see Church and Mosque as a Non-Tax paying business ventures.

The worst part of it is that most Nigerians are simply lazy without any tangible work or business and are just looking for miracles or breakthroughs. And you have the Pastors and Imams preaching and promising the miracles and breakthroughs when you give your everything. The net effect is the poor becomes poorer because he had contributed the little he had to make things happen for him to the Pastors and the Pastors and Imams become mega rich because they are getting a tax-free income.

You can see this scenario all over Nigeria. This very much visible in the Christendom than in the Muslim world.

oga, which Imaam do you see performing miracles like these dudes in suit do?
please don't lie?

I agree many religious people are really doing a bad job, but stop generalising this nonsense.

Religion has never called on anyone to be stupid, but sensible.
Blame Nigerians who hate to sacrifice for a greater rather they would sit their behind down and watch other people toil for the betterment of this country only to calm glory for their laziness.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ugosample(m): 11:16pm On May 22, 2019
T0MMY:
Being an atheist in Nigeria doesn't cut it. So much spiritual problems, you'd end up running back to either Islam or Christianity.

The question then becomes

WHY SO MUCH SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS?
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:19pm On May 22, 2019
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by falcon01: 11:19pm On May 22, 2019
AbuAeesha:

not everyone is useless.... i am not useless and I know many too aren't useless
My comments are channeled to some specific category of thinkers, not everyone understands the message! dont stress yourself.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by budaatum: 11:32pm On May 22, 2019
Khaleell001:

I personally do not take any atheist serious because they lack the insight to see the real value of what religion truly is.

Religion has never been

.the problem, but stupid people who refuse to use their brain and follow what they are told even it is a lie.

Religion dies not call for cheating, lies, nepotism, favouritism and all other ills people do these things not religion.

If you are to blame anybody or anythingtgen blame most people who refused to say and follow the truth
Yet, if religion is producing bad fruits, one can't but blame the tree itself, unfortunately.

Perhaps religious people need to reassess.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by BabaAduras: 12:47am On May 23, 2019
Khaleell001:

please don't lie?

I agree many religious people are really doing a bad job, but stop generalising this nonsense.

Blame Nigerians who hate to sacrifice for a greater rather they would sit their behind down and watch other people toil for the betterment of this country only to calm glory for their laziness.

Sincerely, I agree with you that the miracles performing Pastorprenuers are more than the Imams. But then, there are Imams in the same business.

I also agree with your second comment on lazy Nigerians but I do also blame the Pastorprenuers who go into the business of "Jesus for money" to exploit the "gullibles"
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by freethinker01: 3:19am On May 23, 2019
N.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by freethinker01: 3:32am On May 23, 2019
Jhoanner:

Ignorant comment. Read about pre-colonial African civilization. Also read about the era before the Renaissance period in Europe. Every part of the world experienced different stages of civilization before becoming what they are. Africa's civilization was abruptly halted. Religion is not Africa's saviour. Don't get it twisted. You can choose to deceive yourself, but please don't deceive others.
The guys is as dumb and foolish as the day comes... You have to see the way he consistently spew trash and thinks he's making a hell of a sense in his post. Everything e does is beclouded with religious sentiments. I just pity his progeny.
Faces palm

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Jhoanner(f): 6:17am On May 23, 2019
freethinker01:

The guys is as dumb and foolish as the day comes... You have to see the way he consistently spew trash and thinks he's making a hell of a sense in his post. Everything e does is beclouded with religious sentiments. I just pity his progeny.
Faces palm
That's very unfortunate
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by QueenVaji: 7:41am On May 23, 2019
VivaLaFrans:
Atheists say if they die they will ask God which God he is, Bhudda or Yahweh etc...
Sorry atheist if you open your eyes after death, and there is a God out there and you know you're approaching Him, you wont bother asking any question, all you will ask for is forgiveness... that's if you even see Him...

So we shall all meet God one by one... Evrybdy in dis world... Both d ones dat are dead... One by one for interview abi judgment... Its sounds somhw u chk am na
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 8:14am On May 23, 2019
OtemAtum:
Using doctors and drivers as examples doesn't fit into this. Medicine and driving are professions, religion is not.
I also didn't say that there is no God because I am not an atheist. Rather, I am Otem who has come to the world to reveal the CREATOR of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu and other gods of religion and to also reveal the present state of your god Yahweh who is currently in a spiritual cage to make allowance for the eyes of humanity to open to the truth.

This is funny, dear brother ( but please not mocking you) all the names you've just mentioned are God in different religion. This is to show you that there is one God. I am a Christan ( and it's a lifestyle, I don't practice religion)

Religion seeks to touch God, but Christianity is a total fellowship with God.

God is very very very real. You don't necessarily need to see something to believe. When in biology class they had told you, you have intestines. You had believed without questions. That's the same way God exists.

Let me tell you something, God exist and his a spirit being. There are two beings that makes up this space. We have the earthly being and the spiritual or celestial being. And the major difference between these beings is that they're incompatible. There are specific rules or principles to have any knowledge or experience the spiritual realm.

But the good thing about religion is this, although most of them do not know or are seeking a way of reaching to God. God still adores and cherishes them as far he gives them the praise but they're not following the right principles.

The right principle to experience the spiritual and know God is by accepting Christ Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior. He is the only way the truth and the life. I am a testimony of God's wonderful an awesome grace, I have experienced the supernatural beyond any means. I am a god, God's own offspring and I tell you the truth.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 8:21am On May 23, 2019
Khaleell001:

please don't lie?

Brethren, it isn't right to insult pastors that give healing. God bless you.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 8:29am On May 23, 2019
BabaAduras:

Sincerely, I agree with you that the miracles performing Pastorprenuers are more than the Imams. But then, there are Imams in the same business.

I also agree with your second comment on lazy Nigerians but I do also blame the Pastorprenuers who go into the business of "Jesus for money" to exploit the "gullibles"

What exactly do you mean by " Jesus for money" smiley.
Sometimes I ask, if you know the church gives money and it's a business venture, why don't you open church business and start your own. Business is business right. Then we would know if the spirit of God isn't with such a person, if that church would grow, especially if Jesus Christ isn't preached.

A church isn't for you to be a critic, in fact it isn't for critic. A church is a hospital, a school and everything to know you creator ( God) and see the things he has kept for you ( Christ Jesus) so that you don't suffer again. When you follow the principles of God, money comes to smoothly ( no hassles). There are different eminent people around the world, like I mean RICH and influential people that don't joke with church. And the difference between this RICH and rich people of the world is that the former never have any worries and the latter is always worrying and anxious, because there is no peace in Christ Jesus.

Dear brother, don't be among the world that criticise pastors, no matter what office they take because if you do, you bring damnation to yourself. Follow Christ Jesus, go to church and let God take the wheel. God bless you.
# Jesus Christ the truth, the life and the way.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by OtemAtum: 9:21am On May 23, 2019
Eberejesus111:

This is funny, dear brother ( but please not mocking you) all the names you've just mentioned are God in different religion. This is to show you that there is one God. I am a Christan ( and it's a lifestyle, I don't practice religion)

Religion seeks to touch God, but Christianity is a total fellowship with God.

God is very very very real. You don't necessarily need to see something to believe. When in biology class they had told you, you have intestines. You had believed without questions. That's the same way God exists.

Let me tell you something, God exist and his a spirit being. There are two beings that makes up this space. We have the earthly being and the spiritual or celestial being. And the major difference between these beings is that they're incompatible. There are specific rules or principles to have any knowledge or experience the spiritual realm.

But the good thing about religion is this, although most of them do not know or are seeking a way of reaching to God. God still adores and cherishes them as far he gives them the praise but they're not following the right principles.

The right principle to experience the spiritual and know God is by accepting Christ Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior. He is the only way the truth and the life. I am a testimony of God's wonderful an awesome grace, I have experienced the supernatural beyond any means. I am a god, God's own offspring and I tell you the truth.
I am not an atheist, I am a man who knows God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh. So everything you have written above doesn't apply to me.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by VivaLaFrans: 9:28am On May 23, 2019
QueenVaji:

So we shall all meet God one by one... Evrybdy in dis world... Both d ones dat are dead... One by one for interview abi judgment... Its sounds somhw u chk am na
Read my comment again. They said they will ask God who he is... they think everybody will meet God one by one
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by anonimi: 9:35am On May 23, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Thanks for sharing your experience. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by NNAMDIII(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

GOOD THING FOR US, WE DON'T NEED SUCH PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES.
Bro so when getting married will you do your white wedding in the church?
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by BabaAduras: 2:12pm On May 23, 2019
Eberejesus111:

What exactly do you mean by " Jesus for money" smiley.
Sometimes I ask, if you know the church gives money and it's a business venture, why don't you open church business and start your own. Business is business right. Then we would know if the spirit of God isn't with such a person, if that church would grow, especially if Jesus Christ isn't preached.

A church isn't for you to be a critic, in fact it isn't for critic. A church is a hospital, a school and everything to know you creator ( God) and see the things he has kept for you ( Christ Jesus) so that you don't suffer again. When you follow the principles of God, money comes to smoothly ( no hassles). There are different eminent people around the world, like I mean RICH and influential people that don't joke with church. And the difference between this RICH and rich people of the world is that the former never have any worries and the latter is always worrying and anxious, because there is no peace in Christ Jesus.

Dear brother, don't be among the world that criticise pastors, no matter what office they take because if you do, you bring damnation to yourself. Follow Christ Jesus, go to church and let God take the wheel. God bless you.
# Jesus Christ the truth, the life and the way.

The bible told us salvation is free. Whenever a Pastor say you need to donate a certain amount to partake in certain blessing, it is "Jesus for Money". Whenever the prayer is for Tithers only, it is "Jesus for Money". Whenever you have to buy anoint oil supplied by the church only, it is "Jesus for Money". Whenever you MUST buy a book written by the pastor to receive a certain blessing, it is "Jesus for Money". The list goes on and on.

And please do not come up with Chronicles 16.22 "Touch not my anointed ones and do my prophets no harm" because the Pastorprenuers are neither God's anointed ones nor God's prophets. They are just businessmen in the business of "Jesus for Money" and the "Church" as we see nowadays are no better than "Walmart" or "Shoprite" where you go in the hope of PROCURING miracles and breakthroughs.

Most of the Rich people in Nigeria hope they get to buy Gods forgiveness by paying tithes of our commonwealth they stole. Cecilia Ibru is a very good example. While she was stealing Oceanic Bank blind, she was the highest contributor to a well known church in Nigeria. There are many others like her all over Nigeria.

Does Warren Buffet go to church? Does Bill Gates go to church? Does Dangote go to church? Anyway, I do not know your definition of "Rich" because "you as rich as you think you are". Going to church does not guaranty blessing nor salvation, it is your relationship with God. Our heart is our church.

Hosea 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge..... Don't die of stupidity. Proverbs 2:5-6 Then shalt thou understand the fear of Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of HIS mouth cometh knowledge and understanding...... Stop fearing and worshipping Pastors, fear and worship the God of Israel, you will get Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally..... ask God for wisdom, not Pastor.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by CAPSLOCKED: 2:15pm On May 23, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Bro so when getting married will you do your white wedding in the church?

IF I'LL GET MARRIED. IF I WILL.
WHY WILL I GO TO THE CHURCH?
WHAT IS WHITE WEDDING WHEN WE COULD HAVE A WEDDING ACCORDING TO THE TRADITIONS OF MY FATHER'S FATHER?

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 23, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

This is deep bro

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by QueenVaji: 6:46pm On May 23, 2019
VivaLaFrans:
Read my comment again. They said they will ask God who he is... they think everybody will meet God one by one

Lol.... Oh i gerrit nw... Sry dear

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105