Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (31932 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 6:23am On May 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Read about Judas and Demas below.
https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people
Read
Helloooooooo Mr Baptist Church!
What would you say about this?~
It is like all baptists like you and other none deeperlife churchgoers are 'crazy people', and hellfire is your eternal destination oooooooo! embarassed

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by lastdon5: 8:54am On May 28, 2019
Chai... I miss this their hymn, I think GHS 45 or so...
Jesus only, is our message.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Rozaytee: 9:47am On May 28, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Exactly my sister.

Besides is that u @ dp ma ??
yes sir
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:53am On May 28, 2019
Rozaytee:
yes sir

You are very fine ma..
which I could PM u. But I don't know how to do that. Maybe I could get a Job or something from you.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TruthinAction: 10:25am On May 28, 2019
FactBoyz:
 [b][/b]

Since its inception in 1973, Deeper Life Bible church is a church that stands out from the rest. Thanks to their uniqueness, sobriety and dressing sense which has remained unchanged since its inception. If you want to see “Christian sisters” still on long skirts with modest dresses and blouses; you will certainly find them in their thousands in this church. Factboyz brings to you 10 things you should know about Deeper Life Bible Church.

1. Unyielding Members:

Deeper life members are always seen by other Christians of other denomination as too rigid and too unyielding to the societal pressures around them. With the belief that everyone should live soberly and righteously even as written in the Holy Scriptures (Titus 2 verses 11) they rarely yield to pressures to commit sin.

2. The Overseer Handles Its Bible Studies:

For more than 30 years, Deeper Life Bible Studies are handled by it’s general overseer and founder; Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi; and for more than 10 years is televised worldwide in Deeper Life churches every Monday beginning for 7pm.

3. Quiet, Reserved Members:

From personal experience and encounter with some members of this Evangelical church, I discovered that majority or perhaps, a good number of them have a quiet, reserved attitude. This might not be unconnected to the fact that “foolish talk and jesting” is highly discouraged in the church.

4. Modest Dressing:

This fact stands as the one of the major things that has made this church very popular. Men who attend Deeper Life are known to dress smartly with trousers and well tucked in shirts; while ladies are known to wear long, modest dresses and skirts while totally covering their heads. Williams Kumuyi, its founder puts so much emphasis on the concept of Christian Dressing.

5. Strict Holiness Doctrine:

Deeper Life Bible Church has its foundation in strong church doctrines that might not change anytime soon. For instance, the church believes that women are not to put on earrings quoting 1 Peter 3 verses 3 and 1 Timothy 2 verses 9. Same with its stance on trousers as they don’t allow women wear trousers citing historical reasons such as the fact that before trousers for women were made popular in the 1960s; it was not accepted as a female wear. Biblically they quote Deuteronomy 22 verses 5.

6. Christmas Spent In A Camp Ground:

Christmas Time is a time most Nigerians spend in their respective hometowns and villages; however, it is a bit different for Deeper Life members as End of Year camps are organized starting from around 24th of December and ending around 27th. Hence, in their various campgrounds all around the nation; thousands gather to hear the word of God preached to them.

7. Its Founder Was A Lecturer:

W.F KumuyiWillam Folorunsho Kumuyi, (b. 1941) was a lecturer who taught in the University of Lagos. He graduated with a first class honours in mathematics from the University of Ibadan in 1967. In 1973 while as a university professor, he began a bible study group with 15 students who had come to him for Bible training. This was how Deeper Life was birthed.

8. Record Breaking Crowds:

Deeper Life Crusades are known to draw hundreds of thousands of people and sometimes close to a million. William Kumyi’s visit and tours to states are greeted with much publicity and strategic planning that most times, the governors of the respected states visited for crusades attend. Kumuyi admitted in an interview that the success of his ministry and church depended on committed one on one personal evangelism.

9. One of The Largest Church Auditorium:

In April 2018, Deeper Life Bible church completed a building project it had begun for years which stands as one of the largest church auditorium in the world with a sitting capacity of about 30,000 and valued at about 5 billion naira which stands at 16 million dollars!

10. Television once banned for Members:

Every church has its own time of troubles and for Deeper Life it came this way; Pastor William Kumuyi once taught that Television shouldn’t be in a Christian home. He obviously said this because of his zealousness in keeping the holiness standard high among Deeper Life members. This teaching continued in Deeper Life for years and it generated wide controversies and arguments till the late 90s and early 2000s when Deeper Life started videotaping and televising their programs.

Hope you enjoyed our list?

Visit [b][/b] for more facts

https:///2019/05/top-10-facts-of-deeper-life-bible-church-the-nigerian-church-that-has-stood-the-test-of-time.html

Commendable achievements but missed it in areas of doctrines.
1. Holiness is about dressing even though every believer ought to dress decently.
2. The issue of condemning women putting on trousers is not a sound doctrine.
3. Segregation of members by sex during service is hypocrisy. Do they enter only female buses or cars?
4. Not playing drums or dancing during service is very boring. Believers ought to dance as they praise God.
5. Members (women) covering their head 24 hrs is unhygienic and even unscriptural.

Rev Kumuyi even said he will change certain things before he passes on to glory. He should do it fast because most of his members are actually living in bondage.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

Commendable achievements but missed it in areas of doctrines.
1. Holiness is about dressing even though every believer ought to dress decently.
2. The issue of condemning women putting on trousers is not a sound doctrine.
3. Segregation of members by sex during service is hypocrisy. Do they enter only female buses or cars?
4. Not playing drums or dancing during service is very boring. Believers ought to dance as they praise God.
5. Members (women) covering their head 24 hrs is unhygienic and even unscriptural.

Rev Kumuyi even said he will change certain things before he passes on to glory. He should do it fast because most of his members are actually living in bondage.
If you people will love to hear the truth. Kumuyi was a former member of Jehovah's Witnesses before he was excommunicated from the organization. His offence is trying to input the old traditions of the churches in the teachings, he felt the organization is wrong to have discarded the hellfire doctrine. So he decided to start his own church and plan to make it holier than JWs.
Today he has succeeded in fooling his followers into thinking that he knew anything whereas he only stole the publications of JWs, used the pictures and changed all the messages to suit his own thinking.
He failed to make them happy evangelizer, instead they are always sad because they feel people are enjoying while they can't so to them if you're not living like a mourner you're going to hellfire!
Yet they can't even preach friendly to their neighbours as they're contemplating RAPTURE which has occurred over 100 years ago!
If you're doubting me please check the early publications of deeperlife dating around late 70s-80s, ask the members why Kumuyi will not celebrate birthday and why the Church don't honour Christmas! All these are the things Kumuyi learnt and agreed upon when he was a JW!cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TruthinAction: 5:51pm On May 28, 2019
Maximus69:
If you people will love to hear the truth. Kumuyi was a former member of Jehovah's Witnesses before he was excommunicated from the organization. His offence is trying to input the old traditions of the churches in the teachings, he felt the organization is wrong to have discarded the hellfire doctrine. So he decided to start his own church and plan to make it holier than JWs.
Today he has succeeded in fooling his followers into thinking that he knew anything whereas he only stole the publications of JWs, used the pictures and changed all the messages to suit his own thinking.
He failed to make them happy evangelizer, instead they are always sad because they feel people are enjoying while they can't so to them if you're not living like a mourner you're going to hellfire!
Yet they can't even preach friendly to their neighbours as they're contemplating RAPTURE which has occurred over 100 years ago!
If you're doubting me please check the early publications of deeperlife dating around late 70s-80s, ask the members why Kumuyi will not celebrate birthday and why the Church don't honour Christmas! All these are the things Kumuyi learnt and agreed upon when he was a JW!cheesy

Never knew he was a Jehovah witness. No wonder they don't also celebrate Christmas. But I don't agree with you on the issue of rapture. Rapture is yet to take place.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

Never knew he was a Jehovah witness. No wonder they don't also celebrate Christmas. But I don't agree with you on the issue of rapture. Rapture is yet to take place.
Well he was formerly a JW, he had all our publications which he reads from time to time along with books from so many philosophers!
I just pity his followers because many of them are loyal to him not knowing that they don't know a thing about Jesus!
As for the taken up of the holy ones, that has taken place as my brother told you. Majority of the born agains are already in heaven now! The few ones remaining will join them one by one immediately they give up their last breath!
You may wonder what about me that is typing this now?
Well Jesus has two folds of sheep, the little number are going to rule with him in heaven {Luke 12:32} but the countless remaining ones he referred to as his other sheep of a greater fold{ John 10:16} this ones will live here on earth forever {Matthew 5:5}, i belong to the other fold not the first fold!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TruthinAction: 9:30pm On May 28, 2019
TATIME:
Well he was formerly a JW, he had all our publications which he reads from time to time along with books from so many philosophers!
I just pity his followers because many of them are loyal to him not knowing that they don't know a thing about Jesus!
As for the taken up of the holy ones, that has taken place as my brother told you. Majority of the born agains are already in heaven now! The few ones remaining will join them one by one immediately they give up their last breath!
Well Jesus has two folds of sheep, the little number are going to rule with him in heaven {Luke 12:32} but the countless remaining ones he referred to as his other sheep of a greater fold{ John 10:16} this ones will live here on earth forever {Matthew 5:5}, i belong to the other fold not the first fold!

My battery is low. I will tell you why it hasn't taken place yet based on Scripture.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 10:18am On May 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Work based Salvation church.

Another false church that doesn't believe in eternal security. It means they are damning people to hell.
Your born again BRETHREN and best friend on NL 'OLAADEGBU' is also a deeperlifer, can you say this to his face? wink wink wink
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Rozaytee: 11:37pm On May 29, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

You are very fine ma..
which I could PM u. But I don't know how to do that. Maybe I could get a Job or something from you.

okay...wats ur discipline
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2019
Rozaytee:
okay...wats ur discipline
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Rozaytee: 6:48pm On May 30, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Not yet in school, Still working on it.
Am 20 years old. I do occasional projects jobs with an IT firm, Scanning and documentation. But I don't have any job or doing anything for now.

Please you can WhatsApp me Mam.

This is my number.

God bless.
okay I will send you a message if I Have any... U can forward ur CV to my mail... First send me a mail tru nairaland so I can see it den... U can forward ur CV...
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2019
TATIME:
He was never a JW. Don't know where you guys get all this false informations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Emmabari:
He was never a JW. Don't know where you guys get all this false informations
Please ask him why he is not celebrating Christmas, birthdays and other public festival considered as normal by his other BORN AGAIN Pastors!
And why didn't he come out openly to declare what he had in mind against such festivals! cheesy
You people just like to argue blindly!
Kumuyi that has all JW books in his room, reading it so as to know what's next to teach you!
For your information, it was because Jehovah's Witnesses released a watchtower magazine during the late 70s regarding the dangers of been too expose to television viewing that your Pastor asked all of you to dispose your TVs! wink
And all the pictures found in his publications back then were photocopies of drawings in a publication of Watchtower{Jehovah's Witnesses} the book is entitled 'You can live forever in Paradise on earth'
So instead of arguing blindly, why not ask for deeperlife publications of the 70s & 80s, and check all the photocopied drawings so that i present the JW book for you to verify?
Or do you think Kumuyi has nothing to do anymore with the publications he purposely printed back then to catch gullible people into becoming members of his church?
Please if you LOVE to know the TRUTH, get those publications and i will show you the JW book inside which Kumuyi STOLE the drawings he was using back then!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2019
Maximus69:
Please ask him why he is not celebrating Christmas, birthdays and other public festival considered as normal by his other BORN AGAIN Pastors!
And why didn't he come out openly to declare what he had in mind against such festivals! cheesy
You people just like to argue blindly!
Kumuyi that has all JW books in his room, reading it so as to know what's next to teach you!
For your information, it was because Jehovah's Witnesses released a watchtower magazine during the late 70s regarding the dangers of been too expose to television viewing that your Pastor asked all of you to dispose your TVs! wink
And all the pictures found in his publications back then were photocopies of drawings in a publication of Watchtower{Jehovah's Witnesses} the book is entitled 'You can live forever in Paradise on earth'
So instead of arguing blindly, why not ask for deeperlife publications of the 70s & 80s, and check all the photocopied drawings so that i present the JW book for you to verify?
Or do you think Kumuyi has nothing to do anymore with the publications he purposely printed back then to catch gullible people into becoming members of his church?
Please if you LOVE to know the TRUTH, get those publications and i will show you the JW book inside which Kumuyi STOLE the drawings he was using back then!
Copying drawings from a JW book doesn't make one a JW. I do read some of JW books, does that make me a JW? Pastor Kumuyi was a born in an Anglican home, that's were he came out from before he started Deeper Life. You said he has all JW books in his room, how do you know that, have you been to his room before?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by nwakaibe(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Maximus69:
cheesy

JW don come again. So it is no longer embezzling money meant for repair of Kingdom Hall but doctrine.
You guys are full of lies. Check Kumuyi's history from Mayflower till date.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Emmabari:
Copying drawings from a JW book doesn't make one a JW. I do read some of JW books, does that make me a JW? Pastor Kumuyi was a born in an Anglican home, that's were he came out from before he started Deeper Life. You said he has all JW books in his room, how do you know that, have you been to his room before?
I've spoken with one of his former members closest to him, he is the one who told me all of this but we need not argue about this.
If he wouldn't mark his birthday nor celebrate Christmas, use the photocopy of the drawings found in the book of those who will never celebrate both and his followers aren't well known for the ability to defend his teachings against both birthdays and Christmas from the Bible like JWs do, then something is wrong somewhere! wink
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
Maximus69:
I've spoken with one of his former members closest to him, he is the one who told me all of this but we need not argue about this.
If he wouldn't mark his birthday nor celebrate Christmas, use the photocopy of the drawings found in the book of those who will never celebrate both and his followers aren't well known for the ability to defend his teachings against both birthdays and Christmas from the Bible like JWs do, then something is wrong somewhere! wink
You didn't speak with anyone close to him. You guys should just stop spreading lies
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Emmabari:
You didn't speak with anyone close to him. You guys should just stop spreading lies
Don't cry Sir!
You' have freedom to speech, expression and worship, so if you wish Kumuyi to be your Pastor it's OK. We're just talking about his HIDDEN secrets, please close your eyes and ears since you don't want to know it! wink
But you can't stop the truth because lovers of truth need to know it in order to be FREE from workers of iniquity who poses as sheep whereas they're ravenous wolves! Matthew 7:15
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by danfidel01(m): 10:10am On Jun 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The bold is the work based Salvation we are talking about. You say they say it is ones obedience, which I believe means keeping commandments, that takes one to heaven.

Where is Jesus in the equation?

The equation that takes one to heaven is Jesus and Jesus alone. Our works of righteousness are filthy rags aka sanitary pads and can get us nowhere.

Any church that says salvation is faith based on my but say your obedience also determines if you will make heaven, such a church is a false place. Flee

LOL!!!
I talked about "believers" living carefree lives (That is a life of sin), and you believe God is "cool" with them, because they say "Lord Jesus I accept you", but their lifestyles does not reflect that.
What a big Joke.
Remember that:
For if we go on willfully and deliberately sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice [to atone] for our sins [that is, no further offering to anticipate] (mark the "comma here"wink , but a kind of awful and terrifying expectation of [divine] judgment and the fury of a fire and burning wrath which will consume the adversaries [those who put themselves in opposition to God].
HEBREWS 10:26‭-‬27 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/heb.10.26-27.AMP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Alejobs: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2019
Is it really difficult to be good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Predictions For The Last Quarter Of The Year. / How Prominent ‘men Of God’ Misfired: All The Failed Prophecies On 2019 Elections / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.