Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React (56253 Views)

Woman Enjoys At An Eatery With Her Children, Maid Sits Unattended To (Photo) / Boyfriend's mum Advice / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by ibkayee(f): 2:21pm On May 30, 2019
Preshy561:
Haa!! You are a very funny man.
She even lifted her legs and you are complaining? I will wait for her to lift my legs for me and then, when she's done sweeping the portion, she should bring it down too.

I'm meant to be pampered and petted as I'm gonna be the one to choose if I'm marrying their son or not, and also gonna be the one that's gonna choose if the family is hardworking and compatible enough for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 30, 2019
Nigerians ooo

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 30, 2019
djon78:

My girl i was planning to marry slept over in my parents house, she was served food, when she finished, she didn't remove plate, in the morning woke up did nothing.

My parents never ever agreed for me to marry her, they said she wasn't raised well.
And I warned her to behave herself, but she said she no send.

You may say that the elders are overbearing, but they are right. We have so many women today who say they no send, but if you look deeper you will see serious character deficiency.
No this one is very bad oo
whom is she leaving the plates for?
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2019
sweetrace:

See as your brain is running on zero fuel! Is it part of your culture to sweep while there’s a guest in the room? Was his mum being respectful? Why did her son not collect the broom from his mum so he could help her? Or the culture does not pertain to him? Please, don’t even try to imagine how I’d behave if it was me.

Firstly the brain doesn't run on fuel. Next time consider a more suitable metaphor...
ND your whole ranting is only centered on anger and frustration, there no reasonable basis, no substantial rationale to displace the mother's action as WRONG..

ND how would you have behaved if it were you? would you had kicked the broom off the mother's grasp, or shouted at her, or verbally abused her.? what you had done madam vexation??

Anyways everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
A very toxic person could easily sweep that floor and pass d test. Then again, she not taking the broom could mean she doesn't even love d guy that much or wanna marry him.

You point valid...
Come lemme buy you cold stone
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 6:22pm On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

Firstly the brain doesn't run on fuel. Next time consider a more suitable metaphor...
ND your whole ranting is only centered on anger and frustration, there no reasonable basis, no substantial rationale to displace the mother's action as WRONG..

ND how would you have behaved if it were you? would you had kicked the broom off the mother's grasp, or shouted at her, or verbally abused her.? what you had done madam vexation??

Anyways everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Rants? smh! Who sweeps a room when a guest is in it? What happened to her son, could he not have told her to stop or sweep the room in her stead if that’s their culture? As for what I’d have done, keep on with the imagination. When your girlfriend comes visiting for the first time, tell her to pound yam for your entire family. Your biz.

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

You point valid...
Come lemme buy you cold stone
OH my, I'm coming. Gracias
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2019
sweetrace:

Rants? smh! Who sweeps a room when a guest is in it? What happened to her son, could he not have told her to stop or sweep the room in her stead if that’s their culture? As for what I’d have done, keep on with the imagination. When your girlfriend comes visiting for the first time, tell her to pound yam for your entire family. Your biz.

Lolz....All of you coming at me now bah
Oya I've heard you. You're right to an extent though ,,in fact you have a valid point, a very valid one.

You know men reason with logic and women with intuition. Intuition is sometimes right. Let's say my logic didn't agree with your intuition. I didn't reason a potential guest visiting for the first time is not expected to do anything, infact not do anything at all. and If I was the guy, I would honestly had asked my mom what she had up her sleeve when she swept whilst a guest was present..

She is a guest, visiting for the first time. She's not obligated to anything and shouldn't be compelled to.. if she wanted to its up to her, not me ..

Now you're satisfied bah.. Let's not argue again. When you're faced with such scenerio do whatever you FEEL/THINK is right...
You're a diva

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Lolz...no waste time oooo I won't wait for too long
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Lolz...no waste time oooo I won't wait for too long
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 6:49pm On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

Lolz....All of you coming at me now bah
Oya I've heard you. You're right to an extent though ,,in fact you have a valid point, a very valid one.

You know men reason with logic and women with intuition. Intuition is sometimes right. Let's say my logic didn't agree with your intuition. I didn't reason a potential guest visiting for the first time is not expected to do anything, infact not do anything at all. and If I was the guy, I would honestly had asked my mom what she had up her sleeve when she swept whilst a guest was present..

She is a guest, visiting for the first time. She's not obligated to anything and shouldn't be compelled to.. if she wanted to its up to her, not me ..

Now you're satisfied bah.. Let's not argue again. When you're faced with such scenerio do whatever you FEEL/THINK is right...
You're a diva

I like that you’re big enough to admit when you’re wrong. I like and agree with almost everything you wrote. The but? I don’t agree that ladies are not logical. Who ever came up with that is a chauvinist!

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

Lolz...no waste time oooo
I won't wait for too long
No problem
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 7:01pm On May 30, 2019
sweetrace:

I like that you’re big enough to admit when you’re wrong. I like and agree with almost everything you wrote. The but? I don’t agree that ladies are not logical. Who ever came up with that is a chauvinist!

Lol...CHAUVINIST?
But it's scientifically proven. Women mostly reason with cognition without the use of conscious rational processes...
INTUITION
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 7:05pm On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

Lol...CHAUVINIST?
But it's scientifically proven. Women mostly reason with cognition without the use of conscious rational processes...
INTUITION

And how did they reach this conclusion? The pool of women was made up of women from what educational and socioeconomic background?
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by aswani(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2019
What a funny thread. Some people here are acting big and tough saying all sorts. All it takes is for one of their friends or relatives to show them their engagement ring and not only will they collect broom from mama to continue sweeping the parlour, they would sweep the whole house on top.

if it were my mum or any other older woman in a house I am visiting, I will collect the broom. It is nothing to do with testing, misogyny or becoming part of the family, it is upbringing, pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Ryan03(f): 8:31pm On May 30, 2019
sweetrace:

I like you, you are strong
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by linked: 8:53am On May 31, 2019
sweetrace:

Madam! stop feeling fly. Be humble and learn. Humility is a very important quality. Try to cultivate it and you'll go far in life. If I go visit a friend for the very first time and then I see his/her mum within my view trying to carry something reasonably heavy, I will simply make a request to help out. If I was even visiting my male friend for the very first time and his mum starts sweeping I wouldn't just sit down and then raise my legs to let her sweep under. I will definitely make a request to help out. If she says "don't worry" then she can continue. Besides I wouldn't even be comfortable raising my legs and someone older or my superior sweeps under as this lady did. I will simply stand or change my seat at the interim while the sweeping continues. It is called good manners. Learn o!
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 8:59am On May 31, 2019
linked:
Madam! stop feeling fly. Be humble and learn. Humility is a very important quality. Try to cultivate it and you'll go far in life. If I go see a friend for the very first time and then I sees his/her mum within my view trying to carry something reasonably heavy, I will simply make a request to help out. If I was even visiting my male friend for the very first time and his mum starts sweeping I wouldn't raise my legs let her sweep past me. I will definitely make a request to help out. If she says "don't worry" then she can continue. Besides I wouldn't even be comfortable raising my legs and someone older or my superior sweep pass under as this lady did. I will simply stand or change my seat at the interim while the sweeping continues. It is called good manners. Learn o!

I was having a conversation with a rational human being. What brought you here? On and offline, I keep a long distance from antagonistic people like you who are looking for who to pour their personal aggro on. Please go away and don’t come back no more.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Bossjakande: 9:12am On May 31, 2019
bbjummy:

Yoruba people and eye services are 5 and 6. The first time I went to my in-laws, I felt like a king and subsequently I joined in their routines. I can't pretend please. If they like you, they like you chikena.
god purnish u dere. u are IBO and act like Yoruba to spoil our name. no Yoruba girl will do dis rubbish
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by linked: 9:34am On May 31, 2019
sweetrace:

I was having a conversation with a rational human being. What brought you here? On and offline, I keep a long distance from antagonistic people like you who are looking for who to pour their personal aggro on. Please go away and don’t come back no more.
Your response smacks of pride!. Humility is a virtue.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by linked: 9:49am On May 31, 2019
"See something, say something". I saw something and I said it. Mod why?. The world can only be a better place when we are truthful to one another. I am not one to massage someone else' ego with lies or even half-truths
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by West601(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
I only Asked a question ni oo.. We all know it ain't proper to sweep when one has a visitor ni. That's my argumentative angle. So collecting d broom ain't my concern
who said so?
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by NkayStory(f): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
joyberry:
Test ko test ni,so if the girl collects the broom,she is a wife material? Based on what her ability to sweep,is that the basics for marriage, All these so called tests sef,i never heard of multi-millionaires doing such, its always the struggling ones.Who even sweeps when guests are around sef?its rude and shows the guests he or she aint wanted, if the girl is a regular at the house ,fine thats different but a first-time visitor haba sef?
All these guys on this thread, if u go to your gf house and the father starts to wash his car in ur presence will u join him to wash the car?I don't get the act of degrading or putting some tru certain tests cos he or she wants to marry your child. That why many people pretend tru out courtship to put up with their potential in-laws unnecessary tests, and unleash their true colours in marriage .

Spot on!
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by NkayStory(f): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
Stuppid,childish,crude test

The lady should do well and do away with such family.,they are usually no good.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by bbjummy: 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
Bossjakande:
god purnish u dere. u are IBO and act like Yoruba to spoil our name. no Yoruba girl will do dis rubbish
Your insult back to you a thousand folds. Have we met before? Do you know me? And besides, I can't recall mentioning you. Please respect yourself and stay on your lane.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by MyExpression(m): 12:05pm On May 25, 2023
Safiaa:
Nigerians and tradition will kill them. Stupid people. Why can’t the son take the broom from his mother? Is his hand disabled? All these stupid rules and regulations to judge someone’s character, you never jam one babe that will form house-girl just to impress the family, but the heart is black. I just honestly think it’s not that deep, seriously, and it’s not enough to break up with her.

Why will she want to sweep when there's a Guest in the room?

It is disrespectful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Kenyan Man And His Two Pregnant Wives Strike A Pose (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.