|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,657,685 members, 6,238,105 topics. Date: Monday, 12 April 2021 at 07:06 AM
I Want To Buy A Car In Cotonou - How To Import Cars From Cotonou To Nigeria / How Oviecardealer Helped Me Purchased An SUV From Cotonou... / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! (2) (3) (4)
|Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Legalo: 6:46pm On May 26, 2019|
1. It is illegal. If vehicle is intercepted while crossing it can be seized permanently by the Govt.
2. Vehicles cannot be test driven before payment. Car lots are jam-packed with so many vehicles, and until payment is made, vehicle will not be removed from the packed lot. After payment no one will answer you.
3. vehicle might be vandalised when you go to make payment. When you come back things like jacks, floor mats and tiny parts might be missing when u get back
4. Possible breakdown when driving back to nigeria, if you are unlucky and the vehicle has faults when driving it back, it becomes an expensive fix sending parts across the border.
5. Vehicle theft . Your vehicle can be stolen while in transit without you ever knowing what happened to ur investment.
64 Likes 8 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by ITbomb(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2019|
That is, if you no know the way
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Legalo: 6:50pm On May 26, 2019|
Car buying and selling tips
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by CityNGR: 7:09pm On May 26, 2019|
GOOD ONE LEGALWEALTH
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by legalwealth(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2019|
I couldn't stop laughing! !!
I'm not the one behind this moniker opened on May 26th, 2019 but I'm Legalwealth of IJAM Autos =》 www.ijamautos.com
Chai! Legalwealth is so popular that someone wants to tap from what BCD started calling him because calling Legalwealth was too heavy for their mouth to call.
Feel free to read https://www.nairaland.com/4911746/read-why-how-car-almost to read about how car dealers forge customs paper.
Land borders have been officially closed. So therefore, it is unlawful to bring cars/vehicles through Cotonou. It is that simple! !!
6 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by lereinter(m): 7:20am On May 27, 2019|
Millions of cars were brought into this country from coutonu
34 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by naijaguy123456(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2019|
Sit down there, people bring in thousands of cars every day from Cotonou.
28 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by EdeyHot: 8:07am On May 27, 2019|
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Oblitz(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2019|
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by sleekpro(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2019|
Most of the things you wrote here are lies from the pit of hell.
Be possitive in your business.
I see to much bad belle here.
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by leonard002(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2019|
Oh really. Who verified your information?
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by sheffyUTD(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2019|
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by sauceEEP(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2019|
Legalo made front-page for the first time
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by chloride6: 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
Only point 1 is valid..
Dont listen to anyone who tells you they can help you work TINCAN port on the car..
Na only you go day when Customs go hold you for Benin - Ore
20 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by chumakk: 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
Go and tell Nigeria to make it easy to import things through their port
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
Cotonou is not safe too? Where else is safe then?
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Dearlord(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
Buying in Cotonou is even cheaper and every accessory intact
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by MobilityExpress: 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
Supplentary Reasons NOT to Buy in Cotonou (Unless you are very experienced)
1) You can buy the same quality Cars in Nigeria cheaper (duty paid) or similar price range with minor difference not worth the stress
2) You are in control of your transaction in Nigeria. But in Cotonou, there are so many variables involved that are out of your control, like from changing currency, to security, to logistics, to clearing (flying of car), to riding a bike almost an hour or more across different car yards trying to find the right car for you, to language barrier (unless you speak French) as the agents cut price deals in front of the importer in a language you speak not and add their own on top etc
3) You might be buying a stolen car or a used car! Yes some cars being displayed as Tokunbo in Cotonou where stolen from other West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana etc. You have very tight chances of verification. Some are used, and re-packaged as Tokunbo but it's hard to tell apart with all the fake documents flying around and all the near perfect restoration job that leaves the cars shining like brand new. In other words, not every Tokunbo in Cotonou is a Tokunbo tokunbo.
4) Anything can go wrong at any stage of the purchase process. It is not as simple as A,B,C or 1, 2, 3.
5) Unless you have deep connection with Nigerian Customs or Nigerian Army or you know someone who does, then smuggling can go bad for you at any time. If they like, let them drive it under the river, the will meet Customs Fish Command Zone inside and Customs Mammy Water FOU Command and NPF anti-smuggling Unit There. You think say only you get sense?
6) They sell accidented cars in Cotonou too. It is not a Nigerian dealer only phenomenon. It happens all over Africa, in short, all over the world. Copart, IAAI etc sell worldwide. So it's not a Nigerian dealer thing.
7) Once you pay in Cotonou, your change of ownership name becomes OYO
Disclaimer: please buy your car anywhere or anyhow you want to buy it. It's not my business how you spend your money. I won't argue with anybody.
49 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by MarvayBlog: 8:10am On May 27, 2019|
This is just from one man's perspective.
First of all there are different places to buy cars in Cotonu and not just one place that has cars logged in somewhere you can't test drive.
Secondly most of the vehicles that are seized are mostly the ones that are smuggled and I repeat SMUGGLED through illegal routes in order to avoid paying customs. Now what some people don't know is that most vehicle that are not older than 8 years are not illegal to pass through the border without stress. You pay for customs normally and settle them well, then you flow in naija without any issues.
Although they still allow vehicles older than 8years come in but you have to know how to settle with customs well. And if you know one or two people in the customs nothing to worry about.
As for buying damaged cars or making payment before they give you car that all depends on where you go to buy your car from. Good car dealers know the game and they get good cars for other car dealers in Nigeria.
At the end it still depends on any individual to decide where he/she chooses to buy their cars.
What will you say is the difference when buying from USA or other European countries.
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by ntyce(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2019|
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Aidejay(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2019|
Bad energy stay far away
Make e stay far away (In wizzy'$ voice)
Happy childrens day!!
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by bid121: 8:13am On May 27, 2019|
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Engrr(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2019|
There is a legal way of importing cars from Cotonu!
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by Sheriman(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2019|
Millions of cars Trucks are purchased in Cotonou my friend
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by ntyce(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2019|
The Op is obviously not well enlightened....
It is not a crime to buy through Cotonu port, you just have to pay the required custom dues....
8 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by wileddy(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2019|
Why go to cotonou to buy a car when there cars everywhere in Nigeria? The stress is usually too much.
4 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou by CaptainMarvel(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2019|
sleekpro:kindly counter his lies with the Truth.
1 Like 1 Share
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212